PDA

View Full Version : The Many Colors of Jesus Christ

CHRISTion
10-25-2006, 10:33 AM
http://www.catholic.net/RCC/Sacred_Heart/jesus.jpg

This is not to sound racial (although it probably will get there) but I thought about this this morning when I got an email and the person mentioned that they didn't believe in an "Anglican Jesus"-and it got me to thinking... does it really matter what color He is?... but I guess in some instances it does-

I thought He was more Middle Eastern Looking like this (this is what some researchers believe He really looked like http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2002/TECH/science/12/25/face.jesus/story.jesushead.cnn.jpg

Also-do you believe it's wrong if we present Him as being black? http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/AGF/9554~Black-Jesus-Montage-Posters.jpg

Danielle
10-25-2006, 10:41 AM
Well, just common sense tells us that in that region even today you will not find a native to that region with blue eyes and blonde hair, so of course the Angelico look that is displayed is not accurate at all. The bible also describes what Jesus looks like, feet of bronze, and so forth. But it does not matter to me what he looks like at all.

jeyjey34
10-25-2006, 10:43 AM
Kirk Franklin's "Blood Song" says it best...

"It doesn't matter what color you were, as long as your BLOOD WAS RED"

LENZ_1
10-25-2006, 10:46 AM
Looking at the "Dreaded" Jesus, I started to laugh because one of my cousins was repping that picture, talking about "Real Jesus, my true friend". One of his arguments was the "hair like wool" means he had dreds, and that was just one of the dumbest conclusions to me. I'm like, don't comb a lamb's wool for a week, and see if he starts getting dreds.

naijagirl
10-25-2006, 10:47 AM
Well, I have always thought of Jesus to be of Middle Eastern descent, and not portrayed as African. Back in West Africa, Jesus was not portrayed as black, not at all. Then I come over here and bam! black Jesus everywhere. I would say portray Him for who He was, not changing His look to fit you. That's my P.O.V...
Besides, He's not in His earthly form anymore. So, yeah...:D

Devin
10-25-2006, 10:48 AM
well the reason some ppl get upset by the "white version" of Christ is because we already know that its not true.....and i think it gets to black ppl even more because in america we were conditioned to feel inferior of our race...so i guess having a "White" Jesus was more exceptable to whites then having a "Ethnic" Jesus....this also could be one of the main reasons why the NOI keep reffering "Christianity" as the White Mans Religion...

Devin
10-25-2006, 10:49 AM

what a good way to dodge a bullet:rolleyes:

dremarshall
10-25-2006, 10:50 AM

This is not to sound racial (although it probably will get there) but I thought about this this morning when I got an email and the person mentioned that they didn't believe in an "Anglican Jesus"-and it got me to thinking... does it really matter what color He is?... but I guess in some instances it does-

I thought He was more Middle Eastern Looking like this (this is what some researchers believe He really looked like http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2002/TECH/science/12/25/face.jesus/story.jesushead.cnn.jpg

Also-do you believe it's wrong if we present Him as being black? http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/AGF/9554~Black-Jesus-Montage-Posters.jpg

Yo Chris check out my myspace.com/dreismusic then go to my 1st friend which is Jesus LOL then look at his pics. They got a Asian Jesus, a Indian Jesus, and so on & so forth. Check it out.

Shock~Therapy
10-25-2006, 10:52 AM

Basically. Now I don't believe that Jesus was white, but should we really be focused on the color of his skin? Does that really matter, when concerning his work on the cross? No, it doesn't. Christ died so that all men may have life, that is what truly matters.

dremarshall
10-25-2006, 10:58 AM
Basically. Now I don't believe that Jesus was white, but should we really be focused on the color of his skin? Does that really matter, when concerning his work on the cross? No, it doesn't. Christ died so that all men may have life, that is what truly matters.

It matters if you hate white people.

jeyjey34
10-25-2006, 11:00 AM
what a good way to dodge a bullet:rolleyes:

No, but the way I see, I'm not an anthropologist and neither is anyone else on here.

And nobody on here has a time machine.

So, I see no point in debating what color Jesus was.

He died, that's all that matters. :)

CHRISTion
I'm not saying it matters like we should fight over it, but in terms of wanting to be as biblically accurate as possible, and dealing with different facts in the bible that we know about Him, we should at least look into it... that's all... and I think it's pretty fair to say from biblical accounts that He dang sure wasn't white but then again, He wasn't black...

And btw-would that mean Adam, Eve, Abraham, David etc-that all of them were middle Eastern as well? :confused:

Quiet storm
I think the black Jesus could cause females to stumble? cough cough Jolene cough cough.....just playing Jo or am I? :)

Devin
10-25-2006, 11:01 AM
I think the black Jesus could cause females to stumble? cough cough Jolene cough cough.....just playing Jo or am I? :)

lol...

Tarii_2sweet
10-25-2006, 11:03 AM
I hear some white people say he wasn't white either but my question is would they serve him if he was a Black?

Quiet storm
10-25-2006, 11:05 AM
I hear some white people say he wasn't white either but my question is would they serve him if he was a Black?

