PDA

View Full Version : Grandmother. Fall. Possible Stroke. Mother just called. Rushing out of the house.

BlackCalvinist
12-24-2006, 07:17 PM
Pray. :(

My last paper is due tonight as well and I was just about to start it.

I knew something was coming.

dremarshall
12-24-2006, 07:30 PM
Hey man I'm a pray for you & your fam, write that "A" paper, God is covering your family so don't stress knock it out & then see to your fam.

BlackCalvinist
12-24-2006, 07:41 PM
Yep. It's a stroke. Bad one too. Mother just called back on her way to the hospital.

On my way out the front door now.

LifeInReturn
12-24-2006, 07:50 PM
Aww, Kerr, you know I got you, fam. Praying now. Call me if you need me.

Rina_cz
12-24-2006, 07:55 PM
Just prayed for you Kerry. Keep us updated bruh.

montenell
12-24-2006, 08:05 PM
praying

Azriel
12-24-2006, 08:09 PM
praying..please give us an update bro...

i'm also praying for you and your paper!

love you!

Az

Rikki
12-24-2006, 08:10 PM
praying.

dremarshall
12-24-2006, 08:32 PM
Still praying man, I also pray for the peace of God for you ma & your family.

Shock~Therapy
12-24-2006, 08:40 PM
Pray. :(

My last paper is due tonight as well and I was just about to start it.

I knew something was coming.

praying for you and your family

jnorman888
12-24-2006, 09:48 PM
I'm praying for your Grandmother as well as your paper!

May the Lord be with her in her time of trouble. And may the Lord bless her Soul and help her in this time of need.

INLOVE Jnorm

desertwoman
12-24-2006, 10:14 PM
:( Gotcha!

Devin
12-24-2006, 10:48 PM
man....stay up kerry...

Lady Car
12-24-2006, 11:40 PM
you and your family in prayer!

BlackCalvinist
12-25-2006, 12:37 AM
Thanks folks :) You have no idea how much this means to me.

I briefly turned my phone on (sorry Jenn, in the hospital, had to turn the phone back off while you were calling) to send out a text message to everyone with a quick update (I'm on the hospital's wireless network right now).

They're thinking it might be a combo of a stroke AND a seizure brought on by the stroke, but they didn't find anything on the CAT scan or EKG (If I'm remembering everything they did this evening).

So they'll be giving her an EEG and MRI scan in the morning. I'm outside of her room right now (they're doing all of the 'nurse/female' stuff, so I'm sitting out here....).

On another note, my paper will be done within the hour. Thankfully, it's actually been a lot more peaceful here, although ma did go to tears once in prayer.

Thankfully, Granny's saved. :) My mother is overzealous (meaning she's one of those people that will do a 'way of the master' on you and just walk up to you and ask you whether or not you're saved and start sharing the gospel with you), so granny's had the gospel handed to her daily. :)

Keep my family in prayer. It's weird saying 'Merry Christmas' to the hospital folk.

Tha God In Me
12-25-2006, 12:41 AM
..Said a prayer for your Gram and family. God bless ya'll.

BlackCalvinist
12-25-2006, 01:37 AM
Mom says thanks. :) She's looking at my laptop screen.

LifeInReturn
12-25-2006, 01:45 AM
:)

Rina_cz
12-25-2006, 02:33 AM
Praise God Kerry. I hope they find out the problem and are able to help her asap.

3SpiritsEM
12-25-2006, 02:58 AM
Keep looking up bro, God Bless.

BlackCalvinist
12-25-2006, 04:36 AM
Back in the house (been in about an hour). From the looks of things, it probably was a stroke. My mother mentioned to me that when she found my grandmother when she got back home, granny was trying to pull herself up with one arm and the other arm was just hanging limp.

*sigh*

Okay, I think I'm going to get some sleep. It's going to be a weird Christmas....

Thanks again for all the prayers and phone calls and text messages and the posts here. :) You guys seriously have helped. :)

eve
12-25-2006, 07:39 AM
still prayng, bro. thanks for the updates! God is real, bro, keep pressin' in prayer.

btw ... i know your paper will be off the charts!

:)

DJ Links
12-25-2006, 08:07 AM
First time back on since last night and now just seeing your update. Thanks!!! Sent up some serious prayer for her last night. Prayed for full restoration internally and of all of her extremities and believe that it's gonna happen!!!

