PDA

View Full Version : Mental Helth Update. Very Important Please Read!

moose
12-05-2006, 02:58 PM
I just wanted to post up on here let you all know how important mental health is. I was diagnost with Bi-polar disorder yesterday. For weeks I couldn't get out of the house. Paranoid and afraid. I finally slept last night for the first time in two weeks. I guess that would explain why I've been off on somethings. Please forgive me fam. I had no idea. It was humilating addmitting that I might have a mental health problem. I have been put on meds and they say it might take a couple of months to take effect. Please keep my family in your prayers as I have been unable to work for fear of leaving the house. I'm still struggling so please lift me up even more. I know it sounds really crazy but I'm being 100% honest. From being sick I've not been able to pay my rent, work, or even keep a thought longer then 2 minutes. Fam, if you even slightly suspect that you might be depressed or anixous please get checked. Even though I'm coing through my own struggles please feel free to hit me up. I know what it feels like. Once again any way you can help fam would be a blessing. Much love to ya'll. If I don't post back on this please give me time. My mind keeps jumping. I love you all.

Blessed,

Moose

LifeInReturn
12-05-2006, 03:00 PM
Wow, will def be praying for you, fam. That is something I struggled with at one point in my life. Take your meds and continue to lean on Christ during these times!

DJ D-Lite
12-05-2006, 03:03 PM
Moose,

Bro, you have the mind of Christ fam. I declare that you are free from this attempt of the enemy to defeat you. God has not given you the spirit of fear, but a spirit of power, love and a SOUND MIND. Rise up fam, and call the enemy a liar. I'm in agreement with you for complete restoration of your mental faculties. You will not be defeated, in Jesus' name!

ctide
12-05-2006, 04:08 PM
Wow, will def be praying for you, fam. That is something I struggled with at one point in my life. Take your meds and continue to lean on Christ during these times!

wow! i wouldnt have ever guessed that

praise God for life changing power

ctide
12-05-2006, 04:09 PM
I just wanted to post up on here let you all know how important mental health is. I was diagnost with Bi-polar disorder yesterday. For weeks I couldn't get out of the house. Paranoid and afraid. I finally slept last night for the first time in two weeks. I guess that would explain why I've been off on somethings. Please forgive me fam. I had no idea. It was humilating addmitting that I might have a mental health problem. I have been put on meds and they say it might take a couple of months to take effect. Please keep my family in your prayers as I have been unable to work for fear of leaving the house. I'm still struggling so please lift me up even more. I know it sounds really crazy but I'm being 100% honest. From being sick I've not been able to pay my rent, work, or even keep a thought longer then 2 minutes. Fam, if you even slightly suspect that you might be depressed or anixous please get checked. Even though I'm coing through my own struggles please feel free to hit me up. I know what it feels like. Once again any way you can help fam would be a blessing. Much love to ya'll. If I don't post back on this please give me time. My mind keeps jumping. I love you all.

Blessed,

Moose

i will def be praying for you homie!

nubia7
12-05-2006, 04:26 PM

Blessed,

Moose

Depression has hit my fam on occassion and still sometimes hits me.

this is a link to revive our hearts ministry which is currently doing a series on depression...it's a women's ministry but i think it would be helpful:

Dealing with Depression and doubt (http://www.reviveourhearts.com/radio/roh/today.php?pid=9406)

you can listen to yesterday's show and today's show.. i think the series runs all week.

truly Grace and Peace fam!!

thankfull
12-05-2006, 07:48 PM

Blessed,

Moose

will pray for you

Tithe Nice
12-05-2006, 08:17 PM
God bless you, Moose.

I love you as a Brother in Christ for having the courage to share this. As I pray for you, I, too, would like yourself (and other HCR Community Forum Peeps) to pray for me. My own Brother and Brother-in-Law struggle with mental health issues as well. I ask that God work with me. On the real, it's been a struggle for me to want to be around them because of the unpredictability of their actions and reactions. I appreciate you, Brother. May God continue to bless you and keep you whole.

Tithe Nice

albraggs
12-06-2006, 02:37 PM
I will pray for you too. God Bless you fam

CLER
12-19-2006, 07:53 PM
i will pray for you... as an encouragement, i am working with mental health clients that overcame and overcoming their illness and everyday is such a blessing to see them get up and continue with their lives. we are here to help them, but it takes a lot of strength and courage to do it. Continually trust in God. It also takes courage to let people know that you have this disorder as there is this stigma that people have. I got much respect for you and I will do pray.

Shock~Therapy
12-19-2006, 11:06 PM

Blessed,

Moose

Praying for you fam. Bi-polar (Manic-Depressive) is a serious spiritual issue. I've been working in the mental health field for about 4 years and have seen just how dibilitating the disorder can be. But I have also seen how limited mental health treatment is because they are neglecting to treat the most important aspect of the whole person, which is the spirit. Mental health disorders are really spirits, just as Mary Magdalene would be diagnosed today as having multiple personality disorder. Christ is the real cure. Now I am not saying that you shouldn't take medicine at all. Continue to take it. Just keep in God's face about your disorder, as will I, and I am sure the other fam on here will do the same.

StreetSermonz
12-20-2006, 09:58 AM
I'm praying for you Moose. Your not in this alone. If possible, listen to War of the Minds on Flame's Rewind CD. That song has actually ministered to me in the past. God will not forsake you and will get you through this.

I agree with Shock Therapy's post that this is a spiritual issue and that God can heal your mind and your emotions. I truly believe the answer is in Jesus and in His presense. But do not forsake therapy, know that God has heard your request and those of his sons and daughters, and continue to believe and have faith that Jehovah Rapha, the Great Physician will bring you peace and healing.

ruggedcross
12-21-2006, 04:22 PM
By Christ's stripes you are healed fam ! Keep proclaiming that daily and you will have it !! Whatsoever ye believe ye shall receive. You know I'm witch-U Fam...