PDA

View Full Version : Who Challenges You????????

Quiet storm
10-25-2006, 09:54 AM
The other day I started a post about being "teachable" but now I want to know who on HCR do you learn from what person really challenges you to get back in the word. Is there a person that when you read their posts your reaction is "wow" which causes you to really examine some of your views. Lets build upon who we are challenged by on HCR and explain why?

eve
10-25-2006, 10:01 AM
good question.

for me, that list includes but is not limited to:

blackcalvinist
jolene
lifeinreturn
quietstorm
phlo
ely

Shock~Therapy
10-25-2006, 10:02 AM
The other day I started a post about being "teachable" but now I want to know who on HCR do you learn from what person really challenges you to get back in the word. Is there a person that when you read their posts your reaction is "wow" which causes you to really examine some of your views. Lets build upon who we are challenged by on HCR and explain why?
So far, since I've only been here about a week, I would say BlackCalvinist. He has a thorough knowledge and understanding of his beliefs. His posts will make me break out my bible and commentary.

J Hoyt
10-25-2006, 10:03 AM
good question.

for me, that list includes but is not limited to:

blackcalvinist
jolene
lifeinreturn
quietstorm
phlo

BC will probably top a lot of people's lists.http://www.holycultureradio.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif
Even if you disagree with him, he presents everything very clearly and knows how to translate information from his mind to the keyboard. It's very easy to converse with someone when they communicate clearly.

Quiet storm
10-25-2006, 10:13 AM
The persons that challange me the most is Eternal and Jnorman because both of these cats are well "learned" and really cause me to sharpen up in various areas. Eternal causes me to critically think about what I believe (as we dive into scripture) and the implications of it. Jnorman helps me to always reflect on church history and the importance of understanding how we got where we are today. Jnorman is probably in shocked that I chose him because he thinks I cant stand him. :)

mr808
10-25-2006, 10:15 AM
anyone operating in Godly excellence.

CHRISTion
10-25-2006, 10:18 AM
Black Calvinist
Quiet Storm
JNorm
Azriel (when he was here)
Tony Stone (deep thinker)
JHoyt (I like his perspectives on things)

Some others...my brain isn't all the way working yet

Oh yeah, and Eternal...:)

lisajames96
10-25-2006, 10:19 AM

Not really challenge anymore on here(just in constant app mode..lol) . But besides my husband, in the early days it was actually you QS and can't forget Ely that really challenged me in my study and app of the Word and who God is. I learned alot, mostly by you guys asking ??s and letting us trip all over ourselves trying to answer...lol...when it was right there in the Word as we came together and studied it...

CHRISTion
10-25-2006, 10:21 AM
Oh yeah and Ely! How could I forget Ely! :rolleyes: :o
Oh and Street Sermonz too...

Quiet storm
10-25-2006, 10:24 AM
in the early days it was actually you QS and can't forget Ely that really challenged me in my study and app of the Word and who God is. I learned alot, mostly by you guys asking ??s and letting us trip all over ourselves trying to answer...lol...when it was right there in the Word as we came together and studied it...

hehe shhhhhh thats my secret approach.

CHRISTion
10-25-2006, 10:26 AM
Oh yeah, and Eve and Jolene too...oh and Darassia too (but you already knew that, didn't you QS)

I admit I have SO MUCH TO LEARN, so the deeper the post, the MORE I appreciate it.

that's funny QS, I was thinking about this-but in the music realm-because I was thinking about how... *searching for the word* "surface" :confused: orrr I don't know, just how simple and easy Gospel rap has gotten, and I was just thinking about who I listen to that actually makes me wanna pick up a bible or to look up the lyrics and actually see what's bein said...(and yes, it's mostly Lampmode cats-so hate all you want, it's DA Truth <---- another one that challenges me :D )

dremarshall
10-25-2006, 10:31 AM
Everyone challenges me, (esp. being a minority on here!!) but someonw who really challenges me is......
http://i13.tinypic.com/2a9pqw5.jpg

Quiet storm
10-25-2006, 10:32 AM
:mad:

Danielle
10-25-2006, 10:37 AM
thinking.......................... good question though.................

