PDA

View Full Version : I feel like giving up

albraggs
10-25-2006, 01:34 PM
I don’t know how long I can hold on, keep the faith, and let go and let God. It’s getting harder for me. I really trying to let go and let God but it’s hard and keep stressing me out. I keep gtting tempted to do things I know I should not do. Older men are coming up to me and wanting to talk about things I don’t want to talk about. They stare at me and it scares me. I don’t even want to walk to work at times. One men stop in the middle of the road to look at me. I worry about college and my mom who decide to stay with her boyfriend after I told her I don't feel comfortable around him. It’s like she doesn’t care what I think. I can’t do this anymore. I am struggling like crazy with my relationship with my Father. I don’t know what to do anymore.

Asia

Bible_Man
10-25-2006, 01:36 PM
hey sis im praying for you. some fellow sisters, please surround her and support her

eve
10-25-2006, 01:56 PM
hey, asia:

i know times get challenging, but keep your focus right. one of the reasons it's always safe to keep focused on the excellence and love of God is because His character never fails. He doesn't withold anything good from you. He never leaves. In fact, His eye never leaves you. Focusing on your own self and situation and the craziness of this human world will always lead to disappointment.

Focus on Christ and His Word.

Whenever I have rough times God is soo faithful to get me to shift my focus off myself and a pissy situation, and to focus on He who is perfect. My attitude ALWAYS changes then! Why don't you go and meditate on Psalm 69. situations don't stay the same.

be encouraged, sis.

i'll hit you on the PM.

C.A.J.E ILLS
10-25-2006, 02:23 PM
Oh my dear sista, please hold it together and don't back pedal
Cause anytime you take God outta life Chaos is inevittable
Even my man Phanatik said this walk is incredible
So you gotta endure these heavy times cause your rewards will be inmeasurable..
Run away from God you may indulge in sin, and that won't get you higher
You only gettin yourself a oneway pass to the Lake of Fire
OUR GOD GOTS TO PUT YOU THROUGH SOME STRIFE
CAUSE IF HE DON"T, HOW IS HE GOING TO GET TRUE GLORY OUT YOUR LIFE?
YOU are His loving bride every woman and man is His wife
His mercy and grace holds you together and keeps you tight
So don't think of stepping out of the grace God, cause if you do you are only committing suicide..

When in bad times like these , this is the best time to praise Him the most..
Thank Him for this storm, and don't give that devil the credit...
God is in control..He's trying to show you something..Praise Him! for this..
Remeber VICTORY is already yours, there is always light at the end of the tunnel...Your faith will strengthen after this, don't worry GOD IS IN CONTROL

Danielle
10-25-2006, 02:30 PM
Asia, your trials and obstacles are only temporary, you will look back on your life 5 years from now and thank God for keeping and preserving you. Don't give up now because it seems as if you can't make it, keep going so that you will have a testimony, and be able to tell young girls what you went through, and how God brought you out, and gave YOU the victory. Your purpose and future is brighter and better than any circumstance that you are facing at this time. You continue to pray and ask God for His strength, and His word states that He will NEVER leave you nor will He EVER forsake you. I will be praying. Pm me anytime you need to talk.

lisajames96
10-25-2006, 02:50 PM
Asia, your trials and obstacles are only temporary, you will look back on your life 5 years from now and thank God for keeping and preserving you. Don't give up now because it seems as if you can't make it, keep going so that you will have a testimony, and be able to tell young girls what you went through, and how God brought you out, and gave YOU the victory. Your purpose and future is brighter and better than any circumstance that you are facing at this time. You continue to pray and ask God for His strength, and His word states that He will NEVER leave you nor will He EVER forsake you. I will be praying. Pm me anytime you need to talk.

Amen,
We are praying for you Asia. Can you talk on yahoo right now?

dremarshall
10-25-2006, 02:53 PM
I'm praying for you. For real!

mr808
10-25-2006, 03:56 PM
Hey young sis,

Let me share your signature with you:
"I can do everything through him who gives me strength" -Philippians 4:13

You can do it. Living for Jesus wont always be easy, nor will it. Make Christ your focus as best as you can. Dont be afraid to talk with another sister in the faith about what is going on. Sometimes just sharing can help you.

Stand strong.

LifeInReturn
10-25-2006, 04:01 PM
Hey babygirl. Just remember that we all have a race that is set before us and this is yours. Run it. This is YOUR race b/c this is what will cause Asia to live her life as God intended. It will be what gets you in shape as you make it to the finish line. You need that second wind right now. Focus on how far our Father has brought you and know that it has not been, and will not EVER be, in vain.

Hebrews 12:1-13 ESV
1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,
2 looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.
3 Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted.
4 In your struggle against sin you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood.
5 And have you forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons? "My son, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord, nor be weary when reproved by him.
6 For the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and chastises every son whom he receives."
7 It is for discipline that you have to endure. God is treating you as sons. For what son is there whom his father does not discipline?
8 If you are left without discipline, in which all have participated, then you are illegitimate children and not sons.
9 Besides this, we have had earthly fathers who disciplined us and we respected them. Shall we not much more be subject to the Father of spirits and live?
10 For they disciplined us for a short time as it seemed best to them, but he disciplines us for our good, that we may share his holiness.
11 For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.
12 Therefore lift your drooping hands and strengthen your weak knees,
13 and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be put out of joint but rather be healed.

