PDA

View Full Version : Somebody get your boy.....

Nahledge
02-20-2007, 09:15 AM
He's pushin it.

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2007/2/feb07gal02.jpg

The Saint
02-20-2007, 09:35 AM
Looking like a pure fool!

Rikki
02-20-2007, 09:45 AM
Ok...he has graduated from a 'tee' to a DRESS. Utterly ridiculous.

clayfilms
02-20-2007, 10:00 AM
on the real...fellas help me out...

when did nightgowns become fashionable?

TrueConvert
02-20-2007, 10:04 AM
That is drenched in whack juice....................I can't believe he's rocking it like it's that hotness lol

Nahledge
02-20-2007, 10:06 AM
on the real...fellas help me out...

when did nightgowns become fashionable?

The devil is soo slick. The hood is getting so gangsta that it's becoming feminine. From dudes wearing pink, with 2 earrings, to man capris, to long tees/summer dresses. That gay agenda aint no joke.

TrueConvert
02-20-2007, 10:08 AM
The devil is soo slick. The hood is getting so gangsta that it's becoming feminine. From dudes wearing pink, with 2 earrings, to man capris, to long tees/summer dresses. That gay agenda aint no joke.

It's dudes out there for real wearing their shirts that long? Stop playing. I seen 2-3X joints, but I ain't been privy to the 8XT joints in VA yet. Someone please tell me this is a one off...........

Devin
02-20-2007, 10:23 AM
they did it alot in MD.i couldnt stand that mess.brothers shirts be touching the ground.

Quiet storm
02-20-2007, 10:24 AM
Personally I prefer wearing long T's but anything below my knees is a little extreme it would be hard to walk.

Quiet storm
02-20-2007, 10:24 AM
they did it alot in MD.i couldnt stand that mess.brothers shirts be touching the ground.

Oh was that when you lived in Baltimore? :rolleyes:

Devin
02-20-2007, 10:26 AM
Personally I prefer wearing long T's but anything below my knees is a little extreme it would be hard to walk.

u sound like a woman trynna figure out what type of skirt to wear.

ladie talk: i usually wear my skirts above my knee to attract men

mo ladie talk:i usually wear my skirts below my knee to be modest.

Quiet storm
02-20-2007, 10:27 AM
u sound like a woman trynna figure out what type of skirt to wear.

ladie talk: i usually wear my skirts above my new to attract men

mo ladie talk:i usually wear my skirts below my knee to be modest.

You sound like somebody who did not graduate. :rolleyes: "above my new"? :confused:

eve
02-20-2007, 10:27 AM
u are funny, nahledge! "sun dresses!"

anyway, y'all, check the strange resemblence.

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2007/2/feb07gal02.jpg http://www.clag.com.au/topics/images/clown.jpg

i'm trying to imagine what the countless slaves from 1619 until 1865 ... and the countless legally-discriminated-against people from 1865 until 1965 would have done if they realized that they survived and endured and were humiliated and died and fought and were lynched and hoped for the future ... for us to turn out like that pic.

Devin
02-20-2007, 10:31 AM
You sound like somebody who knows me and my fantasys of dressing like a woman :(

oh i feel bad man.i hope u get over that stuff.that aint kool.think about your wife.think about your friends.cross dressing is never cool.:(

Devin
02-20-2007, 10:34 AM
you know all yall talking bad.but im willing to bet yall a million bux that theres some Christian non original hhh cat trynna dress JUST like that thinking he gonna spread the Gospel.after all....aint that what HHH about?imitating the world to win the world?:p

Quiet storm
02-20-2007, 10:36 AM
Out of curiousity what would you cats say is to LONG for a T? I'm 6'0 and prefer to wear at least a 4x and let it hang. However I know my mom hates that when she sees me she feels that I need to tuck in all my shirts in my pants. :rolleyes:

Rikki
02-20-2007, 10:40 AM
The tee can cover your rear end.....anything other than that is too long.

Quiet storm
02-20-2007, 10:41 AM
The tee can cover your rear end.....anything other than that is too long.

lol interesting perspective my mom would agree. :)

savedbygracealone
02-20-2007, 10:46 AM
i personally dont like really really long shirts on guys either, its ugly. lol. but thats just my perspective... i dont like too short of shirts on guys either lol...

Quiet storm
02-20-2007, 10:47 AM
dont like too short of shirts on guys either lol...

So "belly shirts" would be a no for a guy?

Rikki
02-20-2007, 10:48 AM
lol interesting perspective my mom would agree. :)

LOL What can I say? I AM a Momma!

TrueConvert
02-20-2007, 10:49 AM
Out of curiousity what would you cats say is to LONG for a T? I'm 6'0 and prefer to wear at least a 4x and let it hang. However I know my mom hates that when she sees me she feels that I need to tuck in all my shirts in my pants. :rolleyes:

4X?? That's a bit long, in my own opinion. I'm 6'1", 225 and I wear a 1XTall. I feel like anything beyond 2 X's on someone not overweight is a bit much. But 8-10 X? Utterly ridiculous.

Shock~Therapy
02-20-2007, 10:50 AM
He's pushin it.

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2007/2/feb07gal02.jpg

Japhia Life? :confused:

Quiet storm
02-20-2007, 10:50 AM
4X?? That's a bit long, in my own opinion. I'm 6'1", 225 and I wear a 1XTall. I feel like anything beyond 2 X's on someone not overweight is a bit much. But 8-10 X? Utterly ridiculous.

Im overweight didnt u see me. :)

P.S. BTW the longest shirt I have is a 6x and thats only cause it was the only size that dude had and I really liked the shirt. I bought it like 7years ago and it has shrunk since.

