PDA

View Full Version : Pray for Marriages

Quiet storm
04-04-2007, 01:19 AM
This is just a general prayer request I want us to keep marriages lifted up in prayer I am seeing so many couples getting divorced that I am honestly getting a little discouraged.

BlackCalvinist
04-04-2007, 01:47 AM
A little encouragement for you:

http://www.the5thquarter.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=33061

eternal
04-04-2007, 11:45 AM
This is just a general prayer request I want us to keep marriages lifted up in prayer I am seeing so many couples getting divorced that I am honestly getting a little discouraged.

Bro, I felt the same way. Leading up to the engagement it was all I could think about. Especially since my cousin, who loves God, is now going through a tough separation that looks like it will end in divorce. He is in so much pain and hurt. And I know he didn't set out with the frame of mind that divorce was an option. So I thought, how am I any different? So many things have to go right.

But God continued to confirm my love for her and her love for me. We continued to commit ourselves to God first and kept finding each other. After the engagement I expressed my fears (I had already given her the whole "forever" speech before, a few times, lol) and she comforted me, and my resolve continued to grow. I know we are still young in our marriage, and our relationship relatively, but I have no worries at all, and am completely confident in the union God has blessed. God has joined us, and we shall not be separated. I am as confident of this as anything.

Fear can creep in. Thinking about how much changes in 20 years. But we will grow together. And God is with us. I am sure as time goes by, you will grow in your confidence as well.

But in the mean time, you are so right...PRAYER is what we need!

albraggs
04-04-2007, 10:21 PM
I will pray, I don't know too many ppl in my family that are married. I know my god mother is married for over 25 or more years. Don't get discourage. Many ppl I know in my family or family of friends seem to get a divrovced bcuz they dont want to work out there sisutions. I praying fam, pray that ppl will stay with each other and work out whatever sisution they may be in. But again Im praying. God Bless you

asia

thankfull
04-04-2007, 10:53 PM
Praying. That is something that should be prayed for on the regular.