PDA

View Full Version : Where My BBALL fans at?

Pages : [1] 2

Quiet storm
10-24-2006, 11:32 AM
Who is looking forward to this years NBA season? What are some of your predictions....who will win MVP, who will take the scoring title......who will win the Championship lets discuss. I am gonna go on record to say that Carmello Anthony will turn a lot of heads this year and will have cats admitting that he is on the level of James and Wade. He will average over 30 or maybe only a little under 30 this year. Your thoughts?

P.S. Please no Kobe groupies (cough cough vic cough cough chris cough cough)

Conviction Music
10-24-2006, 11:34 AM
Who is looking forward to this years NBA season? What are some of your predictions....who will win MVP, who will take the scoring title......who will win the Championship lets discuss. I am gonna go on record to say that Carmello Anthony will turn a lot of heads this year and will have cats admitting that he is on the level of James and Wade. He will average over 30 or maybe only a little under 30 this year. Your thoughts?

P.S. Please no Kobe groupies (cough cough vic cough cough chris cough cough)

imma kobe groupie! but If anybody really is an NBA fan they should join the HCR fantasy league I started. Email me your email address and i can send you an invite. DONT TALK ABOUT, BE ABOUT IT!!!!!

DJ Links
10-24-2006, 11:35 AM
This year is going to be very interesting. Right now you have a lot of off-season and pre-season injuries with a bunch of NBA teams. The team I would say you have to look out for are the Suns. If Amare is back 100% this year, oh its gonna be crazy!!

Quiet storm
10-24-2006, 11:35 AM
imma kobe groupie! but If anybody really is an NBA fan they should join the HCR fantasy league I started. Email me your email address and i can send you an invite. DONT TALK ABOUT, BE ABOUT IT!!!!!

davisemerson@hotmail.com

LaRosa
10-24-2006, 11:45 AM
i'm not sure... the league seems to be evening out a bit (except for the east)

i don't think the Heat will repeat... the title will go back to the west... probably San Antonio, if they can stay healthy or Dallas

lj.

LENZ_1
10-24-2006, 11:46 AM
uh oh......

'07 Celtics Baby!!!!

jeyjey34
10-24-2006, 11:46 AM
I think that in the West, there's a good chance that it's gonna come down to the same four teams as last year to decide who goes to the Finals from the West, either Dallas, San Antonio, Phoenix, or the Clippers. They all pretty much kept their same rosters.

In the East, as long as Shaq is healthy, I think Miami will be on a mission once again. I think it will come down to Miami, New Jersey, Indiana, and Detroit.

dremarshall
10-24-2006, 11:48 AM
KNICKS BABY!!!!

dreismusic@yahoo.com

dogfight!
10-24-2006, 11:52 AM
Yao + TMac + Bonzai + Battier + Skip to my Lou = Championship!

Its the year of the Yao

Quiet storm
10-24-2006, 11:53 AM

Its the year of the Yao

If they can learn how to stay healthy I think they could make some noise.

Quiet storm
10-24-2006, 11:54 AM
Have yall been following preseason Nazr Mohammed has been a beast for the Pistons. I dont think they will miss a step even though they loss Wallace.

nar8ta
10-24-2006, 11:57 AM
My basketball addiction start from the Michigan Fab five, I still got most of their games on tape. Them dudes had me on the b-ball court dunking, everyday Jimmy King and Chris was my dudes!

NBA wise I'm going with Kobe and the lakers again, the boy is a snitch, but a problem regardless. If they get a quality role playing center and a consistant rebounder their on their way.

Yo remember when Sprewell was an all out monster on Goldenstate. I still have the game when GS and phoneix met in the semi finals, and spree dunk on Barkley big bowling ball head. Man that was the worst. He dunked on him seconds before the half time break, and yelled in his face. "Take that to the locker room chuck!" LOL That Dunk was Demonic!

O never forget about The Vince Carter Dunk in the Olympics, man I don't even want to talk about that one, he must of been in his word the night before LOL! :D How do you jump over a 7' dude! Demonic LOL

Nar

Knyce924
10-24-2006, 12:02 PM
uh oh......

'07 Celtics Baby!!!!
I'm down wit that! lol
I'm a big nba fan but since I started college I havent been able to keep track of my sports the way I used to. I cant watch local celts games either(tv setup). :o

Quiet storm
10-24-2006, 12:03 PM
For the record the Celtics will be lucky to even make the playoffs this year. My Wizards will be in there though:). Arenas is a beast.

LENZ_1
10-24-2006, 12:04 PM
KNICKS BABY!!!!

dreismusic@yahoo.com

uh oh, the Knickerbockers are coming....

Quiet storm
10-24-2006, 12:05 PM
uh oh, the Knickerbockers are coming....

They are a lottery team at best. Please tell me they have traded either Marbury or Frances.

jeyjey34
10-24-2006, 12:13 PM
They are a lottery team at best. Please tell me they have traded either Marbury or Frances.

Their owner gave Isaiah Thomas an ultimatum..."you put this team together, so either take this team to the playoffs, or you're fired! "

I'm not joking, that's pretty much what he said. :eek:

So Isaiah...good luck!

Quiet storm
10-24-2006, 12:16 PM
Their owner gave Isaiah Thomas an ultimatum..."you put this team together, so either take this team to the playoffs, or you're fired! "

So Isaiah...good luck!

Yeah I heard about that and the sad thing is he told Isaiah about that for the first time publically infront of mad tv reporters before telling him that privately first. With the roster he has now I dont think he can do it.

Quiet storm
10-24-2006, 12:24 PM
In the East, as long as Shaq is healthy, I think Miami will be on a mission once again. I think it will come down to Miami, New Jersey, Indiana, and Detroit.

What about Cleveland let us not forget they held their own against Detroit in last years playoffs so I would put them infront of New Jersey and Indiana (even though Indiana did get Harrington back which will make them better).

t-roberts
10-24-2006, 12:29 PM
The Cavs and LeBron James Baby!!!!!

Quiet storm
10-24-2006, 12:31 PM
The Cavs and LeBron James Baby!!!!!

Did they pick up anybody in the off season or do they still have the same roster? Did they lose anybody?

KFB
10-24-2006, 12:31 PM
What about Cleveland let us not forget they held their own against Detroit in last years playoffs so I would put them infront of New Jersey and Indiana (even though Indiana did get Harrington back which will make them better).

THANK YOU! we won 50 games last year without our second best player more than half the season. Detroit got worse. The bulls got better.

Carmelo has always been at those guys level as a scorer. However he's not even close as a rebounder or passer. He's one dimentional.

KFB
10-24-2006, 12:36 PM
Did they pick up anybody in the off season or do they still have the same roster? Did they lose anybody?
We picked up David Wesley, Scot Pollard, Daniel Gibson and Shannon Brown in the draft.

We traded Luke Jackson and did not resign allen henderson or flip murray.

Quiet storm
10-24-2006, 12:38 PM
We picked up David Wesley, Scot Pollard, Daniel Gibson and Shannon Brown in the draft.

We traded Luke Jackson and did not resign allen henderson or flip murray.

Hmmmmm not that impressed with the changes yall made u will pretty much have the same team.....loosing flip is gonna hurt I thought he played well for you. I dont know much about Gibson and Brown how good are they?

KFB
10-24-2006, 12:45 PM
Hmmmmm not that impressed with the changes yall made u will pretty much have the same team.....loosing flip is gonna hurt I thought he played well for you. I dont know much about Gibson and Brown how good are they?

We didn't need to make changes. Two of our better players missed half the season. Gibson and Brown won't get much time being rookies imo.

Flip was very streaky and he wanted to be starter here, which wasn't going to happen. After his dissappearing in playoffs nobody is sad to see him go.

dremarshall
10-24-2006, 12:46 PM

So Isaiah...good luck!

Let him go Let him go!

Quiet storm
10-24-2006, 12:48 PM
We didn't need to make changes. Two of our better players missed half the season. Gibson and Brown won't get much time being rookies imo.

Flip was very streaky and he wanted to be starter here, which wasn't going to happen. After his dissappearing in playoffs nobody is sad to see him go.

I think some more changes would have helped (if they seriously want to win a title) even though you do have a very solid team...well actually Wesley will be a good addition cause on a team with James its good to have quality outside shooters. I am still not convinced that Hughes and James fit nicely with one another Hughes reminds me of Ricky Davis a little and we all saw what happend with him and James.

KFB
10-24-2006, 12:51 PM
I think some more changes would have helped (if they seriously want to win a title) even though you do have a very solid team...well actually Wesley will be a good addition cause on a team with James its good to have quality outside shooters. I am still not convinced that Hughes and James fit nicely with one another Hughes reminds me of Ricky Davis a little and we all saw what happend with him and James.

Well, I see where you are coming from, they were actually really gelling before hughes got hurt. They really need a good pg imo. That is our weakness.

Quiet storm
10-24-2006, 12:55 PM
Well, I see where you are coming from, they were actually really gelling before hughes got hurt. They really need a good pg imo. That is our weakness.

Yeah that was actually the change that I had in mind that they need to address......they should have went after somebody like a Brevin Knight cause even though he is not a star player he is a pure point gaurd who knows how to run a team.

CHRISTion
10-24-2006, 01:06 PM
http://webpages.csus.edu/~fl22/kobe%20bryant.bmp

Quiet storm
10-24-2006, 01:08 PM
Mods??????? :rolleyes:

Redeemed
10-24-2006, 01:11 PM
i'm not sure... the league seems to be evening out a bit (except for the east)

i don't think the Heat will repeat... the title will go back to the west... probably San Antonio, if they can stay healthy or Dallas

lj.

The Heat will not repeat, but they will be a power in the league...provided they have no injuries.

As for San Anto, TD (AKA Groundhog day AKA the Big Fundamental) will be brilliant & Tony Parker will be even better...Manu will be brittle...Brent Barry, Finley, Nick "the not so quick" & Horry will look really old.

Suns will only take that next step (Finals) if Amare is healthy...I think he'll be Ok not spectacular after the Allstar break...well that is if he doesn't hit the wall conditioning wise.

Dallas has to be the favorite coming out of the West, but they need Josh Howard to take his game to that next level. We've seen the best out of the other guys.

Redeemed
10-24-2006, 01:15 PM
I think that in the West, there's a good chance that it's gonna come down to the same four teams as last year to decide who goes to the Finals from the West, either Dallas, San Antonio, Phoenix, or the Clippers. They all pretty much kept their same rosters.

Miami is the favorite. Chicago is a contender. Cleveland is a contender. Indiana needs to blow their experiment and start over...look for a big trade by the February deadline. Detroit will be better than expected...they may even look like Suns of the East in terms of offensive style.

New York will win 45 games...I'm serious. Really stop laughing! I'm serious.

Quiet storm
10-24-2006, 01:17 PM
New York will win 45 games...I'm serious. Really stop laughing! I'm serious.

Now I respect your basketball Knowledge but I aint feelin you on this one......the Knicks will NOT end this season above 500.

Redeemed
10-24-2006, 01:17 PM

Its the year of the Yao

Oh yeah I forgot! the Rockets will be scary! Shane's a glue guy and calming influence. Bonzi is an explosive scorer who causes match up problems.