Danielle
10-25-2006, 10:38 AM
Everyone challenges me, (esp. being a minority on here!!) but someonw who really challenges me is......

now that is funny:D

dremarshall
10-25-2006, 10:41 AM
:mad:
:p see I'm challenging you right now

vers
10-25-2006, 10:46 AM
So far, since I've only been here about a week, I would say BlackCalvinist. He has a thorough knowledge and understanding of his beliefs. His posts will make me break out my bible and commentary.

word!! thats the truth. BC got mad wizdom to share, the type u only get from spending time with God in his word!!
id also have to say...
otis
LENZ1
smoke (ayo where u been bruh??)
lifeinreturn
n who can forget big ZEE!!!

naijagirl
10-25-2006, 10:49 AM
BC
Jenn
Smoke
Rina_cz

That's it.

dremarshall
10-25-2006, 10:52 AM
Tha GIM, Knine, QS, BC, Christion, ELY, PhatCatholic, Vic:rolleyes:, Eve, Chngdwumn, Single Eye, True Convert, Mad Loot:o ,etc....

StreetSermonz
10-25-2006, 11:16 AM
Lately I would have to say Eve and Black Calvinist (Kerry).

Phlo used to get me hyped with his devotionals!

LaRosa is steady with his word (I'm looking forward to your book fam!)

Of course Chris always sparks a good thread that gets me in the Word.

Emerson (QS) has posted some good stuff in the theology forums.

Ely's responses usually get me diggin as well.

ESV (Monergism)

Smoke, Jolene, Lenz, and a ton of other people too, however these few are the first to come to mind.

lisajames96
10-25-2006, 11:29 AM
maybe I missed something...most of the people being named are super encouragers....is that to be considered a challenge?...cause in that case...i could be writing names for a long time. Practically everyone here has said something profound and encouraging in some way that I have benefited from, and never waivered or debated it's validity...
So I pick all of you guys... (except to the ones on ignore):D

CHRISTion
10-25-2006, 11:31 AM
maybe I missed something...most of the people being named are super encouragers....is that to be considered a challenge?...cause in that case...i could be writing names for a long time. Practically everyone here has said something profound and encouraging in some way that I have benefited from, and never waivered or debated it's validity...
So I pick all of you guys... (except to the ones on ignore):D
YOU have people on "ignore" http://bestsmileys.com/wow/3.gif

lisajames96
10-25-2006, 11:44 AM
YOU have people on "ignore" http://bestsmileys.com/wow/3.gif

I said I would never do it again, but he was just:eek: . I dont think he post on here anymore, at least not on the build board...of course I wouldn't know cause I have him on...you know...lol

ctide
10-25-2006, 11:45 AM
a whole lot of folks challenge me

phatcatholic*++
blackcalv++
eternal*++
quietstorm++
jnorm
ely
streetz
the answer
Gstylez*
Daniell*
LisaJames*

*challenge me to stay in the fruit of the spirit in the face of conflict

++challenge me cause they sometimes see things different then me (and are well versed) so i gotta study or it shows

nar8ta
10-25-2006, 11:58 AM
I honestly find it hard to use the word "Challenge" here because i don't really hold on to what people say, but rather what they do. Talk is cheat to me, I look for the heart of men (and women) to really know who is walking in the Light of Christ. This is why I like arguments sometimes, because you can really see what really lives in people's hearts. "You will Know them by their fruits" (or the lack of).

I do Respect a lot of folk's view points in Christ

1) B.C.

2) chris

3) Q.S.

4) Brinson

5) Dre

6) eve

7) toooooooooooo many to name

GOD can use you to touch and Heal someone, not by what you know, but rather by who he is and how much you care for his creations. We have to get a hold of GOD's Heart!

