PDA

View Full Version : Before HCR and before HHZ there was..

C-dero
03-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Godzhouse. Remember that website? This was the web community for Christian hop hop heads way before hiphopzone.

illuminaticx
03-09-2007, 01:43 PM
There was a lot.. Godshiphop.com... Xtruth.com... Even sphere...

J =]

Quiet storm
03-09-2007, 01:43 PM
I remember it wasnt there a Godzhouse compliation album or something?

jnorman888
03-09-2007, 01:44 PM
I don't know. I can't remember that far back. It sounds like I knew of it. It's starting to come to me now. Hmmmm,

I'm going to have to see the website again just to make sure. Yeah I think I do recall it now. I think I was on that joint back in 1997

eve
03-09-2007, 01:47 PM
don't forget about What's the Word!

illuminaticx
03-09-2007, 01:49 PM
HolyHipHop.com too... lots of old heads. :D

J =]

C-dero
03-09-2007, 01:51 PM

yep,

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d10/Cdero/godz.jpg

Quiet storm
03-09-2007, 01:52 PM
yep,

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d10/Cdero/godz.jpg

word yeah I got that jawn somewhere it had some good bangers on there.

C-dero
03-09-2007, 01:53 PM
track listing for Godzhouse compilation and guess who was on it...

MyHHHdb
(what is this?) / 1 user has this
Media: [Audio CD]
Released: 1998
Info: The album includes two videos from Delaray, God is in control and the track Spanish Harlem with Pigeon John, Flynn, CookBook and UNO Mas.

1. Sons of Intellect - Worldwide
2. Flynn - Directions
3. DELaRAY - God is in Control
4. Network Assembly - 1019
5. Mo' Dan' Conquerors - He is Worthy
6. Elle Roc featuring Mark J. - Virtuous
7. Bi-Faith - I've Got It
8. Walking Dead - Reality
9. DNA - Crusades 2000
10. Khul Rhema - The Message
11. Urban Disciple featuring Cruz Cordero - Roots
12. Priesthoods featuring Remnant Militia & Tunnel Rats - Mic Knights

jnorman888
03-09-2007, 01:56 PM
Oh ok......I remember that now. Yeah I had that joint too!

Quiet storm
03-09-2007, 02:01 PM

Ahhhh the old KJ52 back when he was "wu tangish" sounding cats dont know about this.

C-dero
03-09-2007, 02:04 PM

My favorite jawn!

Quiet storm
03-09-2007, 02:05 PM
My favorite jawn!

wasnt that dude from philly? Whatever happend to him?

StreetSermonz
03-09-2007, 02:07 PM
Look what I found:

http://web.archive.org/web/19991128232648/http://www.godzhouse.com/NewPIX/GHY2_.jpg

(even tho this was before my time, I started to post on HHZ, anybody still waiting for the relaunch of HHZ in 2006?)

C-dero
03-09-2007, 02:10 PM
Here is the joint that first got my serious attention to Christianity

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d10/Cdero/dboy.jpg

Released: 1990
Recordlabel: Frontline Records

1. That UB Urself
2. UB Urself (Reprise)
3. Drop the Mic
4. The Boy Don't Play
5. Slackness
6. Cease for Peace
7. Flow Time
8. Shout
9. God's House
10. Last Days
11. Hip-Hopcracy
12. Come Back Home

Quiet storm
03-09-2007, 02:11 PM

Ahhhhhhhh cats dont know nothing about that they aint ready.

StreetSermonz
03-09-2007, 02:14 PM

any place we can hear it online?

I wanna hear some oldschool HHH... :(

jnorman888
03-09-2007, 02:16 PM
I only heard about D-Boy!!!

I don't think I ever heard any of his stuff. I do wanna hear some D-Boy and that Peace dude.....uhm what's his name?

T-Bone was the one who got me into HHH. This was way back in the 1994/1995 school year. I was a juniur in highschool back then.

And through him I got into SFC, Dj Dove, The Gospel Gangsta's, Grits, and a host of others.

That was back when the West Coast ruled Gospel Hiphop.

C-dero
03-09-2007, 02:19 PM
I only heard about D-Boy!!!

