PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Watch Heroes???

Elekt
10-26-2006, 12:54 AM
this show is the stizzuff....I think this show can give illuminaticx a run for his money.

thenewguy07
10-26-2006, 01:38 AM
this show is the stizzuff....I think this show can give illuminaticx a run for his money.

Yessir! That show is vicious! They always have the illest endings too. I can't wait til Monday.

KPfaREAL
10-26-2006, 06:01 AM
Always DVR that and Studio 60 on Monday nights.

lisajames96
10-26-2006, 08:45 AM
Its a good show. One of my top 3 that i only watch.
That was a good show last week when peter was able to use issacs power to finish his painting...cause i was like, if that foo run out and buy dude some heroine, i was gonna shut it off...lol...

And the name of the show is heroes, but who do you guy think will end up the "villans"?
I am thinking, the congressman, DL, and what's her name(DL's wife). She is something else. I can't wait til they show what she actually does when she goes maniac on folk. They may need to step up the CGI for that...

eve
10-26-2006, 09:05 AM
i really like that show. the little Japanese dude is the cutest! he's my alter-ego!

http://image.com.com/tv/images/processed/photo_viewer/49/65/35657.jpg

LENZ_1
10-26-2006, 09:06 AM
MAAAAAAAAAAN!!!! I missed the first few minutes of this weeks show. I aint NEVER gonna let that happen again.

LENZ_1
10-26-2006, 09:11 AM
Its a good show. One of my top 3 that i only watch.
That was a good show last week when peter was able to use issacs power to finish his painting...cause i was like, if that foo run out and buy dude some heroine, i was gonna shut it off...lol...

And the name of the show is heroes, but who do you guy think will end up the "villans"?
I am thinking, the congressman, DL, and what's her name(DL's wife). She is something else. I can't wait til they show what she actually does when she goes maniac on folk. They may need to step up the CGI for that...

I think the congressman will have a change of heart, and do things right. Now, DL, I don't know, I'll have to see how he interacts with his family. I also wonder if the son will realize any powers. I think with him being a known tv actor, in his own right, he'll have a more significant role than someone's child. Think about it. If it's all about genetics, and BOTH his parents have the genes, he'll most likely have them too. I know, technically that's not always the case, but it's tv land.

lisajames96
10-26-2006, 09:13 AM
MAAAAAAAAAAN!!!! I missed the first few minutes of this weeks show. I aint NEVER gonna let that happen again.

smhhttp://smilieshq.com/smilies/sign0078.gif...you gotta get a dvr Lenz...

TheRealPae
10-26-2006, 09:14 AM

You can catch the episodes online, if you missed anything.

Word!

One, Les

b gain
10-26-2006, 09:41 AM

dude you can watch most shows online if you miss em! I just caught last nights lost that I missed!

LENZ_1
10-26-2006, 10:09 AM
I know, I only have acess to the net at work, so I can't watch the episode. AND THE ONE PART I WANTED TO SEE.......... I MISSED!!! Duke was flying all over the place, man, I had to hear it from, my man at work.

lisajames96
10-26-2006, 10:14 AM
I know, I only have acess to the net at work, so I can't watch the episode. AND THE ONE PART I WANTED TO SEE.......... I MISSED!!! Duke was flying all over the place, man, I had to hear it from, my man at work.

:D ...oh yeah, that was a good scene when he shot up in the air and then landed at the resturant where Hiro was...

CHRISTion
10-26-2006, 10:22 AM
I still don't get why they call it "Heroes"-I think the show was a bit misleading... it should have been called "The real life Comic" or "Crazy" or something like that... I mean, I guess in the end they are all heroes, but what exactly do the do to enhance the living of regular mankind right now? Not to mention, not all of them have powers that would exactly enhance mankind anyway...

I mean, wassup with the blonde with the killer/crazy/slutty alter ego :confused: -is she supposed to always carry a mirror and beat the mess out of evil doers?

