PDA

View Full Version : Christian CEO brings faith into workplace.

LifeInReturn
12-18-2006, 02:33 PM
http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/anderson.cooper.360/blog/2006/12/christian-ceo-brings-faith-into.html (http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/anderson.cooper.360/blog/2006/12/christian-ceo-brings-faith-into.html)

Monday, December 18, 2006
Christian CEO brings faith into workplace
When I visited Bart Azzarelli's construction company in Dallas, Texas, it was almost like going to a church. The day began with prayer and bible study in a standing-room-only conference room. At lunch, employees lined up for grilled hamburgers and hotdogs while they listened to personal testimony of a man who had accepted Christ. There is a large painting of a cross in the lobby and the mission statement is posted for all to see. It reads, "The purpose of our company is to glorify God."

Azzarelli, the company's owner and CEO, is part of a new wave of executives who view their businesses as ministries. He brought his faith overtly into the workplace and actively keeps count of how many souls are saved on the job. So far, he says, four hundred have accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. He will also tell you that business (the dollars and cents kind) is good, and he attributes that success to God.

But while Azzarelli believes that the only way to God is through Christ, he knows there is a line he cannot cross in the workplace. Federal law prohibits any act that might make an employee feel coerced into participating in this kind of religious activity. To avoid complaints about discrimination by non-Christian workers, he says he tries to make sure everyone is treated equally. So far, he says, there have been no complaints.

Azzarelli believes that part of the reason he been able to walk this tightrope is because he bases his management style on Biblical principles. He says that to him, this means genuinely caring for his fellow man. He says he wants his employees to know he loves them and treats them with care and respect. Employees told me they've never worked at any construction company where they felt more appreciated. Some even told me that working for Azzarelli had turned their lives around.

What I didn't know going into this report was just how many Bart Azzarellis there are today in American business. Azzarelli is one of about 20 members of just one chapter of C12, an association for Christian business leaders with franchises all over the country. And there are a number of other business organizations with a similar focus and membership throughout the United States.
Posted By David Mattingly, CNN Correspondent: 11:36 AM ET

The_Expositor
12-18-2006, 02:35 PM
That's what's up. We need more businessmen like Mr. Azzarelli.

LaRosa
12-18-2006, 02:37 PM
makes me want a Chick-fil-A chicken sandwich...

good stuff :)

lj.

eternal
12-18-2006, 02:38 PM
Cool. Here is another one: http://www.c28.com/

I spoke for a youth conference a couple years ago, and met a young man who had recently came to Christ. I had a friendship with his pastor, so I was able to check up on him frequently after that. I recently found out he has started working at this place, and that every employee is a Christian, and receives evangelism classes, and they share Christ with every customer.

thenewguy07
12-18-2006, 02:42 PM
That's hot! Here's another one...

http://www.christianexaminer.com/Articles/Articles%20Sep03/Art_Sep03_15.html

He and at least two other employees, including one who opens checking and savings accounts, regularly pray for customers when they feel God prompting them to do so. Ripka, who approves or disapproves the bank’s individual and business loans, often prays during meetings with customers, including those he turns down for loans.

God has opened people’s hearts through the prayers, Ripka said. As a result, 31 people—customers, employees, employees’ spouses, and a few neighborhood waitresses—have become Christians, he said, and two employees have been healed of diseases.

montenell
12-18-2006, 02:48 PM

lj.

get me one too

Rikki
12-18-2006, 02:56 PM
This is great! :)

dremarshall
12-18-2006, 03:27 PM
Man this is awesome!! How cool to say my job is to glorify God, when most businesses would care more about loosing a customer or two. This is extremely encouraging, especially for me because I work in banking & the love of money is definitely the motto here!:(

RJ of MMM
12-18-2006, 03:52 PM
LIR, you can shorten that link a bit ya know ;)
Great post. It would be a great thing to hear kids say "I too will be able to lead a workforce in glorifying God in our process, product and person." That is a hot prospect to have a vision ahead of you.

Jason718
12-18-2006, 04:16 PM
[a very emphatic] YES!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

:D :D

I don't know about ya'll but i feel a praise break coming up.

(insert praise break emoticon) -HCR, ya'll need to get up on that

:cool: jason

thankfull
12-18-2006, 05:21 PM
Azzarelli believes that part of the reason he been able to walk this tightrope is because he bases his management style on Biblical principles. He says that to him, this means genuinely caring for his fellow man. He says he wants his employees to know he loves them and treats them with care and respect. Employees told me they've never worked at any construction company where they felt more appreciated. Some even told me that working for Azzarelli had turned their lives around.

What I didn't know going into this report was just how many Bart Azzarellis there are today in American business. Azzarelli is one of about 20 members of just one chapter of C12, an association for Christian business leaders with franchises all over the country. And there are a number of other business organizations with a similar focus and membership throughout the United States.
Posted By David Mattingly, CNN Correspondent: 11:36 AM ET[/COLOR]

I believe if more ceo's or supervisors treated their people like he does, people would be more productive and would want to go to work everyday and will be eager to work overtime! LOL

thanks for posting

shekinahsmoke
12-18-2006, 05:48 PM
lll :D :D :D

Jito el Cubano
12-19-2006, 10:11 AM
Yo, I want to run my business just like him...very inspiring story.

MoeMan
12-19-2006, 07:58 PM

lj.

Don't take much for me to want a Chick-fil-A sandwich but it's gotta be the fried kind

illuminaticx
12-19-2006, 08:38 PM

lj.

It cost an arm and a leg to get food from there...lol. Way too expensive. Their chicken strips are the best tho.

J =]

ministerbj
12-20-2006, 07:15 AM
Praise God !!!

actually this is a fulfillment of a prophesy.. i'm not sure who all is familiar with Kim Clement but he's prophesied this very thing.. you can go to his website and read all the prophesy and from the ones that i've read half of them has already come to pass... i truly believe that he is a prophet of God.... so check him out..

www.kimclement.com