Not the Klan who call themselves Christians :)

naijagirl
10-25-2006, 11:05 AM
Ummm...just to clarify, like Chris said...Jesus is neither white nor black.

Shock~Therapy
10-25-2006, 11:06 AM
I'm not saying it matters like we should fight over it, but in terms of wanting to be as biblically accurate as possible, and dealing with different facts in the bible that we know about Him, we should at least look into it... that's all... and I think it's pretty fair to say from biblical accounts that He dang sure wasn't white but then again, He wasn't black...

And btw-would that mean Adam, Eve, Abraham, David etc-that all of them were middle Eastern as well? :confused:
Well. Going by the fact that the Euphrates River, which is in Africa, bordered the garden of Eden (Genesis 2:10-14), I would say that Adam and Eve definitely were not white, but either black or arab. Since historically whites have come from European nations.

dremarshall
10-25-2006, 11:07 AM
Well. Going by the fact that the Euphrates River, which is in Africa, bordered the garden of Eden (Genesis 2:10-14), I would say that Adam and Eve definitely were not white, but either black or arab. Since historically whites have come from European nations.

The original man was black!

Devin
10-25-2006, 11:08 AM

yep...thats the point i was trynna make:)

Shock~Therapy
10-25-2006, 11:09 AM
Not the Klan who call themselves Christians :)
Well they are OBVIOUSLY not serving Christ anyway. :rolleyes:

CHRISTion
10-25-2006, 11:09 AM
Were their black and white people in the bible at all? I heard that Ham (Noah's son) was supposed to be black...

...and that Noah couldn't have been black, cuz there's no way those chickens would have lasted more than 40 days :D (It's a joke people...black people like...oh never mind:rolleyes: )

Shock~Therapy
10-25-2006, 11:10 AM
coming from the horse's mouth... Yes. I've maintained a firm belief that Jesus is either black or arab, and that does not hinder me in my service to God.

BondServant
10-25-2006, 11:11 AM

Yes they would.

It's simple, salvation is of the Lord, not of us, not of our own will, flesh or exertion, but of God. :)

J Hoyt
10-25-2006, 11:11 AM

B. Final answer.

That's our best guess based on the facts. Don't change ANY facts about Jesus for any reason. He was a Jew and that is important. He shouldn't be portrayed as a Swede or a Nigerian, only an Israeli Jew.

Devin
10-25-2006, 11:12 AM
Yes they would.

not always....u know..."Fasle converts"...

jeyjey34
If people wouldn't serve Jesus if he was black, then they obviously aren't true christians.

naijagirl
Were their black and white people in the bible at all? I heard that Ham (Noah's son) was supposed to be black...

...and that Noah couldn't have been black, cuz there's no way those chickens would have lasted more than 40 days :D (It's a joke people...black people like...oh never mind:rolleyes: )
Ummm...the Ethiopians in the Bible were considered "dark" - at least darker than their biblical counterparts. I'm no anthropologist, but I do know there was more focus on the Jewish community than other commmunities...it wasn't until after Jesus ressurected that we see the map beginning to spread a bit. *shrugs*

Devin

was solomons wife black?was the woman moses married to black?

BondServant
10-25-2006, 11:13 AM
not always....u know..."Fasle converts"...

I edited my posts.

We got false converts now anyways.

eve
10-25-2006, 11:14 AM
to be honest, y'all, i don't understand the debate.

Jesus was from Palestine. Modern day palestinians look like this: http://www.interarteonline.com/Samoamax/Altas/palestinian%20boy.jpg
unless someone can prove to me that some sort of migration of ethnic groups has occurred since then that would show that palestinians from Jesus' era look different than they do now, then the above pic display the features of Jesus.

Abraham was from Iran. Unless a huge ethnic migration has taken place since the time of Abraham, he looked something like this: http://www.tenbyten.org/Data/2006/02/12/iranian.jpg (though i doubt he shared the ideology of Iran's current president!

Pharoah, who didn't want to let the Israelites go, probably looked like this: http://www.sitesled.com/members/racialreality/p20f1.jpg This is what a non-Arab Egyptian looks like. The story of exodus happened thousands of years before the Arab migration, so this is what Pharoah likely looked like.

I'm not trying to be a party-pooper, but why would there be a debate. All you have to do is look at what the indigenous people of the region inhabited by these biblical figures look like, and there you have it.

J Hoyt
10-25-2006, 11:14 AM
If people wouldn't serve Jesus if he was black, then they obviously aren't true christians.
That's a pretty big "if." If He wasn't an Israeli Jew, He wouldn't have been the Messiah.

Devin
10-25-2006, 11:15 AM
That's a pretty big "if." If He wasn't an Israeli Jew, He wouldn't have been the Messiah.

u missed the point

J Hoyt
10-25-2006, 11:15 AM
I'm not trying to be a party-pooper, but why would there be a debate. All you have to do is look at what the indigenous people of the region inhabited by these biblical figures look like, and there you have it.
http://www.holycultureradio.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

dremarshall
10-25-2006, 11:16 AM
[QUOTE=eve]to be honest, y'all, i don't understand the debate.

[QUOTE]

Good post E V E

J Hoyt
u missed the point
Then could you re-state the point?

