PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the thread I started...

djHeir
10-25-2006, 01:53 PM
I guess it got deleted but I feel the need to clarify that I did not start that thread about the criticism received to address or bring attention to the difference between HCR and other forums, I seriously wanted to address a criticism received and check whether or not it's true, that's it!.

Please fam, there's no need for division, we're all fam, one body. As called-out believers I truly believe that we are accountable for how we walk and that's the issue I wanted to address, nothing more. I appologize if it appeared that I wanted to spark a debate about different forums. That's so childish it ain't funny. I'm seeking righteousness fam and I pray that everyone else here is too.

God bless!

Shock~Therapy
10-25-2006, 01:55 PM
I guess it got deleted but I feel the need to clarify that I did not start that thread about the criticism received to address or bring attention to the difference between HCR and other forums, I seriously wanted to address a criticism received and check whether or not it's true, that's it!.

Please fam, there's no need for division, we're all fam, one body. As called-out believers I truly believe that we are accountable for how we walk and that's the issue I wanted to address, nothing more. I appologize if it appeared that I wanted to spark a debate about different forums. That's so childish it ain't funny. I'm seeking righteousness fam and I pray that everyone else here is too.

God bless!
no doubt. Fighting other christians period, let alone over rap boards is WACK

dremarshall
10-25-2006, 01:57 PM
I thought the thread was real, but now I guess there are only certain truths that can be discussed. So can a MOD give me the OK topics. I know we can talk bad about WOF but what else is ok?

Quiet storm
10-25-2006, 01:57 PM
I know we can talk bad about WOF but what else is ok?

http://img50.photobucket.com/albums/v154/CeeCee73/Smilies/popcorn.gif

BondServant
10-25-2006, 02:09 PM
Is it okay to talk about Brandon(BondServant). He's the greatest!

Get a life bro, seriously. :(

Quiet storm
10-25-2006, 02:10 PM
Get a life bro, seriously. :(

ROTFL u funny I got you though.

LaRosa
10-25-2006, 02:16 PM
the subject that it was turning into is one that i am very passionate about... it frustrates me to the dickens... but i press on nonetheless...

it's a discussion that we need to have... yes, it'll be (very) messy, but by having it it should help to break down the "wall" between the two sides... i firmly feel that HHH's growth as a whole will continue to be stunted & stifled until we can all get on one accord

lj.

ZestD
10-25-2006, 02:27 PM
. in the very near future... HCR is going to take a step back and re-assess what its purposes are, and start moving in the direction we feel HHH needs to be in.

You make it sound like this brand of music is THE standard of HHH.

FALSE.

djHeir
10-25-2006, 02:31 PM
Hey fam, check out this WOTMR show (http://www.wayofthemasterradio.com/podcast/2006/09/14/september-14-2006-hour-1/)from Sept. 14th, 1st hour. In it, Todd talks about the comments that Rosie O'Donald said about Christians on the View and really asks the same questions that I asked earlier.

jeyjey34
10-25-2006, 02:32 PM
You make it sound like this brand of music is THE standard of HHH.

FALSE.

Then what is the standard, please tell us. ? :)

Shock~Therapy
10-25-2006, 02:40 PM
Then what is the standard, please tell us. ? :)
As far as HHH. I believe CMR has set the standard. Aside from being ignored at various dove awards, CMR artists have set the record for sales in HHH. But beyond that, the use of biblically sound doctrine through advanced rhyme schemes has set them apart since 97'. Ask the majority of HHH fans and they will tell you that CMR is the most trusted staple in HHH. Just given credit where credit is due.

eyesofphaith
10-25-2006, 02:40 PM
I agree with Vic. For me it's hard to see how you can seperate the Holy in Holy Hip Hop from first living a life that exemplifies Christ (though you'll make mistakes cause your not Him) and the words you spit through a mic doing or leading people to do the same.

