PDA

View Full Version : American Idol: Does anybody watch?

Rikki
01-16-2007, 11:20 AM
I love this show. I watch every episode. I used to review the performances on my site..but for me to do that this year, the final 12 would have to be phenomenal.

anyhoo....anybody on here that I can talk about this season with?

son of man
01-16-2007, 11:22 AM
that's my show right there;)

LaRosa
01-16-2007, 11:26 AM
i only like the first few episodes so that i can laugh at all the ppl that can't sing... other than that, i don't really care for the show

lj.

Rikki
01-16-2007, 11:27 AM
I suppose because I sing, I'm very interested in critiquing the performances, and because I've always been too OLD to tryout! :mad:

nygurl
01-16-2007, 11:35 AM
I watch da first couple of episodes n da last couple of episodes.

Single Eye
01-17-2007, 03:15 PM
sooo, did anyone watch last night?

Rikki
01-17-2007, 03:16 PM
Most definitely. I was laughing the entire time. Season what? SIX..and folk who can't sing still think that they can. *smh*

LUPE
01-17-2007, 03:20 PM
I like American Idol.

I like the idea of discovering talented singers. It's cool.

Single Eye
01-17-2007, 03:27 PM
Most definitely. I was laughing the entire time. Season what? SIX..and folk who can't sing still think that they can. *smh*

we recorded it on the dvr so we didn't have to watch all the commercials. but yeah, i was sooo glad that girl who had a rough childhood and was born from an addict, made it!!

The_Expositor
01-17-2007, 03:31 PM
Other than the fact that we're captivated by a show called "American IDOL", it's a funny show and some of the contestants are very talented. They've got more courage than me, though. I don't know if I'd want to sit under such scrutiny of the judges. Wow. If we think Simon's bad.........I thank God I won't be seeing the Great White Throne....

lisajames96
01-17-2007, 03:39 PM
I love this show. I watch every episode. I used to review the performances on my site..but for me to do that this year, the final 12 would have to be phenomenal.

anyhoo....anybody on here that I can talk about this season with?

I started to watch last night, but then quickly remembered why I stop watching till the talent pool gets better. I sing too, but I just dont like the fact that they knowing let some of those folks through just so the wolrd can pick on them and laugh at them. I know, I know...some of them know they cant sing and are just trying to get attention. But alot actually felt that they had a chance cause they have to go though many other auditions by the time you can even think you would sing in front of the idol judges. So some people never know if they are going through to just be the butt of a joke or that they are actually talented. But that is the nature of our voyerism. It was funny to me until I found out that it's just staged...but I am excited to hear the talented artist compete this season. The young lady with the straight blonde hair, she sang a country song...i will be interested to see how far she goes...and what did yall think about the young lady that had her boss fly her out...she really wasnt that bad when she sang to ol boy...lol

Rikki, i am glad you said you were a singer, cause I remember looking at your avatar sometimes and saying, she look like she can sing(don't ask, sometimes other singers just get that feeling), but I never had the nerve to ask ya.

The_Expositor
01-17-2007, 03:53 PM
Dag, nobody ever looked at my avatar and said, "He looks like he can sing..." Now I'm sad.

Just kidding. I think the ill effects of the self-esteem movement are apparent on American Idol. If I can't sing, I hope that my friends and family would love me enough to tell me the truth instead of trying to pad my ego, which needs to die anyway.

lisajames96
01-17-2007, 04:04 PM
Dag, nobody ever looked at my avatar and said, "He looks like he can sing..." Now I'm sad.

Just kidding. I think the ill effects of the self-esteem movement are apparent on American Idol. If I can't sing, I hope that my friends and family would love me enough to tell me the truth instead of trying to pad my ego, which needs to die anyway.

naw, you looklike like you ready to get in trouble after that picture was taken. I saw that other pic with you play-play firing your guns cowboy...lol...

oh, yeah folks will boast you up sometimes causethey don't have the heart to tell you the truth, or that you have demostrated to them in the past that you can't handle the truth, so they just tell you something good...lol...the girls I grew up with in the church would tell you quick if you were off, so we actually learned to sing better...constructive criticism...go figure

RJ of MMM
01-17-2007, 05:25 PM
I watch, and dang near almost took the trip to Memphis to tryout (sshhhh, and yall ain't going to make me sing at the next fellowhsips either :P )

Tis a fun show, but going way too much towards flash in the pan artists, and not towards those that can do a lasting sound. One can at least say that most of the winners end up having a nice character (here and there). It will be interesting to see where this year's group goes.

The_Expositor
01-17-2007, 05:34 PM
I watch, and dang near almost took the trip to Memphis to tryout (sshhhh, and yall ain't going to make me sing at the next fellowhsips either :P )

Tis a fun show, but going way too much towards flash in the pan artists, and not towards those that can do a lasting sound. One can at least say that most of the winners end up having a nice character (here and there). It will be interesting to see where this year's group goes.

Hey, it's RJ of mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....yeah, they told me about that...lol. Oh, and you WILL sing at the next fellowship. Sorry SE. I hate to do that to you, but I gotta see if dude can blow...lol Hope it doesn't like sounding brass and tinkling cymbals....a bunch of noise....just kidding, fam.

Rikki
01-17-2007, 05:36 PM
I'm just mad that I've always been to old to try out. I ain't scurred of Simon. LOL!

The_Expositor
01-17-2007, 05:39 PM
I'm just mad that I've always been to old to try out. I ain't scurred of Simon. LOL!

Yeah, me too. People are always like, "You're wasting your talent!" I say, "Uh no...I'm just properly allocating it for the Lord's purpose and usefulness!!"

Glory Hallelujah!!!! *reminiscently breaks out in a praise dance and shout*

Rikki
01-17-2007, 05:45 PM
Yeah, me too. People are always like, "You're wasting your talent!" I say, "Uh no...I'm just properly allocating it for the Lord's purpose and usefulness!!"

Exactly! :)

Single Eye
01-17-2007, 07:04 PM

i would love for us to have a praise "session" to focus on the Lord using our gifts during the fellowship! it'd only be right! :D uh oh, rj....you still coming??

RJ of MMM
01-17-2007, 08:14 PM
i would love for us to have a praise "session" to focus on the Lord using our gifts during the fellowship! it'd only be right! :D uh oh, rj....you still coming??

You all are hosting, so you direct the flow of things that go on in UR HOUSE ;)

As for singing, it would be a nice break from the normal DC Metro fellowships to do so.

As for getting me to sing...ask the Lord if that's what He wills :p