Quiet storm
10-24-2006, 01:19 PM
Renaldo Balkman F 6-8 208 07/14/1984 South Carolina R
9 Elton Brown F 6-9 255 09/09/1983 Virginia R
21 Milone Clark G 6-4 215 10/24/1983 Tennessee Tech R
25 Mardy Collins G 6-6 220 08/04/1984 Temple R
11 Jamal Crawford G 6-5 190 03/20/1980 Michigan 6
34 Eddy Curry C-F 6-11 285 12/05/1982 Thornwood HS (IL) 5
1 Steve Francis G 6-3 210 02/21/1977 Maryland 7
7 Channing Frye C 6-11 248 05/17/1983 Arizona 1
31 Jerome James C 7-1 280 11/17/1975 Florida A&M 6
20 Jared Jeffries F 6-11 240 11/25/1981 Indiana 4
42 David Lee F 6-9 249 04/29/1983 Florida 1
3 Stephon Marbury G 6-2 205 02/20/1977 Georgia Tech 10
45 Paul Miller C 6-10 250 11/12/1982 Wichita State R
23 Quentin Richardson F-G 6-6 230 04/13/1980 DePaul 6
4 Nate Robinson G 5-9 180 05/31/1984 Washington 1
5 Jalen Rose G-F 6-8 215 01/30/1973 Michigan 12
13 Malik Rose F 6-7 255 11/23/1974 Drexel 10
55 Nikoloz Tskitishvili

Lets say it all together now...."NO TEAM CHEMISTRY"

Redeemed
10-24-2006, 01:28 PM
Have yall been following preseason Nazr Mohammed has been a beast for the Pistons. I dont think they will miss a step even though they loss Wallace.

What you're witnessing is the transformation of a team. Dumars said they have to learn to win another way...they can't expect to grind out 60 to 70 point wins. There must be better continuity on the offensive end: enter Jay Max, Nazzy, & Flip Murray.

Tayshaun Prince will be an Allstar this year.
Roscoe ('Sheed) will post up & drive more...but he'll still shoot about 3 threepointers a game.
Billups will opt out so...I'm expecting an even better year. I'm also praying he doesn't leave the team for the Nuggets.
Rip will be his solid self.
Dyese has gotten bigger (checkout his arms & shoulders), look for his stats to go up across the board.

Terry Porter & Dave Cowens are there to keep Saunders from getting out coached like he did in the Cavs & Heat series.

Pistons in the Finals
Pistons over...it really doesn't matter.

Redeemed
10-24-2006, 01:29 PM
They are a lottery team at best.

The Knicks will not be a lottery team this year. They have enough to get into one of the last spots.

Redeemed
10-24-2006, 01:33 PM
Now I respect your basketball Knowledge but I aint feelin you on this one......the Knicks will NOT end this season above 500.

Thanks for the respect. The 1st 20 games of the season will tell us what type of Knicks team we're dealing with. If they start out fast they can carry that momentum to 45 wins

Quiet storm
10-24-2006, 01:35 PM
The Knicks will not be a lottery team this year. They have enough to get into one of the last spots.

ok lets see who will be a lock for the playoffs we have Miami, Detroit, Cleveland, Indiana, Bulls, New Jersey, Wizards........so you think that the Knicks can beat out Philly, Milwaukee, or even Boston for a playoff spot? hmmmmm Id take that bet.

Psalmist
10-24-2006, 01:37 PM
Mods??????? :rolleyes:
he just hating cause he can't play unless if its on the playstation or xbox

Redeemed
10-24-2006, 01:51 PM
ok lets see who will be a lock for the playoffs we have Miami, Detroit, Cleveland, Indiana, Bulls, New Jersey, Wizards........so you think that the Knicks can beat out Philly, Milwaukee, or even Boston for a playoff spot? hmmmmm Id take that bet.

Indiana is not a lock, their a team in the midst of a collapse. The window of opportunity closed on this team. Its time to break things up and manufacture a new identity. Philly has consistency in one spot, the 1 spot run by AI. Milwaukee will have issues at point guard. Do you start a pass 1st floor general that can run any style and play solid D (Steve Blake) or will you start a shoot 1st 2nd and 3rd gunner with an inability to create (Mo Williams). They're going to start Mo, but they'll find that the offense runs better with Steve. Boston drafted a PG that could run his college team, traded for a PG that can only play at one speed (up tempo...but will learn to be more balanced by all star break). Their best 1 will be running 2 as a back up (Delonte West).

Look for Orlando and New York to sneak up on cats.

Quiet storm
10-24-2006, 01:56 PM
oops I meant to add Orlando in there as well......I agree those teams have problems but at the sametime the Knicks have just as many problems. If they dont trade either 'Star'bury or Francis I dont see how they will have any team chemistry. Last year their team Chemistry was terrible and how exactly did they improve in that area....by adding Jeffries:confused:. From what I heard the rookie they drafted is actually impressing cats so thats good but most playoff teams have that one "star" player and I dont see the Knicks as having that go to guy.

P.S. If the pacers can keep their team out of jail I see them as a lock dont forget they added Harrington and also Daniels.

Indiana is not a lock, their a team in the midst of a collapse. The window of opportunity closed on this team. Its time to break things up and manufacture a new identity. Philly has consistency in one spot, the 1 spot run by AI. Milwaukee will have issues at point guard. Do you start a pass 1st floor general that can run any style and play solid D (Steve Blake) or will you start a shoot 1st 2nd and 3rd gunner with an inability to create (Mo Williams). They're going to start Mo, but they'll find that the offense runs better with Steve. Boston drafted a PG that could run his college team, traded for a PG that can only play at one speed (up tempo...but will learn to be more balanced by all star break). Their best 1 will be running 2 as a back up (Delonte West).

Look for Orlando and New York to sneak up on cats.

CHRISTion
10-24-2006, 01:58 PM
QS, post all the teams from each conference and let's break down who makes it. Remember KNICK FAN, only 8 from each conference make it :rolleyes:

jeyjey34
10-24-2006, 02:04 PM
Indiana is not a lock, their a team in the midst of a collapse.

Midst of a collapse?? How do you figure that??

The Pacers almost ALWAYS make the playoffs and go at least to the second round and there's no reason to think that they won't this year.

You can say, "Oh...the Artest stuff ruined the team" Umm, the Pacers made the playoffs WITHOUT Artest and with Jermaine O'Neal hurt most of the season last year and Jamaal Tinsley was hurt most of the year. That goes to show you that you can never count out the Pacers.

And now WE have Al Harrington back who is just as good a player as Artest, not on the defensive end, but on the offensive end and rebounding.

Quiet storm
10-24-2006, 02:04 PM
QS, post all the teams from each conference and let's break down who makes it. Remember KNICK FAN, only 8 from each conference make it :rolleyes:

thats a lot of work u do it and I will comment on the teams. Where u at Eternal u a bball fan?

StreetSermonz
10-24-2006, 02:05 PM
'07 Celtics Baby!!!!

You beat me to it! PAUL PIERCE FOR MVP!!! :D

StreetSermonz
10-24-2006, 02:07 PM
Renaldo Balkman F 6-8 208 07/14/1984 South Carolina R
9 Elton Brown F 6-9 255 09/09/1983 Virginia R
21 Milone Clark G 6-4 215 10/24/1983 Tennessee Tech R
25 Mardy Collins G 6-6 220 08/04/1984 Temple R
11 Jamal Crawford G 6-5 190 03/20/1980 Michigan 6
34 Eddy Curry C-F 6-11 285 12/05/1982 Thornwood HS (IL) 5
1 Steve Francis G 6-3 210 02/21/1977 Maryland 7
7 Channing Frye C 6-11 248 05/17/1983 Arizona 1
31 Jerome James C 7-1 280 11/17/1975 Florida A&M 6
20 Jared Jeffries F 6-11 240 11/25/1981 Indiana 4
42 David Lee F 6-9 249 04/29/1983 Florida 1
3 Stephon Marbury G 6-2 205 02/20/1977 Georgia Tech 10
45 Paul Miller C 6-10 250 11/12/1982 Wichita State R
23 Quentin Richardson F-G 6-6 230 04/13/1980 DePaul 6
4 Nate Robinson G 5-9 180 05/31/1984 Washington 1
5 Jalen Rose G-F 6-8 215 01/30/1973 Michigan 12
13 Malik Rose F 6-7 255 11/23/1974 Drexel 10
55 Nikoloz Tskitishvili

Lets say it all together now...."NO TEAM CHEMISTRY"

they have a nice streetball squad.

jeyjey34
10-24-2006, 02:08 PM
Let's break down the EASTERN CONFERENCE.

Atlantic:
New Jersey
Philly
Boston
Toronto
New York

Central:
Detroit
Cleveland
Indiana
Chicago
Milwaukee

Souteast:
Miami
Washington
Orlando
Charlotte

Who's in?

Who's out?

Quiet storm
10-24-2006, 02:08 PM
they have a nice streetball squad.

rotfl yeah they look like a good College Basketball roster they probalby could win an NCAA title.

Redeemed
10-24-2006, 02:13 PM
Midst of a collapse?? How do you figure that??

The Pacers almost ALWAYS make the playoffs and go at least to the second round and there's no reason to think that they won't this year.

You can say, "Oh...the Artest stuff ruined the team" Umm, the Pacers made the playoffs WITHOUT Artest and with Jermaine O'Neal hurt most of the season last year and Jamaal Tinsley was hurt most of the year. That goes to show you that you can never count out the Pacers.

And now WE have Al Harrington back who is just as good a player as Artest, not on the defensive end, but on the offensive end and rebounding.

I like the Pacers but I think they've got to shake things up. This team currently constituted will not be as special as they have been in pass years. The off the court stuff they've gone through has been taking its toll on them since 2004. The Pacers in 2004 were the NBA's best team. The manhandled everbody in the east and the west. Then a certain Friday night TNT game sent everything south. Danny Granger is special. JO is a beast. Al Harrington is NICE! Marquise should start...guaranteed 15 to 18 points. Stephan Jackson is a cancer...Tinsley is a defenseless injury prone floor general with no range (if its beyond the foul line its an adventure). Maceo is a solid back up.

I'm drawing a blank what else is left? David Harrison? Daryl Armstrong?

jeyjey34
10-24-2006, 02:16 PM
I like the Pacers but I think they've got to shake things up. This team currently constituted will not be as special as they have been in pass years. The off the court stuff they've gone through has been taking its toll on them since 2004. The Pacers in 2004 were the NBA's best team. The manhandled everbody in the east and the west. Then a certain Friday night TNT game sent everything south. Danny Granger is special. JO is a beast. Al Harrington is NICE! Marquise should start...guaranteed 15 to 18 points. Stephan Jackson is a cancer...Tinsley is a defenseless injury prone floor general with no range (if its beyond the foul line its an adventure). Maceo is a solid back up.

I'm drawing a blank what else is left? David Harrison? Daryl Armstrong?

I'm telling you, man. The Pacers always find a way. Outsiders may look at their squad and think, "They don't have any superstars. They don't a Lebron, or a Kobe". However, that's what makes the Pacers so good. We have a system. We plug guys into the right places and get the job done. That's the brilliance of Rick Carlisle and Larry Bird.

