PDA

View Full Version : Jeff & Cler-can we get a report on the WOTM experience?

CHRISTion
10-25-2006, 12:30 PM
Please? :)

djHeir
10-25-2006, 12:56 PM
Did they go to transformed? Is that what we're talkin bout??????

CHRISTion
10-25-2006, 12:57 PM
Yep :cool:
I missed it cuz I had to go to a wedding...:(

djHeir
10-25-2006, 12:58 PM
Man, I was listening to Todd talk about it and.....all I can say is that I'm seriously thinking about going to the Atlanta one.

Devin
10-25-2006, 12:59 PM
Yep :cool:
I missed it cuz I had to go to a wedding...:(

was it your own?:p

thankfull
10-25-2006, 01:15 PM
I heard WOTM radio yesterday and they were playing some clip from TD Jakes and it said "Touch your neighbor and tell them, I'm an amazon woman!" What was that all about? :confused: Was that part of the conference? :eek:

StreetSermonz
10-25-2006, 01:24 PM
Man, I was listening to Todd talk about it and.....all I can say is that I'm seriously thinking about going to the Atlanta one.
when is the Atlanta one?

naijagirl
10-25-2006, 01:28 PM
I heard WOTM radio yesterday and they were playing some clip from TD Jakes and it said "Touch your neighbor and tell them, I'm an amazon woman!" What was that all about? :confused: Was that part of the conference? :eek:
Noooo...that's the opening mish-mash....it has nothing to do with the conference. My favorite opening is the one with "A Whole New World"....lol. :p

djHeir
10-25-2006, 01:30 PM
I heard WOTM radio yesterday and they were playing some clip from TD Jakes and it said "Touch your neighbor and tell them, I'm an amazon woman!" What was that all about? :confused: Was that part of the conference? :eek:Yeah Tod was just being very silly by using a "get pumped up" clip from a Jakes conference.

Knyce924
10-25-2006, 02:12 PM
Yea from listening to WOTM, transformed sounded reaally awesome. This episode was one of my favorite episodes in awhile. :)

StreetSermonz
10-25-2006, 02:14 PM
Yeah Tod was just being very silly by using a "get pumped up" clip from a Jakes conference.
yeah, I don't like how Todd get's on Jakes on the show. He uses that clip too often and misrepresents Jakes from time to time without allowing any way for him to explain himself.

djHeir
10-25-2006, 02:23 PM
yeah, I don't like how Todd get's on Jakes on the show. He uses that clip too often and misrepresents Jakes from time to time without allowing any way for him to explain himself.I see your point, however I don't think they are attacking Jakes' ministry personally, there moreso attacking the oh-so-often attempt at the american church to catch the "jesus buzz" and get all high on God so that they can do it all again a week later.

StreetSermonz
10-25-2006, 03:08 PM
I see your point, however I don't think they are attacking Jakes' ministry personally, there moreso attacking the oh-so-often attempt at the american church to catch the "jesus buzz" and get all high on God so that they can do it all again a week later.
I feel you, but I listen to the show regularly and have heard him take some shots at Jakes in the past.

djHeir
10-25-2006, 03:36 PM
when is the Atlanta one?December 2nd - http://www.wayofthemasterradio.com/transformed_signup.shtml

Wow, I just looked it up and it's 8 hours away :(. I'll see if I can talk the misses into it.

Jeffr0cks
10-25-2006, 05:20 PM
hey folks, first of all.. that Jakes clip wasn't part of the conference. He did mention something about it though. That Transformed wasn't about getting the buzz and have it fade away after a week. What you learn at the conference will... not give you a buzz.. but it should Transform you. Ray and Todd and "E.Z." were there to give the message. Ray is so funny.. and along with Todd, they are just a great combination when they present and teach. Its entitled Transformed, because if you apply what they teach at the conference, your prayer life will be more intense, you will want to read your bible without fail everyday, you will have the joy and passion for the Lord like you once did, and will be... Transformed. It is what's missing from a lot of churches these days (including mines until recently). And what you had to apply was... yep.. you guessed it.. evangelism. Ray opened up with his message "Hell's Best Kept Secret".. and if you haven't heard it.. you NEED to.. here's a link for it

http://www.wayofthemaster.com/audiolessons.shtml

and then "E.Z." talked about who we are in Christ, as ambassadors. Then Todd walked through the W.D.J.D. questions very thoroughly on how to witness to people anywhere. He also showed a bunch of short clips of real encounters to help understand how to ask the questions and what types of reactions you will get and how to refute them. There was more stuff that went on that I can't type everything down. It was a four hour conference.

Later on that night, they went out and witnessed on the streets of Sacramento and you can hear the podcast of it on Monday's WOTM radio. I heard there were so many people that came out to evangelize that when you came up to someone, they would be like "hey i'm out here passing out tracts too.. find another person". Sounded like they had a great time. We unfortunately didn't get to go because we had long drive back home and left right after the conference. We did hook up with a local seed sower so we can do the same thing in our area and join them. (Find out if you have one near you.. www.thegreatnews.com

All in all, if anyone lives near Atlanta, SIGN UP!! You get a free CD called "Terrified" by Todd and its about 26 encounters ranging from muslims, backslidden christians, mormons, ect. And inside has a booklet on how to evangelize the way Jesus did. Its really good, I asked for a whole box at the end since there were a lot left and they gave me one so I can give some out to our youth and the church. good stuff. Also they have stuff there for sale like tracts and books. No tax and no shipping.

http://www.wayofthemasterradio.com/photos/transformed/sacramento102106_04.jpg

http://www.wayofthemasterradio.com/photos/transformed/sacramento102106_01.jpg

we were sitting all the way on the left side near the front of the sanctuary. We sat like 2 rows behind Todd, that dude is a cartoon character for realz. Cracks me up everytime he opens his mouth.

naijagirl
10-25-2006, 05:27 PM
Thanks, Jeff. :D Yeah, they were here in D/FW on the weekend of the 13th, but I had a church retreat to attend, and I knew if God wanted me to go, He would've provided (I live 5 mins away from the Great News Network, praise Jesus).

I can't go to ATL either...I have finals and what-not. Well, there's always next year (and by then I will have a car, yay!)