I ran into cats that want HHH to be as cool as secular hip hop. It will never be as cool. Because true HHH will not appeal to the flesh as far as the message is concerned. The beat might appeal to it, but that's it. Trust Go read my blog titled Don't be Afraid (the first one not Part 2) It breaks down a conversation I had with a Muslim who's addicted to fornicating. And I presented God as someone who would be real with him, If he was real with God. It seemed to him that God was so kind and forgiving and that serving the God I served would leave him without the excuse of condemnation. It made coming to Christ more intimidating for him, because he didn't want to change as much as he thought. He actually believed serving Christ would gaurantee his deliverance.........so he was afraid, hence the title don't be afraid. Truth hurts no matter how you serve it up.

I know cats who feel HHH should be as recognized as secular rap cuz we are just as talented if not more talented because we do this without the fillers of cuss words. The world don't care if you spit better than 50, Jay-z, Luda, any of them...if you spittin truth..it is a sword. If God has it in the plans to be as recognized then we don't have to force that, keep doing what were doing and it will be, but because of the right reasons.

jeyjey34
10-25-2006, 02:46 PM
As far as HHH. I believe CMR has set the standard. Aside from being ignored at various dove awards, CMR artists have set the record for sales in HHH. But beyond that, the use of biblically sound doctrine through advanced rhyme schemes has set them apart since 97'. Ask the majority of HHH fans and they will tell you that CMR is the most trusted staple in HHH. Just given credit where credit is due.

I totally agree, and that's why I'm glad that I heard the Cross Movement when I did back in 2002 because if I didn't, then I would probably still be thinking that some of the "other guys" I used to listen to were all that Christian Hip Hop had to offer

However, the Cross Movement, along with the Lamp Mode guys, Redeemed Thought, etc...are all about Jesus and they in no way run from that or try to hide it in hopes of becoming more mainstream.

Praise God! :)

ctide
10-25-2006, 02:52 PM
man, this might get ugly

past the popcorn

Quiet storm
10-25-2006, 02:53 PM
man, this might get ugly

past the popcorn

http://img50.photobucket.com/albums/v154/CeeCee73/Smilies/popcorn.gif

dremarshall
10-25-2006, 02:54 PM
I totally agree, and that's why I'm glad that I heard the Cross Movement when I did back in 2002 because if I didn't, then I would probably still be thinking that some of the "other guys" I used to listen to were all that Christian Hip Hop had to offer

However, the Cross Movement, along with the Lamp Mode guys, Redeemed Thought, etc...are all about Jesus and they in no way run from that or try to hide it in hopes of becoming more mainstream.

Praise God! :)

What makes them all about Jesus?

jeyjey34
10-25-2006, 03:09 PM
What makes them all about Jesus?

Do I really have to answer that?

dremarshall
10-25-2006, 03:23 PM
Do I really have to answer that?

Yeah because cats really need to see this from other than me as a rapper, or from CMR or from Jefe or from Lampmode. It is indeed all about Jesus but what makes an artist all about Jesus. I mean we all know, but I met a dude that everyone loves, and he was acting mad funny. I had never ever heard or seen the dude, and he is in these that you mentioned. I have also heard of cats like T.R.U.T.H. & Deuce having brothers want to square up wit' em. So I'm asking that out of curiosity & people want to know.

mr808
10-25-2006, 03:54 PM
:D

I love you. Jesus loves you!

eyesofphaith
10-25-2006, 03:57 PM
I think alot of HHH listeners hear views concerning certain artist that come on this board concerning certain topics or get offended in that artist for what ever reason and x them off their list.

Dre I haven't agreed wit everything you said. But I will not x you off as someone I'll listen to because of that. The main thing is that we are serving the same Lord. This doesn't mean an artist who is in fact Christian will rap about a topic and be right all the time.

I think the biggest mistake an artist can make is actually coming on these boards. (I've already have so it's too late to back off now)

People hear you say one thing they don't agree with and x you off the map. They get offended in one thing you say and x you off the map.

The more you give your view on subjects and express those...the more opportunity for your mistakes in doctrine on a particular subject, or mistakes in mannerism are seen. People forget you are human and charge you as not being as serious or assume your music ministry is not as sound as a CM's or Lampmodes. After they are offended on here they don't even take the time to give you a listen.