TrueConvert
02-20-2007, 10:53 AM
Im overweight didnt u see me. :)

P.S. BTW the longest shirt I have is a 6x and thats only cause it was the only size that dude had and I really liked the shirt. I bought it like 7years ago and it has shrunk since.

lol. I'm overweight. I've been lamenting the move to 2X Tall since I gained 75 lbs in a lil over a year..............6X??? That joint musta been buttas. lol.............I bought a 3X cuz I liked it a lot, but button ups are different, don't you think?

savedbygracealone
02-20-2007, 10:55 AM
dag tc, you gained 75 lbs in a little over a year??? :eek: mishas cookin must be ON POINT... errr somethin! ;)

Devin
02-20-2007, 10:56 AM
i personally dont like really really long shirts on guys either, its ugly. lol. but thats just my perspective... i dont like too short of shirts on guys either lol...

what about this:

http://www.gothiphop.com/pics/50cent_gqmagazine.jpg

oops..sorry...does this make u stumble jo?:D

Quiet storm
02-20-2007, 10:57 AM
I'm rockin a 4x in this pic does anybody think my shirt is to long? (btw I am the dude in the white). Chris is rockin an extra medium shirt as you can see. :D

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h211/ministerqs/evescrib-1.jpg

Devin
02-20-2007, 10:58 AM
I'm rockin a 4x in this pic does anybody think my shirt is to long? (btw I am the dude in the white). Chris is rockin an extra medium shirt as you can see. :D

haha.naw your shirt aint too long.

but i gotta clown that boy Chris for wearing that "smedium" shirt:p

savedbygracealone
02-20-2007, 11:01 AM
what about this:

http://www.gothiphop.com/pics/50cent_gqmagazine.jpg

oops..sorry...does this make u stumble jo?:D

lol...uhhh no. that does not make me stumble. he looks kinda... uh, does anyone else think this looks a bit feminine? u know how its "in" for the women to crack that tight shirt open up to the top button... :confused: i dont know what fiddy was thinkin... lol :eek:

HAHAHAHA i actually laughed out loud when i read that! rofl! nah, ur shirt doesnt look too long to me. *still snickering*

Devin
02-20-2007, 11:05 AM
Savedbygracealone:
lol...uhhh no. that does not make me stumble. he looks kinda... uh, does anyone else think this looks a bit feminine? u know how its "in" for the women to crack that tight shirt open up to the top button... :confused: i dont know what fiddy was thinkin... lol eek:

yes.i thought he looked "gay" with that pic.im sorry but i dont know WHAT he was thinking with that one...

Nahledge
02-20-2007, 11:07 AM

That was a cheap shot fam. I didn't post this for anyone to start bashing. Not necessarily saying you are, but if you are, chill don't even take it there.

TrueConvert
02-20-2007, 11:08 AM
dag tc, you gained 75 lbs in a little over a year??? :eek: mishas cookin must be ON POINT... errr somethin! ;)

You know how we do it. lol. Yeah, she cooks very well; and she serves up portions that push me to my limit lol. I actually gained 60+ while she was pregnant with our son; so actually its been more like 2 years. Seems like yesterday when I was a frail 165.

Devin
02-20-2007, 11:08 AM
That was a cheap shot fam. I didn't post this for anyone to start bashing. Not necessarily saying you are, but if you are, chill don't even take it there.

hey i told u them HHH cats would follow suit:p

now THAT was a JOKE.:)

TrueConvert
02-20-2007, 11:16 AM

nah, i don't think that's too long. the just look different on me. if a shirt aint' a tall, it looks too wide on me.

Shock~Therapy
02-20-2007, 11:24 AM

It was a joke. Not a bash. If you were offended by it I apologize. It's just as soon as I saw that picture, honestly, it reminded me of Japhia for some reason.

eve
02-20-2007, 11:27 AM
this is not an attack on you, emerson, but my perspective of the way grown men should dress may be a little different from some people's.

from my time in college until this very day, i simply don't like certain types of clothing on grown men. following are the clothing types i don't like and my opinion of them. again, i hope no one takes this personally. it's just my view. i hate ...

* flashy suits that are bright-colored or shiny. they make dude look like a circus clown or steppin fetchit.

* oversized suits. see previous comment. plus, it looks like somehow dude's parents never taught him to go to the taylor.

* oversized suit jackets. circus clown. stereotypical preacher.

* anyone who dresses (or has furniture like) a person who is obviously nouveaux riche. this includes anything that is flashy or lacks in quality. polyester clothing. rayon clothing. too much jewelry. precious metals in the mouth. BMW living in an apartment. over-priced denim. you get the point.

* jogging suits. on grown men not going to the gym.

* hats so low eyes can't be seen. grown man.

* sports jerseys when not going to a ballgame.

* "shorts" that come down to the ankles.

* jeans where the crotch falls near the knees.

* those ugly multi-print jackets that miraculously have come into style. man! i can make some money by coming out with anything, can't i? hmmm ... maybe i'll introduce a line of pants with a hole where the butt should be. easy access at the public bathroom if you're going to do #2!

so ... what on earth DO you like in men's clothig, eva??? glad you asked. i'll use no words. just pics.

http://www.abercrombie.com/anf/onlinestore/collection/15377_03_l.jpg http://www.abercrombie.com/anf/onlinestore/collection/14978_03_l.jpg http://www.abercrombie.com/anf/onlinestore/collection/14710_01_l.jpg http://www.gap.com/Asset_Archive/GPWeb/Assets/Product/422/422470/big/gp422470-02vliv01.jpg http://www.esuit.com/sean_john/model.jpg

AGAIN, i know people and have good relationships with guys who are grown and fall into a few of these categories. i just don't like the styles i mentioned at the top of this post on grown men (18 and older).

but ultimately, people should be true to their own personal style.

