PDA

View Full Version : mac or win?

Devin
03-02-2007, 05:05 PM
what do yall think?i really like the Mac's.but at the same time with the new Win Vista i dunno....im looking for a new laptop for business.i also need it for music production and other tasks.what do yall think?

Enlighten
03-02-2007, 05:28 PM
Go with a Mac it's better than windows

illuminaticx
03-02-2007, 05:56 PM
I hear a lot of people say that Mac is better than PC and they own a PC...lol. I would strongly recommend that you get a PC for your business and a Mac for your music production (if it's major production). If you're doing home recordings go with a PC. Their making PC's compatible with ALL music software. Their making PC's faster and installing more memory just for media productions. Mac has it's flaws too. It's not as perfect as it seems. It got on my nerves more than PC. I would go with a PC. However, make sure you talk to the manafacture to see if your music programs will be compatiable with Vista.. It's too new.

J =]

KPfaREAL
03-02-2007, 09:36 PM
I hate Apple. Go with Windows (I'm giving you my opinion, allow or deny?)

alexmedina
03-02-2007, 10:57 PM
Go with Mac and put windows on it. Best of both worlds.

Devin
03-03-2007, 12:50 AM

lol.man i wish i could do that.it would be alot easier.

skillz
03-03-2007, 12:57 AM
lol.man i wish i could do that.it would be alot easier.

I've seen a windows laptop running tiger osx but it was haxxored.

or just get an intel mac which is supposedly good since it now comes with duo processors and you can run a lot of windows software in most macs nowadays anyways

Theology
03-03-2007, 02:04 AM

Get a Mac and get THE BEST OF ALL POSSIBLE WORLDS... :cool:

illuminaticx
03-03-2007, 10:06 AM
So, who here has a mac?

J =]

Theology
03-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Mac owner

illuminaticx
03-03-2007, 04:13 PM
Mac owner

How much memory do you have on it?

J =]

jeremy lopez
03-03-2007, 05:11 PM
windows. ;)

Theology
03-04-2007, 01:51 AM
How much memory do you have on it?

J =]

80 Gig harddrive
1 Gig Ram

Wifey copd the new one...
100 Gig harddrive
2 Gig Ram

alexmedina
03-04-2007, 06:22 PM
It is now possible for you to install Windows on Mac Intel Core machines. Im running Windows on my mac G5.

Alex

illuminaticx
03-04-2007, 06:49 PM
You can also get that same gig memory and ram on a PC.

J =]

The Saint
03-04-2007, 08:13 PM
Go pc unless you are doing video or like illuminaticx said high end music production, PC runs just as good as mac for less money...I run mac at work and PC at home and both are equally good IF they are running the same memory and such...PC saves you money...mac does not get viruses...

alexmedina
03-05-2007, 12:31 AM
It is like living in a mansion in the hood and living in the mansion in the burbs lol...both great but with macs you dont deal with drivers, viruses, firmware is strong. Mac doesnt crash as much as PC.

illuminaticx
03-05-2007, 09:56 AM
It is like living in a mansion in the hood and living in the mansion in the burbs lol...both great but with macs you dont deal with drivers, viruses, firmware is strong. Mac doesnt crash as much as PC.

PC is no longer adding drives like the A: drive etc.. Now that's just if you want it. :D PC's are sticking with USB's. Their putting lot's of USB drives on new PC's. If you have virus protection your good. Same thing with spyware. If you have it your straight. You can get it free at AOL. The commercial adds have brainwashed people into thinking that Mac's are perfect...lol.

J =]

saintjoetheservant
03-05-2007, 10:02 AM
the reason macs have the rep of being more stable is because all the parts are built to work together, anyone can build a pc, go out, buy parts, build it. you can't do that with a mac, first off, you can't just go out and buy mac parts.

as far as power and such, they are really the same until you get into the mac pro, there is no pc with that much power and expansion unless you buying a server lol

i use pc's and they work just fine, i want a mac just because i've always wanted one, i'd prolly get a mac mini though

get you a windows laptop and you fine, like others said, verify the software you will be using works with vista, or either get your laptop with xp on it

then, when you get you business game up.....you can buy you a mac lol :D

or, depending on what you want to spend, get a decent windows laptop for business, then, grab a lil mac mini exclusively for music production, i know cats running studios off those bad boys

Devin
03-05-2007, 01:25 PM
yeah.i lean more towards the mac.windows is cool.i use a windows now.but i would prefer a mac to do both business and music stuff.plus i can get it at a good price at American Musical

this is dope!
http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-APP-MA611LLA.html

i'll probably get this one though:

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-APP-MA700LLA.html