PDA

View Full Version : wE wAnt pRenUpt!!

pchild
02-06-2007, 03:55 PM
does a prenuptial agreement invite divorce?..

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

savedbygracealone
02-06-2007, 04:14 PM
marriage is a reflection of the covenant relationship that Christ has with His church... is there a prenupt in that relationship?

CHRISTion
02-06-2007, 04:41 PM
WOW. good answer ^^^^

CHRISTion
02-06-2007, 04:43 PM
What exactly does a prenup say? Does it just make sure that the other person can't get anything (that is originally yours) in the case of a divorce??

ctide
02-06-2007, 04:58 PM

no, a prenuptial agreement is evidence that a divorce was already almost certain

prenupts dont make people likely to get divorced

people likely to get divorced make prenupts

please... dont take it as an attack, im only answering because you asked

eve
02-06-2007, 06:21 PM
marriage is a reflection of the covenant relationship that Christ has with His church... is there a prenupt in that relationship?

^^^ excellent! ^^^

in keeping with the biblical purpose of marriage that jolene mentioned here, we would ALL be in trouble if our marriage to Christ included a prenup and we got a "divorce." He'd go back with all He brought to the table (everything), and we'd go back with all we brought to the table (nothing).

audio: *pac man dying*

The_Expositor
02-06-2007, 06:50 PM
Yo, if I was a lady, and a dude asked for a prenuptual agreement, I'd decline marriage. That's like saying, "You know I love you, but I love my stuff more. If we don't work out, I want to keep as much of my stuff as I can. "

Here's my prenuptual agreement to my future wife:

"Baby (you gotta say baby), I promise to love you as Christ loves His chuch. I promise to honor and cherish every moment I have with you, and I'll count the moments I'm away from you, and give you more memorable moments than you can handle."

Okay, that was corny and incomplete. But my only prenuptual agreement is to love her.

Jason718
02-06-2007, 07:05 PM

I always figured that Jesus would get the couch and the dog if things didn't work out...

excellent post jogall.

pchild
02-06-2007, 07:25 PM

well,

a prenupt says in the event should we part ways-
you keep what you brought & I keep what I brought.

Now what about John 15:5

Isn't Jesus basically saying -while your with me you have it all,
but away from me you take nothing?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I just seen a 150lb 4 year old

ROB
02-06-2007, 08:26 PM
well,

a prenupt says in the event should we part ways-
you keep what you brought & I keep what I brought.

Now what about John 15:5

Isn't Jesus basically saying -while your with me you have it all,
but away from me you take nothing?

Now I wouldn't marry if I felt the need for a prenup, but you did make a good point.

The same thought is expressed in Ezekiel 3:20 (NASB).

20"Again, (U)when a righteous man turns away from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and I place an (V)obstacle before him, he will die; since you have not warned him, he shall die in his sin, and his righteous deeds which he has done shall not be remembered; but his blood I will require at your hand.

Looks to me like a righteous person doesn't get to keep any rewards that he or she may have obtained if they get cocky and walk away from God by turning away from living righteously.

I still would not marry someone if I felt the need for a prenup.

Maybe we should make sure we are both broke when we get married so we ain't gotta worry about that. :D

Tony Stone
02-06-2007, 08:48 PM
Now I wouldn't marry if I felt the need for a prenup, but you did make a good point.

20"Again, (U)when a righteous man turns away from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and I place an (V)obstacle before him, he will die; since you have not warned him, he shall die in his sin, and his righteous deeds which he has done shall not be remembered; but his blood I will require at your hand.

Looks to me like a righteous person doesn't get to keep any rewards that he or she may have obtained if they get cocky and walk away from God by turning away from living righteously.

Maybe we should make sure we are both broke when we get married so we ain't gotta worry about that. :D

What's good brother Rob!

Out of curiosity, are you using the Ezekiel passage in conjunction w/ this subject to speak of REWARDS or SALVATION.

The Bible makes a distinction between the two, so I'm curious as to how you're applying Ezekiel. In your view, is Ezekiel talking about rewards, or salvation?

A text I have in mind is:

1 Corinthians 3:15
If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as through fire.

savedbygracealone
02-06-2007, 08:53 PM
are you inferring that the covenant that Christ made WITH HIS CHURCH is able to be broken?

by church, i mean the TRUE church of Christ (those whom have been purchased with a price and have the seal of the Holy Spirit as a downpayment for riches in heaven)

Gloria
02-06-2007, 09:28 PM

To me it implies it. Like an insurance policy. I don't think Christians should enter marriages with divorce in mind. If you aren't supposed to get divorced, what's the point in even going there...