Learning to suffer honorably teaches us this! (and who willfully wants to suffer)

Hebrews ch 5 vs 7-9

7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;
8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

I think we (including me) sometimes make the Gospel way to complex. I am more impressed with those that are moved with compassion. (And I am so far off its sad)

Nar

Danielle
10-25-2006, 12:37 PM
wow, where do I began, there are so many people.......
Emerson
Lisa
Street
Ctide
Eve
Christion

and so many others have challenged me to learn MORE LOVE LESS EGO

Everyone brings different perspectives on HCR everyday and it challenges me to dig deeper, and go to another level in my word, thanks to everyone!!!

Quiet storm
10-25-2006, 02:13 PM
I would like to hear from others as well?....dont forget to mention the "why"?

I have also learned from and been challanged by Neeciu cause even though she might be young in age she is very deep and a very good critical thinker who I have always enjoyed conversating with. I know I get on her last nerve though cause I am always pulling at her brain only because I respect her mind. :)

Quiet storm
10-25-2006, 02:33 PM
Lets try to keep this thread on topic......:) Keep it going.....

ctide
10-25-2006, 02:42 PM
Personal viewpoint.

Most on HCR=modern-day pharisees.

Take what you want.

If someone 'different' chimes in with a different idea or controversial subject, their faith is questioned.

Maybe I'm all wrong, but that's what I've seen and gotten the whole week I've been on here.

you probably shouldn't past a general judgement over folks after only one week, even over the folks that may have wronged you... some peeps have bad days (some peeps are always acting the fool for a while), but bottom line, you acting the same towards them if you making quick judgements over them... feel me?

i and trying to get on you any more then to encourage you to walk in love and be open to build

grace & peace

Quiet storm
10-25-2006, 03:46 PM
lol, anyways, don't mind me, I don't want to step on QS's thread.........

Dont worry Danielle you straight :)

Shirverlion
10-25-2006, 03:47 PM
Chris.

BlackCalvinist
10-25-2006, 03:50 PM
Just wondering if that was supposed to be a jab or something. If not, cool.
Zest,

a bit of advice for you.

One week is not enough time to make a determination of that type. You might need to spend time actually talking TO people and not talking AT them (like you're doing in this thread now).

All that said, drop your complaints for now (Eph. 4:32) and let's keep this topic on track. Further rant-like posts may be deleted. Please accept this with humility fam. We're not trying to beef here. If you have a problem with this, don't post here, but PM me and we'll resolve it.

Good topic, QS. I'll post later. Got papers to grade.

LifeInReturn
10-25-2006, 03:53 PM
BC / ESV - They keep me on my toes and drop solid nonheretical knowledge.

Single Eye - No matter what, she's sweet and encouraging therefre causing me to examine myself, challenging me to change.

ImSaved - My boy in real life. He challenges me to grow and mature and be serious about the work and Word of Our Father.

Rina / Rachel (Bloodsista) - They help me to be more open b/c it is hard for me to open myself up and be vulnerable. But my sistas have helped a lot.

Eve - Chick is chock full of wisdom!

Some people here challenge me to grow in Christ b/c woooooo! But yea... :o

LOL!

Vic - Because God used him to do all of this, and it has long been one of my desires to have an HHH station here in the metroplex. Not only is HCR mixshow city, but so much more, and I admire that. Challenges me to look at my resources and use them.

Mac the Doulos - That is my big brother!! Love that dude! He challenges me to examine some things due to conversations he and I have had. He challenges me to stop being so hardcore and to learn from my past.

Those are off the top of my head. :)

LifeInReturn
10-25-2006, 03:54 PM
Got papers to grade.

Get yo grade on then, kerr bear! LOLOLOL!!!

LifeInReturn
10-25-2006, 04:39 PM
I love it how some post with the appearance of encouragement or love but within the post is lined with barbs.

At least I'm honest when I call it.

Fam, please chill with the dart throwing. Take it to PM if you have an issue w/someone. If you're feeling upset, talk to the Father. Don't act out.

That goes for EVERYONE.

Again, people.