I don't think I ever heard any of his stuff. I do wanna hear some D-Boy and that Peace dude.....uhm what's his name?

T-Bone was the one who got me into HHH. This was way back in the 1994/1995 school year. I was a juniur in highschool back then.

And through him I got into SFC, Dj Dove, The Gospel Gangsta's, Grits, and a host of others.

That was back when the West Coast ruled Gospel Hiphop.

The second joint I heard was SFC ( Phase three) and then Freedom of soul and I heard Brainwashed Project before they dropped an album. This was all early 90-93.

Quiet storm
03-09-2007, 02:21 PM
Peace 586 John

Azriel
03-09-2007, 02:21 PM
God's house!!

Man I was on there ALL THE TIME!!!! 97-2000...

I was illson21...battled mad dudes on there...even took on a whole squad from OH (Mad Hues Squad) one time.

Battled muslims on there (Jihad) and Dre-Allah....man...good times...and the shout board had everyone from the "813 Familia" on there...lol

Man I miss that spot yo!!!!!

Quiet storm
03-09-2007, 02:25 PM
If any one wants to hear some old HHH I will send you some SFC tracks (the album came out in 89 so I know its out of print) just pm me your email. Keep in mind that its old so the music is dated.

jnorman888
03-09-2007, 02:33 PM
You better give me some!!!

What about D-Boy, and michael peace?

Quiet storm
03-09-2007, 02:35 PM
You better give me some!!!

What about D-Boy, and michael peace?

I think I lost my D-Boy cds as well as my Micheal Peace.......they might be somewhere over at my parents house but the SFC is the only old school I got on me right now.

jnorman888
03-09-2007, 02:36 PM
I think I lost my D-Boy cds as well as my Micheal Peace.......they might be somewhere over at my parents house but the SFC is the only old school I got on me right now.

Wait,

Are you saying D-Boy had more than one album? The cats from Richmand, New York that be on here don't wanna share their Michael peace with anyone!!!

eve
03-09-2007, 02:59 PM
track listing for Godzhouse compilation and guess who was on it...

MyHHHdb
(what is this?) / 1 user has this
Released: 1998
Info: The album includes two videos from Delaray, God is in control and the track Spanish Harlem with Pigeon John, Flynn, CookBook and UNO Mas.

2. Flynn - Directions
4. Network Assembly - 1019
5. Mo' Dan' Conquerors - He is Worthy
6. Elle Roc featuring Mark J. - Virtuous
7. Bi-Faith - I've Got It
8. Walking Dead - Reality
9. DNA - Crusades 2000
10. Khul Rhema - The Message
11. Urban Disciple featuring Cruz Cordero - Roots
12. Priesthoods featuring Remnant Militia & Tunnel Rats - Mic Knights

whatever happened to the rest of the folks on that tracklisting? i only know of a few there who still rhyme.

i wonder where they are and what they're doing.

Quiet storm
03-09-2007, 03:02 PM
check your email John and yes he had more than one album.

dogfight!
03-09-2007, 03:34 PM
khul rhema? that cant be right. I had that CD but i dont remember Khul Rhema. Yeah "Gods in Control" and "Worldwide" was jamming.

Want old school underground HHH? How about sanctifunkdified?

Quiet storm
03-09-2007, 03:37 PM
For those who I sent them old school joints out to let me know how u like them? I picked a few of my favorite songs from the cd.

Psalmist
03-09-2007, 08:37 PM
Godzhouse. Remember that website? This was the web community for Christian hop hop heads way before hiphopzone.

before godzhouse, there was godshiphop.com....thats where I would fellowship almost 14 years ago!

HCR Zealot
03-09-2007, 09:28 PM
Ahhhh the old KJ52 back when he was "wu tangish" sounding cats dont know about this.

What?! Son, I knew about this when you were in diapers! I have his B-boys and B-sides! What you know about that?! LOL

Michael
03-09-2007, 09:56 PM
I remember that network assemly track... it was fresh!

C-dero
03-09-2007, 11:14 PM
Ahh, but who knows about the first Christian hip hop mag? I got a few copies but let me see who up here knows there stuff. Please peeps, no googling!