Quiet storm
10-24-2006, 02:19 PM
Stephan Jackson is a cancer...

Why do u feel that way? Is it based on the brawl and the incident at the strip club? On the floor Jackson is a solid player he even helped the Spurs win a title a few years back.

Redeemed
10-24-2006, 02:20 PM
I'm telling you, man. The Pacers always find a way. Outsiders may look at their squad and think, "They don't have any superstars. They don't a Lebron, or a Kobe". However, that's what makes the Pacers so good. We have a system. We plug guys into the right places and get the job done. That's the brilliance of Rick Carlisle and Larry Bird.

They got the most underrated superstar in the league...Jermaine Oneal. He would probably be considered a superstar if he didn't have cats on his team that undercut that status and tried to lift themselves over him (Artest, Harrington part 1, Stephan Jackson).

They've got versatile cats but I just don't think this team is drinking the kool aid any more. In other words I don't think they buy into the system.

Redeemed
10-24-2006, 02:23 PM
Why do u feel that way? Is it based on the brawl and the incident at the strip club? On the floor Jackson is a solid player he even helped the Spurs win a title a few years back.

He had problems and was a problem in New Jersey so they got rid of him.
He was good on the court for San Antonio, but then he proved to be a problem with them so they didn't object when he left. It didn't matter in Atanta b/ c the franchise was a problem.

And we all know about the brawl, the beefs, the gun shots in Indy.

Quiet storm
10-24-2006, 02:25 PM
He had problems and was a problem in New Jersey so they got rid of him.
He was good on the court for San Antonio, but then he proved to be a problem with them so they didn't object when he left. It didn't matter in Atanta b/ c the franchise was a problem.

And we all know about the brawl, the beefs, the gun shots in Indy.

So how would you critique his play on the floor with Indiana? Has his play on the floor helped or hurt the team?

3SpiritsEM
10-24-2006, 02:35 PM
THE 2007 UNC TAR HEELS WOULD BEAT 50% OF THE TEAMS IN THE LEAGUE

jeyjey34
10-24-2006, 02:39 PM

RANDOM :)

CHRISTion
10-24-2006, 02:40 PM
Let's break down the EASTERN CONFERENCE.

Atlantic:
New Jersey
Philly
Boston
Toronto
New York

Central:
Detroit
Cleveland
Indiana
Chicago
Milwaukee

Souteast:
Miami
Washington
Orlando
Charlotte

Who's in?

Who's out?IN= Miami, tha D, Cleveland, Indy, Jersey, Washington (maybe), Chicago, & Philly

Now cry about it Knick & Celtic fan (LOL @ yall thinkin Telfair is the answer!)

KFB
10-24-2006, 02:42 PM
Mad cause t-blazers stink.:p

NinaNeen
10-24-2006, 02:47 PM
KNICKS BABY!!!!

dreismusic@yahoo.com

i pray so...but, i'm definitely looking forward to this season...I have no predictions as of yet, I haven't seen any of the pre-season games so i'll have to get into that...and see what's new...to be continued on my behalf ;)

Quiet storm
10-24-2006, 02:50 PM
IN= Miami, tha D, Cleveland, Indy, Jersey, Washington (maybe), Chicago, & Philly

hold up how is Washington a "maybe" and Philly is not? We are a better team than we were last year when we made the playoffs and Philly is the same team that didnt make the playoffs?

jeyjey34
10-24-2006, 03:04 PM
hold up how is Washington a "maybe" and Philly is not? We are a better team than we were last year when we made the playoffs and Philly is the same team that didnt make the playoffs?

Yeah Chris, I'm wondering the same thing.

Washington was one of the highest scoring teams in the league last year and they easily made the playoffs last year.

Redeemed
10-24-2006, 03:07 PM
So how would you critique his play on the floor with Indiana? Has his play on the floor helped or hurt the team?

Stephan Jackson is a bona fide baller. He's got an outside that's pretty consistent 15-18 ft, solid post game, good penetrator, and a more than adequate defender.

With that said, Marquise Daniels was acquired as his replacement.

Steve Jack has helped his team physically and hurt them from a chemistry standpoint mentally (off the court in the lockerroom). Look at the stuff he stirred up during the playoffs for instance. Oh and if he's a solid cat, why would Mr Pacer himself (Reggie Miller) put him on blast?

If someone will take him, they will definitely trade him. Phil Jack & Kobe could handle him. He'd be a nice addition to the Lakers.

You heard here 1st folks.

Redeemed
10-24-2006, 03:09 PM

At what...chess?

There are shooting guards in the NBA bigger than their center (Hanborough).

KFB
10-24-2006, 03:11 PM
Stephan Jackson is a bona fide baller. He's got an outside that's pretty consistent 15-18 ft, solid post game, good penetrator, and a more than adequate defender.

Steve Jack has helped his team physically and hurt them from a chemistry standpoint mentally (off the court in the lockerroom). Look at the stuff he stirred up during the playoffs for instance. Oh and if he's a solid cat, why would Mr Pacer himself (Reggie Miller) put him on blast?

If someone will take him, they will definitely trade him. Phil Jack & Kobe could handle him. He'd be a nice addition to the Lakers.

You heard here 1st folks.
This Brother is bringing heat. They better get rid of this cat, as well as tinsley imo if they want to stop the slide to mediocrity.

jeyjey34
10-24-2006, 03:14 PM
This Brother is bringing heat. They better get rid of this cat, as well as tinsley imo if they want to stop the slide to mediocrity.

And maybe Detroit should get rid of Rasheed Wallace because he gets technical fouls. :rolleyes:

You see how silly that sounds?

Redeemed
10-24-2006, 03:15 PM
IN= Miami, tha D, Cleveland, Indy, Jersey, Washington (maybe), Chicago, & Philly

Miami, Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago of course

Orlando will make it

New York will make it

Washington will make it

Toss up:

Indiana possibly but doubtful

New Jersey injuries will have something to say about that (VC every year, JK will miss time, Marcus PG of the future is already injured, Josh Boone is out mending from surgery, RJ will be there at least 79 games)

No way:
Philly (no D, only consistent O coming from AI)

KFB
10-24-2006, 03:17 PM
And maybe Detroit should get rid of Rasheed Wallace because he gets technical fouls. :rolleyes:

Where did anyone say anything about technical fouls or Rasheed Wallace? Defend YOUR team bro, don't bring other circuimstances and different teams to try to prove your point.

Face it, the pacers window is closed.

Redeemed
10-24-2006, 03:17 PM

Rasheed Roscoe Psycho Wallace "on the scene tech machine"

history of problems with the refs
no problems with teammates
no problems with coaches
no off the court problems

6'11" plays 3,4,5
post game
3 point range
athleticism
smart player eventhough you can't tell when he opens his mouth

jeyjey34
10-24-2006, 03:24 PM
Where did anyone say anything about technical fouls or Rasheed Wallace? Defend YOUR team bro, don't bring other circuimstances and different teams to try to prove your point.

Face it, the pacers window is closed.

I am defending my team. I'm defending them by showing you and the other haters ;) how you guys brush off another man's wrongful actions, yet when it comes to Stephen Jackson you want to say that he'll lead to the Pacers' doom.

I could name a whole list of NBA players that may have gotten into some off the court issue or even on the court issue.

Verse
10-24-2006, 03:57 PM
STARTERS:
C- Tony Battie- (8ppg, 7rpg, 25mpg) Solid defender
PF- Dwight Howard- (20ppg, 14rpg, 2bpg, 37mpg) Solid defender, good leader
SF- Grant Hill- (18ppg, 7rpg, 5apg, 30mpg) Great leader, solid defender
SG- Hedo Turkoglu- (15ppg, 5rpg, 4apg, 32mpg) Good shooter, good team defender
PG- Jameer Nelson- (15ppg, 4rpg, 8apg, 2spg, 35mpg) Great defender, solid floor leader

BENCH:
F- Trevor Ariza- Very athletic, great midseason pick-up last year, couple years away from being a Boris Diaw type player
G- Carlos Arroyo- Good floor leader, great addition off the bench
F-G- Keith Bogans- Back in Orlando as a better player, solid shooter, good defender
G- Travis Deiner- 3rd point guard, good experience because of injuries last year
G- Keyon Dooling- Good scorer, ok defender
F- Pat Garrity- Streaky long range shooter
C- Darko Milicic- Could start by mid-season, solid defender
F- Bo Outlaw- DEFENSE, REBOUNDING
F- James Augustine- Rookie, rebounder, banger
G- J.J. Redick- Could start by mid-season, great shooter, needs defense work

Also, Orlando has room under the salary cap, so look for a big deal to go down by the trade deadline.

Thoughts?...

I know you have thoughts Emerson, lol...

Quiet storm
10-24-2006, 04:05 PM
STARTERS:
C- Tony Battie- (8ppg, 7rpg, 25mpg) Solid defender
PF- Dwight Howard- (20ppg, 14rpg, 2bpg, 37mpg) Solid defender, good leader
SF- Grant Hill- (18ppg, 7rpg, 5apg, 30mpg) Great leader, solid defender
SG- Hedo Turkoglu- (15ppg, 5rpg, 4apg, 32mpg) Good shooter, good team defender
PG- Jameer Nelson- (15ppg, 4rpg, 8apg, 2spg, 35mpg) Great defender, solid floor leader

BENCH:
F- Trevor Ariza- Very athletic, great midseason pick-up last year, couple years away from being a Boris Diaw type player
G- Carlos Arroyo- Good floor leader, great addition off the bench
F-G- Keith Bogans- Back in Orlando as a better player, solid shooter, good defender
G- Travis Deiner- 3rd point guard, good experience because of injuries last year
G- Keyon Dooling- Good scorer, ok defender
F- Pat Garrity- Streaky long range shooter
C- Darko Milicic- Could start by mid-season, solid defender
F- Bo Outlaw- DEFENSE, REBOUNDING
F- James Augustine- Rookie, rebounder, banger
G- J.J. Redick- Could start by mid-season, great shooter, needs defense work

Also, Orlando has room under the salary cap, so look for a big deal to go down by the trade deadline.

Thoughts?...

I know you have thoughts Emerson, lol...

lol naw I agree with you Orlando is a "sleeper" team that could make some noise. However you know what I feel about Hill I expect him to miss many games cause he is NEVER injury free. If they have Darko starting by midseason like you say they might be in trouble. :). I am curious to see what JJ will do in the pros.

Quiet storm
10-24-2006, 04:07 PM

Ahhhhh good point.

jeyjey34
10-24-2006, 04:26 PM
lol naw I agree with you Orlando is a "sleeper" team that could make some noise. However you know what I feel about Hill I expect him to miss many games cause he is NEVER injury free. If they have Darko starting by midseason like you say they might be in trouble. :). I am curious to see what JJ will do in the pros.

Actually, Grant Hill's been pretty healthy the past two years. He was injured last year, but it had nothing to do with the same foot injury he's had in the past.

I like Jameer Nelson. I like Grant Hill. I like Dwight Howard, but I don't see Orlando making any noise. They may slip in for that last spot, but anything more than that...i don't see it.

