PDA

View Full Version : We Had A Bomb Threat At My Job Yesterday And I Didn't Follow Protocol... Am I Wrong?

Shirverlion
10-25-2006, 12:32 PM
So yesterday I am sitting at my desk minding my own business when the Director comes up to me and says very calmly, "Stop what you're doing, we had two bomb threats called in and you need to leave." Now the first thing that came to my mind was, "What do you mean two? Why didn't you warn me after the first one?" Anyways, so the past few months we have been practicing fire drills and where each area should go after an emergency, but for some reason none of that seemed to apply as I litterally pushed old ladies to the floor trying to get out this building to safety. We were all supposed to meet up at a designated area near the parking lot but I just got in my car and waved to everybody and left. Was I wrong for that?

shekinahsmoke
10-25-2006, 12:34 PM
arent u supposed to be a Christian, Mr. Sam? :p What fear of death would u have? :)

Devin
10-25-2006, 12:35 PM
So yesterday I am sitting at my desk minding my own business when the Director comes up to me and says very calmly, "Stop what you're doing, we had two bomb threats called in and you need to leave." Now the first thing that came to my mind was, "What do you mean two? Why didn't you warn me after the first one?" Anyways, so the past few months we have been practicing fire drills and where each area should go after an emergency, but for some reason none of that seemed to apply as I litterally pushed old ladies to the floor trying to get out this building to safety. We were all supposed to meet up at a designated area near the parking lot but I just got in my car and waved to everybody and left. Was I wrong for that?

ROTFL

Shirverlion
10-25-2006, 12:39 PM
arent u supposed to be a Christian, Mr. Sam? :p What fear of death would u have? :)

Yeah,:( but I just kept thinking, "I ain't trying to go out like this!" It sounds crazy, but I really wanted to live another day. The funny thing is, I'm not scared to die, but I kinda wanna have some say so in the way I go. Isn't that stupid?

Shock~Therapy
10-25-2006, 12:41 PM
I litterally pushed old ladies to the floor trying to get out this building to safety. We were all supposed to meet up at a designated area near the parking lot but I just got in my car and waved to everybody and left. Was I wrong for that?

Oh My. LOL!! :p

CHRISTion
10-25-2006, 12:43 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/lol/5.gif
This was even funny over the internet...and I thought it would only be funny when you told me ROFL

Elekt
10-25-2006, 12:46 PM

bro, I probably would have done the same thing...:D

NinaNeen
10-25-2006, 12:48 PM
This was even funny over the internet...and I thought it would only be funny when you told me ROFL

:D :D :D :D wow rotfl...^^^ co-sign

Devin
10-25-2006, 12:49 PM

yeah....man thats hilarious....the whole time i was thinking "sheesh.....what a PUNK!!!!!"

Shirverlion
10-25-2006, 12:55 PM
yeah....man thats hilarious....the whole time i was thinking "sheesh.....what a PUNK!!!!!"

:( so I was wrong?

Devin
10-25-2006, 12:56 PM
:( so I was wrong?

im not saying u was wrong...im just saying u was a straight
P-U-N-K!

doesnt necessarily mean you were wrong...but i think we all can agree that youz a punk!....rotfl....

CHRISTion
10-25-2006, 12:58 PM
dude...you know you aint wrong 4 that...I would've punched someone in the face if they mentioned "the second time" to me...

Danielle
10-25-2006, 12:59 PM
lol, you said you was claiming over old ladies, don't worry I would have gotten out too. No shame, I know your co-workers were mad at you. And to be honest in times like those forget protocols, i'm trying to live, every man for himself lol

TrueConvert
10-25-2006, 12:59 PM
That is very funny, homes.

J Hoyt
10-25-2006, 01:13 PM
No one said it yet?!

You pulled a George Costanza!

savedbygracealone
10-25-2006, 01:16 PM
funny but sad. and YES, you were wrong. ill say it and tell u the truth.
Proverbs 27:6
Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses.

CHRISTion
10-25-2006, 01:29 PM
Why was he wrong Jolene???

http://www.infynity.spodzone.com/misc/images/bleeding-heart.png

savedbygracealone
10-25-2006, 01:31 PM
ummm... he was PUSHING OLD LADIES DOWN... ummm what happened to esteeming others higher than yourself, putting others needs in front of yours... um LAY DOWN YOUR LIFE for a friend? you know... all that good stuff?

Devin
10-25-2006, 01:32 PM
ummm... he was PUSHING OLD LADIES DOWN... ummm what happened to esteeming others higher than yourself, putting others needs in front of yours... um LAY DOWN YOUR LIFE for a friend? you know... all that good stuff?

all that went out of the window along with his manhood as soon as he heard "BOMB!!!"

