PDA

View Full Version : African Americans Dramatize......

Lady Car
01-21-2007, 12:48 PM
THE HOLY SCRIPTURES................

"The Bible Experience"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_OCovT8Y68

Thoughts? Comments?

TheRealPae
01-21-2007, 01:21 PM
All Im going to say that, just because a mess load of celebs participated in the reading doesnt interest me into going to buy this Bible Audio.

Too me its just a marketing strat, and Im not cool with a mess of people who claim or not to be Christians participating in this!

Just my opinion, and to me its not a matter of African Americans, or any race for that matter!! I can read the Word, and If some celb reading it to me is gonna motivate me to listen, then what is my motive!! Some of them are just plain secular cats!

Won

nygurl
01-21-2007, 01:32 PM
All Im going to say that, just because a mess load of celebs participated in the reading doesnt interest me into going to buy this Bible Audio.

Too me its just a marketing strat, and Im not cool with a mess of people who claim or not to be Christians participating in this!

Just my opinion, and to me its not a matter of African Americans, or any race for that matter!! I can read the Word, and If some celb reading it to me is gonna motivate me to listen, then what is my motive!! Some of them are just plain secular cats!

Won
Yea I agree

tlr
01-21-2007, 02:54 PM
interesting point...

MoeMan
01-21-2007, 03:01 PM
Well there was something about the old James Earl Jones reading the KJV Bible back in the day that was appealing. I mean who wouldn't want to hear JEJ smooth deep voice while sleeping lol.

Not I says this Cat.

Yeah it's a gimmick. I wouldn't buy it but would listen to it just to see if it's of any benefit.

Tarii_2sweet
01-21-2007, 04:13 PM
I'm not judging anyone. I dont know there relationship with God.

simplyG
01-21-2007, 04:34 PM
The irony would supporting someone who is a non-believer simply because they were paid to read the bible...

I mean, Beyonce has a nice voice--would I support a bible with her readings on it?...:confused:

Elekt
01-21-2007, 07:58 PM
i dont know, i think they are trying to take the WORD out of the word....i don't know if that made sense. it seems like their trying to further commercialize and exploit the bible. i mean with cats reading it aloud, that can take away from SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH context, history, and meaning in scriptures. there will be no expounding, no exegeting, nothing, i mean it appears that nothing is wrong with it, im just confused on what its motives will be, ya dig???:confused:

Shock~Therapy
01-22-2007, 02:10 AM
i dont know, i think they are trying to take the WORD out of the word....i don't know if that made sense. it seems like their trying to further commercialize and exploit the bible. i mean with cats reading it aloud, that can take away from SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH context, history, and meaning in scriptures. there will be no expounding, no exegeting, nothing, i mean it appears that nothing is wrong with it, im just confused on what its motives will be, ya dig???:confused:

Beyond that what people fail to realize is that reading the Word with wrong motives and ill intent can be a dangerous thing. Especially through a dramatic reading, cats can emphasize certain words over others, causing certain scripture to be downplayed and given highlight to other verses. I haven't got an audio bible yet and I mos def will NOT be copping this one.

DJ Wade-O
01-22-2007, 09:03 PM
Its funny at times. But i like it alot.

But some of the choices of folks doesnt sit right with me. Like cats who curse and what not in their songs or movies.

JADubZ
01-22-2007, 10:11 PM

Won

I'm not quite sure what to say on this board any more.

When I got into HHH music, I new we were a moving spirit. Going to da hood and places where so called True Christians go.

When did we get to be soooo... great?

Christ won me back through Muhhamad Ali !!!

What is more important the message or the messenger?

Why did you, or T.D. Jakes, or your pastor, or your church or, your closest friends not re-vamp the living bible for the new culture.

Why are you not the new fresh voice? Wit maby some tight drumloops, or just the powerful way you speak. ( James E. Jones )

I really not juming on you but rather all of us. Are we really talking about this.
What are we doing to win for Christ.

The game is always been the same, just new players. Wit a new perception.

Where are our new players?

One love

TheRealPae
01-24-2007, 03:12 PM
I'm not quite sure what to say on this board any more.

When I got into HHH music, I new we were a moving spirit. Going to da hood and places where so called True Christians go.

When did we get to be soooo... great?

Christ won me back through Muhhamad Ali !!!

What is more important the message or the messenger?

Why did you, or T.D. Jakes, or your pastor, or your church or, your closest friends not re-vamp the living bible for the new culture.

Why are you not the new fresh voice? Wit maby some tight drumloops, or just the powerful way you speak. ( James E. Jones )

I really not juming on you but rather all of us. Are we really talking about this.
What are we doing to win for Christ.

The game is always been the same, just new players. Wit a new perception.

Where are our new players?

One love

However, you dont know our efforts to reach the lost, and therefore, you wanna listen Earl E Jones read to you the Bible fine, I dont need an exquisite voice or drum beats to get me into my Word!! If Earl aint a Christian why would I want him to read The Word to me???

Thats my OP homey, thats all good though, if anyone is cool with it, then let it be, I can read for myself, and I dont need some unregenarate to feed me the Word!!

WON for that!

CHEMAelMC
01-24-2007, 03:36 PM

Won

Wouldn't it be the same for The Passion of The Christ??? All of the actors and actresses were secular, but still the movie presented the Gospel, and I know God used that movie to reach a lot of people. (just my point of view)

JARZJR
01-24-2007, 03:46 PM
Wouldn't it be the same for The Passion of The Christ??? All of the actors and actresses were secular, but still the movie presented the Gospel, and I know God used that movie to reach a lot of people. (just my point of view)

True, CHEMA, true...

TheRealPae
01-24-2007, 04:43 PM

Let me say this, when it comes to a movie like the passion, and im not even a fan of the movie, but the characters are taking roles and there are costumes involved and all, I didnt even know most of the actors in the movie, not even the Caviesel (or however you spell it) dude, I see that movie and I see a portrayal, but listening to voices Im familiar with, and I know that they arent even practicing Christians, sorry that dont cut it for me. The movie was even done in a foreign language which takes more away from the actors, again Im not tying to justify my prior views or whatnot, the passion for me, knowing, researching, and studying the actual Scriptures and extrabiblical materials when it comes to the last 12 hrs of Christ werent even done justice in the movie.

And again, hey you cool with it, FINE!! I aint kicking it fam!! You listen to Sammy, Angie and Cuba read you a bed time story, Im cool reading it myself, or having my wife, a sanctified woman of God read it to me!!

WON, Son!