Quiet storm
10-24-2006, 04:32 PM
Actually, Grant Hill's been pretty healthy the past two years. He was injured last year, but it had nothing to do with the same foot injury he's had in the past.

uhhh so then he wasnt healthy

I like Jameer Nelson. I like Grant Hill. I like Dwight Howard, but I don't see Orlando making any noise. They may slip in for that last spot, but anything more than that...i don't see it.

Dont sleep on Turkoglu he is a pretty solid player as well. Also they have the second pic in the draft from a few years ago my main man Darko who won a championship ring in his first year in the league. rotfl

Verse
10-24-2006, 04:34 PM
If Darko is starting by mid-season, take it as a positive. Brian Hill will only start him if he feels he has pregressed in his game. I think Darko has more skills than Battie already, but Battie's defense will have him start at the beginning of the season again. I truly think that Darko has matured and will be the force he was projected to be by mid-season. Remember, it usually takes most players 4-5 years to get totally acclaimated to the NBA pace.

My Picks:

Eastern Conf.
1. Detroit- Central Champ- Homecourt
2. Miami- Southeast Champ
3. New Jersey- Atlantic Champ
4. Cleveland
5. Chicago
6. Washington
7. Orlando
8. Boston

Western Conf.
1. Dallas- Southwest Champ- Homecourt Throughout Playoffs
2. Phoenix- Pacific Champ
3. Denver- Northwest Champ
4. San Antonio
5. Houston
6. LA Clippers
7. Memphis
8. Sacramento

Eastern Conf. Champ- Detroit (only because of homecourt over Miami)
Western Conf Champ- Dallas (barely squeaks by Phoenix in WC finals)
NBA Champions- Dallas over Detroit 4-3 (Finals MVP- Jason Terry, surprise)
NBA MVP- Steve Nash AGAIN!!!
Worst Record in NBA- Milwaukee (barely over Charlotte)
Most Improved Player- Jamal Tinsley, Indiana

Quiet storm
10-24-2006, 04:37 PM
I truly think that Darko has matured and will be the force he was projected to be by mid-season.

So by mid-season he will be worthy of being the 2nd pick in the 2003 draft?

Verse
10-24-2006, 04:41 PM
He will help them pull out a few wins that they need to make the playoffs. That's really all the Magic need from him. The Magic have more of a team belief than individual play. Feel me...

CHRISTion
10-24-2006, 04:42 PM
WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP PICKING BOSTON AND ORLANDO? :confused: -dude, the ONLY way Boston makes it is if Larry Bird walks through that door... they have a lame duck coach, an unhappy star (PP), and a bunch of very young role players that can't even beat the Bobcats consistenly. NO WAY they end up in the Playoffs. Not without a trade.

and ORLANDO? Are you kidding me? Oh yeah, they're the "sleeper" team... RIIIIIGHT-but which team are they gonna overtake? Philly? I doubt it-Hill is ALWAYS hurt, Milicic is a *BUST* at best, and where is their #1 pick again? Exactly. The only bright spots they have is Doc Howard and Meer Meer and he's an undersized pg with a LOT of heart...but...at 5'10" or whatever he is, he's gonna get punished just like he did last year.

And the reason I said Washington is a maybe is because they play even less Defense than Philly (don't believe me, watch that 1st round DEBACLE where they allowed for Young Bron Bron to look like a combination of Michael Jordan and Shaq put together :rolleyes: )

Verse
10-24-2006, 04:52 PM
The 76'ers have one potent offensive threat (Iverson), and the Magic have a few options (Howard, Turkoglu, Hill, Nelson). Please, don't even mention Webber, don't need a huge laugh right now. The defense between the 2 is pretty even so no debate there.

As far as Boston, I think they have a better coach in Doc Rivers. He will get his team in over Maurice Cheeks coaching.

Quiet storm
10-24-2006, 04:57 PM
And the reason I said Washington is a maybe is because they play even less Defense than Philly (don't believe me, watch that 1st round DEBACLE where they allowed for Young Bron Bron to look like a combination of Michael Jordan and Shaq put together :rolleyes: )

^^^^Yeah what he said. Correct me if I am wrong but did Philly somehow improve their team thus making them a better team during the 82 games played in an NBA season? I'm not sure how one bad NBA playoff series takes the Wizards out of the playoffs. :confused: So can we assume that the Lakers wont make the playoffs since they dont know how to close out a series.....lets see if Chris is consistent :)

Aquila
10-24-2006, 04:58 PM
First off how you gonna talk NBA without mentioning the best player on the planet??? Non other than 24K, Kobe Bryant.

Let's just be real here.

Anyway to begin with them I got high hopes when everybody is healthy. They can at least get to the WCF if they don't lose winable games in the season.

Bulls are sleepers as are the Magic, but it really depends on their chemistry. Both of those teams have potential. I hope Wade and Lebron don't get the "Jordan to the 10th power" ref treatment. I'm glad the new rules are in play about no talking to the refs. Maybe it will get more people to shut up and play. Rasheed may not play no more than 10 games this year with this rule.

I don't like the Heat to get further than the 2nd round. I think with the east still being weak though, the right matchups could propel them back to the finals. In the West I don't think the Suns are as strong as many are claiming, Dallas may fall off and the Spurs will be right back at the top.

Who knows really there were many signs shown good and bad in last years playoffs for the better teams.

Quiet storm
10-24-2006, 05:02 PM
First off how you gonna talk NBA without mentioning the best player on the planet??? Non other than 24K, Kobe Bryant.

Let's just be real here.

He is the best player based on what?

Maybe it will get more people to shut up and play. Rasheed may not play no more than 10 games this year with this rule.

Hilarious but true

Aquila
10-24-2006, 05:08 PM
Based on the people who play and have played the game. They all say Kobe is the best, there are many legendary players who get interviewed or asked whos the best and Kobe is always at the top.

Current players say he's the best even those who don't think too highly of him. Haters and nay sayers alike agree. He's gonna be like Jordan was after he's done be put on the legend status. Those who always wanted to doubt or hate on Jordan respect him now more than ever.

We can get into stats or the usual hater arguments about doesn't make teammates better and other silly stuff. It's pointless he flat out is the best that plays this game. If you don't agree with that at least agree he's the most skilled with a ball. Possibly more skilled than Jordan himself.

t-roberts
10-24-2006, 05:09 PM
Eastern Conf.

Western Conf.
4. San Antonio

.:) From now on the NBA has Changed the rules b/c of the spurs plying Dallas in the 2nd Round last yr. They go by the best record now. The division winner is now ONLY guaranteed a playoff Spot (ex. if the sixers were 15-47 but they won their division they would get the 8th spot.)So basically if we would've done that last year Cleveland might have beaten Miami in a 2-3 seed matchup (the cavs had a better record than NJ last yr) in the second round then went to the title. LeBron Averaged over 35 ppg vs. the Mavs last year

Aquila
10-24-2006, 05:12 PM
I forgot about that rule. It kinda stinks cuz teams like the Sixers didn't deserve a playoff spot.

I hope the East isn't so weak no more. I'm tired of seeing teams around .500 in the 4th spot or higher.

Verse
10-24-2006, 05:16 PM
The only seeding I was focusing on was the homecourt for each conference. These are just the 8 teams per conference I feel are getting in. But I do believe the top 2 of each conference I picked will be in the conference finals.

#1 Dallas over #2 Phoenix
#1 Detroit over #2 Miami

Quiet storm
10-24-2006, 05:17 PM
Based on the people who play and have played the game. They all say Kobe is the best, there are many legendary players who get interviewed or asked whos the best and Kobe is always at the top.

Current players say he's the best even those who don't think too highly of him. Haters and nay sayers alike agree. He's gonna be like Jordan was after he's done be put on the legend status. Those who always wanted to doubt or hate on Jordan respect him now more than ever.

Fam I have also heard players say the Lebron is the best and even some say Wade is the best so thats a weak argument unless u wanna poll the entire NBA to see who has a higher %. I might agree that he is the toughest one on one match up and possibly the toughest player to gaurd but does that make him the best NBA player.

We can get into stats or the usual hater arguments about doesn't make teammates better and other silly stuff. It's pointless he flat out is the best that plays this game. If you don't agree with that at least agree he's the most skilled with a ball. Possibly more skilled than Jordan himself.

So a player who doesnt make his teammates better is a "hater" argument? Is basketball not a team game fam? lol so now Kobe is more skilled at the game than Jordan? man im done lol .....holla at me when Kobe LEADS his team to 6 championship titles.

t-roberts
10-24-2006, 05:17 PM
I hope Wade and Lebron don't get the "Jordan to the 10th power" ref treatment. .

Is already happened. D-Wade in the NBA Finals 97 free-throws 1st 3 round average 71. Can you say Fixed. The NBA is looking to MAKE another Jordan (Bron and Wade) just like they MADE Jordan. This wouldn't have happened if the refs would've called the foul on D-Wade when he knocked Terry on the Ground in game 3. It would've been 3-0 but instead (Let's see if we can make more money out of this series for years to come) Calling non existent fouls against Dallas but swallowing the wistle when Nowitzki gets hand checked by horrible Defenders James Posey and Udonis Haslem.

Aquila
10-24-2006, 05:24 PM
Fam I have also heard players say the Lebron is the best and even some say Wade is the best so thats a weak argument unless u wanna poll the entire NBA to see who has a higher %. I might agree that he is the toughest one on one match up and possibly the toughest player to gaurd but does that make him the best NBA player.

So a player who doesnt make his teammates better is a "hater" argument? Is basketball not a team game fam? lol so now Kobe is more skilled at the game than Jordan? man im done lol .....holla at me when Kobe LEADS his team to 6 championship titles.

That's not a weak argument cuz as much as I read only bias analyst pick Lebron or Wade as the top player. I hardly ever hear former or current players say they are flat out the best. I hear they are playing the best ball at such and such time but that's it.
It is, what proof that shows he doesn't make them better? The game is a team game I never said it wasn't. In terms of skill I'm talking about what he can do with the ball, it's not saying he better. Jordan is the GOAT, these type of arguments are never read right because it's either one who looks at a player bias or the other doesn't give him much cred cuz he don't like him.

Aquila
10-24-2006, 05:28 PM
Is already happened. D-Wade in the NBA Finals 97 free-throws 1st 3 round average 71. Can you say Fixed. The NBA is looking to MAKE another Jordan (Bron and Wade) just like they MADE Jordan. This wouldn't have happened if the refs would've called the foul on D-Wade when he knocked Terry on the Ground in game 3. It would've been 3-0 but instead (Let's see if we can make more money out of this series for years to come) Calling non existent fouls against Dallas but swallowing the wistle when Nowitzki gets hand checked by horrible Defenders James Posey and Udonis Haslem.

I agree, this is what is killing the NBA. They market too much for players than teams. It started with Jordan which for so long it was ok, but as the years went on the pursuit of a great player as what the NBA stands for overshadowed great teams.

Last years finals was a fluke. How can he go from being guarded for the first two games, but after that he couldn't get breathed on? I'm glad what happened in the FIBA games happened. They both where exploited to a sense of what they get away with. Lebron with bowling over defenders which should be offensive fouls, Wades carries, and inconsistant scoring when he can't get to the line every other trip, and Lebrons travels.

There was a reason Carmelo played the best.

