PDA

View Full Version : For me

Jason718
02-24-2007, 07:28 PM
please pray for me, fam.

I don't think my heart is in the right place.

There are hints of a works righteousness in my witnessing (what are my motives?).

I continually struggle with lust issues. I feel like I can't win. I stumble at the gym. I stumble in normal everyday life. I stumble when I'm bombarded with sexually charged images on the internet. I stumble when I voluntarily allow myself to be exposed to sexually charged images. I've had major victory in this area, but i feel like there's still so much failure.

I find myself falling into prideful thoughts...thinking more highly of myself than I should.

I've found myself not telling the full truth about things...granted, i've taken the time to clarify things...but these things are STILL COMING OUT OF ME.

I find myself seeking the approval of man before God at times.

I'm not pleased. I know God is grieved that much more. When you get some time lift me up in prayer.

Double Edges
02-24-2007, 11:07 PM
Just lifted you up in prayer Bro.

Eklektos
02-25-2007, 01:59 PM
Will do brother...I will try to call you tonight if I get a chance...

Rina_cz
02-26-2007, 01:49 AM
Got you bro. I know all too well about the pride and fearing man before fearing God. Send one up for me too.

savedbygracealone
02-28-2007, 01:42 PM
prayin!

CHEMAelMC
02-28-2007, 04:30 PM
please pray for me, fam.

There are hints of a works righteousness in my witnessing (what are my motives?).

I continually struggle with lust issues. I feel like I can't win. I stumble at the gym. I stumble in normal everyday life. I stumble when I'm bombarded with sexually charged images on the internet. I stumble when I voluntarily allow myself to be exposed to sexually charged images. I've had major victory in this area, but i feel like there's still so much failure.

I find myself falling into prideful thoughts...thinking more highly of myself than I should.

I've found myself not telling the full truth about things...granted, i've taken the time to clarify things...but these things are STILL COMING OUT OF ME.

I'm not pleased. I know God is grieved that much more. When you get some time lift me up in prayer.

I feel you, bro... you're not the only one dealin' with this issues... so I know what you feel...
I'll be prayin' for you bro.. be strong in the Lord!!

God bless you

--Chema

nubia7
02-28-2007, 04:42 PM
thanks for being transparent. i feel you, fam. i'm praying..................

CLER
02-28-2007, 07:43 PM
just prayed for you. you're not alone.

eve
03-01-2007, 07:11 PM
you're on my list, bro. i'll be praying for you starting today.

i know how you feel. my flesh has been getting on my reserve nerve as well.

:mad:

oh, and meditate on these scripts for encouragement in what true justification before the Lord is.

The part about the Pharisee and the Tax Collector (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=49&chapter=18&version=47&context=chapter)

Not by works! (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=52&chapter=3&verse=19&end_verse=21&version=47&context=context)

This is soothing (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=52&chapter=5&verse=1&version=47&context=verse)

It all started with God before we had a chance to do good or evil (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=52&chapter=8&verse=29&end_verse=31&version=47&context=context).

Shock~Therapy
03-04-2007, 03:48 PM
please pray for me, fam.

You are prayed for J.

eternal
03-05-2007, 11:51 PM
The Kingdom of God is at hand bro. Victory is yours, it is imminent. Christ is able, and He is able in you. Believe. I realize I am telling you nothing new, but you can and will have victory. It is not hard. We just must be focused and not give up. Never surrender or compromise. You are in my prayers, thank you for your vulnerability fam.

peace.

BondServant
03-06-2007, 11:38 AM
I hate the flesh. Yo, that's murder that joint together son.