Shock~Therapy
02-20-2007, 11:31 AM
this is not an attack on you, emerson, but my perspective of the way grown men should dress may be a little different from some people's.

from my time in college until this very day, i simply don't like certain types of clothing on grown men. following are the clothing types i don't like and my opinion of them. again, i hope no one takes this personally. it's just my view. i hate ...

* flashy suits that are bright-colored or shiny. they make dude look like a circus clown or steppin fetchit.

* oversized suits. see previous comment. plus, it looks like somehow dude's parents never taught him to go to the taylor.

* anyone who dresses (or has furniture like) a person who is obviously nouveaux riche. this includes anything that is flashy or lacks in quality. polyester clothing. rayon clothing. too much jewelry. precious metals in the mouth. BMW living in an apartment. over-priced denim. you get the point.

* those ugly multi-print jackets that miraculously have come into style. man! i can make some money by coming out with anything, can't i? hmmm ... maybe i'll introduce a line of pants with a hole where the butt should be. easy access at the public bathroom if you're going to do #2!

so ... what on earth DO you like in men's clothig, eva??? glad you asked. i'll use no words. just pics.

http://www.abercrombie.com/anf/onlinestore/collection/15377_03_l.jpg http://www.abercrombie.com/anf/onlinestore/collection/14978_03_l.jpg http://www.abercrombie.com/anf/onlinestore/collection/14710_01_l.jpg http://www.gap.com/Asset_Archive/GPWeb/Assets/Product/422/422470/big/gp422470-02vliv01.jpg http://www.esuit.com/sean_john/model.jpg

AGAIN, i know people and have good relationships with guys who are grown and fall into a few of these categories. i just don't like the styles i mentioned at the top of this post on grown men (18 and older).

So Abercrombie and Gap clothing? I've honestly never shopped at either store.

eve
02-20-2007, 11:33 AM
abercrombie, gap, sean john ... those were just examples. i just like quality clothing that is conservative but stylish.

Rikki
02-20-2007, 11:36 AM
I'm with Eve. Although..being a diehard Steeler fan, a jersey is welcome at ANY TIME. :)

naijagirl
02-20-2007, 11:43 AM
Honestly, the boy in the pic swimming in the long shirt looks like my cousin in GA. :eek: But I so agree with Eve. From time, I've always liked the A&F, Gap, American Eagle look. Conservative, but stylish. I love the ever ubiquitous, versatile polo. You don't have to be rich or play tennis, golf or rugby to sport one. Classic looks rock and never go out of style.

*steps off preppy soapbox*

C'est Mardi Gras. J'ai besoin de gateau du roi. :)

Quiet storm
02-20-2007, 11:44 AM
SMH @ the females.

naijagirl
02-20-2007, 11:47 AM
SMH @ the females.

Hehehe...

I really get sick of seeing all these guys looking like they lost 70 lb in their long T's, walking like ducks on this campus. I wish we were still prior to men being allowed in this school, because around lunchtime all you see are guys from North Texas looking like if I threw a rock at them, they'd fall over because their pants are limiting their movement.

SMH.

Devin
02-20-2007, 11:48 AM
abercrombie, gap, sean john ... those were just examples. i just like quality clothing that is conservative but stylish.

man thats the rich white boy gear.i aint rocking that mess.plus i cant afford it.go on with that "carlton banks" stuff:mad:

Rikki
02-20-2007, 11:49 AM
Please....rocking a classic look doesn't have to be expensive. I just like a grown man to look like a grown man.

naijagirl
02-20-2007, 11:49 AM
man thats the rich white boy gear.i aint rocking that mess.plus i cant afford it.go on with that "carlton banks" stuff:mad:

Read my post. You don't have to be rich to dress like that. Sheesh. My grandpa dressed like that and he was British and black - don't say all that rich, white boy stuff, please. Or else the whole J clan will get on you, lol.

Quiet storm
02-20-2007, 11:50 AM

In all honestly some of those names brands are "expensive" I can go grab me 5 Long T's for 20 dollars at the spot right up the street.

savedbygracealone
02-20-2007, 11:50 AM
lol @ this thread

Devin
02-20-2007, 11:51 AM
Please....rocking a classic look doesn't have to be expensive. I just like a grown man to look like a grown man.

umm...lemme see...

pack of white tees $9.95

ambercombie and fitch t shirt $69

yep.thats too expensive.

Devin
In all honestly some of those names brands are "expensive" I can go grab me 5 Long T's for 20 dollars at the spot right up the street.

same at footlocker and finishline...:cool:

Quiet storm
umm...lemme see...

pack of white tees $5.95

yep.thats too expensive.

Preach it preacher

Devin
02-20-2007, 11:55 AM
Preach it preacher

yeah.i cant see myself spending $69 on a shirt unless i was trynna rock some business attire.

but i dont mind spending that same amount on shoes though.but it doesnt matter now because im broke for real.lol.

Devin
02-20-2007, 11:56 AM
Read my post. You don't have to be rich to dress like that. Sheesh. My grandpa dressed like that and he was British and black - don't say all that rich, white boy stuff, please. Or else the whole J clan will get on you, lol.

haha:D

nygurl
02-20-2007, 11:57 AM
I kinda like that whole Jim Jones hoodie n pants dat actually fit ya style..Like late last year early dis year dere was a boy dressed like that guy(in the original post) he was apart of a police chase the only reason he got caught was cuz his shirt was extremely long and his pants was below his knees. He couldn't run from the cops cuz of his clothin..it was kinda funny but yea....

Devin
02-20-2007, 11:59 AM
I kinda like that whole Jim Jones hoodie n pants dat actually fit ya style..Like late last year early dis year dere was a boy dressed like that guy(in the original post) he was apart of a police chase the only reason he got caught was cuz his shirt was extremely long and his pants was below his knees. He couldn't run from the cops cuz of his clothin..it was kinda funny but yea....

word?looks like them dope boys better smarten up.hmmm....i wonder what it would be like if all drug dealers wore business attire...

