PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take?

SustaGurl24
12-18-2006, 02:11 PM
how long does it take to grow in christ? And what do you mean by growing up in christ? I've been seening thread about growing in christ and they talk about it o on the threads and viewing what it talks about. I get a understanding but not for sure.

ctide
12-18-2006, 02:12 PM
how long does it take to grow in christ? And what do you mean by growing up in christ? I've been seening thread about growing in christ and they talk about it o on the threads and viewing what it talks about. I get a understanding but not for sure.

lifetime

Devin
12-18-2006, 02:12 PM
hmmmm good question.....i think it takes aslong as God wants it to take.....

LifeInReturn
12-18-2006, 02:14 PM
You'll forever be growing / maturing in Christ.

What does it mean ? As you learn more and more about Christ - through carefully reading His Word (the Bible), spend time in prayer, your life will change more and more and through prayer and Scripture reading, you'll be transformed more and more into His Image. Your desires will change, your habits / ways / thoughts / outlooks / viewpoints will change. Your personality / qualities will change as Christ shapes you.

This is what maturing and growing in Christ is pretty much about.

LaRosa
12-18-2006, 02:14 PM
what Lifey just said :)

lj.

ctide
12-18-2006, 02:19 PM
susta, as i said last week... i am so happy to see you asking these questions

keep in mind, everyone on this board was a baby christian once also

also keep in mind, we are all still human... we all mess up and fail at times... but God's mercy keeps up going and growing in him

Nahledge
12-18-2006, 02:20 PM
Being in Christ is like having a gym membership. I know a guy who has had a gym membership for 10 years, and another guy who has the same membership to the same gym for 2 years but is in better shape than the guy who had the membership for 10. Why? Because, one guy used his membership more in 2 years than the other guy did in 10.

The same is true with a relationship with Christ. I know people who have been saved 20 years and still arent as mature in Christ as a person who's been saved for 5 years. Why because the one who's been saved 5 years has spent more time in the word and prayer than the one who's been saved 20 years.

Growth in Christ depends on the persons committment and determination to grow. As humans our bodies grow without us even trying, it's different with Christ, you have to make a conscious effort to grow.

montenell
12-18-2006, 02:23 PM
i think these are all good answers, its a daily process

LifeInReturn
12-18-2006, 02:25 PM
An everyday process. :)

The_Expositor
12-18-2006, 02:25 PM
how long does it take to grow in christ? And what do you mean by growing up in christ? I've been seening thread about growing in christ and they talk about it o on the threads and viewing what it talks about.

You're going to grow your whole life, if you're saved.

2Pe 3:18 But grow in grace, and [in] the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him [be] glory both now and for ever. Amen.

LifeInReturn
12-18-2006, 02:35 PM
Also, as a woman, seek Godly council from women who are solid in the Faith. There are quite a few of us here that you can PM... ;)

There is wisdom in council... proven all throughout the Bible.

Peace.

ctide
12-18-2006, 02:37 PM
Also, as a woman, seek Godly council from women who are solid in the Faith. There are quite a few of us here that you can PM... ;)

Peace.

no doubt, and they all got like 6 words merged together in there name

The_Expositor
12-18-2006, 02:37 PM

Peace.

Amen...

SustaGurl24
12-18-2006, 02:48 PM

Peace.

I heard about the bible study on thursday night i have to download yahoo messenger i can try to do it on my computer at work if i dont get caught.

Rikki
12-18-2006, 03:47 PM
Hopefully I can join in for the next two weeks..NO CHOIR REHEARSAL! :D

savedbygracealone
12-18-2006, 07:46 PM
I heard about the bible study on thursday night i have to download yahoo messenger i can try to do it on my computer at work if i dont get caught.

also, please dont feel embarrassed to call me, you have my number! if you cant call me (cause of long distance or someting) i can call u if you send me ur number! i just want to make sure you have sisters in Christ to help ya and encourage ya!! :o

tlr
12-19-2006, 07:17 PM
great question... well sometimes you behave like a grown mature believer and then other times you behave like a baby. You grow in experience and in the things that God shows you. Each step you take can be either small or big. The closer you get to your role model Jesus the more you are growing.

peace