PDA

View Full Version : The Difference between Humility & False Humility

dremarshall
10-24-2006, 02:19 PM
Let's just talk about this. Are you humble because all your shoes have holes in them. Are you not humble because you drive a bentley. Are you humble because you say you are, is false humility depriving yourself of things in order to say "hey look at me, I'm deprived and that makes me humble"

Devin
10-24-2006, 02:22 PM
hmmmm....i cant wait to see what happens with this one.....

btw...we should be humble in all situations...

BigJust
10-24-2006, 02:27 PM
I'm probably the most humble person here. Actually let me correct that. I AM the most humble person here. :eek:

Shock~Therapy
10-24-2006, 02:48 PM
I'm probably the most humble person here. Actually let me correct that. I AM the most humble person here. :eek:
lol.

On the real note, I think I suffer from some false humility because I am always willing to assist someone else in need but hardly able to receive help myself when I am in need. It almost gets to the point where I get ready to fight someone when they are trying to help me (clip from Barbershop come to mind: "Take the money" "No." "Take It!!" "No" *** runs away***).

jnorman888
10-24-2006, 02:53 PM

No Fam!!! I am the humble one. That's right me!!! A.K.A. Mr. Humble

djHeir
10-24-2006, 04:15 PM
No Fam!!! I am the humble one. That's right me!!! A.K.A. Mr. HumbleYa'll trippin. I've won so many humility awards that it'd put anybody on here to shame for real! Respect my humility homie!

dremarshall
10-24-2006, 04:48 PM
Ya'll trippin. I've won so many humility awards that it'd put anybody on here to shame for real! Respect my humility homie!

Yo I saw this scripture and it was mad funny!!! See what was wrote, and see who wrote it!!!

Numbers 12:3
Now Moses was a very humble man, more humble than anyone else on the face of the earth.

Shock~Therapy
10-24-2006, 04:52 PM
Yo I saw this scripture and it was mad funny!!! See what was wrote, and see who wrote it!!!

Now Moses was a very humble man, more humble than anyone else on the face of the earth.
hmmmph... I never paid attention to that. But really even though Moses wrote the first 5 books of the Bible, they were God inspired. So this is God's view of Moses not Moses' view of himself.

dremarshall
10-24-2006, 04:56 PM
hmmmph... I never paid attention to that. But really even though Moses wrote the first 5 books of the Bible, they were God inspired. So this is God's view of Moses not Moses' view of himself.

Man it's still funny!! :D

4Sight Sounds
10-24-2006, 04:59 PM
Paul may have been the most humble ever, aside from Jesus.

LENZ_1
10-24-2006, 05:01 PM
Ya'll trippin. I've won so many humility awards that it'd put anybody on here to shame for real! Respect my humility homie!

WHAT?! Man, when I was a shorty on the block, they used to call me HUMBLITO, cause I was so humble. Man, this dude came round giving out his own brand new clothes, tryin to see me on the humility tip, so I had to lay him down. I started taking homeless cats to the bank, and droppin $50s on 'em. Man, they started calling me Humblestiltskin after that. Youngins still tell stories about me, son.

Single Eye
10-24-2006, 05:14 PM
from the "Strongest NASB Exhaustive Concordance"

Humility: (Greek) tapeinophrosune - lowliness of mind, humility:-humility of mind, self-abasement

also used as the Greek word "prautes" meaning gentleness:- consideration, humility, meekness

It's clear in scripture that humility is more of a mind state rather than a profession or something that can be demonstrated strictly by lacking something.

TrueConvert
10-24-2006, 05:24 PM
from the "Strongest NASB Exhaustive Concordance"

Humility: (Greek) tapeinophrosune - lowliness of mind, humility:-humility of mind, self-abasement

also used as the Greek word "prautes" meaning gentleness:- consideration, humility, meekness

It's clear in scripture that humility is more of a mind state rather than a profession or something that can be demonstrated strictly by lacking something.
And just come some people talk in a whisper like tone dont make them humble either :D :D Some people attribute a big booming bassed out voice to a lack of humility :cool:

Psalmist
10-25-2006, 07:54 AM
All I know is I've seen a lot of philly cats on some real stuff acting humble while fishing for compliments. They know their music is banging, but still they underplay themselves to let someone else exalt them...but their spirit is just fishing for that justification.

On some real stuff......true humility always gives honor to God and NEVER accepts it for self....

Devin
10-25-2006, 10:17 AM
All I know is I've seen a lot of philly cats on some real stuff acting humble while fishing for compliments. They know their music is banging, but still they underplay themselves to let someone else exalt them...but their spirit is just fishing for that justification.

On some real stuff......true humility always gives honor to God and NEVER accepts it for self....

yeah....so stop fishing for compliments man....:p

NinaNeen
10-25-2006, 12:01 PM
Man it's still funny!! :D

yeah I always found that to be pretty hilarious...

jnorman888
10-27-2006, 03:02 PM

That's kind of funny. Hey is that a real verse in the Bible? Well Moses had scribes too so maybe one of his scribes wrote that in for him. I'm saying because somebody was writing about Moses after he died. So it could of been on of his scribes fam.

jnorman888
10-27-2006, 03:05 PM
WHAT?! Man, when I was a shorty on the block, they used to call me HUMBLITO, cause I was so humble. Man, this dude came round giving out his own brand new clothes, tryin to see me on the humility tip, so I had to lay him down. I started taking homeless cats to the bank, and droppin $50s on 'em. Man, they started calling me Humblestiltskin after that. Youngins still tell stories about me, son.

LOL, Humblestiltskin.......I'm sorry man but that was funny!!!

BlackCalvinist
10-27-2006, 03:34 PM
As eternal once said over on lampmode.....

"I'm a humble Christian, now give me my props!" :D

saintjoetheservant
10-27-2006, 04:05 PM

i know what you mean fam, a lot of people get down like that, it's mad easy to do, gotta check yaself ya know so we don't fall in that trap

BlackCalvinist
10-27-2006, 04:12 PM
Back when I was on eHarmony.com (yeah, I'm a loser.....), I had a girl ask me this question:

On a scale of 1 to 10, how humble are you ?

I love that question because it made me examine myself. :)