PDA

View Full Version : Oprah

eve
03-13-2007, 09:43 AM
If you get the chance, please check out the Oprah show today.

Specifically, there's a heart-warming, tear-jerking story about FOURTEEN families in Charlotte, North Carolina who adopted these teenagers from Liberia, who were orphans because of their civil war. (It's a repeat, so you may have seen it already). These families are clearly Christian, and amazingly committed to filfilling an assignment God had for them. One of the fourteen families adopted six of the Liberian children!

Here's a pic of one of the families: http://images.usatoday.com/news/_photos/2004/11/16/inside-adopt-2.jpg

Anyway, NO, I'm not saying that the rest of the show is worth watching. In fact, one part is about this gay "family." We're dealing with Oprah here, y'all! But this story is wonderful.

Enjoy!

(Oh, and the story of these families adopting the Liberian kids comes right after the story about Holly Robinson and Rodney Peete. Then, you can turn it off!)

BondServant
03-13-2007, 09:46 AM
How is it biblical to watch Oprah?

eve
03-13-2007, 09:47 AM
*waiting for bondservant to stop joking and read my entire post*

:)

The_Expositor
03-13-2007, 09:59 AM
I'll try to catch it. I'm sure it's a good story. It's just very difficult to watch Oprah at all. She always finds a way to throw her New Age stuff into the mix. Too much relativism

BondServant
03-13-2007, 09:59 AM
*waiting for bondservant to stop joking and read my entire post*

:)

I did read it. I think that's great that families are adopting orphans. That's very biblical and just down right nice.

Now, where in scripture does it say that we are to watch Oprah for a full hour on CBS around 4pm Central? It's not in there, therefore, you shouldn't do it.

eve
03-13-2007, 10:05 AM
I'll try to catch it. I'm sure it's a good story. It's just very difficult to watch Oprah at all. She always finds a way to throw her New Age stuff into the mix. Too much relativism

yeah, i completely feel you. tyra banks has that problem as well. solution: if you turn it off when the orphan story ends, you'll be cool. but turn it off after the orphan story ends!

Nazarene
03-13-2007, 10:05 AM
I did read it. I think that's great that families are adopting orphans. That's very biblical and just down right nice.

Now, where in scripture does it say that we are to watch Oprah for a full hour on CBS around 4pm Central? It's not in there, therefore, you shouldn't do it.

Nor does it say to eat breakfast every morning, or to brush your teeth, or drink 8 glasses of water.

smh...

Thanks for the heads up Eve. I saw the show about her school in South Africa... brought tears to my eyes big time...

Anyway, I'm sure folks in here watch stuff worse than Oprah. Don't be a hypocrite.

eve
03-13-2007, 10:07 AM
nazarene, i know it's hard, but try not to let bond lure you in!

i know it's hard, though!

BondServant
03-13-2007, 10:07 AM
Nor does it say to eat breakfast every morning, or to brush your teeth, or drink 8 glasses of water.

smh...

Thanks for the heads up Eve. I saw the show about her school in South Africa... brought tears to my eyes big time...

Anyway, I'm sure folks in here watch stuff worse than Oprah. Don't be a hypocrite.

Don't be such a bol. Eve knows that I'm playing.

BondServant
03-13-2007, 10:08 AM
nazarene, i know it's hard, but try not to let bond lure you in!

i know it's hard, though!

That was way too easy. :)

DJ Links
03-13-2007, 11:26 AM
If you get the chance, please check out the Oprah show today.

Specifically, there's a heart-warming, tear-jerking story about FOURTEEN families in Charlotte, North Carolina who adopted these teenagers from Liberia, who were orphans because of their civil war. (It's a repeat, so you may have seen it already). These families are clearly Christian, and amazingly committed to filfilling an assignment God had for them. One of the fourteen families adopted six of the Liberian children!

Here's a pic of one of the families: http://images.usatoday.com/news/_photos/2004/11/16/inside-adopt-2.jpg

Anyway, NO, I'm not saying that the rest of the show is worth watching. In fact, one part is about this gay "family." We're dealing with Oprah here, y'all! But this story is wonderful.

Enjoy!

(Oh, and the story of these families adopting the Liberian kids comes right after the story about Holly Robinson and Rodney Peete. Then, you can turn it off!)

If you go to http://www.cbn.com/ you should be able to catch todays show on the mother on that was the first to adopt and inspiried the whole community. You will definitely hear her story from an undiluted christian perspective that Oprah is sure to filter.

eve
03-13-2007, 12:23 PM
thanks, links!

CHEMAelMC
03-13-2007, 04:37 PM
How is it biblical to watch Oprah?

"Thou shall not watch Oprah".... it was on the first stones Moses broke!! LOL :D

simplyG
03-13-2007, 08:36 PM
Sometimes I just watch Oprah to remind myself how not to act in public--teachable moment.

Who knows? Maybe my book can go 1 mil copies after Oprah "lauds" it.

Sincere the Problem
03-13-2007, 08:56 PM
Real talk:

Oprah's evil!

outrage
03-13-2007, 09:47 PM
"Thou shall not watch Oprah".... it was on the first stones Moses broke!! LOL :D

amen

simplyG
03-13-2007, 10:35 PM
...Although I dig the "build the school in Africa" thing...
She's still hopelessly ne0pseudoquasisituationally "Christian"