I don't expect too many to listen in on ya boy anyway. I got songs that discuss me being seriously tempted to go sell crack after being saved:eek: Songs about me and my wife being near divorce some of our turmoil in depth:eek: That's a little too real and transparent for some on here. In the end to all: Don't hate on CM, Lampmode, Jefe, these guys are doing an excellent job. If you feel there's too much favortism, maybe one of you who feel that way.....need to ask vic or enquire elsewhere how to start your own mixshow website.

eternal
10-25-2006, 03:58 PM
Not every Christian is called to be a preacher.

Sadly, if you are a hip hop artist, people try and force you to be.

That is as bad as a Father forcing his son or daughter to be a preacher, even if God has not equipped that person with that particular gift.

We have enough people trying to operate in gifts the Father has not provided, and I pray that HHH fans in their zeal, don't force people and divide over folks who have a talent to rap, to preach.

We are all commissioned to preach the gospel, but we are not all "preachers" or "teachers" or pastors. Perhaps an artist you feel is ashamed of the gospel and not a good Christian because they don't give sermons in their songs...perhaps God equips them to share the gospel in more intimate settings, one on ones and small groups.

We are all different, and share the gospel different. We must stop zip locking folks and labeling them according to our own particular prefferences.

eyesofphaith
10-25-2006, 03:58 PM
Your Pastor doesn't get it right 100% of the time doctrinally or in his mannerism yet you still go to his or her church right? Some can say yes, Some can say yes only because he or she hasn't offended them personally yet.

eyesofphaith
10-25-2006, 04:01 PM

That is as bad as a Father forcing his son or daughter to be a preacher, even if God has not equipped that person with that particular gift.

We have enough people trying to operate in gifts the Father has not provided, and I pray that HHH fans in their zeal, don't force people and divide over folks who have a talent to rap, to preach.

We are all commissioned to preach the gospel, but we are not all "preachers" or "teachers" or pastors. Perhaps an artist you feel is ashamed of the gospel and not a good Christian because they don't give sermons in their songs...perhaps God equips them to share the gospel in more intimate settings, one on ones and small groups.

We are all different, and share the gospel different. We must stop zip locking folks and labeling them according to our own particular prefferences.

AGREE 110% everyone is not going to give you scripture per say where their songs almost sound like they are reading directly from the bible but some will just give it to you metaphorically or paraphrase it in principle. Not paraphrase to the point the paraphrase is only a word here or there change from the actually scripture. I

mr808
10-25-2006, 04:03 PM

Good word there Shaun.

ctide
10-25-2006, 04:06 PM

I agree, I guess the paridox is that most all the non-preachers in HHH claim it to be a ministry and ask for donations or wanna be invited by a church to minister... and typically there is extreme arogance in many lyrics as well which is valid reason for dismisal of the music

Conviction Music
10-25-2006, 04:08 PM

But how do you distinguish Not preaching and Idle conversations When there is an opportunity to share Jesus Christ and its not taken? Everybody should remain the Salt of the world and Shine our lights. Its kinda hard keepin that a secret if thats what we are supposed to do. Everybody cant break down Jesus the God man 200% but every man should be able to give their hope in Christ Jesus and profess his name and be apart of the Great Commision.

Conviction Music
10-25-2006, 04:09 PM
I agree, I guess the paridox is that most all the non-preachers in HHH claim it to be a ministry and ask for donations or wanna be invited by a church to minister... and typically there is extreme arogance in many lyrics as well which is valid reason for dismisal of the music

Word son. What is the point of a christian rapper tellin me how hot he is?

eyesofphaith
10-25-2006, 04:10 PM

All those Christian rappers who tell us how hot they are should be referred to Proverbs 27 and verse 2 I believe. I apologize if I'm off.

jeyjey34
10-25-2006, 04:24 PM
Yeah because cats really need to see this from other than me as a rapper, or from CMR or from Jefe or from Lampmode. It is indeed all about Jesus but what makes an artist all about Jesus. I mean we all know, but I met a dude that everyone loves, and he was acting mad funny. I had never ever heard or seen the dude, and he is in these that you mentioned. I have also heard of cats like T.R.U.T.H. & Deuce having brothers want to square up wit' em. So I'm asking that out of curiosity & people want to know.