Quiet storm
10-24-2006, 05:29 PM
It is, what proof that shows he doesn't make them better?

Lamar Odom, Gary Payton, Karl Malone do I need to go on......? What player can you honestly say that Kobe has "helped" them become a better player. Jordan made everybody around him better so since you made the Kobe/Jordan comparison I am sure Kobe has made his teammates better correct?

The game is a team game I never said it wasn't. In terms of skill I'm talking about what he can do with the ball, it's not saying he better. Jordan is the GOAT, these type of arguments are never read right because it's either one who looks at a player bias or the other doesn't give him much cred cuz he don't like him.

No bias here infact there was a time in which I called Kobe the best player in the game I even argued that about a year ago on HCR but after observing last season I changed my mind. So in my book in order to be the best in the game you have to be a leader on the court who can lead your team to victory and also make the players around you better.

Quiet storm
10-24-2006, 05:31 PM
That's not a weak argument cuz as much as I read only bias analyst pick Lebron or Wade as the top player. I hardly ever hear former or current players say they are flat out the best.

What does Shaq say? :) Keep in mind he has played with both Kobe and Wade. Then again Shaq might be a little bias cause afterall Wade did put Miami on his back and lead them to a championship.

Quiet storm
10-24-2006, 05:35 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/6049954 <<<Thoughts on this ?

I like this quote

"And we can't help but still feel a little empty after what went down in Game 7 of Los Angeles' first-round loss to the Suns in the playoffs. Everyone in the basketball world was waiting for Kobe to take over and win the game by himself, but it never happened."

:)

Big Ty
10-24-2006, 05:39 PM
The Wizards is going to make some noise. First part of Gilbert's revenge will be on NOV 1 against the the dude they call King James.

Aquila
10-24-2006, 05:51 PM
LOL bring in Shaq. Of course what he gonna say. But really he hasn't said it, only thing he said is that him and Wade don't have arguments. Hmm but lets be logical, after seeing what happened between Shaq and Kobe you gonna want to start anything and have a media circus? Of course everybody can talk like I can play with Shaq and such from the sidelines and bleachers. But for those who know the inside, it wasn't just Kobe.

You actually say Jordan made everybody around him better but yet Kobe doesn't come close? Kobe didn't win 3 titles playing a major role or you'll probably just say he rode Shaq. If you watched all 3 runs, Kobes play was very key at the most important times to win a championship. His numbers stayed above average 26, 6, and 5 in all three finals. Yeah we can compare what Wade did but Kobe didn't have the refs and an old Shaq in his pocket. He also had the triangle offense to facillitate, not be the scoring option he is now.

You say you changed your mind after last season. Why? Because Lebron in the weak east put up 30, 7, and 7? Consider that fact his teammates played well all season. Dont' even compare Wades numbers look at his team. Yet, when it comes to Kobe he's gotta average those 35 points but also dish out 8 assist and grap 7-8 boards for consideration. Why the higher standards? His team far less talented, just learning the triangle system, Phil and Tex Winter who by all means do not promote the style Kobe played most of the season understood that was the only way they would get to the playoffs, and then finally Lamar Odom not stepping up till the last month of the season all factor in.

So back to helping them get better. I guess it wasn't Kobes leadership and example that had this team step up the way they did against Phoenix in the playoffs or even how they played that last month of the season. You seen the turnaround and it was evident. There was no way Kobe could play to that game plan all season and the Lakers even smell the playoffs. Too many times he had to save them and the perfect example the 81 point game. There was no way the Lakers on a slow night should have been down 18 to that team that had 3 players that actually cared about the results. Bosh, Villenueva, and Mike James trying to score 30. The Phoenix series summed up the season also. Up 3-1 on a great game plan and everybody stepping up. Kobe still averaged near 30 a game but shot less, a higher percentage, and filled his other numbers up. The trust and confidence was there with the whole team. I knew what was gonna happen if they lost game 5 because it had to be won in game 5 or 6. Phil knew it, Kobe even said it, but the other guys thought it was in the bag. Smush no longer could shoot, Lamar no longer versitile, Cook no longer hitting shots, Sasha no longer a spark, Kwame back to his bad habits, and Luke playing clueless. Kobes 50 in game 6 was criticized for no reason. Most of the points where scored in the second half because the first half was spent trying to get others stepping up. Game 7 was back to the gameplan which had them close but no one would step up once again. Should Kobe have taken over? Maybe, but for what another game 6 performance to still go home a loser.

My arguments are based on my knowledge, I follow this game very close. Yes, Kobe is my favorite but I believe I'm objective and always have been with him. He has many flaws and things I do not like at all in his game and decisions. I've watched Jordan very close also, I have a game collection that consist of games from his first few years to his last years as a Bull. I've studied and researched and followed his career. I may not know as much about other players but I know enough to feel I'm not bias with my claims.

I'm a fan of the game being played on a high level well. Kobe has proven to me it's more than what he does as an individual. It took Jordan time to prove that also to the average fan. But those who understand how driven these two are know it's about winning as much as possible and being the best they can be. They work tirelessly in the offseason and dedicate themselves to this game they love. It's remarkable and inspires.

I've talked enough fam...

t-roberts
10-24-2006, 05:53 PM
What does Shaq say? :) Keep in mind he has played with both Kobe and Wade. Then again Shaq might be a little bias cause afterall Wade did put Miami on his back and lead them to a championship.

Kobe did do the same as Wade. When Shaq fouled out Kobe told him that he'd win the game and he did.:)

Quiet storm
10-24-2006, 06:19 PM
LOL bring in Shaq. Of course what he gonna say. But really he hasn't said it, only thing he said is that him and Wade don't have arguments. Hmm but lets be logical, after seeing what happened between Shaq and Kobe you gonna want to start anything and have a media circus? Of course everybody can talk like I can play with Shaq and such from the sidelines and bleachers. But for those who know the inside, it wasn't just Kobe.

From what I heard it was Kobe cause why you think the very next season Payton came to Miami to play with Shaq? He obviously had no problem with the big man. BY the way Shaq called Wade the best player in the game.

You actually say Jordan made everybody around him better but yet Kobe doesn't come close? Kobe didn't win 3 titles playing a major role or you'll probably just say he rode Shaq.

Correct he was a sidekick....Shaq made everybody better cause if you in the post getting double and even trippled teamed it left players open for a wide open shot.

If you watched all 3 runs, Kobes play was very key at the most important times to win a championship. His numbers stayed above average 26, 6, and 5 in all three finals.

Where did you get that stat from?

Yeah we can compare what Wade did but Kobe didn't have the refs and an old Shaq in his pocket.

lol thanks your helping me out now

You say you changed your mind after last season. Why?

1) I was challanged by a friend to look at the players who have played with Kobe and I noticed how their games went down a notch. Lamar was suppose to be the next star in the league (why u think the Lakers were willing to trade Shaq to get him) but yet his numbers have gone down since joining Kobe.

2)Kobe is a good one on one player who can score at will but he does not "yet" have the ability to lead a team by himself. Please lets take a critical look at the Suns series last year and ask ourselves "Why couldnt Kobe (who is said to be the greatest player in the game) lead his team to just win "ONE" more game to close out that series. IF somebody can answer that for me I would really like to know?

Because Lebron in the weak east put up 30, 7, and 7? Consider that fact his teammates played well all season. Dont' even compare Wades numbers look at his team. Yet, when it comes to Kobe he's gotta average those 35 points but also dish out 8 assist and grap 7-8 boards for consideration. Why the higher standards? His team far less talented, just learning the triangle system, Phil and Tex Winter who by all means do not promote the style Kobe played most of the season understood that was the only way they would get to the playoffs,

these were none of my reasons why I changed my mind but to comment on one thing you said Wade's first season in the league his team wasnt overally talented but yet he lead them to the second round of the playoffs. Jordans bulls teams were just him and Pippen and a rack of role players.

and then finally Lamar Odom not stepping up till the last month of the season all factor in.

Lamar stepped it up when Kobe was injured did u forget?

So back to helping them get better. I guess it wasn't Kobes leadership and example that had this team step up the way they did against Phoenix in the playoffs or even how they played that last month of the season.
You seen the turnaround and it was evident. There was no way Kobe could play to that game plan all season and the Lakers even smell the playoffs. Too many times he had to save them and the perfect example the 81 point game.

Fam nobody is denying that Kobe has helped his team win games (even steve Kerr helped the bulls and the spurs win games) however lets not ignore all the games that Kobe shot his team out of.

The Phoenix series summed up the season also. Up 3-1 on a great game plan and everybody stepping up. Kobe still averaged near 30 a game but shot less, a higher percentage, and filled his other numbers up. The trust and confidence was there with the whole team. I knew what was gonna happen if they lost game 5 because it had to be won in game 5 or 6. Phil knew it, Kobe even said it, but the other guys thought it was in the bag. Smush no longer could shoot, Lamar no longer versitile, Cook no longer hitting shots, Sasha no longer a spark, Kwame back to his bad habits, and Luke playing clueless. Kobes 50 in game 6 was criticized for no reason. Most of the points where scored in the second half because the first half was spent trying to get others stepping up. Game 7 was back to the gameplan which had them close but no one would step up once again. Should Kobe have taken over? Maybe, but for what another game 6 performance to still go home a loser.

You asked "should Kobe have taken over" isnt that what the greatest players in a game does? A better question is "did Kobe take over"? Is the answer to that question consistent with one being the greatest player in the sport.

My arguments are based on my knowledge, I follow this game very close. Yes, Kobe is my favorite but I believe I'm objective and always have been with him. He has many flaws and things I do not like at all in his game and decisions. I've watched Jordan very close also, I have a game collection that consist of games from his first few years to his last years as a Bull. I've studied and researched and followed his career. I may not know as much about other players but I know enough to feel I'm not bias with my claims.

Thats cool I respect your knowledge and I also follow the game very closely as well. I work with an NBA Scout and we go around looking at little known NBA prospects from smaller schools. I knew Carmelo was gonna be a star back when he was an 8th grader. By the way remember the name Micheal Beasley for next years draft :).

I'm a fan of the game being played on a high level well. Kobe has proven to me it's more than what he does as an individual. It took Jordan time to prove that also to the average fan. But those who understand how driven these two are know it's about winning as much as possible and being the best they can be. They work tirelessly in the offseason and dedicate themselves to this game they love. It's remarkable and inspires.

I've talked enough fam...

Thats cool fam but Kobe is no Micheal Jordan. By the way you make some good arguments it gives me a lot to chew on other Kobe stans can learn a thing or two from you. ;) Man I love talking Basketball this is fun :)

Kool-Aid Man
10-24-2006, 07:05 PM
Atlanta Hawks make the playoffs.

Quiet storm
10-24-2006, 07:57 PM
Atlanta Hawks make the playoffs.

thats almost as funny as the Knicks making it

joseph29
10-24-2006, 08:40 PM
There are several teams that i want to keep an eye on, but i dont think will win a championship
Bulls- proabably got the most heart and work ethic in the NBA; but i dont think they're built for a deep playoff run

Wizards; Gilbert areneas is one of my favorite BBall players but he gets no shine; i think they're one big man away from getting to the 2nd round

Suns; Stodamire can either make this team championship caliber; or a repeat of the portland blazers (mad talent, but no finals appearences) I hope dude comes back like his old self; but if he comes back like webber; the suns wont get any further than last year

Lakers; they got the best player in the nba; but i have a feeling his knee surgery was a little more serious than was revealed. But kobe will need another mvp year in order to help the lakers get the playoffs; if the rockets can mesh; and utah make a good run; its gonna be rough.