Shock~Therapy
Pretty much. If they wouldn't serve Jesus if he is black, then they are obviously not serving Jesus at all. Any faith in Jesus that is subjective to the color of his skin is not true faith at all.

Devin
10-25-2006, 11:17 AM
Then could you re-state the point?

scroll down to what shock said...

CHRISTion
10-25-2006, 11:17 AM
Eve, that was a VERY good post, thanks for the perspective. That makes sense

BondServant
10-25-2006, 11:18 AM
Pretty much. If they wouldn't serve Jesus if he is black, then they are obviously not serving Jesus at all. Any faith in Jesus that is subjective to the color of his skin is not true faith at all.

http://holycultureradio.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

CHRISTion
10-25-2006, 11:20 AM
Ok...so maybe it's best if we don't portray Him at all then...right? I mean, isn't perpetuating a false steriotype doing just as much damage? :confused:

J Hoyt
10-25-2006, 11:21 AM

The colour of his skin doesn't matter but something closely related to it does. His ancestry was prophesied about very specifically. If Jesus was black, He wouldn't have been an Israeli Jew. You can't change something that big for the sake of a "what if" argument when we're dealing with something this big.

dremarshall
10-25-2006, 11:21 AM
Ok...so maybe it's best if we don't portray Him at all then...right? I mean, isn't perpetuating a false steriotype doing just as much damage? :confused:
It's His character that's important, His authority that we need to show!

J Hoyt
10-25-2006, 11:22 AM
Can't we portray Him the way He probably looked? Or are you saying that we really don't know?

I think what's damaging is this "different Jesus for everybody" idea. There's one. He's a Jew. He is for everyone.

Tarii_2sweet
10-25-2006, 11:24 AM
It doesn't matter anyways.. God is still good even though he is painted white on every picture i really do think some christian worship him because he looked white in the paintings.

Devin
10-25-2006, 11:25 AM
is theyre such thing as a black jew?

Quiet storm
10-25-2006, 11:26 AM

Sammy Davis Jr ;)

eve
10-25-2006, 11:27 AM
The colour of his skin doesn't matter but something closely related to it does. His ancestry was prophesied about very specifically. If Jesus was black, He wouldn't have been an Israeli Jew. You can't change something that big for the sake of a "what if" argument when we're dealing with something this big.

When did "Black" and "Israeli Jew" become mutually exclusive? I may be mistaken, but it seems like you're using the phenotype of "Israeli's" you see on television as a guide for determining what Israelites looked like in biblical times. Please be reminded that the majority of Jews in modern day Israel are Europeans who arrived after the Holocaust. The Palestinians and the Jews who never left the region are more indicative phenotypically of Israelites.

I could be misreading your point, though. :)

dogfight!
10-25-2006, 11:28 AM
I think He was albino!!!

Nah, but really we don't know. So why even bother go there; we're not serving his human body or the picture on the wall. If people would relate more with a black Jesus (i don't) then let them. If they relate more with a blue eyed Jesus then let them. We humans just need to put a face on Him, none of us can know what He looked like.

CHRISTion
Can't we portray Him the way He probably looked? Or are you saying that we really don't know?

I think what's damaging is this "different Jesus for everybody" idea. There's one. He's a Jew. He is for everyone.
I'm saying we really DON'T KNOW, but we DO have educated guesses... but on tha real, I think if you went into the avg church and just presented this pic, that people would flip out
http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2002/TECH/science/12/25/face.jesus/story.jesushead.cnn.jpg

NinaNeen

^^^ enough said

this whole black/white thing is subtle racism and it's annoying...no race is superior then the other so what does it matter? What Shock said is truth...we need to let go and let God...seriously, this is annoying with this whole black Jesus, white Jesus...if Jesus was black would white people serve him...we need to check our hearts family ;)

Quiet storm
10-25-2006, 11:31 AM
http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2002/TECH/science/12/25/face.jesus/story.jesushead.cnn.jpg http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h211/ministerqs/vlade.jpg

:eek:

Devin
10-25-2006, 11:33 AM
^^^ enough said

this whole black/white thing is subtle racism and it's annoying...no race is superior then the other so what does it matter? What Shock said is truth...we need to let go and let God...seriously, this is annoying with this whole black Jesus, white Jesus...if Jesus was black would white people serve him...we need to check our hearts family ;)

well i didnt mean to come out like that..i dont think anyone did....were just bringing up stuff thats been going on for years....i personally dont care what skin color Jesus was....but i cant say that they "White" one is accurate..and i cant say that there wasnt a time when the "White" version was possibly made from lack of knowledge and some sort of racism....

Shock~Therapy
10-25-2006, 11:34 AM
what would you say about black jews who claim to have descended from the 12 tribes of Israel (http://www.freemaninstitute.com/lemba.htm)? The last time I checked Jewish was not a skin color.

eve
10-25-2006, 11:35 AM

"Black and "Jew" aren't mutually exclusive.

If you look at a map you see that modern day "Israel" and "Palestine" are at the crux of the three major historically inhabited continents: Africa, Asia and Europe. So saying "is there such as thing as a Black Jew" is just a valid a question as "is there such a thing as a White Jew?"