And one dude has to be high out of his mind to paint the future... I dunno... I watch it just to say I watch it, but I'm not all that impressed with it.

LENZ_1
10-26-2006, 10:26 AM
I still don't get why they call it "Heroes"-I think the show was a bit misleading... it should have been called "The real life Comic" or "Crazy" or something like that... I mean, I guess in the end they are all heroes, but what exactly do the do to enhance the living of regular mankind right now? Not to mention, not all of them have powers that would exactly enhance mankind anyway...

I mean, wassup with the blonde with the killer/crazy/slutty alter ego :confused: -is she supposed to always carry a mirror and beat the mess out of evil doers?

And one dude has to be high out of his mind to paint the future... I dunno... I watch it just to say I watch it, but I'm not all that impressed with it.

They have to find out who they are, before they can walk in it. "'cest la vie".

lisajames96
10-26-2006, 10:35 AM

"save the cheerleader, save the world" I guess you would call that the premise(?) of the show...that is why they have powers in this first season.(pushing my white tape in the middle coke bottle glasses up on my nose...lol)

DJ D-Lite
10-26-2006, 10:37 AM
As I said after Episode One, ONE OF THE HOTTEST NEW SHOWS THIS FALL!!!

Hands down! Oh my goodness, did y'all trip out when ole boy FLEW!?!?! Superman ain't got nothing on that cat!!!

LENZ_1
10-26-2006, 10:37 AM
As I said after Episode One, ONE OF THE HOTTEST NEW SHOWS THIS FALL!!!

Hands down! Oh my goodness, did y'all trip out when ole boy FLEW!?!?! Superman ain't got nothing on that cat!!!

:mad:

DJ D-Lite
10-26-2006, 10:39 AM
:mad:

What I say Lenz?! Superman got the congressman beat? lol

lisajames96
10-26-2006, 10:40 AM
What I say Lenz?! Superman got the congressman beat? lol

he missed the flying scene, but people keep bringing it up....sour apples

DJ D-Lite
10-26-2006, 10:41 AM
My wife had a good prediction about Peter's powers...

Anyone figure him out...I think she may be right but let me see if you'll figured it out...

lisajames96
10-26-2006, 10:43 AM
My wife had a good prediction about Peter's powers...

Anyone figure him out...I think she may be right but let me see if you'll figured it out...

Peter absorb/takes on other peoples powers when he's around them.
Did she say she think Peter is sylar?...

dogfight!
10-26-2006, 10:44 AM
I think of it much like X-Men. Think about it. Schitzo girl is like Jean Gray/Phoenix, Syler (sp?) is like Magneto with his psychic friends network going about trying to recruit all the other "mutants". Cheerleader is like wolverine (well, kinda).

I too think the congressman will be good. I don't see him using his powers for evil and syler already tried unsuccessfully to recruit him. So, i'm thinking its going to be like this:

Syler, black spooky dude, DL, and schitzo

vs

Flying brothers, Hiro, and cheerleader.

It'll be interesting to see the extent of their powers. As of right now, Syler seems to be the strongest but maybe cuz he's the most comfortable with his powers.

DJ D-Lite
10-26-2006, 10:47 AM

That's it! No she didn't say about him being Sylar, but the aborbing of powers...that tripped me out, esp. when I put it all together...i wonder how he's gonna get "the scar" Hiro told him about.

dogfight!
10-26-2006, 10:49 AM
That's it! No she didn't say about him being Sylar, but the aborbing of powers...that tripped me out, esp. when I put it all together...i wonder how he's gonna get "the scar" Hiro told him about.
probably from being around the cheerleader

lisajames96
10-26-2006, 10:51 AM
yeah in the last episode that is what peter told issac(painter), that he can take on people's powers. That is how he can fly sometimes and how he could paint the future. Oh and that is how he could see Hiro(future hiro) when he stopped time to talke to peter cause Peter had his power to temporarily while they were together...

lisajames96
10-26-2006, 10:52 AM
probably from being around the cheerleader

huh? you mean from trying to save her?

dogfight!
10-26-2006, 10:58 AM
huh? you mean from trying to save her?
No, he probably got chopped up or something but uses the cheerleaders powers to heal himself.

