PDA

View Full Version : bedroom privacy

yellow_glass27
02-02-2007, 10:20 PM
as a christian. if you were a parent how would you feel about closed bedroom doors. some parents dont like it bc they think their child is going to be up to masturbating or some other sexual act. however this is not always true. I persoanlly can put up with it but ONLY to a certain extent. it dont need to be closed 24/7. random i know but I just like to hear other ppls views.

Devin
02-02-2007, 10:23 PM
well sir.a kid is gonna do it eitherway.its not just the bedroom.the fact that parents think they can keep their kids from somehow discovering sexuality or noticing their own sexual desires is pretty foolish and ignorant.i think parents should just deal with it and have regular discussions with their kids about sex and the way God intended for this gift to be used.

yellow_glass27
02-02-2007, 10:27 PM
well sir.a kid is gonna do it eitherway.its not just the bedroom.the fact that parents think they can keep their kids from somehow discovering sexuality or noticing their own sexual desires is pretty foolish and ignorant.i think parents should just deal with it and have regular discussions with their kids about sex and the way God intended for this gift to be used.

agreed. am I trying to condone it. NO! but the good news is most ppl outgrow that anyway. but I think that it's dumb to act that way bc if they cant go to their room they just gonna sneak off somewhere else. and also to assume that that's what all kids do in their bedrooms is a stereotype. wow ive never gotten an answer to a question that quickly:)

tlr
02-05-2007, 09:47 AM
we have an open door policy so doors are never shut unless there are vistors. We have instill trust into our kids which must always be both ways. love has a price.

peace

ctide
02-05-2007, 10:18 AM

yo loot, you my boy but..........

i dont think "that parents think they can keep their kids from somehow discovering sexuality or noticing their own sexual desires."

maybe some weird amish folks, but I dont have any friends or family that believe they can keep there kids from sexual intrest and drive

however, its perfectly reasonable for a parent to not give there kids opportunity to sin... just cause "everyone does it"

fact is, I never had issues with masterbating when i was a young man... i had other lust issues and I wasnt perfect, but i didnt struggle with that

open discussion with your kids about sex and purity and God's law will keep them from the mindset that "everyones doing it"

yellow_glass27
02-05-2007, 02:49 PM
yo loot, you my boy but..........

i dont think "that parents think they can keep their kids from somehow discovering sexuality or noticing their own sexual desires."

maybe some weird amish folks, but I dont have any friends or family that believe they can keep there kids from sexual intrest and drive

however, its perfectly reasonable for a parent to not give there kids opportunity to sin... just cause "everyone does it"

fact is, I never had issues with masterbating when i was a young man... i had other lust issues and I wasnt perfect, but i didnt struggle with that

open discussion with your kids about sex and purity and God's law will keep them from the mindset that "everyones doing it"

CONGRADULATIONS!!! that is a great job. i have to applaud u that u didnt have that issue:)

but I dont think open discussion is going to so much as keep them thinking "everyones doing it". they DO need to have SOME knowledge from their parents.

topherstyles
02-05-2007, 03:00 PM
heres one:
Should Fathers talk to their sons about masturbation ? Like how to avoid getting involved with it?
And should Mothers do the same for their daughters?

ctide
02-05-2007, 03:04 PM
CONGRADULATIONS!!! that is a great job. i have to applaud u that u didnt have that issue:)

i appreciated that, but i had major lust and other sexual issues outside of that, just letting yall know there are more then on way to give into lust

but I dont think open discussion is going to so much as keep them thinking "everyones doing it". they DO need to have SOME knowledge from their parents.

i agree, i said open discussion is good... it will keep them FROM thinking "everyones doing it" ;)

parent's imput is there right and duty (even if the kids get ticked)

ctide
02-05-2007, 03:05 PM
heres one:
Should Fathers talk to their sons about masturbation ? Like how to avoid getting involved with it?

yes!

StreetSermonz
02-05-2007, 03:52 PM
heres one:
Should Fathers talk to their sons about masturbation?
as long as it is done correctly, as you said how to avoid it. My father told me it was a good thing. :eek:

Growing up I always had bedroom privacy, but I grew up with my mother and VERY independent. I never thought about this issue before, but it is something I may have to deal with once I have kids of my own.

yellow_glass27
02-05-2007, 08:30 PM
i appreciated that, but i had major lust and other sexual issues outside of that, just letting yall know there are more then on way to give into lust

i agree, i said open discussion is good... it will keep them FROM thinking "everyones doing it" ;)

parent's imput is there right and duty (even if the kids get ticked)

yes there are but i still have to applaud you for not having trouble with masturbation. that's something most guys cant say and half probably (even though they won't admit it) wish they COULD say.

yellow_glass27
02-05-2007, 08:32 PM
heres one:

yes they should. I mean lets face it. we are all going to have to have that talk about sex with our kids once they hit puberty.