3SpiritsEM
10-24-2006, 08:41 PM
Mad cause t-blazers stink.:p

Me no supporter of the trail gangters, I just move here from NC.

3SpiritsEM
10-24-2006, 08:57 PM
At what...chess?

There are shooting guards in the NBA bigger than their center (Hanborough).

Bro, you put too much stock in how tall kats are. how tall was the round mound of rebound?

How about this, keep the women and children away from the Comcast Center this year. :D

Redeemed
10-25-2006, 07:29 AM
If Darko is starting by mid-season, take it as a positive. Brian Hill will only start him if he feels he has pregressed in his game. I think Darko has more skills than Battie already, but Battie's defense will have him start at the beginning of the season again. I truly think that Darko has matured and will be the force he was projected to be by mid-season. Remember, it usually takes most players 4-5 years to get totally acclaimated to the NBA pace.

My Picks:

Eastern Conf.
4. Cleveland
5. Chicago
6. Washington
7. Orlando
8. Boston

Western Conf.
4. San Antonio
5. Houston
6. LA Clippers
7. Memphis
8. Sacramento

Eastern Conf. Champ- Detroit (only because of homecourt over Miami)
Western Conf Champ- Dallas (barely squeaks by Phoenix in WC finals)
NBA Champions- Dallas over Detroit 4-3 (Finals MVP- Jason Terry, surprise)
NBA MVP- Steve Nash AGAIN!!!
Worst Record in NBA- Milwaukee (barely over Charlotte)
Most Improved Player- Jamal Tinsley, Indiana

Darko way before mid-season. He'll probably beat out Battie by the start of the season (provide his back injury isn't serious). Nash will not 3peat as MVP, 07 MVP will be Lebron James. Worst record will not go to Milwaukee, Portland might be holding that torch. Jamal Tinsley will have too many turnovers, airballs, and injuries to be most improved.

The Mavs will have problems with a revamped Rockets team.

Redeemed
10-25-2006, 07:41 AM
WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP PICKING BOSTON AND ORLANDO? :confused: -dude, the ONLY way Boston makes it is if Larry Bird walks through that door... they have a lame duck coach, an unhappy star (PP), and a bunch of very young role players that can't even beat the Bobcats consistenly. NO WAY they end up in the Playoffs. Not without a trade.

and ORLANDO? Are you kidding me? Oh yeah, they're the "sleeper" team... RIIIIIGHT-but which team are they gonna overtake? Philly? I doubt it-Hill is ALWAYS hurt, Milicic is a *BUST* at best, and where is their #1 pick again? Exactly. The only bright spots they have is Doc Howard and Meer Meer and he's an undersized pg with a LOT of heart...but...at 5'10" or whatever he is, he's gonna get punished just like he did last year.

Doc isn't lame. He's actually doing a good job with the young guys in Beantown. Paul Pierce is back to drinking the green kool aid, so he's happy in Boston. WATCH OUT FOR Gerald Green! Bassy will win the PG battle and prove to be a good floor general. Rondo will be an excellent backup (reminds me a young poor man's Gary Payton). Theo Ratliff can still protect the paint. Leon Powe is a beast. etc etc.

That being said, they will be the 9th or 10th best in the east.

Milic will get a true opportunity to sink or swim. He's a going to be an excellent compliment to "Duh-white Sgt Snappy" Howard. Darko stat line will be 12 pts 5 rebs 1.2 blks 3 ast. Jameer will lead, Duh-white will beast, Bogans will make folks say 'Deshawn who?', Grant will play 78 games, Redick will excel moving w/o the ball & shooting lights out, Travis Diener will press Arroyo for the backup position, Ariza will emerge...O-town will make the playoffs this year.

Redeemed
10-25-2006, 07:52 AM

Let's just be real here.

Anyway to begin with them I got high hopes when everybody is healthy. They can at least get to the WCF if they don't lose winable games in the season.

Bulls are sleepers as are the Magic, but it really depends on their chemistry. Both of those teams have potential. I hope Wade and Lebron don't get the "Jordan to the 10th power" ref treatment. I'm glad the new rules are in play about no talking to the refs. Maybe it will get more people to shut up and play. Rasheed may not play no more than 10 games this year with this rule.

I don't like the Heat to get further than the 2nd round. I think with the east still being weak though, the right matchups could propel them back to the finals. In the West I don't think the Suns are as strong as many are claiming, Dallas may fall off and the Spurs will be right back at the top.

Who knows really there were many signs shown good and bad in last years playoffs for the better teams.

Kobe's a scary cat, I hope he doesn't rush back before he's completely healed from his surgery...he wants to play in the season opener.
The Bulls are favorites, not sleepers in the East. They've made the playoffs the past two seasons. And they've significantly improved their team with free agents & trades (Ben Wallace & PJ Brown) and the draft (Tyrus Thomas). They had the best defense last year and its even better this year.

I would call Orlando a sleeper because of the run they put together after they traded Stevie "I used to be called Franchise". They aren't going to sneak up on anyone, but they will win alot of games anyway. I would call them a Darkhorse team.

The East is no longer the JV conference. The West is no longer as dominant as they used to be. The Suns are as strong as STAT. If gets to 100% they're the favorites to dominate the West, if he isn't 100% (I expect him to top off at 85%) they'll still be contenders.

Redeemed
10-25-2006, 07:58 AM
Bro, you put too much stock in how tall kats are. how tall was the round mound of rebound?

How about this, keep the women and children away from the Comcast Center this year. :D

No I don't...Barkley was 6'4"

So are you comparing Hansborough to Barkley?

jeyjey34
10-25-2006, 09:44 AM

I hope not. :)

3SpiritsEM
10-25-2006, 11:47 AM
No I don't...Barkley was 6'4"

Homie the days of the big men dominating the League are over.
Plus, haven't you learned buy now, it's about team basketball and with what D Hans have around him. we could win a few NBA games. Teams the Heels would beat. The NY Knicks are terrible, warriors, that team in Canada, the hawks. Thatís four NBA teams right there that the 2007 Tar heels would beat

Are you a Maryland fan?

Quiet storm
10-25-2006, 11:50 AM
Plus, haven't you learned buy now, it's about team basketball and with what D Hans have around him. we could win a few NBA games. Teams the Heels would beat. The NY Knicks are terrible, warriors, that team in Canada, the hawks. Thatís four NBA teams right there that the 2007 Tar heels would beat

Are you a Maryland fan?

Do you seriously think a college team can beat an NBA team? Please tell me your joking.

jeyjey34
10-25-2006, 12:00 PM
The NY Knicks are terrible, warriors, that team in Canada

"That team in Canada"?

That lets me know that you aren't too knowledgeable on your basketball. ;)

Put Hansborough up against Tim Duncan, Ben Wallace, or Shaq and he aint doing nothing!

3SpiritsEM
10-25-2006, 12:23 PM
"That team in Canada"?

That lets me know that you aren't too knowledgeable on your basketball. ;)

Isn’t Toronto in Canada, Tell me where the raptors are from then.:rolleyes:

jeyjey34
10-25-2006, 01:41 PM
Isnít Toronto in Canada, Tell me where the raptors are from then.:rolleyes:

You made it sound like you didn't know the name of the team, so you just called them "THAT TEAM IN CANADA". :)

Redeemed
10-25-2006, 02:43 PM

Are you a Maryland fan?

This isn't a discussion about dominating big men, its about you believing that a team college team can beat an NBA team. Knicks, Warriors, Raptors, and Hawks would destroy the Tar heels. It would be close...it wouldn't be humane. If the heels score 60 on either of those teams it would be a moral victory for them.

Yes I'm a Maryland fan. I like the Heels, Duke, and UConn as well.

Quiet storm
10-25-2006, 02:45 PM
This isn't a discussion about dominating big men, its about you believing that a team college team can beat an NBA team. Knicks, Warriors, Raptors, and Hawks would destroy the Tar heels. It would be close...it wouldn't be humane. If the heels score 60 on either of those teams it would be a moral victory for them.

Yes I'm a Maryland fan. I like the Heels, Duke, and UConn as well.

^^^^^Word you could put a team together of Colleges best players and I would argue they still wouldnt beat any NBA team.

jeyjey34
10-25-2006, 02:49 PM
^^^^^Word you could put a team together of Colleges best players and I would argue they still wouldnt beat any NBA team.

Yeah, especially if you were to take the National champion Florida Gators and have them play an NBA team. They would get murdered!

Aquila
10-25-2006, 03:02 PM
From what I heard it was Kobe cause why you think the very next season Payton came to Miami to play with Shaq? He obviously had no problem with the big man. BY the way Shaq called Wade the best player in the game.

Correct he was a sidekick....Shaq made everybody better cause if you in the post getting double and even trippled teamed it left players open for a wide open shot.

Where did you get that stat from?

lol thanks your helping me out now

1) I was challanged by a friend to look at the players who have played with Kobe and I noticed how their games went down a notch. Lamar was suppose to be the next star in the league (why u think the Lakers were willing to trade Shaq to get him) but yet his numbers have gone down since joining Kobe.

2)Kobe is a good one on one player who can score at will but he does not "yet" have the ability to lead a team by himself. Please lets take a critical look at the Suns series last year and ask ourselves "Why couldnt Kobe (who is said to be the greatest player in the game) lead his team to just win "ONE" more game to close out that series. IF somebody can answer that for me I would really like to know?

these were none of my reasons why I changed my mind but to comment on one thing you said Wade's first season in the league his team wasnt overally talented but yet he lead them to the second round of the playoffs. Jordans bulls teams were just him and Pippen and a rack of role players.

Lamar stepped it up when Kobe was injured did u forget?

Fam nobody is denying that Kobe has helped his team win games (even steve Kerr helped the bulls and the spurs win games) however lets not ignore all the games that Kobe shot his team out of.

You asked "should Kobe have taken over" isnt that what the greatest players in a game does? A better question is "did Kobe take over"? Is the answer to that question consistent with one being the greatest player in the sport.

Thats cool I respect your knowledge and I also follow the game very closely as well. I work with an NBA Scout and we go around looking at little known NBA prospects from smaller schools. I knew Carmelo was gonna be a star back when he was an 8th grader. By the way remember the name Micheal Beasley for next years draft :).

Thats cool fam but Kobe is no Micheal Jordan. By the way you make some good arguments it gives me a lot to chew on other Kobe stans can learn a thing or two from you. ;) Man I love talking Basketball this is fun :)

Much respected. You made some good valid points too. But Kobe wasn't injured last year. He missed 2 games because of a suspension for the elbow he threw at Mike Miller. He missed two Utah Jazz games, funny they played them back to back. They split the games. You right about why didn't Kobe take over but I still trust his judgement with that, even Phil does. Game 6 is why. If he didn't do what he did in game 6 and they came up short game 7 he would have went for 60 and probably still lost.