The answer is yes. There are "Jews" of varied colors.

By way of example, do you remember the many times in Scripture where God allowed the Jews to be dispersed due to their diobedience? Well, they ended up all over the world. The Lemba people are just one example. Their oral traditions told them they had traveled south thousands of years ago from Israel to where they live now, South Africa. DNA testing was done on them last year, and they have the same Y chromosome as the men in modern Israel who are of the Levitical tribe (the tribe of Abraham and Aaron). Here is a Lemba man:

http://www.mindspring.com/~jaypsand/lemba3.jpg

Devin
10-25-2006, 11:37 AM
"Black and "Jew" aren't mutually exclusive.

If you look at a map you see that modern day "Israel" and "Palestine" are at the crux of the three major historically inhabited continents: Africa, Asia and Europe. So saying "is there such as thing as a Black Jew" is just a valid a question as "is there such a thing as a White Jew?"

By way of example, do you remember the many times in Scripture where God allowed the Jews to be dispersed due to their diobedience? Well, they ended up all over the world. The Lemba people are just one example. Their oral traditions told them they had traveled south thousands of years ago from Israel to where they live now, South Africa. DNA testing was done on them last year, and they have the same Y chromosome as the men in modern Israel who are of the Levitical tribe (the tribe of Abraham and Aaron). Here is a Lemba man:

http://www.mindspring.com/~jaypsand/lemba3.jpg

hmmmmm....interesting......thanks:)

naijagirl
10-25-2006, 11:44 AM
I guess y'all ignored this no matter how many times I said it...but I am a black Jew. And not in religious terms...my dad's tribe has long said they are descended from Gad, and have been calling God "Chukwu Abiama" (God of Abraham) for centuries. I could go on and on, but that would make this OT.

NinaNeen
10-25-2006, 11:44 AM
well i didnt mean to come out like that..i dont think anyone did....were just bringing up stuff thats been going on for years....i personally dont care what skin color Jesus was....but i cant say that they "White" one is accurate..and i cant say that there wasnt a time when the "White" version was possibly made from lack of knowledge and some sort of racism....

No doubt, I definitely hear where you're coming from Loot, I didn't mean to come off judgemental either, now that I read my post, I sound aggressive lol...that white Jesus is definitely off...if we would dig into scripture and check out a few dates and places...it'd show what nationality Jesus was...but of course, it's of no importance when it comes down to it :D :cool:

eve
10-25-2006, 11:52 AM
I guess y'all ignored this no matter how many times I said it...but I am a black Jew. And not in religious terms...my dad's tribe has long said they are descended from Gad, and have been calling God "Chukwu Abiama" (God of Abraham) for centuries. I could go on and on, but that would make this OT.

yeah, your ethnicity is another prime example. the Lemba are another example too. i have a former co-worker who was Ibo and he said the same thing about his folks.

for whatever reason people don't want to realize Jews were dispersed all over the world. after thousands of years, they blended phenotypically into their communities in Africa, Asia and Europe. but like the Lemba, they kept customs that are clearly of Israelite origin: circumcision, etc.

too bad, though, that no matter what anyone's ethnicity is, if they don't receive Christ's sacrifice, they'll have to pay for their own sins ...

CHRISTion
10-25-2006, 11:52 AM
Neeci-you are a black jew? Wow...I never knew that...that's veeeery interesting...

ctide
10-25-2006, 11:53 AM
funny thing is he probably looks more like what we steriotype as a terrorist, then our white or black Jesus

TrueConvert
10-25-2006, 11:58 AM
to be honest, y'all, i don't understand the debate.

Jesus was from Palestine. Modern day palestinians look like this: http://www.interarteonline.com/Samoamax/Altas/palestinian%20boy.jpg
unless someone can prove to me that some sort of migration of ethnic groups has occurred since then that would show that palestinians from Jesus' era look different than they do now, then the above pic display the features of Jesus.

Abraham was from Iran. Unless a huge ethnic migration has taken place since the time of Abraham, he looked something like this: http://www.tenbyten.org/Data/2006/02/12/iranian.jpg (though i doubt he shared the ideology of Iran's current president!

Pharoah, who didn't want to let the Israelites go, probably looked like this: http://www.sitesled.com/members/racialreality/p20f1.jpg This is what a non-Arab Egyptian looks like. The story of exodus happened thousands of years before the Arab migration, so this is what Pharoah likely looked like.

Already!

J Hoyt
10-25-2006, 12:18 PM
what would you say about black jews who claim to have descended from the 12 tribes of Israel (http://www.freemaninstitute.com/lemba.htm)? The last time I checked Jewish was not a skin color.

Black and "Jew" aren't mutually exclusive.

By way of example, do you remember the many times in Scripture where God allowed the Jews to be dispersed due to their diobedience? Well, they ended up all over the world. The Lemba people are just one example. Their oral traditions told them they had traveled south thousands of years ago from Israel to where they live now, South Africa. DNA testing was done on them last year, and they have the same Y chromosome as the men in modern Israel who are of the Levitical tribe (the tribe of Abraham and Aaron).