**my guess**

LENZ_1
10-26-2006, 11:08 AM

My wife pegged that too. Not him as Sylar, but the ability to mimick other's abilities. (so friggin' tight)

dogfight!
10-26-2006, 11:11 AM
I thought it was established that the cheerleader's dad was syler.

dogfight!
10-26-2006, 11:13 AM
No, he probably got chopped up or something but uses the cheerleaders powers to heal himself.

**my guess**

Hence, "save the cheerleader, save the world". If the cheerleader dies, then he dies. Since it looks like he'll be the leader they need him to be alive.

I totally forgot about the cop. Poor dudes going nuts!

LENZ_1
10-26-2006, 11:25 AM
I think of it much like X-Men. Think about it. Schitzo girl is like Jean Gray/Phoenix, Syler (sp?) is like Magneto with his psychic friends network going about trying to recruit all the other "mutants". Cheerleader is like wolverine (well, kinda).

I too think the congressman will be good. I don't see him using his powers for evil and syler already tried unsuccessfully to recruit him. So, i'm thinking its going to be like this:

Syler, black spooky dude, DL, and schitzo

vs

Flying brothers, Hiro, and cheerleader.

It'll be interesting to see the extent of their powers. As of right now, Syler seems to be the strongest but maybe cuz he's the most comfortable with his powers.

Like I said, I'm gonna have to see next week's episode before I try to peg DL, but I think Nikki's gonna be on the good side. I think she'll be able to control when Nikki comes out, and be very beneficial. Like a She-hulk type :D

dogfight!
10-26-2006, 11:31 AM
Anybody else think DL has the power to be invisible?

TheRealPae
10-26-2006, 11:34 AM
it's chill.

I hope we read and pray as much as we spend time watching TV, Im so sorry I typed it, I thought I was just thinking it.

Ooops, sorry disregard that!! Cause Im guilty too!! I suck at spending time praying and reading my Bible in comparison to my wasted time on stuff that isnt beneficial!!

So sorry, let me shut up!

One, Les!

lisajames96
10-26-2006, 11:36 AM
why do you think the cheerleaders dad is sylar? cause he is a bad guy?...I dont think he is. I think sylar is his enemy to...

Oh and that was messed up with the cop...he and his wife seem to start to be happy, and now he acting crazy. Hopefully the fbi will bail him out of the situation and he get a handle on his power...

So DL can walk through walls...i wonder what else he can do?...their son is gonna be something else if he has powers too...

(excuse me while I try and get this geek spirit off me...in tha naaame....!)...lol

LENZ_1
10-26-2006, 11:40 AM
(excuse me while I try and get this geek spirit off me...in tha naaame....!)...lol

HA HA HA

Hey, does anyone one else read the comics? They're very short, but give good insight to the next show.

lisajames96
10-26-2006, 11:44 AM
HA HA HA

Hey, does anyone one else read the comics? They're very short, but give good insight to the next show.
naw, i was going too, maybe i will later. I didn't know they do that. I thought it was more of a review...

Okay speaking of comics... the little boy(DL son) was reading a 9th wonder comic too(in like the 1st or 2nd episode)...do you think he has any idea of the same things that hiro is reading too?

LENZ_1
10-26-2006, 11:50 AM
naw, i was going too, maybe i will later. I didn't know they do that. I thought it was more of a review...

Okay speaking of comics... the little boy(DL son) was reading a 9th wonder comic too(in like the 1st or 2nd episode)...do you think he has any idea of the same things that hiro is reading too?