I'm not arguing of course :) , but if it's okay for you to say what you just did about something you've seen, then you shouldn't have a problem with people saying stuff about the things that they've seen from guys like Joel Osteen and Creflo Dollar and Benny Hinn...etc...etc.. :)

kingsman2ki
10-25-2006, 04:29 PM
I'm not arguing of course :) , but if it's okay for you to say what you just did about something you've seen, then you shouldn't have a problem with people saying stuff about the things that they've seen from guys like Joel Osteen and Creflo Dollar and Benny Hinn...etc...etc.. :)

Uh Oh.... here we go...:rolleyes:

ctide
10-25-2006, 04:34 PM

or if you wanna say how hot you are, dont be offended when i dont invite you to an outreach

Conviction Music
10-25-2006, 04:37 PM
or if you wanna say how hot you are, dont be offended when i dont invite you to an outreach

right

dogfight!
10-25-2006, 04:45 PM
I dont think there's a smiley to describe how sad this thread makes me feel.

ZestD
10-25-2006, 05:03 PM
even us "overly religious" folk?

Yes even you.

Conviction Music
10-25-2006, 05:09 PM
Yes even you.

Wow! There is a ban waiting around the corner with your name on it

dremarshall
10-25-2006, 05:15 PM
All those Christian rappers who tell us how hot they are should be referred to Proverbs 27 and verse 2 I believe. I apologize if I'm off.
Why can't he say he is hot?? I don't but why is this wrong. In Numbers Moses said he was the humblest man in all the earth.

dremarshall
10-25-2006, 05:16 PM

Only thing though this is factual not opinionated. I've heard from both sides of this incident, so KNOW it's true.

ZestD
10-25-2006, 05:16 PM
Oh, so I guess your the "chaffy" type hugh.
;)

Everyone has a place.

dremarshall
10-25-2006, 05:17 PM
we not even talking about preaching... just getting it right seems to be hard enough!
Yo that's real talk man

ctide
10-25-2006, 05:22 PM
Why can't he say he is hot?? I don't but why is this wrong. In Numbers Moses said he was the humblest man in all the earth.

Let the lips of another man praise you and not your own

5 things,

1) Moses most likely didnt actually write that, but rather it was added later

2) It was inspired by God

3) It was written before the book of proverbs

4) It is the only account of Moses saying anything close to that (if he did write it) out of 5 of the longest books of the bible that he penned

5) www.gettheheckoutofmyfacebeforeidestroyyou.com

dremarshall
10-25-2006, 05:43 PM
Let the lips of another man praise you and not your own

5 things,

1) Moses most likely didnt actually write that, but rather it was added later

2) It was inspired by God

3) It was written before the book of proverbs

4) It is the only account of Moses saying anything close to that (if he did write it) out of 5 of the longest books of the bible that he penned

5) www.gettheheckoutofmyfacebeforeidestroyyou.com
Who wrote numbers??? We take the word as is right?? now you are justifying. Let the bible speak for itself right?? Not saying it's right to say you're hot! My favorite HHH line says- life is the stage Christ is the soloist Dre just a claymade background vocalist.

The other says I never said I can rhyme I only said God's the bomb and when the mic is mine JESUS will be in it everytime. These two sum up how I feel about ministry, if you think you're hot good! But God is who I rep PERIOD.

But Moses did write that...*smh* One Love C, I appreciate your response!

mr808
10-25-2006, 05:51 PM
even us "overly religious" folk?

No, just all of the brothers and sisters following Jesus.

Dont put words in my mouth or anyone else.