Rikki
02-20-2007, 12:06 PM
umm...lemme see...

pack of white tees $9.95

yep.thats too expensive.

Dude..you do not have to shop at a&f to get that look. *smh*

The_Expositor
02-20-2007, 12:06 PM
I think it looks ridiculous to wear those dresses. Since when was a white t-shirt considered stylish? I don't mind fresh white tees. In fact, I've been known to wear one every now and then, but the long ones? I just can't get with it.

Abercrombie & Fitch is a little outside of my budget. For 69 bucks, I can get a few shirts and still look nice, and I don't mean white tees.

nygurl
02-20-2007, 12:13 PM
I think it looks ridiculous to wear those dresses. Since when was a white t-shirt considered stylish? I don't mind fresh white tees. In fact, I've been known to wear one every now and then, but the long ones? I just can't get with it.

Abercrombie & Fitch is a little outside of my budget. For 69 bucks, I can get a few shirts and still look nice, and I don't mean white tees.
Dem Franchize Boyz r known 4 startin that white tee style wit dere song White Tee.

Quiet storm
02-20-2007, 12:13 PM

I think he was just referring to the examples that were given earlier in the thread. The particular "look" is still expensive IMHO. However I dont knock anybody for their preference in what they like.

Devin
02-20-2007, 12:14 PM

yeah i know.im just messing with yall:)

montenell
this is a funny thread, i have to agree with the ladies tho, i've bee nthinking myself how i need a wardrobe overhaul, since i'l lbe thirty this year although i look young i do not want to dress like a teen. i can not stand the oversized shirt look, i'm 6'2 and i wear a 3x i think the rule for shirts should be that they cover your butt, no longer (no shorter either) the more and more i think about it the more i realize that we have to set the trends and not follow them

TrueConvert
this has gotten humorous. :D
Anyhow, versatility is a key component to any dress code, IMHO. Sometimes I'll grow the hair on my face out to ridiculous proportions and rock the military surplus look. Sometimes, it's a sweater and khakis, or jeans and wallabees or timboots and cargos, or hardbottoms and slacks, or whatever. I'm glad some folk just won't be classified in any one dresscode "box" lol :)

Devin
be honest folks...do yall really think hhh cats are gonna be dressing like that?

savedbygracealone
02-20-2007, 12:16 PM

i like when peeps rock grey tees myself :D

Quiet storm
02-20-2007, 12:17 PM
this is a funny thread, i have to agree with the ladies tho

SMH....traitor.

nygurl
02-20-2007, 12:19 PM
be honest folks...do yall really think hhh cats are gonna be dressing like that?

Probably yea..

jnorman888
02-20-2007, 12:29 PM
I love big suits. I don't know how many times I out grew my suits. And I don't know how many times I was grabbing my my pants because they were sticking to my legs or were too tight. I hate tight pants. I hate high water pants. I hate it when a tailor wants to convince me to cuff up my pant legs. I don't like walking around in suits with my socks showing.

I hate too short shirts and jackets and anything short. I love the suits T. D. Jakes be wearing!!! Those joints are the hotness!!! I love the Suits that Steve Harvey be sportin!!! Those joints are the hotness!!! I love the suits and coats Rev Run be sportin too! Those joints are hot.

Slavery is over and I don't want to be chained in tight, short, leg huggin, hip cramping suits, shirts, pants, and shorts.

But the stuff dude had on was too big

INLOVE Jnorm

At the next Rap Fest I'm running to Harlem on 125th street to buy me a new suit! They got some that they sell for $200.00 that would cost me $400.00 over here in Pittsburgh.

montenell
02-20-2007, 12:37 PM
SMH....traitor.

hey i think you should be more concerned with how women view your appearance than men ;)

apokalum
02-20-2007, 12:42 PM
is there a picture in this thread that Im not seeing?:confused:

Quiet storm
02-20-2007, 12:43 PM
hey i think you should be more concerned with how women view your appearance than men ;)

True and whats funny is that whenever I go for the more "conservative" look my fiance tends to compliment me more on my attire but she never does it when I am rockin my "hip hop gear". *sigh* women. If we try to tell females how they should dress they would throw a fit. I told this one chick once that her shirt was a little to revealed and her response was"well you need to stop looking at me like that". SMH

savedbygracealone
02-20-2007, 12:46 PM
well that is the wrong response from that female... if someone told me that something that i wore was too revealing my first response would be shame and embarrassment and want to go home immediately and change so that my clothing would not cause anyone to stumble and my body (and clothing) would be an acceptable sacrifice to the Lord.

Quiet storm
02-20-2007, 12:56 PM
well that is the wrong response from that female... if someone told me that something that i wore was too revealing my first response would be shame and embarrassment and want to go home immediately and change so that my clothing would not cause anyone to stumble and my body (and clothing) would be an acceptable sacrifice to the Lord.

Even if you were wearing a turtle neck and some sweatpants? :)

apokalum
02-20-2007, 12:56 PM
somebody host the image on a image host for me..its blocked at my job so Im a bit lost in this thread.:o

savedbygracealone
02-20-2007, 01:03 PM

lol, if their concern was "reasonable", i would lol... otherwise i would try to figure out what part of my big ol sweats was revealing haha

apokalum
02-20-2007, 01:06 PM

hey...sometimes those sweatpants be fittin right...very right.

TOO right.... :o

Quiet storm
02-20-2007, 01:09 PM
hey...sometimes those sweatpants be fittin right...very right.

TOO right.... :o

lol perhaps I should have put "baggy sweatpants"

The Saint
02-20-2007, 01:18 PM
Dem Franchize Boyz r known 4 startin that white tee style wit dere song White Tee.