P-U-N-K:D

Shock~Therapy
10-25-2006, 01:35 PM
funny but sad. and YES, you were wrong. ill say it and tell u the truth.
Proverbs 27:6
Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses.
I didn't think he was being serious with the question. I think he KNEW he was in the wrong.

jeyjey34
10-25-2006, 01:35 PM

So he should patiently wait behind an old lady if there's a bomb in the building? :confused:

CHRISTion
10-25-2006, 01:39 PM
Why was he wrong Jolene???

http://www.infynity.spodzone.com/misc/images/bleeding-heart.png
(for those that can't see that, it's a bleeding heart)

savedbygracealone
10-25-2006, 01:41 PM
well, first, let me apologize. lol i realized when reading over my post that it sounded harsh... i was saying it in a dry humor way... although i was serious. lol. :) i should've added a smiley to denote the non-mean tone.

anyway, you tell me what it means to lay down your life for someone else, jj. what it means to esteem others as higher than yourself, to be self sacrificing, etc, if not to in such a circumstance do exactly that.

now, granted, i've never been in such a situation, and i dont know what i would do, but the truth is that you probably shouldnt be shoving people out of the way trying to get out, especially old ladies, particularly because the message you are literally saying is "my life is more important than yours, MOVE."

ladies, what if your husband did that when you were faced with a dangerous situation? :eek:

Shirverlion
10-25-2006, 01:42 PM
I didn't think he was being serious with the question. I think he KNEW he was in the wrong.

Actually I HONESTLY didn't think I was wrong. I'm with JeyJey on this one. Was I really supposed to wait for them to get out?

Shock~Therapy
10-25-2006, 01:43 PM
Actually I HONESTLY didn't think I was wrong. I'm with JeyJey on this one. Was I really supposed to wait for them to get out?
ok. lol. So I assumed wrong. :eek: you are a straight up PUNK then.

Shirverlion
10-25-2006, 01:45 PM

:(

Devin
10-25-2006, 01:47 PM

thats right....pump up that Punkticity......its Punkalicious baby!!!Real Punks do Real Punk things......

Quiet storm
10-25-2006, 01:50 PM

If you litterally pushed old ladies to the floor (I hope you really didnt) then that was wrong cause if that was your mother I am quite sure you wouldn't want some dude pushing her out the way. I have been in a life/death situation and even though my thought was to get the heck out of there as a Christian I was concerned with making sure everybody was safe. So yes I am holier than thou :)

CHRISTion
10-25-2006, 01:51 PM
well, first, let me apologize. lol i realized when reading over my post that it sounded harsh... i was saying it in a dry humor way... although i was serious. lol. :) i should've added a smiley to denote the non-mean tone.

anyway, you tell me what it means to lay down your life for someone else, jj. what it means to esteem others as higher than yourself, to be self sacrificing, etc, if not to in such a circumstance do exactly that.

now, granted, i've never been in such a situation, and i dont know what i would do, but the truth is that you probably shouldnt be shoving people out of the way trying to get out, especially old ladies, particularly because the message you are literally saying is "my life is more important than yours, MOVE."

ladies, what if your husband did that when you were faced with a dangerous situation? :eek:Jolene, I think you just took Sam's post and made it too serious. He was just sharing a funny story...I KNOW Sam personally and I can vouch for him-if it meant him saving his life over his girls, he'd choose her... so in this instance, he just added funny stuff like knocking old women down-he didn't ACTUALLY do this...so just take the post for what it is... a scary black dude who didn't wanna get blown up into "Pink Mist" ;)

Devin
10-25-2006, 01:52 PM
Jolene, I think you just took Sam's post and made it too serious. He was just sharing a funny story...I KNOW Sam personally and I can vouch for him-if it meant him saving his life over his girls, he'd choose her... so in this instance, he just added funny stuff like knocking old women down-he didn't ACTUALLY do this...so just take the post for what it is... a scary black dude who didn't wanna get blown up into "Pink Mist" ;)

or as i like to call him.....PPUUUNNNKKKKK!!!!!!!

jeyjey34
10-25-2006, 01:52 PM

Of course I'm not saying that it's okay to push down old ladies.

If anything, you could help one or two of them to come along with you. I would tell one to get on my back or something. Or I'd just carry one out.

Quiet storm
10-25-2006, 01:53 PM
I would tell one to get on my back or something. Or I'd just carry one out.

Dude u aint that strong I have seen your pic

Devin
10-25-2006, 01:54 PM
Of course I'm not saying that it's okay to push down old ladies.

If anything, you could help one or two of them to come along with you. I would tell one to get on my back or something. Or I'd just carry one out.