I'm aware of them but as far as I know they were not living in Israel in Jesus' day. Is anyone able to confirm or contradict this? If they weren't, then Jesus wouldn't have been black. The research was done and the result was that model in the 2nd picture that Chris posted.

Devin
10-25-2006, 12:21 PM
I'm aware of them but as far as I know they were not living in Israel in Jesus' day. Is anyone able to confirm or contradict this? If they weren't, then Jesus wouldn't have been black. The research was done and the result was that model in the 2nd picture that Chris posted.

are u sure?they were scattered before Jesus day....

J Hoyt
10-25-2006, 12:32 PM
are u sure?they were scattered before Jesus day....
Who are you referring to? The black Jews were scattered?

Devin
10-25-2006, 12:34 PM
Who are you referring to? The black Jews were scattered?

no...all the israelites...

Shirverlion
10-25-2006, 12:41 PM
[IMG]http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/AGF/9554~Black-Jesus-Montage-Posters.jpg

He looks like Eric Benet.

savedbygracealone
10-25-2006, 01:02 PM
*smh* or no. :p

J Hoyt
10-25-2006, 01:03 PM
no...all the israelites...
At times before Jesus, yes. Israel was ruled by the Romans when Jesus was born but there was a nation of Jews there. There were many that were scattered at the time but not all of them.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but all the black Jews were only in Africa right? I don't know of any that were in Israel.

Danielle
10-25-2006, 01:31 PM
Why is it so hard for some to fathom the possibility that Jesus and the Jews of that time could have been of some type of African decent. Especially since science proves that the first man was black, and that Eve was black as well. They prove all races originated from the Adam or first man, so is it really off the wall to state that Jesus and the Jews of the time had some melanin in there skin?

"Firstly, the bible along with other archeological evidence substantiates the fact that the original Israelites were very dark skinned (Black) people.

All of the nations descended from Noah. According to the tenth chapter of Genesis, Noah had three sons: Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
If you look around the earth, you will see that the majority of the nations are dark brown people. One must conclude that their father Noah had to be a very dark skinned man with woolly hair! It is impossible for light-skinned Caucasian parents to produce dark skinned children. Therefore, Noah and his family were all people of color.

The Israelites come out of the lineage of Noah's son Shem. Contrary to what has been taught, the so called blacks in America and throughout the Caribbean are Shemetic. They are not Hametic.

According to the Bible, the Israelites as a nation came out of Egypt, not Europe. Jacob was the father of the twelve tribes of Israel. Jacob went into Egypt with his twelve sons. His son Joseph was already living there and had a good position working under the Pharaoh of Egypt. Among the Egyptians in Africa, the sons of Israel multiplied and became the twelve tribes of Israel.

Genesis 46 verses 26 to 34:
"All the souls that came with Jacob into Egypt, which came out of his loins, besides Jacob's sons' wives, all the souls were threescore and six; <27> And the sons of Joseph, which were born him in Egypt, were two souls: all the souls of the house of Jacob, which came into Egypt, were threescore and ten. <28> And he sent Judah before him unto Joseph, to direct his face unto Goshen; and they came into the land of Goshen. <29> And Joseph made ready his chariot, and went up to meet Israel his father, to Goshen, and presented himself unto him; and he fell on his neck, and wept on his neck a good while."

It is a well-known fact that before the Greeks, Romans, Europeans, and Arabs went into Egypt to colonize, rape and evict the original Egyptians, the inhabitants were all dark-skinned Africans. In the tombs of Egypt, what color are the Egyptians and the Hebrews depicted as? They are shown to be different shades of brown, not with blond hair and blue eyes! This is one of many archeological proofs! Herodotus, an ancient historian, described exactly what the ancient Egyptians looked like, which he witnessed with his own eyes. Herodotus, who visited Egypt about 457 BC, states in his Historical studies that:

"The Nubians, the Egyptians, and the Ethiopians have broad noses, thick lips, woolly hair, And they are burnt of skin."

The dark color of the Egyptians is an important fact, because you must consider the case of Moses, a Hebrew Israelite who was adopted by and concealed within the court of the pharaoh. If Moses were a Caucasian it would have been impossible to conceal his race in the presence of dark Egyptians! At first glance, Moses was even called an Egyptian, as recorded in the Bible:

Exodus 2 verse 19:
"And they said, An Egyptian (Moses) delivered us out of the hand of the shepherds, and also drew water enough for us, and watered the flock."

Directly and indirectly, the following verses reveal the visual appearance of the Biblical Israelites:

Lamentations 4 verse 8:
"Their visage is blacker than a coal."

Lamentations 5 verse 10:
"our skin was black like an oven."

Job 30 verse 30:
"My skin is black upon me."

Jeremiah 14 verse 2:
"Judah mourneth, and the gates thereof languish, they are black unto the ground."

Song of Solomon 1 verse 5, 6:
"I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon. Look not upon me because I am black."

The Khazars and other heathen leaders have deliberately concealed the identity of the true Israelites from the world, through conspiracy:

Psalms 83 verse 4-12:
"They have said, come, and let us cut them off from being a nation; that the name of Israel be no more in remembrance. For they have consulted together with one consent: they are confederate against thee... Who said, Let us take the house of the Lord in possession."