Yeah they commercialized the oversized white tees, but "eses" (mexican gangsters) in Cali been rockin white tees since the 50s and 60s...then the blacks picked up on it, but we started the whole white tee thing a long time ago...

savedbygracealone
02-20-2007, 01:22 PM
i thought "ese" was just a way to say "dude" or "homey" in spanish?

The Saint
02-20-2007, 01:27 PM
i thought "ese" was just a way to say "dude" or "homey" in spanish?

also, why did you say "the" blacks? lol...

the word Ese has multi-meanings...if I were talking to somebody I'd say "what up ese"...so in the sense on the word it is like homie...but if someone said "I'm an ese" then they would be refering to the gang affiliation meaning of the word...

I say "the" blacks just like the blacks say "the" eses or "the" mexicans...LOL...that's just the way we talk in Cali...esa (female version of ese)

eve
02-20-2007, 01:35 PM

i don't see much of a connection between what music you listen to and how you dress ... that is, for people who have their own style. plenty of HHH cats are more conservative. you won't catch precise, shai, evangel, tim, mark j, or minista zion in circus clown clothing. the most extreme, in my view, is amba. and even amba doesn't look like the cat at the top of the thread!

True and whats funny is that whenever I go for the more "conservative" look my fiance tends to compliment me more on my attire but she never does it when I am rockin my "hip hop gear". *sigh* women. If we try to tell females how they should dress they would throw a fit. I told this one chick once that her shirt was a little to revealed and her response was"well you need to stop looking at me like that". SMH

that's the way it should be! the rest of the animal kingdom knows what time it is! the males try to look good to find a mate, and the females are just fine looking like plain jane.

male peacock: http://www.paulahollinsdesigns.com/images/Animals/MalePeacockStrut1smaller.jpg
female peacock: http://www.takeourword.com/images/peacock2.jpg

jnorman888
02-20-2007, 01:39 PM
Wow! That male Peacock looks pimped out :cool:

Devin
02-20-2007, 01:41 PM
i don't see much of a connection between what music you listen to and how you dress ... that is, for people who have their own style. plenty of HHH cats are more conservative. you won't catch precise, shai, evangel, tim, mark j, or minista zion in circus clown clothing. the most extreme, in my view, is amba. and even amba doesn't look like the cat at the top of the thread!

that's the way it should be! the rest of the animal kingdom knows what time it is! the males try to look good to find a mate, and the females are just fine looking like plain jane.

male peacock: http://www.paulahollinsdesigns.com/images/Animals/MalePeacockStrut1smaller.jpg

ROTFL!!!

Quiet storm
02-20-2007, 01:47 PM

I guess it all comes down to how one defines "looking good" personally I feel the Long T baggy jeans look is "looking good" (on me at least) as opposed to more "conservative" attire. It is also an issue of being "comfortable" I like to have clothing that flows off me as opposed to clothing that is stuck on me or not as flowing.

nygurl
02-20-2007, 01:52 PM
Yeah they commercialized the oversized white tees, but "eses" (mexican gangsters) in Cali been rockin white tees since the 50s and 60s...then the blacks picked up on it, but we started the whole white tee thing a long time ago...

O wow i didn't know that

The Saint
02-20-2007, 01:55 PM
O wow i didn't know that

Most peeps don't know...if they are not from the west...

jnorman888
02-20-2007, 01:58 PM
I like to have clothing that flows off me as opposed to clothing that is stuck on me or not as flowing.

I'll say an Amen to that!!! Lord knows I hate, chest, Leg and hip huggers!!!

Only Rock Stars wear Spandex!!! LOL

The Saint
02-20-2007, 01:59 PM
I guess it all comes down to how one defines "looking good" personally I feel the Long T baggy jeans look is "looking good" (on me at least) as opposed to more "conservative" attire. It is also an issue of being "comfortable" I like to have clothing that flows off me as opposed to clothing that is stuck on me or not as flowing.

I feel you homie, comfort is mandatory...but you can look nice and still be comfortable...I don't do the oversized tees, but I love my baggy jeans/dickies, some clean tennis shoes/boots and a dope button-up...with a "sling shot" (wife beater)underneath...LOL...

apokalum
02-20-2007, 02:03 PM
SMH @ no one reposting the pic for me :(

The Saint
02-20-2007, 02:06 PM

Here you go homie...

savedbygracealone
02-20-2007, 02:09 PM

i didnt know how, sorry...

apokalum
02-20-2007, 02:13 PM
Here you go homie...

wow.

thanks

CLER
02-20-2007, 02:32 PM
i don't like the very baggy shirts on guys... the pictures that eve posted are coo, but those A&F/Hollister/AE models be wearing their shirts realll tight. they buy extra small so the guys can have fitted shirt, kinda like showing off their bodies. oh yea some of those guys buy girl's jeans (boot cuts) so it's fitted on them too. euhhh

naijagirl
02-20-2007, 03:03 PM
the word Ese has multi-meanings...if I were talking to somebody I'd say "what up ese"...so in the sense on the word it is like homie...but if someone said "I'm an ese" then they would be refering to the gang affiliation meaning of the word...

I say "the" blacks just like the blacks say "the" eses or "the" mexicans...LOL...that's just the way we talk in Cali...esa (female version of ese)

The word Ese in my mom's language means "gift". But thanks to ignorance, when my fam calls me Ese, everyone looks at us like we're weird. Arrghh, it's my name....

Anywho, back to topic. I am so requesting a change of name...:rolleyes:

The Saint
02-20-2007, 03:05 PM
The word Ese in my mom's language means "gift". But thanks to ignorance, when my fam calls me Ese, everyone looks at us like we're weird. Arrghh, it's my name....

Anywho, back to topic. I am so requesting a change of name...:rolleyes:

LOL...that's crazy...:D

thenewguy07
02-20-2007, 04:15 PM
lol @ this thread. It's tight though, I love hearing other people's perspectives on dressing.

