PDA

View Full Version : A lack of trust in people...

naijagirl
10-25-2006, 01:41 PM
This is something I honestly struggle with. As much as I try to, I can't trust other people. Not even my own mother. I'm in a church that believes in community, discipleship etc, and I believe that too...but I can't get myself to trust people. As my mom says, "People are fickle". IMO, people bend like reeds in the wind. I have met so many Christian people who have shut me out, and that leaves me thinking "Why should I trust them?" I don't even know if this is coming out right or not...I just can't stand people anymore. Sometimes I wonder why I talk to A, if I know A is gonna roll in their clique, and leave me out, and still profess to be a Christian. It seems in every single society, even in Christendom, I'm seen as an outcast. Oh well...
This has been bothering me for quite some time now, up to the point that it's grinding my bones.

mr808
10-25-2006, 04:15 PM
People will fail you. Dont be afraid to trust people with that in mind. Your character in Jesus will be more important than will feeling like you now cant trust someone who wronged you.

I used to struggle in the same way but see things differently now. You can live life to the fullness or just keep holding back. That might be harmful to you and make for less opportunities to share your light.

Enlighten
10-25-2006, 04:29 PM
You cant tryust people will fail you, my Pastor said "not to even trust in her cause she can fail you" and I agree with that. We must trust in God and the Christ with in people, we must trust that God will work his discernment with in us to know and understand when we can trust people and when we need to be watchful.

Psalmist
10-25-2006, 04:29 PM
don't put your faith in people....put it in God. People will fail you...but no man is an island.

ZestD
10-25-2006, 04:38 PM
This is something I honestly struggle with. As much as I try to, I can't trust other people. Not even my own mother. I'm in a church that believes in community, discipleship etc, and I believe that too...but I can't get myself to trust people. As my mom says, "People are fickle". IMO, people bend like reeds in the wind. I have met so many Christian people who have shut me out, and that leaves me thinking "Why should I trust them?" I don't even know if this is coming out right or not...I just can't stand people anymore. Sometimes I wonder why I talk to A, if I know A is gonna roll in their clique, and leave me out, and still profess to be a Christian. It seems in every single society, even in Christendom, I'm seen as an outcast. Oh well...
This has been bothering me for quite some time now, up to the point that it's grinding my bones.
Amen.

I deal with that and also in being critical of 'churched' people and the discernment of whether they are fake and whatnot.

dogfight!
10-25-2006, 04:57 PM
With people, I try to expect the best but prepare for the worst.

ZestD
10-25-2006, 05:02 PM
In my experience, I got saved at age 19 and knew I had to get away from home. I started to attend a Bible college about 2 months after coming to the Lord. The worst environment at this school. Very cliqueish and backbiting and very, very fake. There were RA's getting arrested for fraud and being dragged out of the residence halls, ministry team leaders having sex with each other and even a professor fired for cheating on her husband with a student. I can't stand most 'christians' as a result, unless I can see they are true and real. That's something you can't really fake.