Nah, because Hiro got his from 5 weeks in the future, and they both had different covers. My guess is, the artist wasn't high when he wrote that one. :D

lisajames96
10-26-2006, 11:54 AM
Nah, because Hiro got his from 5 weeks in the future, and they both had different covers. My guess is, the artist wasn't high when he wrote that one. :D

ahh yeah, that make sense...but i still think it has to be something significant that he was reading it cause they focused on it. and the character on the front in on the webpage too...hmmmm

dogfight!
10-26-2006, 11:56 AM
ok, now i'm confused. The comic book makes DL look like a good guy and that he was framed (by Nikki's alter ego?)

kingsman2ki
10-26-2006, 12:05 PM
ok, now i'm confused. The comic book makes DL look like a good guy and that he was framed (by Nikki's alter ego?)

I believe he was framed by Nikki's alter ego.....

I think the cheerleader's dad is gonna be like Professor Xavier on x-men because if you watched the marathon last sunday evening they gave you a sneak peek at what is going to come later in the series... i think i still got the link....

check this out .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv9mLhLW-4M

:D THE GREATEST SHOW ON TV!!!!!!!

LENZ_1
10-26-2006, 12:06 PM

That's what I'm thinking.

lisajames96
10-26-2006, 12:11 PM
That's what I'm thinking.

i may have missed it, but did they ever say what DL was going to prison for? what is robbing a bank or something?

i can't watch youtube here(at work) anymore kings..maybe I will be able to this weekend at home.

dogfight!
10-26-2006, 12:12 PM
I believe he was framed by Nikki's alter ego.....

I think the cheerleader's dad is gonna be like Professor Xavier on x-men because if you watched the marathon last sunday evening they gave you a sneak peek at what is going to come later in the series... i think i still got the link....

check this out .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv9mLhLW-4M

:D THE GREATEST SHOW ON TV!!!!!!!

Actually I think he'll be more like Magneto. I doubt he's a hero as he's using his psychic friend for evil instead of good. And remember when the cop shot syler down and he came back to life? Not too long after that the cheerleader's dad's friend knocks him out in the bar.

dogfight!
10-26-2006, 12:13 PM
i may have missed it, but did they ever say what DL was going to prison for? what is robbing a bank or something?

i can't watch youtube here(at work) anymore kings..maybe I will be able to this weekend at home.
http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/novels/downloads/Heroes_novel_005.pdf

thats the comic. Its really short but i think it answers your question.

Elekt
10-26-2006, 01:40 PM
man, I can't wait until monday, The artist is my favorite one...minus the drug addiction.

welp, gotta go, im almost late for class

illuminaticx
10-26-2006, 01:59 PM

Yea right... I don't think so. It'll never touch LOST period.

J =]

LENZ_1
10-26-2006, 02:02 PM
Yea right... I don't think so. It'll never touch LOST period.

J =]

I wonder who would get more ratings if they went head to head.

lisajames96
10-26-2006, 02:03 PM
Lost...but I would be torn though...I think i would watch Lost and dvr heroes...

illuminaticx
10-26-2006, 02:04 PM

Is that a real question?? LOL!!! LOST hands down. Same thing with 24. LOST would win the ratings.... SAME THING WITH PRISION BREAK... LOST would win by a landside.

:D MUUUHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!

J =]

ZestD
10-26-2006, 02:06 PM
Is that a real question?? LOL!!! LOST hands down. Same thing with 24. LOST would win the ratings.... SAME THING WITH PRISION BREAK... LOST would win by a landside.

:D MUUUHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!

J =]
Not if it went against Monday Night Football or American Idol though.

:D

illuminaticx
10-26-2006, 02:12 PM
Not if it went against Monday Night Football or American Idol though.

:D

Oh no he didn't say American Idol... OH SNAP!!!! Idol is crap!!!! I rather watch Seasme Street while sucking on my thumb!!!! LOL!!!!

