PDA

View Full Version : Timeshares

CHRISTion
12-21-2006, 11:45 AM
Hey guys...I was interested in looking into buying into a Timeshare since

#1-I'm single
#2-I'm about to get married
#3-I'm a few months from being almost completely debt free (:D PRAISE GOD!!!)
#4-I like to travel
#5-I heard they are cool & VERY beneficial

So anyway, I wanted to get some info from someone here that either has one or that knows someone that has them and wanted to share some plus and minuses about them...(you know, before I go to that presentation where they make it seem like you're a freaking idiot if you don't BUY THIS NOW!!!)

So, any info you could provide me would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Christ is Lord

The Saint
12-21-2006, 12:15 PM
If you can afford it...do it!...it is a great investment, especially since you like to travel...just make sure they offer you a good amount of weeks of shared time besides your home location...my wife and I almost did it but some other financial responsiblilities came up that prevented us from following through...but timeshares are dope...IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT!...but once it's paid off then all you pay is the yearly maintenance fee for your home location, and you own it for life...and you also get property tax write-offs since it is property you own...also you can sell weeks to friends, family, etc., and also give weeks as gifts...

I really see NO cons as long as you get with a good company...

dogfight!
12-21-2006, 12:18 PM
Hey guys...I was interested in looking into buying into a Timeshare since

#1-I'm single
#2-I'm about to get married
#3-I'm a few months from being almost completely debt free (:D PRAISE GOD!!!)
#4-I like to travel
#5-I heard they are cool & VERY beneficial

So anyway, I wanted to get some info from someone here that either has one or that knows someone that has them and wanted to share some plus and minuses about them...(you know, before I go to that presentation where they make it seem like you're a freaking idiot if you don't BUY THIS NOW!!!)

So, any info you could provide me would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Christ is Lord

Check with Azrial. I think he's trying to sell his.

CHRISTion
12-21-2006, 12:47 PM
If you can afford it...do it!...it is a great investment, especially since you like to travel...just make sure they offer you a good amount of weeks of shared time besides your home location...my wife and I almost did it but some other financial responsiblilities came up that prevented us from following through...but timeshares are dope...IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT!...but once it's paid off then all you pay is the yearly maintenance fee for your home location, and you own it for life...and you also get property tax write-offs since it is property you own...also you can sell weeks to friends, family, etc., and also give weeks as gifts...

I really see NO cons as long as you get with a good company...

yo thanks Saint. Any leads as far as a good company to check with? So far I've only found Worldmark.

The Saint
12-21-2006, 01:02 PM
yo thanks Saint. Any leads as far as a good company to check with? So far I've only found Worldmark.

Check any resorts in your area, most of them have some ties with a timeshare company, then from there it's just doing homework on them and sitting down and seeing what they have to offer for the best price...I suggest getting a smaller home location, like a single room (it's cheaper), because from there you can upgrade at other resorts...really you just need to sit down with them...

edDIE
12-21-2006, 01:48 PM
Yeah 4 real fam, looks like u need to holla at Azriel.

http://www.holycultureradio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12756

Azriel wrote:
Lastly: For our finances, please pray that we sell our house (its getting that bad fam..we gotta sell our house, in order to sell it we $$$ for closing costs..etc), please pray that we sell our Time Share. We own one in FLA and if we can sell it, it will HELP out tremendously.

ThaWatcher
12-21-2006, 02:43 PM
Timeshares are bad news. Most people just get sick of paying $200-500 a month for something they use once a year. Over the years, I've heard so many horror stories....I'll never buy a timeshare.

The Saint
12-21-2006, 03:04 PM
Timeshares are bad news. Most people just get sick of paying $200-500 a month for something they use once a year. Over the years, I've heard so many horror stories....I'll never buy a timeshare.

For a timeshare you are looking to pay probably 15-20K, yes you will have a monthly payment unless you pay it off cash...but once you pay it off 10 years or so down the line all you have to pay is the yearly maintenance fee ($250/year give or take) for a full week stay in a 5 star resort with tons of additional perks (you do the math). Then you own it forever...you pass it to your kids...grandkids etc. Then you can travel to other resorts besides your home resort and pay only the difference between your yearly fee and the fee at the other resort, so if you pay $250 a year and want to go take a week in Hawaii at a sister resort and that resorts fee is $450 then you pay ONLY $200 for a FULL week in a 5 star resort (again, you do the math)..trust me if you plan on traveling alot and vacationing alot then do it!...I'll be doing it one day soon...

Azriel
12-21-2006, 05:31 PM
Amen Eddie..good looks..

Yo C,

I hit you off with a PM son...good perks if you can invest in one....all depends on if you wanna make an investment you can enjoy :)

mad love,

Az

TrueConvert
12-21-2006, 07:42 PM
Yeah 4 real fam, looks like u need to holla at Azriel.

http://www.holycultureradio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12756

Azriel wrote:

Man, that would be so crazy if Az and Chris got that worked out. God is so Good ain't He? At the same time Chris looking to get info on timeshares, not only does the Lord have one of our brothers who can school him w/ 1st hand knowledge, but if he likes what he hears, may even be able to purchase from our brother who would be helped tremendously. Tear jerking man........tear jerking.
Glory to God!!!

BondServant
12-21-2006, 09:53 PM
Chris,

If you're going to buy a time-share, you'd fare better as far as "investments" are concerned by buying a resale. Why? Timeshares are like buying cars, they depreciate. You'll also be looking at some funky interest rates from banks if you decide to take out a loan. And to my knowledge there is no tax write-off, but you may want to check on that. They're usually unsecured loans. But I think they are still pretty dope. If I were you, I would get with Damon if you really want one, otherwise, don't fool with the major companies.

Hopefully Dame's got a nice one with a nice time frame.