I love you guys and what you're doing. That's why Ive been sending music your way (well, until the last mailing bounced because I dont have your new address). That's why I spent several hours on the phone with you and Milton when I didnt have the time, to help you with your radio program. That's also why Im not going to say bad things about you in public or inprivate. Because I love you. I just wish it felt reciprocal but at the end of the day, God didnt put me where I was to make you happy with how we approach our ministry through music.

Im not going to participate in the barbs being thrown nor will I allow anyone knowingly do it on our (Sphere of Hip Hop's) behalf. We're above that... meaning, Christ commands us to love other and to endure with them ;)

So I hope to spared the "I said that but didnt really mean anything" when someone did really mean it... stuff.

mr808
10-25-2006, 05:52 PM
Here is a repost of something that got lost in the crash in response to a version of this topic...

For the record, Sphere of Hip Hop:
*has an owner who loves Jesus Christ more than anything. He has also spent the better part of the last 12 years giving everything he has (time and money) towards supporting various Christian ministries.
*is nearing 10 years old, March 1 2007
*will cover almost anything submitted. If it isnt being covered, its probably because we arent getting the music nor the information
*will cover any sub-genre of hip-hop
*will cover and support stuff like Lampmode AND stuff like Deepspace 5. If the person is seeking Jesus, we want to support it.
*has helped almost every label and major group out there in some form or fashion. I personally do alot of consulting work
*is not biased. You're a sillyhead for thinking and saying if that shoe fits. In the past we passed on covering certain stuff simply because we didnt have a writer that was into said particular style enough to give a solid review to it.
*has its heart in supporting Christians (doing music) involved in church ministry related efforts and also those out in unchurched fields.
*does not brag about how dope we are or boast about our position in this scene. Im quite confident and aware of where we fit in and just how good we're doing at it. It still doesnt mean we should even focus on that otherwise we're missing the God given goal.
*has nothing to hide and that is why I feel God has given us favor in certain areas like being able to minister to different mainstream artists. You probably didnt know that but its because I keep it private, dont brag and dont press release stuff like that to make me/the site look 'good' in the eyes of people. We're in the business of serving God Almighty and not into saying/doing all the 'right' things to simply appear righteous. It's not just theory, it is practice.

What some people think...
Is simply based on assumptions and false information. It's easy to not like something when you 'hear' something or form a perception about it without true and proper fact finding. Ask me directly if you have question.

Message boards...
What people talk about on the Sphere of Hip Hop forum has little to do with our 'support' of any group, record label or style of music. Nor does it have any effect on my approach in regards to those things. Kind of like how you message board typers dont necessarily relfect the views of HCR.

My 'ministry philosophy' is simple:
We're trying to reach a broader audience than just the church. This is something I wrestled with for almost a year before starting Sphere of Hip Hop 10 years ago. During this time I consulted: several pastors, half a dozen professors at the bible college I attended, close friends and family. We present the music and information on its own merits and let believers/non-believers decide what to think on their own.

So...
The subtle disses and jabs can stop once and for all. You know it isn't Christ-like nor is it encouraging to me or anyone else. It reflects poorly on the ministry work of HCR and the people that pour their time into it. Some of the stuff Ive read here in the past really has hurt me. Hurt me to the point of drawing me near depression. Time to grow past that and start speaking Life instead of hurt.

Ive also read some downright slanderous and racist comments. No, we dont just feature 'white' artists. Bad assumption there. Heck, my 2 best friends arent even white. One is Black and one is Asian. So you can step back from that one for sure because it's absolutely false and pretty much not a cool thing to be suggesting. It does make me laugh though.

So since Lampmode has mostly light skinned rappers, what does that mean? LOL, nothing.

Im easy to reach...
http://www.sphereofhiphop.com and hit the CONTACT page.

So, God bless you.

Bible_Man
10-25-2006, 06:20 PM
reminds me of the Phelps group comming at the Amish. Like, both of them have some flaws going on, but one likes to obliterate the next. At the end of the day, when the world looks on, the zeal of the Phelps looks like crazy mouth foaming, and the Amish look like saints for silently taking the jabs. haha, i just thought that was kinda funny.