Whoever covers an offense seeks love, but he who repeats a matter separates close friends.
Proverbs 17:9 ESV

"You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not murder; and whoever murders will be liable to judgment.' But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, 'You fool!' will be liable to the hell of fire. So if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar and go. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift. Come to terms quickly with your accuser while you are going with him to court, lest your accuser hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the guard, and you be put in prison. Truly, I say to you, you will never get out until you have paid the last penny.
Matthew 5:21-26 ESV

Let us keep this topic going in the spirit of LOVE and EDIFICATION.

Enlighten
10-25-2006, 04:39 PM
No one Here really qoute, unquote challanges me due to the fact even though I've changed I never really rely on any of the people to challange my theology and even in all I have read from the people this nothing really makes think as a challange per se. Now people I like hear from are Chris, Kerry, and Emerson they my top 3. That's real talk though

Peace

simplyG
10-25-2006, 05:32 PM
A lot of you cats do, because I'm one who disagrees with the hhh thing, and it's a learning experience to "diaologue with those who believe in it.
Much love.

ZestD
10-25-2006, 05:35 PM
A lot of you cats do, because I'm one who disagrees with the hhh thing, and it's a learning experience to "diaologue with those who believe in it.
Much love.

You're cool with me SimplyG.

simplyG
10-25-2006, 05:37 PM
You're cool with me SimplyG.

Iguamente, hermano!

ZestD
10-25-2006, 05:39 PM
Iguamente, hermano!
I'm spanish illiterate.

I know 'brother' but what is iguamente?

simplyG
10-25-2006, 05:46 PM
I'm spanish illiterate.

I know 'brother' but what is iguamente?

Roughly, "equally."
I use it sometimes to return compliments.

ZestD
10-25-2006, 05:51 PM
Roughly, "equally."
I use it sometimes to return compliments.
Dope.

Psalmist
10-25-2006, 07:27 PM
BlackCalvanist.....I'm sure his name has been mentioned at least 1000 times in this post....

Quiet storm
10-26-2006, 10:40 AM
Good topic, QS. I'll post later. Got papers to grade.

You got them papers done yet fam lol.....I am curious to know your response.

TheRealPae
10-26-2006, 11:00 AM
BC

ESL

One, Les!

dogfight!
10-26-2006, 11:01 AM
I guess you can see I'm challenged by these:

TrueConvert
SavedByGraceAlone
SightGiver
Brinson

RJ of MMM
10-26-2006, 11:06 AM
Nice topic (though in some respects it could be one of those two sided postes where one part it blesses and another part it give big-headed syndrome).

Life in Return
QS
Christion (or whatever his name is this week)
BC
Ely
Vic
LJ
Burgyndi
Thankful
...forgetting a few, but I peep a lot.

(Life in Return, just noticed you are a mod, nice, will be keeping u in prayer as I do with all forum mods :) )

DJ Links
10-26-2006, 11:07 AM
BC and Quiet Storm

Although BC and I class I still have tremendous respect for him. He also pushes me to prayer. ;)

QS - We have had a few phone convos and I can say that he has some wisdom beyond his years. It really makes me happy to hear that he has a hand in shaping today young cats and tomorrows leaders.

jnorman888
10-27-2006, 11:58 AM
The persons that challange me the most is Eternal and Jnorman because both of these cats are well "learned" and really cause me to sharpen up in various areas. Eternal causes me to critically think about what I believe (as we dive into scripture) and the implications of it. Jnorman helps me to always reflect on church history and the importance of understanding how we got where we are today. Jnorman is probably in shocked that I chose him because he thinks I cant stand him. :)

Thanks fam. I'm not good with compliments, but you have good questions and comebacks and issues too. It caused me to rethink somethings and relook at things too.

I got respect for you and alot of others on these boards

ctide
10-27-2006, 12:00 PM
BlackCalvanist.....I'm sure his name has been mentioned at least 1000 times in this post....

cause he's very challenging in both the good and bad ways

lol... just playing! but he's very zealous for the truth... so he's gonna challenge you bout that

apokalum
10-27-2006, 12:02 PM
no one.