Links

clayfilms
12-25-2006, 10:30 AM
God is able! Praise the Lord for his faithfulness in ALL things.

Thankfully, Granny's saved. My mother is overzealous (meaning she's one of those people that will do a 'way of the master' on you and just walk up to you and ask you whether or not you're saved and start sharing the gospel with you), so granny's had the gospel handed to her daily.

ayo...that hospital staff better watch out...walking all through dem halls on they shiiift, having no idea that blackcalvinist and momma black calvinist are up there at any moment capable of hitting them with a holy ghost 2 piece and a biscuit...LOL

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose."

MERRY CHRISTMAS BRO! I'm still praying..

thankfull
12-25-2006, 10:37 AM
praying for you and grandma

illuminaticx
12-25-2006, 11:42 AM
Hope that all goes well with your Grandma. I'll lift her up. Sorry to hear about what happened but I'm happy to hear that she's on fire for Christ! Praise God. :o Have a blessd Christmas Kerry. God Bless,

J =]

montenell
12-25-2006, 12:47 PM
Thankfully, Granny's saved. :) My mother is overzealous (meaning she's one of those people that will do a 'way of the master' on you and just walk up to you and ask you whether or not you're saved and start sharing the gospel with you), so granny's had the gospel handed to her daily. :)

Keep my family in prayer. It's weird saying 'Merry Christmas' to the hospital folk.

Thats a blessing to have a saved family, still praying for you all, that all will be well

CHRISTion
12-25-2006, 02:26 PM
May God be praised for His faithfulness. Kerry, you and your family are in my prayers. I hope all goes well with your paper as well. If you just need someone to talk to (or vent to) you know how to reach me.

Bless you :)

Single Eye
12-25-2006, 03:20 PM
God is able! Praise the Lord for his faithfulness in ALL things.

ayo...that hospital staff better watch out...walking all through dem halls on they shiiift, having no idea that blackcalvinist and momma black calvinist are up there at any moment capable of hitting them with a holy ghost 2 piece and a biscuit...LOL

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose."

MERRY CHRISTMAS BRO! I'm still praying..

wow, if you didn't pull that right outta my brain :D

and BC! glory to God for all things!! praying that your grandmother is strengthened in her body and spirit, that your mother, yourself and rest of the immediate fam is given peace and that the Lord will use this time of vulnerability to make Himself known to them!

love in Christ
Misha and DeJuan

StreetSermonz
12-25-2006, 05:52 PM
I've been praying for you and your fam since this morning, thanks for the updates Kerry. I pray that in the midst of all that is going on, the grace and peace of God will rest in your household and that the Comforter will continue to keep you and your family. I'm also thanking God for giving you the strength and knowledge to get that paper done! Much love fam.

Ely
12-25-2006, 06:21 PM
Back in the house (been in about an hour). From the looks of things, it probably was a stroke. My mother mentioned to me that when she found my grandmother when she got back home, granny was trying to pull herself up with one arm and the other arm was just hanging limp.

*sigh*

Okay, I think I'm going to get some sleep. It's going to be a weird Christmas....

Thanks again for all the prayers and phone calls and text messages and the posts here. :) You guys seriously have helped. :)Ah, caught this one late. But you're In my prayers bro. Shalom to you and your whole family.

Ely

BlackCalvinist
12-25-2006, 09:57 PM
From my latest blog entry:

Granny's asleep right now.

She'd been sedated most of the day and they've been giving her medicine for stroke and a seizure that was triggered by the stroke (or was it a stroke that was triggered by the seizure ?). She got up and requested some water, but they have to keep her 'empty' for the most part until tomorrow when they do the MRI and EEG scans. Meanwhile, they're keeping her hydrated and fed via IV.

THANK YOU from both myself and my mother for all of the posts on message boards, prayer, text messages, voice messages and support. We're not out of the woods on Granny yet, so just keep her in your prayers. She's 83 and her health has been gradually getting worse over the past 7-8 years or so. And all of the 'major' illnesses always seem to come around Christmas. She may also be having a recurring episode of pneumonia.

I am tired. (physically)

I got my paper done last night, thanks to the hospital's wireless network, so praise God I am done with EDU 520. I think EDU 521 starts next week. Probably overall some of my best work - ever. Unfortunately, the sheer amount of energy it took to stay focused and get my paper done and handle everything else as of late has drained me. It took me 3 hours to put on socks today and I never made it out of the house (I got up around noon, got in the house around 3:30-4:00 am after dropping mom home) to go see my niece, brother or my father.

desertwoman
12-25-2006, 10:04 PM
Always keeping you lifted.

shekinahsmoke
12-26-2006, 07:52 AM
yo fam. sorry to hear that. I'll keep her in prayer.

