-

-

true OR false?

Dre
03-21-2007, 10:59 AM
I hear about it alot. But I can tell you better in 7 and a half years

Azriel
03-21-2007, 11:43 AM
should be false for believers...for the unredeemed...they do what their nature desires....some sin....some don't...

pchild
03-21-2007, 01:06 PM
should be false for believers...for the unredeemed...they do what their nature desires....some sin....some don't...

it should be -but why isn't it?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

RJ of MMM
03-21-2007, 01:14 PM

Human behavior takes a longer time to mature in than we "who are spiritual" tend to give room for it to. After a long time with one another, there are apt to be those moments of instability (my word), but overcoming the mentality of what could happen takes reformed minds and hearts, as well as a behavior change to "keep at it."

granted, I am not speaking from having been married, but only from watching those couples that have put decades in and have seemingly upped the level of their love and affection to one another beyond itches and apparent greener pastures.

CHEMAelMC
03-21-2007, 01:14 PM
-

-

-

-

true OR false?

excuse my ignorance, but what's that "7 year itch" exactly??

Azriel
03-21-2007, 02:56 PM

When believers (true believers, not professing) are not on top of our spiritual disciplines, we will fall into any sin. That's why its a 'should be'...but if we are on top of our spiritual disciplines....we will have a structured support system both internally and externally that will assist us to that "way of escap".

When a married couple either seeks the attention indivudally or corporately for an extra-marital companion sexually. sickening!

CHEMAelMC
03-21-2007, 03:02 PM
When believers (true believers, not professing) are not on top of our spiritual disciplines, we will fall into any sin. That's why its a 'should be'...but if we are on top of our spiritual disciplines....we will have a structured support system both internally and externally that will assist us to that "way of escap".

When a married couple either seeks the attention indivudally or corporately for an extra-marital companion sexually. sickening!

Yo, thanks...

pchild
03-21-2007, 09:26 PM

This is the point in a relationship where people are
more likely to cheat.

;)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jason718
03-21-2007, 09:48 PM
funny, when i read this thread, i thought it was talking about people backsliding after being nominal christians for 7 years.

But i guess be it marital adultery, or adultery in the "israel" sense, it's still backsliding.

isn't it ironic that the year of completion means that people are 'done' with the marriage relationship?

seal
03-21-2007, 11:25 PM
Yo,

I'm sorry but I have the itch to sin daily (especially sexually whether in thought or deed) and i'm sure 7 years from now that same itch is going to be there. Yet, Glory be to God that the Holy Spirit will continue to enable me to avoid that itch.

Hail King Jesus,
seal

pchild
03-22-2007, 01:58 PM
Yo,

I'm sorry but I have the itch to sin daily (especially sexually whether in thought or deed) and i'm sure 7 years from now that same itch is going to be there. Yet, Glory be to God that the Holy Spirit will continue to enable me to avoid that itch.

Hail King Jesus,
seal

thanx for your honesty

- - - - - - - - - -

pchild
03-22-2007, 01:58 PM
funny, when i read this thread, i thought it was talking about people backsliding after being nominal christians for 7 years.

But i guess be it marital adultery, or adultery in the "israel" sense, it's still backsliding.

isn't it ironic that the year of completion means that people are 'done' with the marriage relationship?

hmmmmm......

naijagirl
03-22-2007, 02:04 PM
-

-

-

-

true OR false?

In my family's case, it was more than a 7 year itch. It was a "as long as we are married and even when our daughter is born" itch. My dad couldn't keep his lust under control. According to Mom, he still got letters from old flames and all that. When I was 4, he left and married another woman (polygamy). And my maternal grandpa before him did the exact same thing.

Believe me, the itch is more than 7 years. And if one acts on that itch, it destroys homes. I mean, my half-bro's name means "Look at what I've done" because my mom couldn't have a son. That's for another thread.