DLO
10-27-2006, 02:40 PM
:)
cause he's very challenging in both the good and bad ways

lol... just playing! but he's very zealous for the truth... so he's gonna challenge you bout that

Bc challenges be to be more humble in my approach cause when i see his response to peoples comments it provokes me to never become prideful in knowledge.:) :p

ctide
10-27-2006, 02:43 PM
:)

Bc challenges be to be more humble in my approach cause when i see his response to peoples comments it provokes me to never become prideful in knowledge.:) :p

but you know that you prolly got that effect on some people to, nahmean? i know i def do...

dif folks got dif ways of communicating

jeremy lopez
10-27-2006, 02:46 PM
black calvinist:D

DLO
10-27-2006, 03:07 PM
but you know that you prolly got that effect on some people to, nahmean? i know i def do...

dif folks got dif ways of communicating

Fo sho z wo z.

BlackCalvinist
04-22-2007, 07:40 PM
I'm back, as promised. Let's see....

Redeemed. Everyone needs a 'Redeemed' sitting on their shoulder. Humble, thoughtful, constantly concerned with holiness and HONEST. He's an encourager and when he rebukes, it's so gentle that you don't even realize you've actually been talked into rebuking yourself. :eek: I praise God for introducing me and him, even though it turns out we actually had mutual friends and acquaintances going back an additional decade that we didn't know about (i.e.- one of my best friends growing up from 7th -12th grade went to school with Redeemed).

eternal. Some of the ECF's (like Tertullian) were at 'baby steps' in their theology. It took Arius and Marcion coming out of the woodwork to force church Synods together to come up with definitive statements regarding doctrines concerning the nature of God. If nothing else, eternal forces me to think and clearly articulate issues of the faith. I think God allows heretical and heterodox folks to trouble the church so that the church doesn't grow stagnant. I think I've actually become more solid on some of the essentials as a result of eternal challenging them and me having to head back to the scrips and study to see if what he says has any legitimacy.

DJ Links. Every Paul has an Alexander the Coppersmith lying around. :rolleyes: I imagine Paul had problems with people making personal attacks at him frequently and unprovoked (i.e. "At first, no one came to my defense") , but in his letter to Timothy, he was very reserved and simply mentioned to folks who to keep an eye out for and what the problem the guy was. So my challenge remains to not personally attack the brother when he does so to me and stick to the issues. And flesh ALWAYS wants to defend itself.....

All the people who read and learn from what I've written, but don't respond.... simply because I know you're all there (a few of you drop me PMs from time to time). And that places a HUGE responsibility on my shoulders in terms of how I react to folks when I write on here. As I told shai last night (and he mentioned he'd seen some good changes in me), I'm still nowhere NEAR where I need to be and thanks to MY CONSCIENCE *snicker*, I'm currently in the midst of another paradigm shift in my dealings with people on HCR who don't know how to act. *smile* You all also make me make sure to do my homework a bit better.....because I don't wanna be leadin' anyone to hell based off of something false.

Jenneration. Because she reminds me that I have a bunch of sisters and I have to be careful how I interact with them. Thank you for being a good sis and a beautiful person, Jenn. :-)

Jolene, eve, SightGiver and Thankfull - because they're all intelligent and force a brutha to step up his game on his life. They're good examples of godly women that men should be on the lookout to 'find'. :-)

B.Morr - because the brother is mature beyond his years and puts me to shame in a few areas.

Expositor - because sometimes, I think he IS my clone....and I pray he doesn't pick up ALL of my bad habits.

Everyone who's ever thrown an insult at me on the board (directly or indirectly) - from tlr to DLO and others. Simply because the 'challenge' is not so much to come up with a snappy reply, but for me to DENY SELF and not respond back in kind to you. Romans 12:17-21 is a lot easier to memorize than to do sometimes.