Single Eye
10-25-2006, 04:07 PM
I donít know how long I can hold on, keep the faith, and let go and let God. Itís getting harder for me. I really trying to let go and let God but itís hard and keep stressing me out. I keep gtting tempted to do things I know I should not do. Older men are coming up to me and wanting to talk about things I donít want to talk about. They stare at me and it scares me. I donít even want to walk to work at times. One men stop in the middle of the road to look at me. I worry about college and my mom who decide to stay with her boyfriend after I told her I don't feel comfortable around him. Itís like she doesnít care what I think. I canít do this anymore. I am struggling like crazy with my relationship with my Father. I donít know what to do anymore.

Asia

hey sis, in times like these i think it'd be most helpful for you to keep a perspective of ETERNITY and really try and stay in that mindstate. i even would suggest you getting out and maybe sharing your faith with someone...or helping someone else that you know needs an ear. you probably don't feel like it, but God's grace is sufficient! and it would be invaluable for you to experience the grace of God using you during a tough time like this! keep your focus, stay around people who are strong in the Lord, if that is available, if not....ask the Lord to direct you to strong fellowship and pray with that/those person(s). may the Lord grant you grace to perservere and enable you to grow in understanding and in knowledge during this season of your life. don't miss the lessons...examine your circumstances by the light of the Word and ask the Lord to give you an open heart to see how He is using this to conform you more and more into the image of Christ. reflect on the suffering of Christ, and others like paul and try to model their example of being content under all circumstances, we HAVE to learn to be content...unfortunately this is the method by which we have to learn, is going through! love you sis! be strong in the LORD!

montenell
10-25-2006, 05:50 PM
praying for you, its going to get better, i know how you feel though. " the afflicitions of the righteous are many but God delivers him (or her in your case) from them all

simplyG
10-25-2006, 05:53 PM
Many prayers for you. Stay strong and KEEP GOD!

shekinahsmoke
10-25-2006, 10:20 PM
:( man.. no way.. no way.. hold on to Christ's feet. grab tight. He's all WE GOT! Look to Him for your strength. Read the book of Job again.

dezinee
10-26-2006, 08:02 AM
I donít know how long I can hold on, keep the faith, and let go and let God. Itís getting harder for me. I really trying to let go and let God but itís hard and keep stressing me out. I keep gtting tempted to do things I know I should not do. Older men are coming up to me and wanting to talk about things I donít want to talk about. They stare at me and it scares me. I donít even want to walk to work at times. One men stop in the middle of the road to look at me. I worry about college and my mom who decide to stay with her boyfriend after I told her I don't feel comfortable around him. Itís like she doesnít care what I think. I canít do this anymore. I am struggling like crazy with my relationship with my Father. I donít know what to do anymore.

Asia

I'll be praying 4 you
and remember God loves YOU! and he Will see you Through!

albraggs
10-26-2006, 04:58 PM
Thanks for praying. God Bless you all and I love yall.
Asia

Poetikmind
10-26-2006, 05:11 PM

Asia

Please remember that the Lord will not put anymore on you than you can bear! Corinthians 10:13 Our God is sooo good and you are victorious with Christ...hang in there yo God's gotchu!

There is a track my husband CAJE has called "Suicide" that goes there on wanting to give up if you want to listen to, it may minister to you right now you can visit his myspace page at www.myspace.com/divinebeetz

U will be in my prayers fam. God Bless!

illuminaticx
10-26-2006, 05:26 PM
I know what you are going through. I'm sure most of us here can relate. I've actually given up on my faith before and blamed God for all my trouble. I think we all go through trials to strengthen are relationship with God. I couldn't find comfort in anyone or anything besides God during those times. God allowed me to go through some hard times to strengthen my faith in Him because He's the only one that can sustain us. I will be praying for you as I know the Lord with strengthen your heart to continue on in faith. No one said the road would be easy but God will see you through. If He brought you to it then He'll bring you through it. Stay encouraged sis and don't give up. :) God Bless you,

J =]

jnorman888
10-26-2006, 05:57 PM
I don’t know how long I can hold on, keep the faith, and let go and let God. It’s getting harder for me. I really trying to let go and let God but it’s hard and keep stressing me out. I keep gtting tempted to do things I know I should not do. Older men are coming up to me and wanting to talk about things I don’t want to talk about. They stare at me and it scares me. I don’t even want to walk to work at times. One men stop in the middle of the road to look at me. I worry about college and my mom who decide to stay with her boyfriend after I told her I don't feel comfortable around him. It’s like she doesn’t care what I think. I can’t do this anymore. I am struggling like crazy with my relationship with my Father. I don’t know what to do anymore.

Asia

Wear a covering over your head, like a veil, a hat or something. It's cold and that way men won't really get a good look at what you look like. Also walk to college with friends and other like minded people.

God bless