Tony Stone
03-09-2007, 11:57 PM
ah snap, yea i used to go there. lots of cyphas :) i also remember the godzhouse comp too. it was one of the godzhouse comps that i first heard cm.. i think the godzhouse party mix or something. that was around the time of the first album

Quiet storm
03-10-2007, 12:36 AM
What?! Son, I knew about this when you were in diapers! I have his B-boys and B-sides! What you know about that?! LOL

You talking aboaut when he was King J Mack or something like that? Ahhh probably aint think I knew about that huh?

C-dero
03-10-2007, 12:38 AM
Ok, so whats the name?

maaj
03-10-2007, 05:11 AM
Ok, so whats the name?

Yo, cuz I go back that far and even I don't remember but, I'll ask Mike Peace and maybe he'll tell me.

JustparaDOX
03-10-2007, 03:36 PM

Yeah before he become the pop sensation getting on bet and mtv for beefing with or um yeah praying for eminem.... lol...

JustparaDOX
03-10-2007, 03:37 PM

Released: 1990
Recordlabel: Frontline Records

1. That UB Urself
2. UB Urself (Reprise)
3. Drop the Mic
4. The Boy Don't Play
5. Slackness
6. Cease for Peace
7. Flow Time
8. Shout
9. God's House
10. Last Days
11. Hip-Hopcracy
12. Come Back Home

GrooveSound Records put out "the fallen soldier compilation" last year as a tribute to D Boy...

Sketch the Journalist
03-11-2007, 02:55 PM
Cruz,

The first HHH mag I remember was Heaven's Hip Hop put out by Grapetree Records.

That's where I first read s/ave before I knew he lived in my city.

Then he started the ONEMIND newsletter which later turned into a mag, which turned into om95.com which turned into dasouth.com.

Was there something before that?

Sketch the Journalist

C-dero
03-11-2007, 07:44 PM
You are right! Heaven's Hip Hop was the first mag but it was not put out by Grape tree but by the founder of Grape tree, Rub-a-dub. I still got some copies.

jnorman888
03-12-2007, 01:31 PM
Does anyone have anything by Michael peace?

Quiet storm
03-12-2007, 01:44 PM
Does anyone have anything by Michael peace?

Somewhere I would have to go find it....dremarshal might have something that was his mentor I believe.

k-Drama
03-12-2007, 03:14 PM
Yup! That was around when I 1st got saved.

deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

mr808
03-14-2007, 05:29 PM

haha. that was a fun spot but unmoderated and there were some JOKERS up on there :D

mr808
03-14-2007, 05:34 PM
To the right of my monitor is a collection of anything and everything you could imagine. Well over 1000 Christian hip-hop CDs. Ive even got some goodies that never got released and a few artists dont even have copies. Its drool worthy for all HHH old-timers :D

Quiet storm
03-14-2007, 05:50 PM
To the right of my monitor is a collection of anything and everything you could imagine. Well over 1000 Christian hip-hop CDs. Ive even got some goodies that never got released and a few artists dont even have copies. Its drool worthy for all HHH old-timers :D

Umm what u got? :)

dremarshall
03-15-2007, 12:48 AM
Wait,

Are you saying D-Boy had more than one album? The cats from Richmand, New York that be on here don't wanna share their Michael peace with anyone!!!

Yo it's ROCHESTER! Mic is my mentor, but I can't find any of his music since I've moved. Go on Itunes, you can still cop one of his albums. I actually need to re-up on all my Michael Peace:(

mr808
03-21-2007, 11:39 AM
Umm what u got? :)

too many to list.

Brailles first tape when he was 13-14
KJ-52 stuff from when he was King J Mack
Original LA Symphony material
First Brainwash Projects album
Unreleased Gospel Gangstas material
4 discs full of 'lost' Tunnel Rats stuff from after Experience and before Tunnel Vision
...and so on

Cowboy
06-22-2007, 09:08 PM
Oh man, I remember Godzhouse. I used to battle Luke Geraty and others in there. Hahaha. Wow. That compilation was great. Some good buildin' on there, but Plas was right, definitely not enough mods. Haha.