Gloria
02-06-2007, 09:31 PM
no, a prenuptial agreement is evidence that a divorce was already almost certain

prenupts dont make people likely to get divorced

people likely to get divorced make prenupts

please... dont take it as an attack, im only answering because you asked

Good point.

pchild
02-06-2007, 11:12 PM
are you inferring that the covenant that Christ made WITH HIS CHURCH is able to be broken?

by church, i mean the TRUE church of Christ (those whom have been purchased with a price and have the seal of the Holy Spirit as a downpayment for riches in heaven)

this is actually another topic within itself ;)

pchild
02-06-2007, 11:13 PM

good point*

tlr
02-07-2007, 08:17 AM
yes and it is is foolishness.
peace

pchild
02-07-2007, 10:51 AM
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

bUmP

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

ROB
02-07-2007, 11:38 AM
What's good brother Rob!

Out of curiosity, are you using the Ezekiel passage in conjunction w/ this subject to speak of REWARDS or SALVATION.

The Bible makes a distinction between the two, so I'm curious as to how you're applying Ezekiel. In your view, is Ezekiel talking about rewards, or salvation?

A text I have in mind is:

1 Corinthians 3:15
If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as through fire.

What's up brother Tony.

Actually the text in Ezekiel seems to be talking about salvation, not just their works. The reason I say this is because of Ezekiel 3:21.

21"However, if you have (W)warned the righteous man that the righteous should not sin and he does not sin, he shall surely live because he took warning; and you have delivered yourself."

In the KJV it says, and you have delivered your soul. In 1 Corinthians 3 it specifically says "works" so that passage is definitely talking about works.

In Ezekiel 33 he restates the same thing that chapter 3 does and I don't see anything about "works" in Ezekiel. I can post Ezekiel 33 if you'd like me to or you can post it and then tell what you believe he's talking about.

I'm sure it's no secret that I have always had a problem with the thought that if a person is truly with God that they cannot depart from OR if we depart from Him He will always come and put us back on the path even if we don't want to go, as if He's going to force us to go to Heaven.

I see it more like if we are truly the church we will remain with Him. In essence, He will keep the ones who continue to obey Him. If the true "church" falls, they will get back up and run to God with works mete for repentance every time, not with just mere words. That's the true church. I do believe it is possible to be with God at one time and then be out because you willfuly departed from the living God and refused corection and refused to truthfully repent.

Scriptures like the ones in Ezekiel 3 and 33 are some of the reasons why, but of course I'm open to listen to you, bro.

ROB
02-07-2007, 11:46 AM

Was this to me, Miss Jolene?

If so here is what I would say to that. NO!! God made a promise to the TRUE CHURCH and that promise will remain. What I believe is that we can be "within" the confines of that promise at one time, but if we refuse to continue to walk with Him we will be left outside of that promise. The TRUE CHURCH of course will be in because they will continue to get back up if they fall.

Remember the parable of the 10 virgins spoken of in Matthew 25:1-13? They were all indeed virgins (or saved) waiting for the bridgegroom (Jesus), but 5 were wise and 5 were unwise and the unwise ones got left because they got off focus. I don't wanna be in that category.

BTW, I was hurt because you didn't add me as a friend on MySpace. Just because we don't agree on everything at this point in time doesn't mean we can't be friends. :o :)

savedbygracealone
02-07-2007, 12:00 PM
awwww i didnt? i'm sorry! its probably i didnt recognize you! i'm sorry... please send the invite again! or link me and i'll add you! :o sorry about that, rob!

in regards to my question, it was more of an open question for anyone, but thanks for answering it.

my point is this: in the same way that the TRUE CHURCH will always be a part of the covenant that is made with Jesus, thus being the eternal bride of Christ, who will never leave nor forsake us, it is the same with our marriages. They should reveal this same level of committment, and not only that, in our marriage, there was no prenupt, because there is no divorce... feel me? :o

ROB
02-07-2007, 07:00 PM
awwww i didnt? i'm sorry! its probably i didnt recognize you! i'm sorry... please send the invite again! or link me and i'll add you! :o sorry about that, rob!

in regards to my question, it was more of an open question for anyone, but thanks for answering it.

my point is this: in the same way that the TRUE CHURCH will always be a part of the covenant that is made with Jesus, thus being the eternal bride of Christ, who will never leave nor forsake us, it is the same with our marriages. They should reveal this same level of committment, and not only that, in our marriage, there was no prenupt, because there is no divorce... feel me? :o

I DO!!:D ;)

.....and I also agree. :)