For myself, since I'm in college (and therefore don't need to dress professionally on a daily basis), I typically go with a graphic tee, some jeans, and some tennis shoes or Nike boots (nike goa dome's to be specific). Timbs are out of style now, around where I'm from. I don't do plain shirts anymore...I haven't owned a white tee since I was 18...I'm 22 now.

When it's warm, I wear polos, and khaki shorts (either tan, or army green with the cargo pockets and stuff). I don't even wear jean shorts anymore. lol. As far as the length of my shirts, they usually come right below my but, but the sleeves may never go past my elbow (usually 3/4 down my tricep). The jeans have to have enough slack for me to walk comfortably, but they should not have more than 1 & 1/2 "sags", but I'd prefer them to have 1/2 sag (the excess fabric that makes your jeans look like they folded on top of themselves).

Sometimes I wear thermal shirts with graphics on the front (i.e. I have a brown one, with a big phoenix on the front). I also have shirts from faveur fashion and kerusso.

I buy plain polos (light/bright colors such as yellow, green, orange, light blue, etc...) from Footaction 3 for $20. I get graphic polos from Old Navy for $6 on sale. I get graphic tees from Kohls for $10 each, and I wear a lot of hoodies, and track jackets. I've never liked wearing jerseys, and the unfortunately the only fitted I own is a 116 clique joint. I say unfortunately, because I love fitteds, but I can't see myself paying $30 for a hat (and I only like New Era/59Fifty hats).

Ummm...oh, dress clothes. I only own 2 suits (black, and tan). Both are sport cut (meaning they taper in at the torso, so they fit pretty closely like the guy's in eve's pic). I have a lot of dress shirts and slacks though. Most of my dress clothes are Kenneth Cole (shirts cost $25 at K & G Men's Wearhouse). I get my ties from Kohls (Apt. 9 for $15 on sale). Most of my dress shoes are Kenneth Cole's, cuz I like their style, and I wear a size 7. That's a very hard size to find, unless I go to Nordstrom's or something like that.

You should notice a trend in my shopping habits. Everything I have, I get on sale. I have a lot more variety than what I posted, but that's what I wear for the most part. I'm a shopper...I'll spend 45 minutes in one store, combing the racks for sales...I also frequently check www.gottadeal.com, and www.passwird.com, for deals. I go shopping 2 days after every single holiday, and I saved up a big chunk of money for Black Friday every year. I am a power shopper! lol.

Oh yea, and with tennis shoes, I wear stuff like this (these are a few of my shoes.)http://a712.g.akamai.net/7/712/225/1d/www.eastbay.com/images/products/large/65031001_l.jpg,
http://www.simpleshoes.com/images/products/AllColorCombos/2071-JUN-PROD.jpg,
http://www.zappos.com/images/442/7157442/827-127875-t.jpg (got em in brown & orange too),
http://img.shopping.com/cctool/PrdImg/images/pr/177X150/00/02/12/ee/fc/34795260.JPG,
http://www.trainerstation.com/catalog/images/adidas_samoa_satin.jpg, etc...

Now yall have a glimpse into my style :cool:

DJ Links
02-20-2007, 05:52 PM
As TrueConvert stated earlier its all about versatility and as I am getting older I am having to balance that out with comfort and style.

I basically have 3 categories that put clothing in.

1. I call it the coporate negro look. This is basically a dress casual look that I rock on the daily. This usually consists of a Sean John button down shirt and some slacks and dress shoes. If a there is something on the job that warrants a suit then I rock a suit. Brothers let me share something with you that every brother should have in their closets regarding suits. Every man should have a basic black suit, blue suit and grey suit. What I have found that will fit a brothers frame are 3 suit brands:

Magic Johnson - I like these because the style of the suit is very versatile. These can be rocked to work and church and depending on what type of shirt you wear they can be worn in a semi formal setting. The best thing about these suits is that they are authentic italian from the cut to the being manufactured in italy.

http://www.fashionmenswear.com/id-72/ImgUpload/N_26130461_1809373.JPG

http://www.zappos.com/boutiques/mezlan/images/mezlan_main.jpg

Jones New York (athletic cut) - the athletic cut gives the appearance of an italian cut and fits great right off the rack. Execellent for business meetings.

http://www.pratomenswear.com/Merchant/images/sm/1_0736_JNY.jpg

Steve Harvey - I consider these suits to rock to church and to semi formal settings. Let me put it out there Steve has some wild styles but you do better to stick with more traditional looks. As Eve stated earlier there are some suits that men should not wear and Steve has some styles that are straight up pimpish.

http://upscalemenswear.com/images/soprano%20brown.jpg

Couple of final words on the corporate negro look..... brothers you shouldn't have to pay more than $200 for your suit. To me if you pay more then it should be tailor made. The reason I say don't pay more is because I don't shop at dept stores for my suits. Here in the ATL we have a spot called K & G menswear that I can get almost any kind of suit for 2 bills. Last word. Don't buy a suit with more than 4 buttons. If you have more than 4 buttons on a suit you are gonna look clownish and that suit really should never be worn in a business setting.