This was still going for part of the time that HHZ was in it's prime. And the List Serv from Sackcloth was going on during this. Then Sphere was birthed.

P.I.D. anyone?? That was good stuff. DBoy is a legend, yet unheard of by too many. I saw Stephen Wiley in concert in 1986. I wish I still had my Michael Peace tapes.

Moody
06-22-2007, 10:20 PM
Oh man, I remember Godzhouse. I used to battle Luke Geraty and others in there. Hahaha. Wow. That compilation was great. Some good buildin' on there, but Plas was right, definitely not enough mods. Haha.

This was still going for part of the time that HHZ was in it's prime. And the List Serv from Sackcloth was going on during this. Then Sphere was birthed.

P.I.D. anyone?? That was good stuff. DBoy is a legend, yet unheard of by too many. I saw Stephen Wiley in concert in 1986. I wish I still had my Michael Peace tapes.

LOL. I still got the first PID (Preachers in Disguise). In fact, the song "Get you a bible" is how I memorized the books of the Bible! (Got that tape back in 89 I think... wow).

Remember Freedom of Soul's first album? I was like "whoah, who is this!?". And I about fainted when I heard "A Saved Man" by S.F.C. There are some DOPE, DOPE songs on that album.

Shoot, I remember riding the bus to a HS basketball game (back in 92) listening to "Preachas" (formerly PID).

Those were the days...

(And I remember D.Boy Rodriguez... man... )

J-Woods(BangTheory)
06-23-2007, 10:39 AM
Ahhhhhhhh cats dont know nothing about that they aint ready.

sho nuff aint!!! hahaha, They don't know about that SFC either qs!

J-woods

J-Woods(BangTheory)
06-23-2007, 10:43 AM
Yo it's ROCHESTER! Mic is my mentor, but I can't find any of his music since I've moved. Go on Itunes, you can still cop one of his albums. I actually need to re-up on all my Michael Peace:(

Yo michael peace can't even get mike peace albums hahahaha, yo dre i have one i used to have them all. Mike peace is my mentor, and youth pastor and the covering for my ministry as an emcee. He's doin a live concert up here in august you all should come it will be a nice concert. Yo dre, you can't call ya boy no more?? gEt at me!

J-Woods

Sketch the Journalist
06-24-2007, 06:39 PM
I had the pleasure of giving Fred Lynch (aka Doug Tray) the Pioneer Award at last night's Texas Holy Hip Hop Achievement Awards.

He also participated in my History of Holy Hip workshop with Ras (aka Lil Raskull) and Ed Grice (aka DJ EST from Apocalypse.)

If someone can hip me to how to post photos on this message board I'll share some shots.

Fred and his fam were wonderful. It was so cool to have him down here for this event and seemed genuinely moved by the honor.

Kerry1914
06-24-2007, 06:55 PM
Man, I wanna know what happened to the Dynamic Twins.

'Above the Ground' was good, but 40 Days in the Wilderness was the joint back in the day.

Lady Car
06-24-2007, 07:23 PM
How I remember......GODZHOUSE!! Man, those were the days!! So many wonderful brothers and sisters in the faith...Miss Moses; DJ Saint E; GetWizdom (Ron Tinsely)...and so many others!! The richness of the fellowship and the beauty of the early days of HHH message board community!! Awesome!! :)

C-dero
06-25-2007, 01:01 AM
How I remember......GODZHOUSE!! Man, those were the days!! So many wonderful brothers and sisters in the faith...Miss Moses; DJ Saint E; GetWizdom (Ron Tinsely)...and so many others!! The richness of the fellowship and the beauty of the early days of HHH message board community!! Awesome!! :)

Yes! Godzhouse was a better community. People disagreed with out judging motives, etc, etc...

Hey LadyCar, here is a blast from the past!

Your shouts are in pink. The below shows shouts from DJ Saint E, KJ52, Getwizdom, and others that you may know...