Kobe is no Jordan but he's the closet to him. I'm telling you just watch this year, when this team is healthy. Kobe may still get 30 but everybody else will be a huge factor. You just might be changing your mind he's 24 now for a reason. It's the second and final part of his career and he's all about feeling blessed with the opportunity, not about he put himself where he's at. He's got peace so watch out league.

Quiet storm
10-25-2006, 03:17 PM
Much respected. You made some good valid points too. But Kobe wasn't injured last year. He missed 2 games because of a suspension for the elbow he threw at Mike Miller. He missed two Utah Jazz games, funny they played them back to back. They split the games. You right about why didn't Kobe take over but I still trust his judgement with that, even Phil does. Game 6 is why. If he didn't do what he did in game 6 and they came up short game 7 he would have went for 60 and probably still lost.

Kobe is no Jordan but he's the closet to him. I'm telling you just watch this year, when this team is healthy. Kobe may still get 30 but everybody else will be a huge factor. You just might be changing your mind he's 24 now for a reason. It's the second and final part of his career and he's all about feeling blessed with the opportunity, not about he put himself where he's at. He's got peace so watch out league.

Your right I might be changing my mind but as of yet Kobe has not proven to me that he is the greatest player in the game. I think he is capable of being the greatest player but we will see what will happen with the Lakers this year. IMHO they have as much talent as Jordan had to work with in some of his championship years. lol ok maybe not.

jeyjey34
10-25-2006, 03:20 PM
Your right I might be changing my mind but as of yet Kobe has not proven to me that he is the greatest player in the game.

So who's the greatest player in the game today?

We all know you're gonna say Lebron, so go ahead and say it. :)

Quiet storm
10-25-2006, 03:21 PM

Review the link I posted a few pages back I agree with the top 3 in order.

3SpiritsEM
10-25-2006, 03:54 PM
Please yall, DID NOT THIS PAST SUMMER OLYMPIC TEAM HAVE LEBRON, D WADE AND MELO ON IT. and did they win gold, noooooooo.

DID NOT THE 2004 OLYMPIC TEAM HAVE IA, LEBRON, D WADE AND MELO ON IT. and did they win gold, noooooooo.

Give me the names of the players on those Olymic teams that are in the League?

jeyjey34
10-25-2006, 04:02 PM
Please yall, DID NOT THIS PAST SUMMER OLYMPIC TEAM HAVE LEBRON, D WADE AND MELO ON IT. and did they win gold, noooooooo.

DID NOT THE 2004 OLYMPIC TEAM HAVE IA, LEBRON, D WADE AND MELO ON IT. and did they win gold, noooooooo.

There were a lot of guys playing on those European teams that are in the league. Manu Ginobli played for Argentina. Pau Gasol played for Spain. Boris Diaw played for France...and many others.

And no, a college team could NOT go over there and do better than the US Olympic team did.

Quiet storm
10-25-2006, 04:05 PM

Yes (note it wasnt an olympic team)

Yes

ummm Im not sure I understand your question but all the players on both teams are in the league. :confused: .

Are you trying to argue that NBA players can be beat? If so keep in mind that college players are a lot different than professional teams overseas. Most of those professional teams have guys who are NBA players. College players are a lot younger a lot less developed and not as strong physically. Also the USA team was just thrown together only getting about 2 weeks of practice now compare that with professional teams overseas that got expereince playing with each other for years.

t-roberts
10-25-2006, 08:23 PM

The Cavs would've Demolished the no defense Suns in the playoffs last yr. The only teams that were better last year was the Heat and the Pistons, but when The Season started the Cavs were better than Detroit and Miami with a Healthy Hughes. Maybe San Antonio. People forget that Cleveland Shut out Detroit for that whole series. Detroit was a top 5 offensive team.

illuminaticx
10-25-2006, 08:33 PM
Go clippers... :o

J =]

jeyjey34
10-26-2006, 11:14 AM
The Cavs would've Demolished the no defense Suns in the playoffs last yr. The only teams that were better last year was the Heat and the Pistons, but when The Season started the Cavs were better than Detroit and Miami with a Healthy Hughes. Maybe San Antonio. People forget that Cleveland Shut out Detroit for that whole series. Detroit was a top 5 offensive team.

WHOA!!! Are you serious? The only teams better than the Cavs last year were the Heat and the Pistons?

Man, Dallas would destroy Cleveland!

You said "maybe" about San Antonio, but there's no MAYBE about it, San Antonio would destroy Cleveland also.

The Clippers were better than Cleveland.

Phoenix was better than Cleveland.

Washington SHOULD have won that series because they are better than Cleveland. It took some game winning shots from Lebron just for Cleveland to pull it out.

Quiet storm
10-26-2006, 11:17 AM
WHOA!!! Are you serious? The only teams better than the Cavs last year were the Heat and the Pistons?

Man, Dallas would destroy Cleveland!

You said "maybe" about San Antonio, but there's no MAYBE about it, San Antonio would destroy Cleveland also.

The Clippers were better than Cleveland.

Phoenix was better than Cleveland.

Washington SHOULD have won that series because they are better than Cleveland. It took some game winning shots from Lebron just for Cleveland to pull it out.

Yeah I might have to agree with JeyJey on this one. If you give Cleveland a decent pure point gaurd I think they can make some more noise.

jeyjey34
10-26-2006, 11:23 AM
Yeah I might have to agree with JeyJey on this one. If you give Cleveland a decent pure point gaurd I think they can make some more noise.

Lebron is the WHOLE TEAM. Ilgauskas does a little here and there. Drew Gooden rebounds. Donyell Marshall knocks down 3's off the bench. That's pretty much it.

You can't expect Cleveland to go any farther than they did on a one man team...even Jordan had Pippen and Larry Hughes aint no Scottie Pippen. :)

Hughes is good, but not good enough.

And they are VERY inconsistent...and they proved it against a Detroit team that had issues.

Miami handled Detroit the way that Cleveland should have.

Quiet storm
10-26-2006, 11:30 AM
Lebron is the WHOLE TEAM. Ilgauskas does a little here and there. Drew Gooden rebounds. Donyell Marshall knocks down 3's off the bench. That's pretty much it.

You can't expect Cleveland to go any farther than they did on a one man team...even Jordan had Pippen and Larry Hughes aint no Scottie Pippen. :)

Ok I cant feel you on this one I would not dare say Lebron is the "whole" team they got a few solid players on the roster. I would argue to say that Big Z is one of the top 5 centers in the league or at least top 5 scoring centers. I have seen him hold his own against Shaq and Yao. I agree Larry Hughes is no Pippen but he is a solid player who is capable of averaging 20 (on the right team) in an NBA season. Gooden and Marshall are role players who do a solid job at the power foward position. Marshall was killing my Wizards in the playoffs knocking down them 3's The teams biggest weakness that they need to address is at the point gaurd Eric Snow is at best a back up point gaurd but yet he is running the show. Lets not forget that the Cavs were made close to knocking off the Pistons which would have sent them in the Eastern Conference finals.

jeyjey34
10-26-2006, 11:45 AM
Ok I cant feel you on this one I would not dare say Lebron is the "whole" team they got a few solid players on the roster. I would argue to say that Big Z is one of the top 5 centers in the league or at least top 5 scoring centers. I have seen him hold his own against Shaq and Yao. I agree Larry Hughes is no Pippen but he is a solid player who is capable of averaging 20 (on the right team) in an NBA season. Gooden and Marshall are role players who do a solid job at the power foward position. Marshall was killing my Wizards in the playoffs knocking down them 3's The teams biggest weakness that they need to address is at the point gaurd Eric Snow is at best a back up point gaurd but yet he is running the show. Lets not forget that the Cavs were made close to knocking off the Pistons which would have sent them in the Eastern Conference finals.

The thing is, they don't go to Big Z enough. In the games that I watch of the Cavs, they'll go to him in the first quarter or so, but in the second half, he mostly RIDES THE BENCH and they play small ball. I actually do like Larry Hughes, despite what I said earlier. I liked him when he was up in Philly playing with AI and I liked him on the Wizards.

Eric Snow is GARBAGE! :) I don't like his game at all!

And yes the Cavs were close, but close doesn't count. If they are as good as the other uninformed poster claims:rolleyes: , then they should have finished off Detroit just as easily as Miami did.

Quiet storm
10-26-2006, 11:48 AM
The thing is, they don't go to Big Z enough. In the games that I watch of the Cavs, they'll go to him in the first quarter or so, but in the second half, he mostly RIDES THE BENCH and they play small ball.

uhhh thats why they need that point gaurd I keep suggesting who can help feed Z the ball in the spots he needs to get it.

And yes the Cavs were close, but close doesn't count. If they are as good as the other uninformed poster claims:rolleyes: , then they should have finished off Detroit just as easily as Miami did.

Well that dude aint know what he was talking about :D Bottom line is that they are more than just a one man team.

eternal
10-26-2006, 11:52 AM
http://www.memoram.com/Backwards_richardson.jpg

Quiet storm
10-26-2006, 11:53 AM
http://www.memoram.com/Backwards_richardson.jpg

Can we say Lottery team? :rolleyes:

eternal
10-26-2006, 11:55 AM
Can we say Lottery team? :rolleyes:

I don't know, can you? It might be too many sylobols for you.

Quiet storm
10-26-2006, 11:58 AM
I don't know, can you? It might be too many sylobols for you.

How about this....can we say no quality big men on the team? :)

eternal
10-26-2006, 12:02 PM
How about this....can we say no quality big men on the team? :)

We playing small ball. I am not saying how it is going to work out, but the season is promising to be exciting. Don Nelson has Dunleavy at PF running the point! LOL. How much more exciting can it be?

We do have a lack of a quality center, and that is worrisome, but when JRICh gets back to full strength, we will have a very good running team with lots of mismatches to exploit. We won't be the caliber of the Suns, but we will be very similar, and we will have the originator of the system at the helm.

jeyjey34
10-26-2006, 12:06 PM
We playing small ball. I am not saying how it is going to work out, but the season is promising to be exciting. Don Nelson has Dunleavy at PF running the point! LOL. How much more exciting can it be?

I like Mike Dunleavy's game and all, but if he's playing power forward...YALL ARE DONE!!! :cool:

David Stern: "With the first pick in the 2007 NBA Draft, the Golden State Warriors select..."

eternal
10-26-2006, 12:13 PM
I like Mike Dunleavy's game and all, but if he's playing power forward...YALL ARE DONE!!! :cool:

David Stern: "With the first pick in the 2007 NBA Draft, the Golden State Warriors select..."

Agree. He is going to need a lot of help on defense. SO will our centers. This will be our sore spot, as our team d is going to need to be solid, but I just don't see it happening. But Nellie's teams have NEVER been big deffenders.