ZestD
10-25-2006, 06:29 PM
reminds me of the Phelps group comming at the Amish. Like, both of them have some flaws going on, but one likes to obliterate the next. At the end of the day, when the world looks on, the zeal of the Phelps looks like crazy mouth foaming, and the Amish look like saints for silently taking the jabs. haha, i just thought that was kinda funny.
So which one is the Phelps?

eternal
10-25-2006, 07:49 PM
But how do you distinguish Not preaching and Idle conversations When there is an opportunity to share Jesus Christ and its not taken? Everybody should remain the Salt of the world and Shine our lights. Its kinda hard keepin that a secret if thats what we are supposed to do. Everybody cant break down Jesus the God man 200% but every man should be able to give their hope in Christ Jesus and profess his name and be apart of the Great Commision.

Everybody must give an account for their faith, amen! But we all have different skill and personality sets for how we do that. Not everyone can be on a stage and talk to a large group of people. Some who are able to do that are not able to be very effective in one on one situations. Those who might be excellent in the one on one setting might not be so good in street evangelism. Those who are might not be able to effectively communicate the gospel in small groups. Those who are capable of doing this in small groups might not be so good in making universal appeals to faceless people on a record.

We are all different. Yes we must share and spread the gospel in word and deed. But that all plays out differently. We MUST recognize this or we are going to kill off the very movement we claim we are trying to protect.

peace.

mr808
10-25-2006, 08:55 PM
woah...hold up there. I quoted "overly religious" from the sphere board... not from you. its koooo.... be eeeeeeasy plas.

Vic,
that is exactly what is at the heart of this stuff... Im not picking this 'fight' but people on a message forum(s) are saying it. Tact sometimes is lacking but I think it would be silly for me to (for example) brand everyone that visits HCR as 'religious fanatical know it alls' or something. That aint right nor is it fact. The leap in logic from such an assumption to it being something that embodies the whole, is simply put... a stupid leap of logic.

What people say on the Sphere of Hip Hop forum doesnt necessarily represent the views of me personally nor the site. It's an open forum for people to discuss and to LEARN (whether it be about Christ, making a beat, writing lyrics, making artwork or whatever happens to be the topic). That's why I welcome anyone as that allows many MANY opportunities to apply what we know as followers of Jesus. Practical application and the ability to help people grow. Challenging folks. It's proven to be a good strategy. It works for us but might not be right for everyone. Which is why Im thankful you have a forum here too. Choice is good.

So please forgive me for seeming protective about such a topic... because this irresponsible banter that sometimes happens (indirectly on the behalf) is harmful. Harmful to people. Harmful to what we're all trying to do. Which is why I do my best to not aid such things in any way I can. We've spoken to our moderator team several years ago to watch out for this sort of thing.

The infighting makes me want to vomit.

mr808
10-25-2006, 08:56 PM
Another good post Eternal! daps.

eternal
10-26-2006, 11:48 AM
Everybody must give an account for their faith, amen! But we all have different skill and personality sets for how we do that. Not everyone can be on a stage and talk to a large group of people. Some who are able to do that are not able to be very effective in one on one situations. Those who might be excellent in the one on one setting might not be so good in street evangelism. Those who are might not be able to effectively communicate the gospel in small groups. Those who are capable of doing this in small groups might not be so good in making universal appeals to faceless people on a record.

We are all different. Yes we must share and spread the gospel in word and deed. But that all plays out differently. We MUST recognize this or we are going to kill off the very movement we claim we are trying to protect.

peace.

I agree Plastic. That is pretty good.

Now let me go fix a toilet before I get a big head.

Cowboy
06-28-2007, 02:28 AM
Here is a repost of something that got lost in the crash in response to a version of this topic...