Folk like Mac, Iz, shai, Tim, the apologist, evangel and others who I've seen either up close and/or seen their lives. Good, godly examples of men to aspire to emulate. Hebrews 13 tells us to remember those who taught us the Word of God and to emulate their lives and examples.

I'm honored that a bunch of folk on the board think I challenge them in the area of knowing the scriptures better. Praise God for anything or anyone that pushes you to read your Bible more and through doing so, know the God who wrote it more intimately. Know that you challenge me as well.

And that's good.

It's that whole 'sharpening' thing. :-)

So let's move on to maturity and try not to stay at 'stage one' Christianity, whether the issue is sanctification or right doctrine and handling of the word of God. If there's an area we're deficient in, don't be fooled into thinking just because I have XXX right, I don't need to put as much emphasis on YYY. Both matter.

This was/is a good thread.

dremarshall
04-22-2007, 08:20 PM
All I can say is

DJ Links
04-23-2007, 10:49 PM
I'm back, as promised. Let's see....

Redeemed. Everyone needs a 'Redeemed' sitting on their shoulder. Humble, thoughtful, constantly concerned with holiness and HONEST. He's an encourager and when he rebukes, it's so gentle that you don't even realize you've actually been talked into rebuking yourself. :eek: I praise God for introducing me and him, even though it turns out we actually had mutual friends and acquaintances going back an additional decade that we didn't know about (i.e.- one of my best friends growing up from 7th -12th grade went to school with Redeemed).

eternal. Some of the ECF's (like Tertullian) were at 'baby steps' in their theology. It took Arius and Marcion coming out of the woodwork to force church Synods together to come up with definitive statements regarding doctrines concerning the nature of God. If nothing else, eternal forces me to think and clearly articulate issues of the faith. I think God allows heretical and heterodox folks to trouble the church so that the church doesn't grow stagnant. I think I've actually become more solid on some of the essentials as a result of eternal challenging them and me having to head back to the scrips and study to see if what he says has any legitimacy.

DJ Links. Every Paul has an Alexander the Coppersmith lying around. :rolleyes: I imagine Paul had problems with people making personal attacks at him frequently and unprovoked (i.e. "At first, no one came to my defense") , but in his letter to Timothy, he was very reserved and simply mentioned to folks who to keep an eye out for and what the problem the guy was. So my challenge remains to not personally attack the brother when he does so to me and stick to the issues. And flesh ALWAYS wants to defend itself.....

All the people who read and learn from what I've written, but don't respond.... simply because I know you're all there (a few of you drop me PMs from time to time). And that places a HUGE responsibility on my shoulders in terms of how I react to folks when I write on here. As I told shai last night (and he mentioned he'd seen some good changes in me), I'm still nowhere NEAR where I need to be and thanks to MY CONSCIENCE *snicker*, I'm currently in the midst of another paradigm shift in my dealings with people on HCR who don't know how to act. *smile* You all also make me make sure to do my homework a bit better.....because I don't wanna be leadin' anyone to hell based off of something false.

Jenneration. Because she reminds me that I have a bunch of sisters and I have to be careful how I interact with them. Thank you for being a good sis and a beautiful person, Jenn. :-)

Jolene, eve, SightGiver and Thankfull - because they're all intelligent and force a brutha to step up his game on his life. They're good examples of godly women that men should be on the lookout to 'find'. :-)

B.Morr - because the brother is mature beyond his years and puts me to shame in a few areas.

Expositor - because sometimes, I think he IS my clone....and I pray he doesn't pick up ALL of my bad habits.

Everyone who's ever thrown an insult at me on the board (directly or indirectly) - from tlr to DLO and others. Simply because the 'challenge' is not so much to come up with a snappy reply, but for me to DENY SELF and not respond back in kind to you. Romans 12:17-21 is a lot easier to memorize than to do sometimes.

Folk like Mac, Iz, shai, Tim, the apologist, evangel and others who I've seen either up close and/or seen their lives. Good, godly examples of men to aspire to emulate. Hebrews 13 tells us to remember those who taught us the Word of God and to emulate their lives and examples.

