PDA

View Full Version : Learning from OUR ELDERS!

Lady Car
10-25-2006, 05:24 PM
Hey fam....
Ok, let's build on this....a healthy discussion....

First....

If you are 30 years and over...go back 20 years...

If you are 25 years and under....go back 10 years...

In comparison to the "elders" (and I'm not speaking right now of Biblical-I'm speaking older-in general)...the elders YOU grew up with...

1. What are some things that they did or have that THIS current YOUTH (particularly those 18yrs and UNDER)generation is lacking?---I'm speaking from the natural standpoint...

2. Do you feel THIS YOUTH generation RESPECTS and GLEANS from the wisdom of our elders, or are they PASSIVE and just don't care?

Now, let's touch on the spiritual for a moment...*If you weren't a Christian 10 to 20 years ago...then go back 5 years

1. What are some areas that you feel THIS YOUTH generation should learn from our "elders"? (**Again don't reduce this only to just to those who are ORDAINED as elders in the local church...but also to those who are "MATURE and SEASONED" in the faith and who are elderly in natural age)

2. Do you think there is a "GENERATION GAP" in the Body of Christ? (***General, across the board...not just as it relates to the HIP HOP CULTURE) If yes, how so?...and How could we work on "closing the gap?"

Ok, I'll stop there...

Let's share and build...

Love ya'll,
Carlita
"Lady Car"