2. The casual look. This is where comfort should be of the utmost importance to you. If everyone is honest with themselves most of us will admit that we really don't dress for ourselves but for others. We all would like to look nice in the eyes of others. So with that being said finding a balance with comfort and look isn't that easy. Me I prefer to rock button downs and jeans and sneakers. It is only lately that I am trying to incorporate casual dress jackets in the mix with casual shoes. What I am finding is that it ain't easy at all. Rocking baggy jeans with this look won't work, but the problem is that most jeans aren't cut for black men. A lot of us are blessed on the back end and finding jeans that fit fit and don't choke you (brothers you know what I mean) is crazy hard. The only way that I am finding that you are able to combat the issue is by spending some money on some good jeans.

http://emol.org/virtualmall/seanjohnclothing/B0009ESVKI.01-A2HLK9C2IWJJB7._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg http://myspace-364.vo.llnwd.net/01143/46/37/1143087364_m.jpg

3. The super casual look. This to me is t-shirts, jeans, sneakers, shorts, etc. Brothers you may hate me for this but I believe you can still do this with class. You heard some of the do and don't with this look and as you get older you should customize this look so that you still remain stylish but not look like a young boy. My biggest personal rule with this look is that I will not be a billboard for someone else. So you will not see me rock a t-shirt with Sean John or Phat Farm across the front. To me the goal with this look is again to remain timeless and classy; ie a polo/izod type shirt with some jeans and shorts and you are good to go.

http://www.terramar.co.uk/katrine/productIMG/benny_polo_shirt.jpg

eve
02-20-2007, 06:00 PM
alll right!!!

that's what i'm talking about, newguy!

i certainly don't think casual looks bad, i just hate when casual has a grown man dressing like he would dress his four-year-old. i too like to see khakis and polos (without too many stripes) and collared shirts and nice hoodies, etc.

i like the second pair of sneakers you showed. that's what i'm talking about when it comes to casual footwear ... no advertisements, nothing flashy ... just some chill sneakers (or "tennis shoes" as you call them) of good quality.

mannnn ... y'all are getting me in the mood to change my whole wardrobe. i definitely don't dress the way i want to because i'm always on the run. hmmm ... good idea ;)

eve
02-20-2007, 06:07 PM
LINKS!!!!!!!

U ARE MY FRIEND!

yyeesssss!!!

i agree with everything you said. (though i have yet to see a steve harvey suit that works at all. i mean, not one of them! and let's not talk about jakes!)

and yo, dudes don't even have to (in my un-male view) know the difference between a windsor and a half-windsor. just make sure your tie is silk (not the two sisters!)

Quiet storm
02-20-2007, 06:09 PM
*sigh* Links :mad:

DJ Links
02-20-2007, 06:12 PM
alll right!!!

that's what i'm talking about, newguy!

i certainly don't think casual looks bad, i just hate when casual has a grown man dressing like he would dress his four-year-old. i too like to see khakis and polos (without too many stripes) and collared shirts and nice hoodies, etc.

i like the second pair of sneakers you showed. that's what i'm talking about when it comes to casual footwear ... no advertisements, nothing flashy ... just some chill sneakers (or "tennis shoes" as you call them) of good quality.

mannnn ... y'all are getting me in the mood to change my whole wardrobe. i definitely don't dress the way i want to because i'm always on the run. hmmm ... good idea ;)

Eve I feel you but I just can't rock the Old Navy, Gap, Abercrombie/Fitch look. A brother has got to add some flair to the mix. But you know what it was a brother who actually started that look back in the day - Willie wear. Thats where gap basically stole their steeze from.

DJ Links
02-20-2007, 06:29 PM
LINKS!!!!!!!

U ARE MY FRIEND!

yyeesssss!!!

i agree with everything you said. (though i have yet to see a steve harvey suit that works at all. i mean, not one of them! and let's not talk about jakes!)

and yo, dudes don't even have to (in my un-male view) know the difference between a windsor and a half-windsor. just make sure your tie is silk (not the two sisters!)

I have a couple of Steve Harvey joints that are very conservative. It's all in the shirt and tie and hankerchief that will either pull out the suit more or play it down. All of Jakes suits are custom made by a brother here in ATL.

http://www.williammurphy.org/images/temp_page_06.gif

This is actually a suit made by jakes tailor. The thing with this tailor is the subtleness of the details of the suit. Like in the picture above look at the the lapel pin slot.

Quiet storm
02-20-2007, 06:33 PM
DJ Links why you frontin this is how you really dress. :D

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h211/ministerqs/links2.jpg

DJ Links
02-20-2007, 06:36 PM
DJ Links why you frontin this is how you really dress. :D

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h211/ministerqs/links2.jpg

What you forgot to tell people is that this and some of my other myspace pics are when I was in Jamaica on a missions trip.

jnorman888
02-20-2007, 08:56 PM
Who likes Zoot Suits? I know I do. Well the not so pimpish ones.....the churchy ones!!!!!

http://invention.smithsonian.org/centerpieces/whole_cloth/u7sf/u7materials/cosgrove.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoot_suit

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/72/Zootsuit2.jpg/180px-Zootsuit2.jpg

With these you don't have to worry about the "high waters" problem. You know...the Michael Jackson syndrom.

You don't have to worry about the "I can't breath" problem.

And the "Leg hugger" problem

Gloria
02-20-2007, 09:16 PM

LOL...I was scrolling through reading comments and this one made me laugh out loud...so funny and OH so wrong...

Gloria
02-20-2007, 09:18 PM

Thank you...

thankfull
02-20-2007, 09:57 PM
Thanks DJ Links for your insight....some brothers need help. Cause some men I know, all they were is black from head to toe. It's good to have some versatility in the wardrobe without losing yourself.

The Saint
02-20-2007, 11:37 PM
Who likes Zoot Suits? I know I do. Well the not so pimpish ones.....the churchy ones!!!!!

http://invention.smithsonian.org/centerpieces/whole_cloth/u7sf/u7materials/cosgrove.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoot_suit

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/72/Zootsuit2.jpg/180px-Zootsuit2.jpg

With these you don't have to worry about the "high waters" problem. You know...the Michael Jackson syndrom.

You don't have to worry about the "I can't breath" problem.

And the "Leg hugger" problem

Yup...all my suits are zoot style...http://elpachuco.com/...love the fit...long coats, baggy leg with a brim on the dome...now you talking my style...oh I like the Steve Harvey suits though also...