*has an owner who loves Jesus Christ more than anything. He has also spent the better part of the last 12 years giving everything he has (time and money) towards supporting various Christian ministries.
*will cover almost anything submitted. If it isnt being covered, its probably because we arent getting the music nor the information
*will cover and support stuff like Lampmode AND stuff like Deepspace 5. If the person is seeking Jesus, we want to support it.
*has helped almost every label and major group out there in some form or fashion. I personally do alot of consulting work
*is not biased. You're a sillyhead for thinking and saying if that shoe fits. In the past we passed on covering certain stuff simply because we didnt have a writer that was into said particular style enough to give a solid review to it.
*has its heart in supporting Christians (doing music) involved in church ministry related efforts and also those out in unchurched fields.
*does not brag about how dope we are or boast about our position in this scene. Im quite confident and aware of where we fit in and just how good we're doing at it. It still doesnt mean we should even focus on that otherwise we're missing the God given goal.
*has nothing to hide and that is why I feel God has given us favor in certain areas like being able to minister to different mainstream artists. You probably didnt know that but its because I keep it private, dont brag and dont press release stuff like that to make me/the site look 'good' in the eyes of people. We're in the business of serving God Almighty and not into saying/doing all the 'right' things to simply appear righteous. It's not just theory, it is practice.

Is simply based on assumptions and false information. It's easy to not like something when you 'hear' something or form a perception about it without true and proper fact finding. Ask me directly if you have question.

Message boards...
What people talk about on the Sphere of Hip Hop forum has little to do with our 'support' of any group, record label or style of music. Nor does it have any effect on my approach in regards to those things. Kind of like how you message board typers dont necessarily relfect the views of HCR.

We're trying to reach a broader audience than just the church. This is something I wrestled with for almost a year before starting Sphere of Hip Hop 10 years ago. During this time I consulted: several pastors, half a dozen professors at the bible college I attended, close friends and family. We present the music and information on its own merits and let believers/non-believers decide what to think on their own.

So...
The subtle disses and jabs can stop once and for all. You know it isn't Christ-like nor is it encouraging to me or anyone else. It reflects poorly on the ministry work of HCR and the people that pour their time into it. Some of the stuff Ive read here in the past really has hurt me. Hurt me to the point of drawing me near depression. Time to grow past that and start speaking Life instead of hurt.

Ive also read some downright slanderous and racist comments. No, we dont just feature 'white' artists. Bad assumption there. Heck, my 2 best friends arent even white. One is Black and one is Asian. So you can step back from that one for sure because it's absolutely false and pretty much not a cool thing to be suggesting. It does make me laugh though.

So since Lampmode has mostly light skinned rappers, what does that mean? LOL, nothing.

Im easy to reach...

So, God bless you.

This was good stuff.

Zee
06-28-2007, 03:21 AM
ya see... lately, God has been challenging me on leaning not on my own understanding on how to handle issues concerning HCR and its growth... he's been teaching me that His ways, though often times looked as rigid, or illogical, are always the best ways of doing things. The please everyone, play everyone idea is not an idea birthed from His Kingdom. That's mans way of accomplishing things. Even if HCR starts to attrack less people, Im cool with that. At one time I wanted to be #1 in HHH. That was out of immaturity. Thats not our focus anylonger.
I respect that right there. Especially the bolded part.

Zee
06-28-2007, 03:35 AM

Message boards...

So...

Im easy to reach...

So, God bless you.Amen.

Tha God In Me
06-28-2007, 12:03 PM
ministry through music.

I think a lot of people lose sight of this ^ point. The Gospel and to bring glory to God through our lives is our ministry. If hip hop is a part of your life then it should become your ministry, but hip hop music is just that, music...yes, an art form, so I'm just CHANNELing my ministry/ the gospel through hip hop, cause hip hop by itself is just an art form and expression.
Calling your music "holy hip hop" doesn't make your music more a ministry than another, cause that's just a CHOICE of term. Holy hip hop is HIP HOP ( I think it gets corny when someone says it's not). HIP HOP is just a STLYE of music. But if you are indeed born again then using a channel as reaching as hip hop should definitly be dedicated to God getting the glory and letting him use your God given talent, not for you to just be in it to be HIP HOP and explore your inner desires to just be a dope RAPPER guy.
I like good hip hop music with good emcees where GOD is magnified and glorified.