NEGROE PLEASE...YOU COULDNT EVEN SUPPORT THAT KINDA WEIGHT...YOURE SO SKINNY YOU LOOK LIKE "HANGMAN" :p

J Hoyt
10-25-2006, 01:57 PM
I think so.

jeyjey34
10-25-2006, 01:59 PM
QS and Mad Loot, yall both are haters!

I'm stronger than I look, trust me. :cool: I can't bench press 300lbs or nothing, but I can hold my own.

Don't believe me?? Then come to my crib and check out the entertainment center that I carried up the steps to my apartment. :cool:

savedbygracealone
10-25-2006, 02:00 PM
Jolene, I think you just took Sam's post and made it too serious. He was just sharing a funny story...I KNOW Sam personally and I can vouch for him-if it meant him saving his life over his girls, he'd choose her... so in this instance, he just added funny stuff like knocking old women down-he didn't ACTUALLY do this...so just take the post for what it is... a scary black dude who didn't wanna get blown up into "Pink Mist" ;)
well... i must admitt i WAS entertained by the story... wait does that mean i'm being entertained by things that God HATES??? :eek: lol. no seriously. i did think it was funny tho...

Devin
10-25-2006, 02:00 PM
QS and Mad Loot, yall both are haters!

I'm stronger than I look, trust me. :cool: I can't bench press 300lbs or nothing, but I can hold my own.

Don't believe me?? Then come to my crib and check out the entertainment center that I carried up the steps to my apartment. :cool:

man please...you couldnt even poke the straw in your little juice box without assistance....

Quiet storm
10-25-2006, 02:01 PM
man please...you couldnt even poke the straw in your little juice box without assistance....

Hey time out now I struggle with that

savedbygracealone
10-25-2006, 02:05 PM
maaaaaaaan those things are NO JOKE. i tried to move one that i bought... ummmm that was crazy! i was seriously ROLLING the thing, end over end, it was SO heavy!

Devin
10-25-2006, 02:10 PM
maaaaaaaan those things are NO JOKE. i tried to move one that i bought... ummmm that was crazy! i was seriously ROLLING the thing, end over end, it was SO heavy!

did you try uninstalling it first?;)

b gain
10-25-2006, 02:18 PM
What's with all these punk references?

I thought that this was a hip hop site.....

................And the crowd goes mild.......

jeyjey34
10-25-2006, 02:20 PM
What's with all these punk references?

I thought that this was a hip hop site.....

................And the crowd goes mild.......

CORNY!!!!!! :D

savedbygracealone
10-25-2006, 02:26 PM
did you try uninstalling it first?;)
it was in the box!

Danielle
10-25-2006, 02:44 PM
I thought the story was funny, I didn't think that you was pushing old ladies to the ground lol, but in situations like that you really don't know how you would react. At this moment if shots were fired in my office space, I would be out, not because I am selfish, but it is common sense, grab my purse, and rush towards the exist, and call 911. I am just being really honest, if everyone is mobile enough to get out on there own then I would be out, now if there was someone who was not able to walk, I would just grab a hold to them, and be out this piece, better for them to have a few broken ribs then to be dead.

Shirverlion
10-25-2006, 02:53 PM
I actually did push a lady aside to get to the door. She looked at me and said, "Excuse me?!", I said, "What part of BOMB THREAT didn't you understand?" I didn't knock her to the ground, but she treated it like it was hoax and I was treating it like the real thing.

I did pray for the people and the building as I got on the freeway.

Psalmist
10-25-2006, 02:55 PM
If I did that at my job I'd be fired...but then again, I'd be responsible for 30 or so students as well!

J Hoyt
10-25-2006, 03:53 PM
If I did that at my job I'd be fired...but then again, I'd be responsible for 30 or so students as well!
Yeah, I'd be getting a talkin'-to at my job too and I'm not responsable for anyone. People at my work are more concerned with safety than anyone else I've ever heard of.

Devin
10-26-2006, 12:37 AM
I actually did push a lady aside to get to the door. She looked at me and said, "Excuse me?!", I said, "What part of BOMB THREAT didn't you understand?" I didn't knock her to the ground, but she treated it like it was hoax and I was treating it like the real thing.

I did pray for the people and the building as I got on the freeway.

i said it once....and i'll say it again...

PUUUUNNNKKKKK!!!!!!!

invisible man
10-26-2006, 01:07 AM

When I read this post I was cracking up! You would think older people would want younger people to get out first because they lived their life already. But thats not the case. Let women (no matter what age) and children get out first. Thats the proper way. But who knows how we will act in a life or death situation until we are faced with it.

invisible man
10-26-2006, 01:08 AM
i said it once....and i'll say it again...

PUUUUNNNKKKKK!!!!!!!

Ummm okay I think we get your point bruh.