Monday night football doesn't have high ratings... That's why it got booted off ABC. :(

J =]

ZestD
10-26-2006, 02:14 PM
Oh no he didn't say American Idol... OH SNAP!!!! Idol is crap!!!! I rather watch Seasme Street while sucking on my thumb!!!! LOL!!!!

Monday night football doesn't have high ratings... That's why it got booted off ABC. :(

J =]
Actually, the ratings this year since the switch to ESPN have been CRAZY.

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news%3Fpid%3D20601079%26sid%3Da6bHJ2hN36P8%26refer %3Dhome&sa=X&oi=news&ct=result&cd=1&sig=__CmNhizroVTwIDqhU2hL8Oft8uUY=

illuminaticx
10-26-2006, 02:16 PM
Actually, the ratings this year since the switch to ESPN have been CRAZY.

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news%3Fpid%3D20601079%26sid%3Da6bHJ2hN36P8%26refer %3Dhome&sa=X&oi=news&ct=result&cd=1&sig=__CmNhizroVTwIDqhU2hL8Oft8uUY=

That's good. I wish they would have kept it on ABC.. :( I've never had cable in my life and I don't think I will ever have it. :)

J =]

edDIE
10-28-2006, 02:34 PM
Yo, the only show on TV right now that can touch Heroes is SMALLVILLE. Thats wassup! I found a user on YouTube that has full episodes of both!

Peep it: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=oddji

LENZ_1
10-30-2006, 09:21 AM
Yo, the only show on TV right now that can touch Heroes is SMALLVILLE. Thats wassup! I found a user on YouTube that has full episodes of both!

Peep it: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=oddji

Yessir! Smallville and Heroes, that's where it is.

Aquila
10-30-2006, 01:14 PM
Heroes is that show. I wish I was in it..

dogfight!
10-31-2006, 10:51 AM
Best show on TV! hands down

Anybody else think Nikki is dead for real? Or is she just knocked out? Or did the alter ego survive and will she go on a rampage and start killing everybody?

Any doubts the cheerleader's dad is Syler?

lisajames96
10-31-2006, 10:58 AM
Best show on TV! hands down

Anybody else think Nikki is dead for real? Or is she just knocked out? Or did the alter ego survive and will she go on a rampage and start killing everybody?

Any doubts the cheerleader's dad is Syler?

Yes and yes...

Also, what would have beent he motive in the first place to frame DL? THat didn't make sense. DId I miss something?

I think the cheerleaders dad is involved with decaps, but i don't think he is sylar...just because they found sylars name on the scene doesn't mean he did it. that just seems to easy...IMO

dogfight!
10-31-2006, 11:03 AM
Yes and yes...

Also, what would have beent he motive in the first place to frame DL? THat didn't make sense. DId I miss something?

I think the cheerleaders dad is involved with decaps, but i don't think he is sylar...just because they found sylars name on the scene doesn't mean he did it. that just seems to easy...IMO
true it does seem easy but it would make sense. And could it be that he is her real dad? Since he has powers as well...and the syler dude was able to heal from the bullet wounds.

I thought Nikki was dead as well but that also seemed too easy. I thought she framed him for the money. And most alter egos want to destroy the life of the real person.

CHRISTion
10-31-2006, 11:18 AM
I guess I'm the only one here that is really not liking the pace of this show. There was NOTHING exciting or surprising about last night's show...as if we couldn't figure out that the dad had fake parents to meet her :rolleyes: -dude WHAT...EVER...and if the dad is soooo evil, why doesn't he just take out the daughter? That was dumb...

And if the the one crazy chick with the alter ego's husband can walk through walls, why was he even in jail for 1 second *thumbs down* LAME

And if Hiro can stop time and go where he wants, why is he wasting all this time getting beat up and playing cards and stuff?? LAME

And if ol boy can fly, why have we only seen it once? His brother had a better flying sequence than him, and HE'S supposed to be the hero? :confused: LAME

This show frustrates the hell outta me, cuz it coulda, shoulda been a better show, but instead it plays out like it knows where it wants to go and it gives us about 3 seconds of the plot every week. I keep waiting for something to happen to make me go :eek: (like LOST) but as soon as you *THINK* it's getting there, we get more of sorry, s...l...o...w... played out drama.

