PDA

View Full Version : First Friday Fundamentals- Phily

Believin Stephen
02-01-2007, 12:49 PM
Is happening again this month on Groundhog Day which is tomorrow night.

Starting time: LORD willing at 8 pm. (with strong emphasis on Lord willing..lol)

Where: Epiphany @ 17 th and Diamond in N.Philly

Theme: Salvation

Who all from HCR is planning on going?

Redeemed
02-01-2007, 01:10 PM
I can't make, but I can and will pray for the service.

Psalmist
02-01-2007, 03:38 PM
Can't make it fam...show in Jersey tomorrow.....too many events in Philly on First fridays now:
Greater Exodus (Broad and Fairmount)
Enon (forgot their new address)
FFF
Church on the Water (pretty close in Jersey)

Making a pick is kinda hard sometimes.

TrueConvert
02-01-2007, 04:07 PM
Definitely trying to be up there within the next few months..............Difficult from VA. However, SE and I are still considering the big moooooooooove to Philly!!!

Redeemed
02-02-2007, 07:17 AM
Who is the featured artist @ FFF?

Who's preaching?

Will there be a video?

e-pistle
02-02-2007, 09:22 AM
Ima be tired after workin 10 hrs, but I'll be there!

Azriel
02-02-2007, 10:01 AM
Bring FFF to KC..quit sleepin S.Dot!

e-pistle
02-02-2007, 11:28 AM
Yo, I just got word (Im always last to know!!!) that R-Swift will be spittin @ 2nights FFF!!! Should be dope, the last one wit Christcentric was my first FFF @ epiphany and it was hot, so I look forward to this one also.

Wuddup S.Dot!!!

Redeemed
02-02-2007, 11:41 AM
Yo, I just got word (Im always last to know!!!) that R-Swift will be spittin @ 2nights FFF!!! Should be dope, the last one wit Christcentric was my first FFF @ epiphany and it was hot, so I look forward to this one also.

Wuddup S.Dot!!!

Who will be bringing the Word tonight E?

The Christcentric was my 1st FFF too. Q brought a really timely word.

e-pistle
02-02-2007, 12:02 PM
Who will be bringing the Word tonight E?

The Christcentric was my 1st FFF too. Q brought a really timely word.

Yo I aint even sure...most likely it will be Shai cuz Swift told me he was only asked to rhyme. Shai used to bring the word @ the old FFF location in west philly. I think Q stepped in last time because of the technical difficulty wit the dvd player thing they were about to do. Q did bring it tho

Redeemed
02-02-2007, 12:04 PM
Yo I aint even sure...most likely it will be Shai cuz Swift told me he was only asked to rhyme. Shai used to bring the word @ the old FFF location in west philly. I think Q stepped in last time because of the technical difficulty wit the dvd player thing they were about to do. Q did bring it tho

Actually shai asked him in advance to bring the Word, so I just wondering if he asked the artist or some minister to bring it this time too.

StreetSermonz
02-02-2007, 12:04 PM
Times like this I wish I lived in Philly....

I need to come up and visit one of these days.

DJ KriTiKul
02-02-2007, 12:14 PM
Times like this I wish I lived in Philly....

I need to come up and visit one of these days.

Really! I would probably be a member at Epiphany. I consider myself an unofficial member...(I listen to the podcasts ALL the time)

clayfilms
02-02-2007, 12:19 PM
Ima try and make it out...

StreetSermonz
02-02-2007, 12:22 PM
Really! I would probably be a member at Epiphany. I consider myself an unofficial member...(I listen to the podcasts ALL the time)

we should take a road trip up there one of these days, or at least fly there, when it gets warmer.

savedbygracealone
02-02-2007, 12:32 PM
Ima try and make it out...

awe man, why are you going the one time we're not going???

clayfilms
02-02-2007, 02:15 PM
i'm still not sure..depends on the weather...

maybe yall should come out....

Rikki
02-02-2007, 02:36 PM
One day..I'ma come to Philly and attend an FFF. One day....

Mac the doulos
02-02-2007, 03:12 PM
shai is bring forth the scripture at FFF this go around...

DJ KriTiKul
02-05-2007, 10:15 AM
we should take a road trip up there one of these days, or at least fly there, when it gets warmer.

Really

eve
02-05-2007, 10:51 AM
i heard great things from a couple of different people about how FFF went this time around. any testimonies about how it blessed you who went?

Redeemed
02-05-2007, 10:51 AM
shai is bring forth the scripture at FFF this go around...

Thank you brother.

Can we get an update?

How was the worship service?

clayfilms
02-05-2007, 12:33 PM
it was dope...

on the bus ride down there i got to build with this 50 something year old women named greta who just got out of jail and rehab and was on her way to jersey to start a new life..living with her son..i got to share the gospel with her..she seemed very receptive... please pray 4 greta salvation

the fff was dope..swift started the evening out with 2 songs.."by any means necessary and where's love".(2 of my favorites off the project)..and even did an impromptu interview with shai linne so that cats could get to know the dude who was going to minister in song..

then shai basically lead us into the meat of the evening..which was to build to the topic of salvation...

so shai showed 2 short movie clips and proceeded to use them to show us some key elements of salvation and how unlike the saviors in the movie, only Jesus is the perfect savior..i'm leaving alot out...but it was real rich..one thing i did come away with was a greater sense of the eternal wrath of God and propitatiatory sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

shai was talking about how even tho humanity has to face the world, the flesh and the devil..the worst thing that we'll ever have to face is the wrath of God and then he started building on how God's wrath is an eternal wrath...an eternal wrath...how in 3 hours on the cross God poured out an eternity's worth of his fiery wrath on his only begotten son...and pointed us to this scripture to really help us to get a sense of Gods wrath

Eze 22:18 "Son of man, the house of Israel has become dross to me; all of them are bronze and tin and iron and lead in the furnace; they are dross of silver. 19 Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: Because you have all become dross, therefore, behold, I will gather you into the midst of Jerusalem. 20 As one gathers silver and bronze and iron and lead and tin into a furnace, to blow the fire on it in order to melt it, so I will gather you in my anger and in my wrath, and I will put you in and melt you. 21 I will gather you and blow on you with the fire of my wrath, and you shall be melted in the midst of it. 22 As silver is melted in a furnace, so you shall be melted in the midst of it, and you shall know that I am the LORD; I have poured out my wrath upon you."

it was just incredibly beautiful and humbling to contemplate the sheer terror of Gods wrath and that the sinless, spotless lamb of God bore that fiery wrath that I deserve in my place...what a love!! what a love!!

then after that ...swift came back and closed out the evening with "thankful" (that song is crazy..especially when the beat switches upo at the end) ...dope time had by all....

eve
02-05-2007, 12:59 PM
thanks for the breakdown, yolanda!

shai was talking about how even tho humanity has to face the world, the flesh and the devil..the worst thing that we'll ever have to face is the wrath of God and then he started building on how God's wrath is an eternal wrath...an eternal wrath...how in 3 hours on the cross God poured out an eternity's worth of his fiery wrath on his only begotten son...and pointed us to this scripture to really help us to get a sense of Gods wrath

HEAVY.