I'm honored that a bunch of folk on the board think I challenge them in the area of knowing the scriptures better. Praise God for anything or anyone that pushes you to read your Bible more and through doing so, know the God who wrote it more intimately. Know that you challenge me as well.

And that's good.

It's that whole 'sharpening' thing. :-)

So let's move on to maturity and try not to stay at 'stage one' Christianity, whether the issue is sanctification or right doctrine and handling of the word of God. If there's an area we're deficient in, don't be fooled into thinking just because I have XXX right, I don't need to put as much emphasis on YYY. Both matter.

This was/is a good thread.

Father I lift up my brother Kerry to you. I ask that you would cause him to abound in Your love more and more. I ask that he would learn lessons of humilty and mercy and from those lessons his words and actions would flow. I ask for You to be the balm of gilead to him. Those areas where there is hurt and pain and it has become a security blanket to him I ask that you would overshadow him with Your peace. Restore my brother. Heal his heart Father!!! Heal his heart. I ask this in Jesus' name. Amen.

BlackCalvinist
04-23-2007, 11:36 PM
Thanks.....:confused:

*shrugs*

Devin
04-24-2007, 12:56 AM
:confused:
ummm...ok links.lol.

Quiet storm
04-24-2007, 01:52 AM
Matthew 5:44

the answer
04-24-2007, 02:54 AM
Infant baptism:eek:

its Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29

Ladyinlove
04-24-2007, 01:57 PM
[QUOTE=Quiet storm;129538]The other day I started a post about being "teachable" but now I want to know who on HCR do you learn from what person really challenges you to get back in the word. QUOTE]

Number 1 challenger all around! :mad: ...................u still stink :rolleyes:

Quiet storm
04-24-2007, 01:58 PM
ima need for you to learn how to do the quotes. smh

Ladyinlove
04-24-2007, 02:06 PM
I know I just noticed it and I don't feel like fixing it, u knew I was talkin to u so the purpose is accomplished enough

The_Expositor
04-24-2007, 02:35 PM
A lot of cats challenge me. Those who I disagree with challenge me to dig deeper in the Word, not so I can prove them wrong, but so that I can gain enough understanding to try and teach them, or so that I can be corrected if I am wrong.

I think the dudes who challenge me the most are shai linne(even though he doesn't post much), B. Morr (who also doesn't post much), Redeemed and a couple of other cats who nobody here would probably know.

The humility displayed in these brothers makes me feel like a narcissist. I'm learning a lot from these fellas and I can't thank God enough for the impact they've had in my life, even if they don't realize it.

There are others who challenge me to dig into the Scriptures and church history, like BC, Bondservant, and JNorm. Yeah, I said JNorm. We don't necessarily agree all the time, but dude knows some church history, and unbeknownst to anyone else, he's lent a helping hand to me behind the scenes. Thanks, bro. What you do in secret, God will reward you openly.

I don't want to sit here and list a whole bunch of names, because someone will feel slighted if I did. But, I love the folks on here, no matter how they feel about Expo.

nubia7
04-24-2007, 02:48 PM
first of all the Holy Spirit challenges a sister big time... the more study of the Word and prayer i do the more convicted i get...i guess the Lord isn't playing when He said to "whom much is given much is required (Luke 12:48)." It's definitely for my good and His Glory!!!

my God-given DC sisteren and ccbl fam...Lord knows you guys lifestyle challenge me! i seriously thank the Lord for answering my prayer to be amongst solid believers..

on this board, eternal, bc, expo, ely, redeemed, q-dog, jnorm, qs, lifey and others...you guys probably don't know me but your words and insights have spark serious theological study in my life.

also, lisajames, misha, tc, jason, clayfilms, and others....

also, people who don't post much but are reading and asking those they know personally on this board about some of the stuff we talk about...it's weird but it challenges me to be careful what i post even though i should be adhering to the fruits of the spirit when i speak on issues.

grace and peace