PDA

View Full Version : My Job (need prayer... AGAIN. lol)

Shock~Therapy
02-11-2007, 10:42 PM
Ok... So here's the deal HCR, since the last time I made a prayer request,

I had went on a couple job interviews and got offered a position as a Case Manager for a non-profit in DC. Well, it was not the opportunity that I was jumping over, but when I got mandated to work an extra shift that next Saturday overnight, which caused me to miss Sunday service, I made my decision to accept that offer and leave my job at that time.

So I start working at this non-profit and I am on a brief orientation period and now I am finding out that I will only get paid based on the amount of time I spend with each client (mentally ill children and adults) that I see. So all the time that I spend doing paper-work, driving out to their houses in the community, attending mandatory meetings, contacting outside resources for my clients... I do not get paid for. Not good, right? Yeah, but it can't be that bad otherwise no one else would have stuck around that environment, right? Ok, here comes the "raw and uncut"... I am required to shadow (follow around) other case managers while on my orientation period. While following them around, I notice one thing that they all do in common... falsify documentation. And it goes beyond the couple case managers that I shadowed, but every case manager that works there falsifies documentation. What is being done is that each case manager will meet with a client for a certain about of time and they will have the client sign a blank form, without the time being specified on it, for each time they meet. The case managers do not fill in the time until after they have the client sign that documentation. Why is this? They will bill for a much greater time then they are actually seeing the client. Say for instance a client is being seen for 10-15 minutes, then they will bill it for 2 hours. So I had a falling out with the CEO of this non-profit organization on Friday over what was being done and that I cannot stand for it morally. She told me that she never tells anyone to falsify information. I agree with her and explain "Yes, you don't tell anyone that verbally, but the system you have set up encourages this behavior and you know that this is going on". So, to make a long story short, I resigned from my position on Friday. I will be back Monday for a couple hours to clear up some loose ends, but then that will be it.

So, I am back on the job hunt. Please pray for God's provision of a job and an employer who is neither morally bankrupt nor poorly structured (which has been the case of my last two jobs). Thanks Fam. :D

thankfull
02-12-2007, 01:17 PM
praying

nubia7
02-12-2007, 01:39 PM
man, that's very noble of you and most importantly, Christ-like!

praying........................................... ....

Jason718
02-13-2007, 10:02 AM
i just prayed for you, fam.

praise God for your obedience.

j

CLER
02-15-2007, 02:01 PM
i just prayed for you bro. that's Christ-like... to God be the glory.

montenell
02-15-2007, 03:10 PM
praying

RJ of MMM
02-16-2007, 01:32 PM
Praying bro;
You walked in honor, that speaks volumes to your integrity.

StreetSermonz
02-16-2007, 02:58 PM
I praise God for your faith and the integrity that you've shown. I am praying for you and know that the LORD will continue to supply every need. I'm looking forward to the praise report and hearing what He does for you!

Rina_cz
02-26-2007, 01:59 AM
I feel you a bit bruh. Home Depot is not all it seems, or at least, my store. Got you.