LaRosa
03-14-2007, 09:16 AM
Feels Good - 2 Corinthians 3:16-18
Written by LaRosa Johnson
Wednesday, 14 March 2007

Artist: Ambassador
Song: Feels Good
Album: The Thesis

Being a Christian is an awesome thing, and something that shouldn't be taken for granted. I see so many people in the world profess to be Christians, but they really don't have any idea of what it really means to die to self so that Christ can reign in our lives. The beauty of being a Christian is that when you do figure this out, it feels so good. That's one of the reasons why I love Ambassador's song "Feels Good" because it really puts on display how good it feels to have newness of life in Christ Jesus, which is what I want to talk about this morning. To start off, let's open up our Bibles to 2 Corinthians 3:16-18.

2 Corinthians 3:16-18 (NASB) - but whenever a person turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.

In the context of this passage, Paul is speaking about being ministers of a new covenant, which is the gospel of Jesus Christ, which is what we find revealed in the writings of the New Testament. With this passage, we are shown how blinded and in bondage we are while trying to live under the Old Covenant (Law) and that a veil is placed over our hearts because we do not truly know God. He then goes on to say in today's passage that whenever a person turns to the Lord that this veil of not knowing God is taken away and we are able to experience the glory of the Lord, which then transforms us into that image. And with this unveiling of truth and glory comes a liberty or freedom to walk in the light of Christ without being bound by the Law, but living under the covenant of grace.

Tying this together with Ambassador's song, Duce and Da' T.R.U.T.H. break down in layman's terms what it means to have this freedom in Christ. In the hook, we find lines like "It feels good—‘cause I know that I’m gonna cry/ But I know where I go when I die" where we are able to find freedom and comfort in the fact that we know where we'll spend eternity; whereas lines like "The state of my mind’s just been transformed by the truth/ And God's Spirit when I faced the divine text" teach that we can have our minds transformed (Romans 12:2) when we have God's Spirit within us and allow Him to speak through His word.

This freedom in Christ also allows us to be freed from both worldly and religious mindsets, as we see in these two quotes, "The lesson is what/ This—there’s a life to get/ More than clubs, more than ice and Cris" and "And now I’m free from the idea that to reach a thug I had to be a thug/ The grace is of God—yes!" The first line here shows how we can be freed from the worldly mindset that it's all about the American dream and getting stuff, but that it's more about things eternal. This second line follows up by showing us that we can just be ourselves when it comes to reaching people with the gospel, as it is all God's grace and nothing that we do of our own. That's the great thing about being free in Christ, it feels good to know that God is in control and that He has greater things for us to focus on than the temporary stuff we get so fixated with.

To bring it all back to my earlier point, I'm reminded of Psalm 34:8 where it tells us to "taste and see that the Lord is good." If we truly do like 2 Corinthians 3:16 says and turn to the Lord, then we will find out just how good He is and how good it feels to be in Him. So many people turn away from Christianity because they never tasted Him to begin with. Like my man Stephen the Levite said, if you truly tasted, then you would see that He is good. But all of that requires repentance and faith, which many people are too proud to do. For those of us who have tasted, it tastes and feels oh so good, doesn't it?! Let me leave you today with this line from Ambassador's song... "It feels good—just to know that your temple is clean/ You don’t need much more just the simpler things"

click here to listen to Ambassador's song "Feels Good" (http://www.trailblazinministries.com/daily-devotions/03-14-2007.php)

devotion courtesy of Trailblazin' Ministries

DJ Wade-O
03-14-2007, 09:23 AM
Extremely dope. If you don't mind...I'm going to email this to a bunch of folks.

LaRosa
03-14-2007, 09:25 AM
feel free :)

lj.

DJ Wade-O
03-14-2007, 10:10 AM
Not having to be a thug to reach a thug always jumped out at me. And I think its very true to a certain extinct. I think most people think though, that to reach a person, you have to have had a similiar expierence as them in order for them to "respect your testimony" or "relate to your testimony."

But you look at all of the ministering that Jesus did and it was never like that. He reached rich people, poor people, widows, people who were lame, Romans, Jews. All types of folks. And it was just because he hit them with the truth.

Back to your devotional though...when you realize things like this...it does feel good. Thank again for this.