PDA

View Full Version : Advice for Witnessing to.....

ConverZION
02-06-2007, 10:12 PM
What's up everyone,

Its time again for my month post. But anyway on a more serious note, since moving to KY, I have come in contact with a extremely large amount of homosexuals, lesbians, bi-sexuals (WHATEVER YOU WANNA CALL'EM).

I know and understand that they are my brothers and sisters and my heart goes out to them, but has anyone or does anyone have any experience in witnessing to this ever increasing population :confused: :confused: :confused:

If anyone can help me out with advice or resources I would greatly appreciate it.

Shock~Therapy
02-06-2007, 10:30 PM
What's up everyone,

Its time again for my month post. But anyway on a more serious note, since moving to KY, I have come in contact with a extremely large amount of homosexuals, lesbians, bi-sexuals (WHATEVER YOU WANNA CALL'EM).

I know and understand that they are my brothers and sisters and my heart goes out to them, but has anyone or does anyone have any experience in witnessing to this ever increasing population :confused: :confused: :confused:

If anyone can help me out with advice or resources I would greatly appreciate it.

I don't really have much experience witnessing to homosexuals. BTW, I'm not sure that I would call them brothers and sisters until they are conformed to Christ''s image. As far as witnessing goes, you should probably avoid jumping on the sin of homosexuality with them, rather go over God's hate for ALL sin, man's inability to deliver himself from sin and it's wages (death), and therefore man's need for a Savior through Jesus Christ.

ConverZION
02-08-2007, 12:19 AM
Shock ~Therapy, thanks for the info, :) . I was hoping I could get just a little more help on this one. It seems like everyone responds to all of the threads that really dont have any bearing on anything. But I can't pay anyone to respond to something that seems pretty serious :( (at least to me).

I'll holla next month for my monthy post.

Grace & Peace fam,

Jason718
02-08-2007, 08:34 AM
Dude, understand that a lot of people in America have in some senses been exposed to "going to church" but very few have been exposed to the gospel.

For this reason, you really can't go wrong with a law presentation followed by the gospel if they are still listening to you.

You might not want to venture into "do not commit adultery" because that could bring up such violently divisive issues as marriage "equality" and what sexual morality means. Which may not a bad thing in *all cases, but it should probably be avoided.

You have to understand that we're in an age where people define themselves as _______ before they even think about what God has to say about those things.

Some people say "I am a sexual being". So they don't want to hear a word about celibacy.

Some people say "I am a feminist". So they don't want to hear ANYTHING about women being quiet and submissive.

Some people say "Eating animals is murder". So they don't want to hear anything about man subduing the earth.

do you get the picture?

A practicing homosexual wont want to hear anything about sexual morality and God's design for marriage.

Chances are that a switch will flip in their minds the moment you bring up anything about homosexuality being a sin (this is not a rule, but rather me sharing my experience with witnessing to homosexuals). This is why it is important to do all that you can to focus on SIN...and how horrible SIN is and what the BIBLE says about sin before the conversation is steered to "What about my sex life?"

Once they understand the sinfulness of sin and the authority of the bible on these matters, they will be left with a mouth that is shut. Once their mouths are shut, let them know what God did so that they can have their sins forgiven and a right relationship with him. (it never gets old!!!! thank you lord!!!!!:D)

Be certain not to insert your opinion when witnessing. Saving power is in the spirit-breathed word of God, not in the word or persuasive abilities of man.

gospelmessenjah
02-08-2007, 09:54 AM
Well said Jason, You pretty much summed up what I was about to say but to add on Witness to a bi-sexual like you would a sinner, a muslim, or a relative present the law to them and then like Jason said Tell them what God did for them so they could avoid the wrath of God.