This is from the shout out page of Godzhouse.com

Word...Nuf Respect to Sonz of Intellect, RemMilitia, Roldan&Opposit Cya at the P.K. Confernece, should be a blessed event..., 1Way and DNA, PHAT concert last Friday Nite, yall ripped it!!! PAZ
Logic (Net Assembly) (MrLogic@hotmail.com)
Miramar, Fl USA - Wednesday, February 18, 1998 at 10:57:39 (EST)

Praise God for his wonderful blessings!! He is truly an awesome God. I thank the Lord for being such an awesome messenger...without him my prayers wouldn't get through...THANK YOU LORD!! I wanna shout out to all the peepz out there that mean the world to me...1ST UP, 'the fellaz': DJ SAINT E (where you at, boo? I'll try giving you a ring), STYLEZ, SERUM, WIZDOM (keep pumping out that gear!!), LOGIC, BASS LIVE (that show is the BOMB!), VANDAL, & FIRST KNIGHT. To 'my girlz': CASSIA-NIKKI( It's A GIRL!!...hopefully), NICOLE SAVOY(stay blessed and I'll call you later this week), LADY CAR, DANI & NI-NI. if I missed anyone...charge it to my mind, not my heart. STAY COOL SUGAZ!! PEACE!
Sweet MC (sweetmc@hotmail.com)
Columbus, OH WORLDWIDE - Wednesday, February 18, 1998 at 10:20:10 (EST)

Attention all Christian R&B/Hip-Hop, Reggae groups, we (CMN Records) are currently working on Party Mix2 album. We are looking for some new groups/artists... Deadline to submit your song is March 21, 1998. God Bless!
Mathew Abraham (sales@cmnmusic.com)
USA - Wednesday, February 18, 1998 at 09:27:03 (EST)

What's Up DJ Saint E...Thanks for the hook up! Everybody in Alabama, go check out Amplified Christian Store...Peace!
Mathew (slaes@cmnmusic.com)
USA - Wednesday, February 18, 1998 at 09:12:05 (EST)

YO.. MY SHOUTZ & CYPHERZ is up... LEAVE YOUR MARK AND YOUR FLOW!!! Also, the battle tourney starts tomarrow... if you want in.. let me know... THIS IS FOR EMCEE'S TO BATTLE.. so lots of you won't. GO TO Secta 7 Cometh to check out the site.... and VOTE FOR ME!! Peace..
SECTA7.COM (stylez@illcrew.com)
USA - Wednesday, February 18, 1998 at 08:56:02 (EST)

HAPPY B-DAY BROTHER GETWIZDOM. CALL ME BEFORE YOU COME DOWN TO MOBILE,AL. MY NUMBER IS 334-457-7405. PEACE. YO MATT, IT WAS COOL CONVERSIN' WITH YOU.
dj saint e. (demonkillers@msn.com)
mobile, al USA - Wednesday, February 18, 1998 at 01:14:20 (EST)

Wassupp !!!!!!!! I have been away too long and I want to say A MASSIVE BIGUM UP TO JAH CREATOR ELOHIM YESHUA...shalom to all who hold golden mics for Christ....peace to network and all other heads on the east coast of Fl. wassup to REMNANT, serum where have you been? call me at the office....also in regards to the Graptree thing...from someone who has personally known many artists who have been on that label and also as someone who has stayed the night at Knolly Williams house I can honestly say that their is truth to both sides of the story. My personal feelings are aside...all I can say is lift our brothers up in hip hop throught prayer. And for all the aspiring gospel hip hop mc's, as one who has dealt with labels and has put out his own album independantly.....GO THE INDEPENDANT ROUTE!!! You have more control and you can make more money (not that it is all about $$$$$, but you need to be wise). Just a little wisdom from someone who has been down the road...GOD BLESS> KJ 52 OH YEAH PEEP OUT www.godzhouse.com\sons
kj 52 (SONS OF INTELLECT) (sons@godzhouse)
Ft myers , fl USA - Tuesday, February 17, 1998 at 20:18:16 (EST)