The Israelite nation consisted of twelve tribes . In 975 BC, shortly after the death of King Solomon, the kingdom was split into two parts. The one part was called Judah (Judea), and it consisted primarily of three tribes: Judah, Benjamin, and Levi. The other division was called Israel, the bulk of which consisted of the remaining tribes: Reuben, Gad, Asher, Napthali, Manasseh, Simeon, Issachar, Dan, Zebulon and Ephraim. In BC 721 the king of Assyria carried Israel away into captivity, and it seemed to have been lost from history ever since.

Many myths have developed as to the whereabouts of the ten tribes. But the reality is that they were not heard from because they had migrated primarily to the Western Hemisphere and settled in North, South, and Central America. This fact is documented in the Apocrypha << Second Esdras 13:39-49 >>, in the Book of Mormons, and also in James Adair's History of the American Indians, and several other sources!

In the Bible Apocrypha, it is documented specifically how ten of the twelve tribes of Israel (the indigenous American-Indians) got from the Middle East to the Americas.

Apocrypha, Second Esdras 13 verse 39-48: "And whereas thou sawest that he gathered another peaceable multitude unto him; Those are the ten tribes, which were carried away prisoners out of their own land in the time of Osea the king, whom Salmanasar the king of Assyria led away captive, and carried them over the waters, and so came they to another land."

"But they took this counsel among themselves, that they would leave the multitude of the heathen, and go forth into a further country, where never mankind dwelt (North, South, and Central America), that they might there keep their statutes, which they never kept in their own land."

"And they entered into Euphrates by the narrow passages of the river. For the Most High then showed signs for them, and held still the flood, till they were passed over. For through that country there was a great way to go (across the ocean), namely, of a year and a half: and the same region is called Arsareth. Then dwelt they there (The Americas) until the latter time (Our time today); and now when they shall begin to come (after the Coming of the Messiah!) ...But those that be left behind of thy people (the tribes of Judah, Benjamin, and Levi) are they that are found within my borders."

The blessings of the tribe of Gad indicate North America and Canada as places where a major group of Israelites will be found!

Genesis 49 verse 19:
"Gad, a troop shall overcome him: but he shall overcome at the last."

The troop referred to is the U.S. Cavalry. The U.S. Calvary was used to commit terrorism, slaughter, and genocide against the indigenous North American-Indians!

Deuteronomy 33 verse 20:
"And of Gad he said, Blessed be he that enlargeth Gad: he dwelleth as a lion, and he teareth the arm with the crown of the head."

The American Indians lived close to the earth as hunters and warriors, as a lion. This action of tearing the arm refers to the Blood Brother ritual of the indigenous American-Indians, where the two people make a small cut in their arms and then bring the two cuts together to become blood brothers. The crown of the head refers to the bonnet with feathers, often worn by the indigenous American-Indians!

The Seminole American-Indians maintain Biblical custom by wearing turbans, and fringes:

Deuteronomy 22 verse 12:
"Thou shalt make thee fringes upon the quarters of thy vesture, wherewith thou coverest thyself."

The wearing of fringes has always been an important Israelite custom. In addition, the Seminole American-Indians, the Navaho, and other American-Indians have a lot of Hebrew words in their languages. In fact, when the Europeans came to America, they found the Indian languages to be dialects of the Hebrew language! The American-Indian prophets wrote the Book of Mormons, about their Israelite history and migration. This book, written on gold plates, was found in a cave in North America. It was later adopted by the Mormon religion.

In 70 A.D. the Roman Emperor Titus overthrew the original Jews of Palestine. Some of the Black Jews were taken as captives to the colonies of the Roman Empire, and the rest were expelled and fled into Africa, where they established colonies. It was at that time when the Africans(Hamites) and Arabs (Ishmaelites) took many of the original Black Jews as slaves. This is how the Israelites got to Africa, and this is why they are falsely called African Americans.

Later on in the 1600s, the remaining Black Hebrew Israelites that were living in Spain, Portugal, and other parts of the Roman Empire were forced to flee for their lives due to the persecutions and murder resulting from the barbaric inquisitions of the Roman Catholic Church! The original Black Jews fled into Africa and Asia to established colonies there. Many of those Black Jews were captured by the Arabs and the Africans, and later sold to the Americas as slaves!

In the historical book "From Babylon to Timbuktu" by Rudolph R. Windsor, he notes that: "

there is alot of archelogical and geographical evidence that support this information.

BondServant
10-25-2006, 01:55 PM
Why is it so hard for some to fathom the possibility that Jesus and the Jews of that time could have been of some type of African decent. Especially since science proves that the first man was black, and that Eve was black as well. They prove all races originated from the Adam or first man, so is it really off the wall to state that Jesus and the Jews of the time had some melanin in there skin?

"Firstly, the bible along with other archeological evidence substantiates the fact that the original Israelites were very dark skinned (Black) people.