*sigh* the only reason I watch is so I won't miss if something happens, but I'm thinking on bailing. I rate this show (out of 10) a 5. Seriously.

dogfight!
10-31-2006, 11:26 AM
I guess I'm the only one here that is really not liking the pace of this show. There was NOTHING exciting or surprising about last night's show...as if we couldn't figure out that the dad had fake parents to meet her :rolleyes: -dude WHAT...EVER...and if the dad is soooo evil, why doesn't he just take out the daughter? That was dumb...

And if the the one crazy chick with the alter ego's husband can walk through walls, why was he even in jail for 1 second *thumbs down* LAME

And if Hiro can stop time and go where he wants, why is he wasting all this time getting beat up and playing cards and stuff?? LAME

And if ol boy can fly, why have we only seen it once? His brother had a better flying sequence than him, and HE'S supposed to be the hero? :confused: LAME

This show frustrates the hell outta me, cuz it coulda, shoulda been a better show, but instead it plays out like it knows where it wants to go and it gives us about 3 seconds of the plot every week. I keep waiting for something to happen to make me go :eek: (like LOST) but as soon as you *THINK* it's getting there, we get more of sorry, s...l...o...w... played out drama.

*sigh* the only reason I watch is so I won't miss if something happens, but I'm thinking on bailing. I rate this show (out of 10) a 5. Seriously.

Dude, go to the website and read the comic book. It'll answer your question about DL being in jail. Pretty much he didnt discover his powers till he got there.

Hiro obviously hasnt mastered his powers yet. And dude's weakness is his conscience. He doesnt want to take advantage of his powers. Plus he can't speak english...yet.

Did you miss dude flying? The senator dude. That was last week. How was that lame? If you're talking about his brother, his power is not flying. His power is that he adopts the power of who's around him.

Yeah you do sound :confused: but its okay, i'm here to help :)

lisajames96
10-31-2006, 11:26 AM
^^^^ *reading what Chris wrote* http://smilieshq.com/smilies/mad0249.gif

***** J/k:D :p

LENZ_1
10-31-2006, 11:44 AM
Dude, go to the website and read the comic book. It'll answer your question about DL being in jail. Pretty much he didnt discover his powers till he got there.

Hiro obviously hasnt mastered his powers yet. And dude's weakness is his conscience. He doesnt want to take advantage of his powers. Plus he can't speak english...yet.

Did you miss dude flying? The senator dude. That was last week. How was that lame? If you're talking about his brother, his power is not flying. His power is that he adopts the power of who's around him.

Yeah you do sound :confused: but its okay, i'm here to help :)

That's basically it.

Last night's show wasn't all that to me, but I thought it was still good. A lot of my suspicions were validated last night, which was cool. I can't wait to see what Micha's powers are.

I don't think Nikki's dead though, I think she'll get back up, but in what state, I don't know.

It tripped me out though, to find out that girl was working with the cheerleader's father. I think she has powers too. I believe she may have the power of manipulation. She can most likely make men do whatever she wants them too, but she's feeling Mr. Suresh, so she really wants him to come back.

joseph29
10-31-2006, 11:45 AM
yeah heroes is the new lost for me. That joint keeps you guessing throughout the show, plus it answers questions at the same time. Lets see if it can keep it up.

Jeffr0cks
11-01-2006, 02:21 PM
oh man i hate you guys!!! After reading this thread... downloaded the show and now i'm hooked!!! ahhhh... Lost.. 24... Heroes.. nooooooooooooooooo!!! http://rage3d.com/board/images/smilies/purerage_blended/runaway.gif