PDA

View Full Version : Co-worker considering abortion

Rikki
12-28-2006, 05:54 PM
I'm the office manager at a daycare. One of our teachers, 28 years old, is pregnant..currently 4 months along. Was going to get an abortion at 2 months, but changed her mind. We talked about that after the fact, and she told me that as far as she was concerned this is HER baby, no matter what. Cool. I was glad she thought that way.

Fast forward to this week: She's 4 months along. My director, boss and good friend informs me that "Shelly" has changed her mind and has an appointment to have an abortion TOMORROW at 9am. Man...my heart dropped. She's showing..everyone knows she's pregnant. I couldn't understand why the change of heart! I knew my director wanted me to talk to her, because she tried and couldn't convince her to change her mind. My director even offered to adopt the baby, but Shelly was adamant!

So I prayed. I asked the Lord to give me the words to say...because I knew I had to say something. I couldn't let her leave today without trying to get her to change her mind.

I talked to her for 45 minutes. For a minute, it seemed like no matter what I said, she understood it, but not enough to change her mind. But then I realized I was trying to appeal to her on a RATIONAL level. I switched up and began asking her about her relationship with the Lord. That's when it came out: She's had miscarriages before, always around the 5th month...and she was scared to death it would happen again. There were other "reasons"...but this was the main one.

I talked to her about how she doesn't have to be fearful if she places her trust in Jesus..how she can't control the situation herself. I let her know that I wasn't somebody who had everything easy and trying to talk down at her. The Lord led me to share that I had been molested when I was young....which nobody would ever guess...just to show her what trusting in God can do. At the end I prayed with her and asked God to reveal Himself to her in the midst of this situation.

I can't say everything I shared with her or I'll be typing all day. What I really want to say is GLORY TO GOD for using me to get through to her...because by the time I was done, she said she wasn't going to go through with it, and that she would be here at work tomorrow morning, instead of at the abortion clinic!!! God is SOOOOO WONDERFUL!!! I didn't know what I was gonna say to her..but He spoke...and it appears that she heard HIM!

I'm asking you guys to pray for her. She still has to make it through tonight. Please pray that she remembers what I said to her, that she prays, that she reads what I told her to read for starters: Psalm 27. Pray her strength, that she does what she said she would do: Show up for work tomorrow....pregnant. And also pray that God strengthens both me and my director in the months to come so that we can support and help her. Cuz after talking to her..I felt like I had worked OUT! :)

I know God didn't lead me to talk to her just so she would go ahead with it..but prayer NEVER hurts.

Thanks!

dogfight!
12-28-2006, 06:02 PM
praise God. Thats awesome. Saying a prayer.

BlackCalvinist
12-28-2006, 10:29 PM
praise God.

A large number of women miscarry at least once or twice before their first kid.

I know one family that had 5 miscarriages before their first child. Tell her to trust God....rather, continue to tell her to trust God. The pain from KILLING YOUR OWN CHILD will haunt and hurt her worse than any miscarriage.

montenell
12-29-2006, 03:21 AM
praying

Rikki
12-29-2006, 09:41 AM
I was supposed to get a phone call if she didn't show up for work today....I didn't get the call, so I'm assuming everything is well. I go in at 10, so we shall see.

Thanks...all of you...for praying. :)

Rikki
12-29-2006, 02:57 PM
She came to work. She seems to be in a good mood. She even came to my desk and sat and talked to me during her break...which she never has done before! Praise God!

Once again thanks for all of your prayers! I am just sitting here humbled that God chose to use me to save a life....that is AWESOME!! :D

thankfull
12-29-2006, 04:02 PM
Praise the Lord.....I pray that He keeps her and the baby's health and that she would be saved (if she isn't.)

shekinahsmoke
12-29-2006, 06:44 PM
hallelujah. and I'll keep her in prayer continually.

Rikki
01-03-2007, 10:57 AM
Update:

Shelly lost the baby on Sunday. She had been having pain on Friday, but did not tell us. She informed another coworker about it, but didn't want to tell me or my boss because she thought that we would think she was lying and had the abortion anywya. I heard this information from my boss, so I haven't gotten a chance to talk to her. Please KEEP her in prayer.

Devin
01-03-2007, 11:34 AM
Update:

Shelly lost the baby on Sunday. She had been having pain on Friday, but did not tell us. She informed another coworker about it, but didn't want to tell me or my boss because she thought that we would think she was lying and had the abortion anywya. I heard this information from my boss, so I haven't gotten a chance to talk to her. Please KEEP her in prayer.

:(

albraggs
01-03-2007, 05:12 PM
Update:

Thats very sad I keep her in prayers

rayz
01-22-2007, 01:19 PM
Rikki I am so sorry to hear that . I am still keeping her in my prayers .