All of the nations descended from Noah. According to the tenth chapter of Genesis, Noah had three sons: Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
If you look around the earth, you will see that the majority of the nations are dark brown people. One must conclude that their father Noah had to be a very dark skinned man with woolly hair! It is impossible for light-skinned Caucasian parents to produce dark skinned children. Therefore, Noah and his family were all people of color.

The Israelites come out of the lineage of Noah's son Shem. Contrary to what has been taught, the so called blacks in America and throughout the Caribbean are Shemetic. They are not Hametic.

According to the Bible, the Israelites as a nation came out of Egypt, not Europe. Jacob was the father of the twelve tribes of Israel. Jacob went into Egypt with his twelve sons. His son Joseph was already living there and had a good position working under the Pharaoh of Egypt. Among the Egyptians in Africa, the sons of Israel multiplied and became the twelve tribes of Israel.

Genesis 46 verses 26 to 34:
"All the souls that came with Jacob into Egypt, which came out of his loins, besides Jacob's sons' wives, all the souls were threescore and six; <27> And the sons of Joseph, which were born him in Egypt, were two souls: all the souls of the house of Jacob, which came into Egypt, were threescore and ten. <28> And he sent Judah before him unto Joseph, to direct his face unto Goshen; and they came into the land of Goshen. <29> And Joseph made ready his chariot, and went up to meet Israel his father, to Goshen, and presented himself unto him; and he fell on his neck, and wept on his neck a good while."

It is a well-known fact that before the Greeks, Romans, Europeans, and Arabs went into Egypt to colonize, rape and evict the original Egyptians, the inhabitants were all dark-skinned Africans. In the tombs of Egypt, what color are the Egyptians and the Hebrews depicted as? They are shown to be different shades of brown, not with blond hair and blue eyes! This is one of many archeological proofs! Herodotus, an ancient historian, described exactly what the ancient Egyptians looked like, which he witnessed with his own eyes. Herodotus, who visited Egypt about 457 BC, states in his Historical studies that:

"The Nubians, the Egyptians, and the Ethiopians have broad noses, thick lips, woolly hair, And they are burnt of skin."

The dark color of the Egyptians is an important fact, because you must consider the case of Moses, a Hebrew Israelite who was adopted by and concealed within the court of the pharaoh. If Moses were a Caucasian it would have been impossible to conceal his race in the presence of dark Egyptians! At first glance, Moses was even called an Egyptian, as recorded in the Bible:

Exodus 2 verse 19:
"And they said, An Egyptian (Moses) delivered us out of the hand of the shepherds, and also drew water enough for us, and watered the flock."

Directly and indirectly, the following verses reveal the visual appearance of the Biblical Israelites:

Lamentations 4 verse 8:
"Their visage is blacker than a coal."

Lamentations 5 verse 10:
"our skin was black like an oven."

Job 30 verse 30:
"My skin is black upon me."

Jeremiah 14 verse 2:
"Judah mourneth, and the gates thereof languish, they are black unto the ground."

Song of Solomon 1 verse 5, 6:
"I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon. Look not upon me because I am black."

The Khazars and other heathen leaders have deliberately concealed the identity of the true Israelites from the world, through conspiracy:

Psalms 83 verse 4-12:
"They have said, come, and let us cut them off from being a nation; that the name of Israel be no more in remembrance. For they have consulted together with one consent: they are confederate against thee... Who said, Let us take the house of the Lord in possession."

The Israelite nation consisted of twelve tribes . In 975 BC, shortly after the death of King Solomon, the kingdom was split into two parts. The one part was called Judah (Judea), and it consisted primarily of three tribes: Judah, Benjamin, and Levi. The other division was called Israel, the bulk of which consisted of the remaining tribes: Reuben, Gad, Asher, Napthali, Manasseh, Simeon, Issachar, Dan, Zebulon and Ephraim. In BC 721 the king of Assyria carried Israel away into captivity, and it seemed to have been lost from history ever since.

Many myths have developed as to the whereabouts of the ten tribes. But the reality is that they were not heard from because they had migrated primarily to the Western Hemisphere and settled in North, South, and Central America. This fact is documented in the Apocrypha << Second Esdras 13:39-49 >>, in the Book of Mormons, and also in James Adair's History of the American Indians, and several other sources!

In the Bible Apocrypha, it is documented specifically how ten of the twelve tribes of Israel (the indigenous American-Indians) got from the Middle East to the Americas.

Apocrypha, Second Esdras 13 verse 39-48: "And whereas thou sawest that he gathered another peaceable multitude unto him; Those are the ten tribes, which were carried away prisoners out of their own land in the time of Osea the king, whom Salmanasar the king of Assyria led away captive, and carried them over the waters, and so came they to another land."

"But they took this counsel among themselves, that they would leave the multitude of the heathen, and go forth into a further country, where never mankind dwelt (North, South, and Central America), that they might there keep their statutes, which they never kept in their own land."

"And they entered into Euphrates by the narrow passages of the river. For the Most High then showed signs for them, and held still the flood, till they were passed over. For through that country there was a great way to go (across the ocean), namely, of a year and a half: and the same region is called Arsareth. Then dwelt they there (The Americas) until the latter time (Our time today); and now when they shall begin to come (after the Coming of the Messiah!) ...But those that be left behind of thy people (the tribes of Judah, Benjamin, and Levi) are they that are found within my borders."