QUESTION 4 EVERYONE! What should the church do when young unmarried girls become pregnant? Should they marry immediately? Should they give their baby up for adoption? Why do they get pregnant at such a young age? What do you think? Brothas, I am extending a special invitiation to you to respond to these issues. Women dont become pregnant by themselves so please offer some wizdom on the subject. Leave your comments on The Urban Jungle's Urban Scholars Bulletin Board. Peace!
Ron T. aka Getwizdom
USA - Tuesday, February 17, 1998 at 18:18:48 (EST)

Wuz up? I wanna give All the Glory and Honor to my lord and savior Jesus. God I just wanna thank you for everything you've done in my life.Therefore my beautiful lord I Praise you and Glorifie you and wait upon you remmember us my lord :return for us soon till then I'am out........Oh and to my Man Of God I thank the lord for you and may you keep serving our lord. I'am out...............*
poetic beauty
Bomb Bch, FL 1 unda god - Tuesday, February 17, 1998 at 17:13:48 (EST)

Wuz up? I wanna give All the Glory and Honor to my lord and savior Jesus. God I just wanna thank you for everything you've done in my life.Therefore my beautiful lord I Praise you and Glorifie you and wait upon you remmember us my lord :return for us soon till then I'am out........Oh and to my Man Of God I thank the lord for you and may you keep serving our lord. I'am out...............*
poetic beauty
Bomb Bch, FL 1 unda god - Tuesday, February 17, 1998 at 17:13:08 (EST)

Whatup everybody!...One Luv to all tha Holy Hip Hop crewz!..to my peeps DJ Saint E (I'm gonna e-mail you soon)..Lucas Langdon(we miss you brotha!)..my girl Nicole; Unidentified Intelligence; Stylez and the Secta 7 crew..(Oh man, what God is doin'...I luvvv it!!...put me on tha list fo the complilation)...A BIGGGG SHOUTOUT and much AGAPE to my brotha in Christ..tha "Urban Theologian"...RonT.("yeah, let's give it up fo him!!!!")...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!..what a blessing you are...keep fightin' tha good fight of faith, Oh man of God..tha best is yet to come! PEACE,
Lady Car (CEarl37642@aol.com)
Laurel, MD USA - Tuesday, February 17, 1998 at 13:06:24 (EST)

There is more I can put up

Aquila
06-25-2007, 01:45 AM
Some old stuff, I remember the SOI KJ. I started in 2001 so I can't go back too far.

simply seth
06-25-2007, 01:15 PM

Yeah .. I believe I have it in my collection

Quiet storm
06-25-2007, 01:25 PM
Man, I wanna know what happened to the Dynamic Twins.

They still around they released an album not to long ago but from the clips they still sounded like they did 10-15 years ago so I didnt cop.

'Above the Ground' was good, but 40 Days in the Wilderness was the joint back in the day.

They had I believe 2 albums even before 40 days that I use to bump back in the day I probably lost them.

Cowboy
06-25-2007, 03:44 PM
They still around they released an album not to long ago but from the clips they still sounded like they did 10-15 years ago so I didnt cop.

They had I believe 2 albums even before 40 days that I use to bump back in the day I probably lost them.

I think they've had two albums recently. Check out Sphere to see if they have them, if not, you can find them somewhere online.

Word II Tha Wize I believe was their first album. Great stuff. They don't sound the same on their new stuff, so maybe you just heard bad clips. I don't know. They're still good, just different beats and what not.

Quiet storm
06-26-2007, 12:56 AM
I think they've had two albums recently. Check out Sphere to see if they have them, if not, you can find them somewhere online.

Word II Tha Wize I believe was their first album. Great stuff. They don't sound the same on their new stuff, so maybe you just heard bad clips. I don't know. They're still good, just different beats and what not.

Yeah they have had 2 albums after "Above the Ground". I actually heard whole songs and I guess I was looking for a fresh new sound from them but I might still cop one of their new albums just to support a solid group I grew up on.

CCordero
04-29-2009, 07:45 PM
http://web.archive.org/web/19961222133100/http://www.godzhouse.com/

Cowboy
04-29-2009, 08:24 PM
http://web.archive.org/web/19961222133100/http://www.godzhouse.com/

Wow, that's an old version of the site! Shortly after that it expanded quite a bit, but that's certainly a throwback. Thanks Cruz.