PDA

View Full Version : State of Union 2.0

ZestD
10-25-2006, 07:08 PM
The other post got me thinking. Although the topic isn't new, there seems to be similiarities between the U.S. and the fall of the Roman empire.

We are so enamored with our 'democracy' (which really isn't) that we try to make the world the same. We fail. This 'democracy' has it's positives, but it is so entwined within itself by politics and the internal power struggles that our government is essentially ineffective. Too many opposing parties even when there is something obvious that needs to be done. We aren't united enough to act quickly to events. Even Congress and such signing off on the war in Iraq, but opposing voices saying they are against it even though THEY approved it!

Now there are dictatorships coming against us and most countries are in agreement. They can enact rules or laws or decrees quickly because they don't have to lobby, compromise and such to do as they wish. Dictatorship isn't a bad word...perhaps we as Americans should go the same route.

ZestD
10-25-2006, 07:10 PM
Also, what are thoughts about the ineffectiveness of the U.N.?

Psalmist
10-25-2006, 07:25 PM
Also, what are thoughts about the ineffectiveness of the U.N.?
well thats just a group we (Americans) put together for every other country in the world to follow their rules, and for us to live above them (like say...the war in IRAQ)....and don't put the Bush agenda as the American one....can't wait until the idiot is out of office....I'll still pray for him, but I doubt he has been led by God, unless his god is greed!

simplyG
10-25-2006, 07:28 PM
The other post got me thinking. Although the topic isn't new, there seems to be similiarities between the U.S. and the fall of the Roman empire.

We are so enamored with our 'democracy' (which really isn't) that we try to make the world the same. We fail. This 'democracy' has it's positives, but it is so entwined within itself by politics and the internal power struggles that our government is essentially ineffective. Too many opposing parties even when there is something obvious that needs to be done. We aren't united enough to act quickly to events. Even Congress and such signing off on the war in Iraq, but opposing voices saying they are against it even though THEY approved it!

Now there are dictatorships coming against us and most countries are in agreement. They can enact rules or laws or decrees quickly because they don't have to lobby, compromise and such to do as they wish. Dictatorship isn't a bad word...perhaps we as Americans should go the same route.

They were Roman, Americans are Roamin'
Roamin' to Iraq, Roamin' to Afghanistan
Peep the architecture of the Capital
And how the wants America's version of Pax Roman--Roman Law
Disagree, they call you unpatriotic
They became so self-absorbed with their lusts they fell
Is America far behind?

mr808
10-25-2006, 08:44 PM
Ajax Starglider wrote a song called Athenians. Its on his upcoming album 'Middle Class Broadcast'. Pretty dope. Braille guests on it.