DJ Links
02-21-2007, 12:43 AM
Thanks DJ Links for your insight....some brothers need help. Cause some men I know, all they were is black from head to toe. It's good to have some versatility in the wardrobe without losing yourself.

Let me be real with you. My fashion style really didn't develop until I got married. I used to hate to shop for clothes but now I have 2 or 3 spots that I frequent. Another thing I learned is to learn to get to know sales people that way they can call you ahead of time for sales or when new things come in.

Reap
02-21-2007, 02:16 AM
Yo, that look like one of the dorm hallways at Howard U & the dude looks familiar.

desertwoman
02-21-2007, 08:39 AM
cool. He's late, I use to rock this in 99. I wonder if we will go back to wearing long vestments and discard pants. That will be interesting. And all the ladies wearing saris. How perrrty.

http://www.sareeworld.com/images/image.jpg

thankfull
02-21-2007, 10:11 AM
Let me be real with you. My fashion style really didn't develop until I got married. I used to hate to shop for clothes but now I have 2 or 3 spots that I frequent. Another thing I learned is to learn to get to know sales people that way they can call you ahead of time for sales or when new things come in.

That's interesting....I guess your wife had to help you out a bit! lol ;)

KFB
02-21-2007, 03:13 PM
As TrueConvert stated earlier its all about versatility and as I am getting older I am having to balance that out with comfort and style.

I basically have 3 categories that put clothing in.

1. I call it the coporate negro look. This is basically a dress casual look that I rock on the daily. This usually consists of a Sean John button down shirt and some slacks and dress shoes. If a there is something on the job that warrants a suit then I rock a suit. Brothers let me share something with you that every brother should have in their closets regarding suits. Every man should have a basic black suit, blue suit and grey suit. What I have found that will fit a brothers frame are 3 suit brands:

Magic Johnson - I like these because the style of the suit is very versatile. These can be rocked to work and church and depending on what type of shirt you wear they can be worn in a semi formal setting. The best thing about these suits is that they are authentic italian from the cut to the being manufactured in italy.

http://www.fashionmenswear.com/id-72/ImgUpload/N_26130461_1809373.JPG

http://www.zappos.com/boutiques/mezlan/images/mezlan_main.jpg

Jones New York (athletic cut) - the athletic cut gives the appearance of an italian cut and fits great right off the rack. Execellent for business meetings.

http://www.pratomenswear.com/Merchant/images/sm/1_0736_JNY.jpg

Steve Harvey - I consider these suits to rock to church and to semi formal settings. Let me put it out there Steve has some wild styles but you do better to stick with more traditional looks. As Eve stated earlier there are some suits that men should not wear and Steve has some styles that are straight up pimpish.

http://upscalemenswear.com/images/soprano%20brown.jpg

Couple of final words on the corporate negro look..... brothers you shouldn't have to pay more than $200 for your suit. To me if you pay more then it should be tailor made. The reason I say don't pay more is because I don't shop at dept stores for my suits. Here in the ATL we have a spot called K & G menswear that I can get almost any kind of suit for 2 bills. Last word. Don't buy a suit with more than 4 buttons. If you have more than 4 buttons on a suit you are gonna look clownish and that suit really should never be worn in a business setting.

2. The casual look. This is where comfort should be of the utmost importance to you. If everyone is honest with themselves most of us will admit that we really don't dress for ourselves but for others. We all would like to look nice in the eyes of others. So with that being said finding a balance with comfort and look isn't that easy. Me I prefer to rock button downs and jeans and sneakers. It is only lately that I am trying to incorporate casual dress jackets in the mix with casual shoes. What I am finding is that it ain't easy at all. Rocking baggy jeans with this look won't work, but the problem is that most jeans aren't cut for black men. A lot of us are blessed on the back end and finding jeans that fit fit and don't choke you (brothers you know what I mean) is crazy hard. The only way that I am finding that you are able to combat the issue is by spending some money on some good jeans.

http://emol.org/virtualmall/seanjohnclothing/B0009ESVKI.01-A2HLK9C2IWJJB7._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg http://myspace-364.vo.llnwd.net/01143/46/37/1143087364_m.jpg

3. The super casual look. This to me is t-shirts, jeans, sneakers, shorts, etc. Brothers you may hate me for this but I believe you can still do this with class. You heard some of the do and don't with this look and as you get older you should customize this look so that you still remain stylish but not look like a young boy. My biggest personal rule with this look is that I will not be a billboard for someone else. So you will not see me rock a t-shirt with Sean John or Phat Farm across the front. To me the goal with this look is again to remain timeless and classy; ie a polo/izod type shirt with some jeans and shorts and you are good to go.

http://www.terramar.co.uk/katrine/productIMG/benny_polo_shirt.jpg

amen bro, we got k&g up here in ohio also, i will also add that it is possible to find nice suits at thrift stores. i personally haven't done it, but i know a couple of pastors who have done the goodwill thing and pulled it off well.

savedbygracealone
02-21-2007, 03:15 PM
cool. He's late, I use to rock this in 99. I wonder if we will go back to wearing long vestments and discard pants. That will be interesting. And all the ladies wearing saris. How perrrty.

http://www.sareeworld.com/images/image.jpg

thats pretty!

StreetSermonz
02-21-2007, 03:27 PM
I'm looking forward to getting married so my wifie can pick out my clothing... not that I dress bummy now, but my wardrobe is suffering a bit. To me, as long as I am presentable I'm good - clothing will perish.

StreetSermonz
02-21-2007, 03:30 PM
http://myspace-364.vo.llnwd.net/01143/46/37/1143087364_m.jpg
http://www.williammurphy.org/images/temp_page_06.gif

I like the way Pastor Elder Murph dresses.