The blessings of the tribe of Gad indicate North America and Canada as places where a major group of Israelites will be found!

Genesis 49 verse 19:
"Gad, a troop shall overcome him: but he shall overcome at the last."

The troop referred to is the U.S. Cavalry. The U.S. Calvary was used to commit terrorism, slaughter, and genocide against the indigenous North American-Indians!

Deuteronomy 33 verse 20:
"And of Gad he said, Blessed be he that enlargeth Gad: he dwelleth as a lion, and he teareth the arm with the crown of the head."

The American Indians lived close to the earth as hunters and warriors, as a lion. This action of tearing the arm refers to the Blood Brother ritual of the indigenous American-Indians, where the two people make a small cut in their arms and then bring the two cuts together to become blood brothers. The crown of the head refers to the bonnet with feathers, often worn by the indigenous American-Indians!

The Seminole American-Indians maintain Biblical custom by wearing turbans, and fringes:

Deuteronomy 22 verse 12:
"Thou shalt make thee fringes upon the quarters of thy vesture, wherewith thou coverest thyself."

The wearing of fringes has always been an important Israelite custom. In addition, the Seminole American-Indians, the Navaho, and other American-Indians have a lot of Hebrew words in their languages. In fact, when the Europeans came to America, they found the Indian languages to be dialects of the Hebrew language! The American-Indian prophets wrote the Book of Mormons, about their Israelite history and migration. This book, written on gold plates, was found in a cave in North America. It was later adopted by the Mormon religion.

In 70 A.D. the Roman Emperor Titus overthrew the original Jews of Palestine. Some of the Black Jews were taken as captives to the colonies of the Roman Empire, and the rest were expelled and fled into Africa, where they established colonies. It was at that time when the Africans(Hamites) and Arabs (Ishmaelites) took many of the original Black Jews as slaves. This is how the Israelites got to Africa, and this is why they are falsely called African Americans.

Later on in the 1600s, the remaining Black Hebrew Israelites that were living in Spain, Portugal, and other parts of the Roman Empire were forced to flee for their lives due to the persecutions and murder resulting from the barbaric inquisitions of the Roman Catholic Church! The original Black Jews fled into Africa and Asia to established colonies there. Many of those Black Jews were captured by the Arabs and the Africans, and later sold to the Americas as slaves!

In the historical book "From Babylon to Timbuktu" by Rudolph R. Windsor, he notes that: "

there is alot of archelogical and geographical evidence that support this information.

Umm...Does this have Mormon influence?

Danielle
10-25-2006, 01:57 PM

it didn't state it, I just though that I would put another perspective out there, although I do not agree with all of it, some of it is possible and factual according to science.

Shock~Therapy
10-25-2006, 01:58 PM
Well since Mormans believe that blacks are less divine and would have a lesser share of heaven... then I would assume that her response does not have Morman influence.

J Hoyt
10-25-2006, 02:00 PM
Well since Mormans believe that blacks are less divine and would have a lesser share of heaven... then I would assume that her response does not have Morman influence.
Yeah, that's opposite of Mormonism's views on race. A Mormom from 50 years ago would probably have an aneurysm if you told him Jesus was black.

BondServant
10-25-2006, 02:04 PM

Well the article did site the book of Mormon as a credible source.

And Mormons don't believe that anymore.

Isn't that what Mormons believe. That the Jews were the Indians?

seeker
10-25-2006, 04:00 PM
Interesting discussion. Jesus' skin color may have been medium brown, or with a slant towards dark brown or light brown. (Truth be told, there are no "white" people or "black" people. Look at your arm and you'll see neither are you. - we all have melanin in different amounts, different shades of brown.) When it comes to Jesus, bottom line is we don't know what the Jews at that time looked like.

BUT! Someone earlier said that "Science has proved the first man is black!". That is simply not true. You cannot prove the past. Most likely, Adam and Eve were middle/medium brown, which their genetics would allow them to have kids who could have the whole spectrum of skin colors we see today. There is only one race. Plus Adam and Eve were before the worldwide flood (Noah's flood) which would have tore up the earth and changed where things are located and how the geography was laid out - pre and post flood.

For good answers and lots of articles and info, check out the link:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/faq/racism.asp

and read the book below from Answers in Genesis called "One Blood":

One Blood (http://shop5.gospelcom.net/epages/AIGUS.storefront/453fc00f036e0eba271e45579e790682/Product/View/10&2D2&2D114) (book)

Acts 17:26 "And He (God) has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings"

Shock~Therapy
10-25-2006, 09:59 PM
(Truth be told, there are no "white" people or "black" people. Look at your arm and you'll see neither are you. - we all have melanin in different amounts,

Sister, you have seen me... so you should know better, I am white. As pale as one can get. In fact, one time my mother couldn't find me among a stack of notebook paper, since both me and the paper are white, thin, and have blue lines across (my veins are clearly visible). She almost tried to write a thesis on me. She only stopped when she realized, "hey paper doesn't shed tears". :(

Shock~Therapy
10-29-2006, 11:53 PM
UP-cee-daisy