RJ of MMM
12-26-2006, 11:07 AM
Just got the message, praying bro

Ed SizzaHanz
12-26-2006, 12:54 PM
I'm a little late, but praying nonetheless.

BlackCalvinist
01-28-2007, 09:43 AM
Quick update for everyone.

My grandmother was moved to a rehab facility around early January. She's been semi-okay there and was making some recovery.

I pretty much told my mother that the stroke was the start of the countdown.

Two days ago, my mother had to have them rush my grandmother to the hospital because of a very VERY bad UTI.

When she got to the hospital, her pulse was 170. After a few things they had to do (I'm not going to be graphic), they put her on some medication and brought her pulse down to 109. They're still trying to get her below 100.

She's been shaky over the past few days.

Well, they just called my mother (5 min ago) and told her that my grandmother's not breathing as well, so she has an oxygen mask on her now and blood thinners.

My grandmother taught me Psalm 23. I still have it memorized to this day because of her.

So prayers for my mother's strength as well as mine and that my grandmother's death would SHAKE UP MY UNCLES enough for them to realize their need for salvation.

I'm already thinking that I'll be the one doing my grandmother's eulogy....since I'm the default 'preacher' in the family.

You all know the drill if you've lost someone nearby.

Soli Deo Gloria,
K. Joel Gilliard

LaRosa
01-28-2007, 10:06 AM
will keep your family in prayer

lj.

dremarshall
01-28-2007, 10:10 AM
Quick update for everyone.

My grandmother was moved to a rehab facility around early January. She's been semi-okay there and was making some recovery.

I pretty much told my mother that the stroke was the start of the countdown.

Two days ago, my mother had to have them rush my grandmother to the hospital because of a very VERY bad UTI.

When she got to the hospital, her pulse was 170. After a few things they had to do (I'm not going to be graphic), they put her on some medication and brought her pulse down to 109. They're still trying to get her below 100.

She's been shaky over the past few days.

Well, they just called my mother (5 min ago) and told her that my grandmother's not breathing as well, so she has an oxygen mask on her now and blood thinners.

My grandmother taught me Psalm 23. I still have it memorized to this day because of her.

So prayers for my mother's strength as well as mine and that my grandmother's death would SHAKE UP MY UNCLES enough for them to realize their need for salvation.

I'm already thinking that I'll be the one doing my grandmother's eulogy....since I'm the default 'preacher' in the family.

You all know the drill if you've lost someone nearby.

Soli Deo Gloria,
K. Joel Gilliard
Yo I'm praying for you man, if you need to call me!

gospelmessenjah
01-28-2007, 11:04 AM
Praying fam:(

desertwoman
01-28-2007, 11:21 AM
Praying for you, your family, and for your uncles' awakening.

BlackCalvinist
01-28-2007, 12:00 PM
at the hospital now (wow, do they ALL have wifi now ?).

she's breathing a little rough.

she had low blood pressure the other day when she came in (45 over 15).

She's back up now around 185 over 50. Pulse is still hanging around 114-141. She's had an irregular heartbeat since she was younger.

Thanks for the prayers all.

Going back on hiatus from the board. You can check my blog (still linked in my signature) for updates and I'm usually on Yahoo! instant messenger in the evenings. Feel free to hit me up or leave a message.

God is still Sovereign. All of this falls within His plan for both myself, my mother and all those around us and related to the situation. Our best ultimate good and His ultimate and highest glory.

montenell
01-28-2007, 04:55 PM
praying for your family's strength and comfort. praying that your uncles will see the light and that God's will be done

Gloria
01-28-2007, 07:13 PM
Got you.

StreetSermonz
01-29-2007, 08:56 AM
I'm praying for you fam, stay strong!

shekinahsmoke
01-29-2007, 12:12 PM
I expect to hear a good report. I'll keep her and you all in prayer.

Redeemed
02-05-2007, 08:39 AM
BC's grandmother passed Saturday. Please continue to pray for him and his family during their time of mourning. Also it would be wonderful if you could shoot him a PM or an email to encourage him as well.

Grace & Peace

Redeemed