PDA

View Full Version : All your business on the web

eve
03-12-2007, 08:24 AM
hey, fam.

it's very tempting to have weblogs, photo albums, journals and all your business on the web. i'd like to dive in too.

but is it dangerous???

folk know what your kids look like, where you live, what's going on in your life ...

RJ of MMM
03-12-2007, 08:46 AM
Dangerous? Could be. If you are into or will be into world missions, then you might want to be a bit more discerning as to what you put online. Anyone can find anything and all they need is your name and a search engine.

That being said, you should not put anything out into the Internet that you would not want it the public arena otherwise. Whether that is blogging, photos, music, or anything else. The Internet is a "public forum." We'd be best to exercise some discretion in how we speak in the mist of it.

outrage
03-12-2007, 08:48 AM
hey, fam.

it's very tempting to have weblogs, photo albums, journals and all your business on the web. i'd like to dive in too.

but is it dangerous???

folk know what your kids look like, where you live, what's going on in your life ...

there's always a place for wisdom, but you never give out your address, phone number etc for public access?

LaRosa
03-12-2007, 09:10 AM
never give out your address, phone number etc for public access

i do... only cuz i'm a real cool brotha and ppl always need to be sending me stuff... (and i don't feel like paying & having to stop at a P.O. Box to get ministry mail)

lj.

eve
03-12-2007, 09:17 AM
yeah ... i'm not sure that once a person has journals of their life, tidbits about their families, location, and pics ... that giving out phone numbers makes any difference!

again, i want to dive in and will probably have a weblog soon ... and i think it's cool to have a world wide web presence with all your stuff on it (since friends everywhere can see it and you can get your views out and you can't lose internet pics/journals snce they're in cyberspace) ... but i also know that if someone wanted to do you harm it is a lot easier when they know what's going on in your life, what your family looks like, and where you're going for vacation.

i know we are to trust God, but i don't know how much wisdom is in it.

then again, these days if someone wants you that bad, they can get you.

i haven't reached any conclusions about all this yet, as you can see!

J Hoyt
03-12-2007, 10:38 AM
I've never had a problem with giving out personal info. Honestly I just don't feel that anyone is out to get me so it doesn't matter how many people know my address. There are other ways of figuring that stuff out anyway. There were stalkers long before the internet.

DJ zilla
03-12-2007, 10:53 AM
I would recommend having Facebook because you can post albums, blogs, and all and only your REAL friends can see it.

That's what I do.