PDA

View Full Version : no unwholesome talk????? you've got to be joking or are you........

yellow_glass27
03-14-2007, 02:49 PM
we all know about that verse that says not to let unwholesome talk come out the mouth. I know some of us dont follow it always(I know I dont) but the question is do you strive to make sure y ou are always a nice person or are you one of those "if you nice to me i'll be nice to you" type of people? I personally am the latter. dont get me wrong I love my faith but If someone is ugly to me I'm not going to be nice to them.

so the real question is, do you think the we as christians should let people walk all over us because we are christians?

Danielle
03-14-2007, 03:18 PM
we all know about that verse that says not to let unwholesome talk come out the mouth. I know some of us dont follow it always(I know I dont) but the question is do you strive to make sure y ou are always a nice person or are you one of those "if you nice to me i'll be nice to you" type of people? I personally am the latter. dont get me wrong I love my faith but If someone is ugly to me I'm not going to be nice to them.

so the real question is, do you think the we as christians should let people walk all over us because we are christians?

We must turn the other cheek!!

dogfight!
03-14-2007, 03:41 PM
We must turn the other cheek!!

thats if they get one slap in. Best bet is to keep them from slapping u in the first place. :)

Devin
03-14-2007, 04:33 PM
hmmmm...somtimes ppl are just irritating..i deal with that at my current job...customers can be downright ignorant and disrespectful...so i decided im going to respond by being sarcastic....you know..the way i act on here:D

yellow_glass27
03-15-2007, 09:36 PM
hmmmm...somtimes ppl are just irritating..i deal with that at my current job...customers can be downright ignorant and disrespectful...so i decided im going to respond by being sarcastic....you know..the way i act on here:D

aint nothin wrong with sarcasm. It's just as good as an insult:D

Redeemed
03-15-2007, 09:46 PM
Let's consider the Scriptures to search God's mind concerning this issue.

Matthew 5:9-12
9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falselya, for my sake. 
12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Matthew 5:43-48
43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

yellow_glass27
03-18-2007, 07:22 PM
also lets consider the hostility that I have towards those that treat others like crap just for the sake of doing it.