The thing that intrigues me is that Dunleavy is an excellent ball handler. He was a PG for most of his career until he just grew too big and became a SF. He can handle the rock. With dunleavy pushing the ball up and making the decissions, that allows Baron to play off the ball, and not chuck up so many threes, which was his problem last year. What PF is going to be able to guard lil dun dun at the point? So we have some nice matchups. I am not looking to win the finals, I just want to get back into the playoffs after 13 seasons.

jeyjey34
10-26-2006, 12:22 PM
If Nellie is gonna play that small ball, then he should use Troy Murphy at center. He is a very underrated player...very consistent with around 15 points and 8 or 9 boards a night. And he can shoot well.

eternal
10-26-2006, 12:31 PM
If Nellie is gonna play that small ball, then he should use Troy Murphy at center. He is a very underrated player...very consistent with around 15 points and 8 or 9 boards a night. And he can shoot well.

Yup, Murphy is playing center. I can't stand him though. The only player I dislike more is Foyle, but Nellie has him riding the pine. I haven't liked Dunleavy his entire career either, but I think this new role might be the one for him.

Quiet storm
10-26-2006, 12:34 PM
We playing small ball. I am not saying how it is going to work out, but the season is promising to be exciting. Don Nelson has Dunleavy at PF running the point! LOL.

oh goodness Dunleavey is no Anthony Mason.

jeyjey34
10-26-2006, 12:41 PM
oh goodness Dunleavey is no Anthony Mason.

He sure doesn't look like him...that dude was ...:eek:

He could hoop though. :)

CHRISTion
10-26-2006, 12:42 PM
the NBA is changing...the "traditional" roles are being weeded out-which is why you will see some strange lineups this year-and we can all blame Phoenix for it. Any team that can have Boris Diaw as Center and be successful-will soon be copied. i heard NJ will have RJ at PF this season :eek:

Also...don't be surprised to see LBJ runnin the point or Kobe or even DWade-the NBA is just looking for "skilled" players, not just your typical 6 ft pg, 6'6" sg, 6'8" sf, 6'10" pf, and the 7ft Center...Unless a team is playing the Heat or the Rockets, be prepared to see some craziness...

Quiet storm
10-26-2006, 12:44 PM
the NBA is changing...the "traditional" roles are being weeded out-which is why you will see some strange lineups this year-and we can all blame Phoenix for it. Any team that can have Boris Diaw as Center and be successful-will soon be copied. i heard NJ will have RJ at PF this season :eek:

Also...don't be surprised to see LBJ runnin the point or Kobe or even DWade-the NBA is just looking for "skilled" players, not just your typical 6 ft pg, 6'6" sg, 6'8" sf, 6'10" pf, and the 7ft Center...Unless a team is playing the Heat or the Rockets, be prepared to see some craziness...

Believe me I wont be suprised at Kobe running the point for obvious reasons :)

jeyjey34
10-26-2006, 12:47 PM

Can we go ONE DAY without some KOBE-Hating going on??? GOLLY!! :eek:

Quiet storm
10-26-2006, 12:49 PM
Can we go ONE DAY without some KOBE-Hating going on??? GOLLY!! :eek:

Kobe hating? I could have sworn I have said he was one of the top 3 players in the league that doesnt sound to much like hate to me. Geez all I said was that Kobe running point would not be to much of a suprise to me.

Redeemed
10-26-2006, 01:29 PM

Detroit won the regular season against the Cavs 3 to 1

12/31 Cavs won 97-84
2/26 Detroit won 90-78
2/27 Detroit won 84-72
4/12 Detroit won 96-73

So no the Cavs were not better than the Pistons during the season, but they did peak quite well in the post season when Detroit couldn't seem to get it done. Coach Brown did an outstanding job out coaching Coach Saunders. The true X-factor that will determine how well the Cavs play this year will be Coach Brown and the team's health.

That being said, I expect Detroit to kick a mudhole in them. lol!

KFB
10-26-2006, 01:31 PM

Sort of like the pacers have finished off the pistons in the past?:eek:

Quiet storm
10-26-2006, 01:35 PM

ROTFL owned

Redeemed
10-26-2006, 01:55 PM

And they are VERY inconsistent...and they proved it against a Detroit team that had issues.

Miami handled Detroit the way that Cleveland should have.

Lebron is on the brink of greatness but he is not the whole team. Hughes is a solid defender that reads the passing lanes well (one of the best at doing it), excellent slasher, good rebounder...not at all on Scottie Pippen's level but he doesn't have to be.

Z is a consistent post up. Drew is a beast on the boards, but erractic in shot selection...he's best suited to allow LB to create his shot for him. Varrejo (sp?) is a scrapper (very poor man's Wallace/Rodman w/o the cereberal aspect to his game). Shannon Brown is going to be a beast in the league. Daniel Gibson is a Chris Duhon like back up with a better jumper & a little junkyard dog in him (he ain't no punk...hmm double negative that means he is a punk...put this way the kid is tough).

The Cavs are really good. The tandem of LB & LH could be really good...I think Shannon Brown will emerge as the 3rd scorer on that team.

Redeemed
10-26-2006, 01:59 PM

The plan is to use Troy @ center. The concern is if he'll still exert himself in the middle after breaking his nose for the 3rd time...don't forget Ike. He started center for them at the 2nd half of the season. He's a strong kid with strong post game...very Barkley like (w/o Chuck's perimeter skills).

Redeemed
10-26-2006, 02:01 PM

I would be surprised. They need to conserve Kobe's energy so he can bench press the team to victory in other ways. Lamar is the team's point guard. If Kobe runs the 1 Lamar becomes irrelevent.

Quiet storm
10-26-2006, 02:06 PM
I would be surprised. They need to conserve Kobe's energy so he can bench press the team to victory in other ways. Lamar is the team's point guard. If Kobe runs the 1 Lamar becomes irrelevent.

Kobe doesnt run the 1 right now and Lamar has become irrelevent. :)

Redeemed
10-26-2006, 02:17 PM
Kobe doesnt run the 1 right now and Lamar has become irrelevent. :)

Aww that's cruel. In the regular season he averaged 15 pts 9 boards 6 dimes. Those are solid numbers. In the Suns series he made Shawn Marion irrelevent.

They need Lamar to increase his scoring to at least 18 to 19 points, his other stats are fine. This season will be incredibly difficult for Lamar since he's coming back from an off season where he lost his son to SIDS. I'm pulling big time for Lamar. As a father I know that had to devastate him. Prayerfully the LORD will send one of his servants to reach out to him.

Quiet storm
10-26-2006, 02:19 PM
Aww that's cruel. In the regular season he averaged 15 pts 9 boards 6 dimes. Those are solid numbers. In the Suns series he made Shawn Marion irrelevent.

They need Lamar to increase his scoring to at least 18 to 19 points, his other stats are fine. This season will be incredibly difficult for Lamar since he's coming back from an off season where he lost his son to SIDS. I'm pulling big time for Lamar. As a father I know that had to devastate him. Prayerfully the LORD will send one of his servants to reach out to him.

Yeah I was honestly just kidding I know Lamar is doing a lot for the team but he still has not reached his full potential. I think it will be hard for him to take his game to the next level on a team with Kobe. I seriously think he can be a superstar.

CHRISTion
10-26-2006, 02:24 PM
Hey QS, I wanted to throw this at you. Your biggest complaint about Kobe is that he doesn't make his teammates better (a fair assessment) but I would like to know how you think D Wade, Carmelo, or someone like T-Mac does that?? I know Lebron does, but I'm interested in seeing what you think about the others...and actually, I don't even think your boy Gil Arenas makes his teammates better either (he has a rep for being a show boat ball hog that will get called out for being a ball hog and then not shoot for the next game. I really don't like him at all)

jeyjey34
10-26-2006, 02:27 PM

Yep, we would be close, but couldn't quite get over the hump.

ROTFL owned
That was uncalled for, piggybacker. :rolleyes:

Redeemed
10-26-2006, 02:35 PM
Hey QS, I wanted to throw this at you. Your biggest complaint about Kobe is that he doesn't make his teammates better (a fair assessment) but I would like to know how you think D Wade, Carmelo, or someone like T-Mac does that?? I know Lebron does, but I'm interested in seeing what you think about the others...and actually, I don't even think your boy Gil Arenas makes his teammates better either (he has a rep for being a show boat ball hog that will get called out for being a ball hog and then not shoot for the next game. I really don't like him at all)

I apologize for butting in but you're likely to see a different Melo this year. This year's Melo will present himself as more of a leader. D Wade already makes his teammates better by facilitating the offense in such a way that when move into position to score he does pass it quite often. In fact most of the heads from the bronze medal USA said they were particularly impressed with his ability to pass the ball. D Wade also presents himself as a calming influence for his team even when they're down (refer to the Dallas series from last year).

Gil is an assassin on offense and a matador on defense. Mentally he keeps the other players loose with his lighthearted disposition, physically he has reached a level where he makes players better. His exposure to the USA has changed that I believe. Gil will still be a prolific scorer this year, but he will be more rounded.

Kobe gives his players an edge to their personality. He's coldblooded and he makes them coldblooded. Last year's Lakers team took on more of his personality and came out trying to manhandle teams. He carried them by example, but he also copped out on them as well. Kobe needs players that attempt to match his intensity, if they don't he has no use for them.

Quiet storm
10-26-2006, 02:43 PM

Actually my biggest complaint is that I dont feel that Kobe can "lead" a team on his own. Dwade makes his teammates better cause he actually "trust" them so he is not scared to throw the ball to the open man. He keeps teams guessing about what he is gonna do so other teams might collaspe on him as he drives the lane and then he dishes it off to an open man. Also he is an encourager its easy to play with a guy who doesnt shrug his shoulders or rolls his eyes everytime you dont pass him the ball. This is very important for chemistry on the basketball court cause guys arent scared to "shoot" the ball in fear that the star player will yell at them. I see GI in a similar fashion I see Wade. I see Mello as more of a "lead by example" so cats will see what he is doing and follow his lead. He did that in high school as well as college and was able to get a poor Nuggets team in the playoffs his first year in the league. Also in the olympics he was clearly the leader of that team. As far as T Mac hmmmm I cant really say he makes his teammates better he is similar to Kobe in my mind. Good question as far as there ability to make others better but when I think of the "greatest in the game" then that is a trait I would like to see in them.

Quiet storm
10-26-2006, 02:50 PM
I apologize for butting in but you're likely to see a different Melo this year. This year's Melo will present himself as more of a leader. D Wade already makes his teammates better by facilitating the offense in such a way that when move into position to score he does pass it quite often. In fact most of the heads from the bronze medal USA said they were particularly impressed with his ability to pass the ball. D Wade also presents himself as a calming influence for his team even when they're down (refer to the Dallas series from last year).

Gil is an assassin on offense and a matador on defense. Mentally he keeps the other players loose with his lighthearted disposition, physically he has reached a level where he makes players better. His exposure to the USA has changed that I believe. Gil will still be a prolific scorer this year, but he will be more rounded.

Kobe gives his players an edge to their personality. He's coldblooded and he makes them coldblooded. Last year's Lakers team took on more of his personality and came out trying to manhandle teams. He carried them by example, but he also copped out on them as well. Kobe needs players that attempt to match his intensity, if they don't he has no use for them.

^^^Yeah lets go with what he said :)

Redeemed
10-26-2006, 02:53 PM
I forgot Tmac! I think he's better suited to allowing Battier to be the vocal leader while he becomes a leader by example. The Battier pick up is going to make Tmac a better player in the long run.

Quiet storm
10-26-2006, 02:56 PM
I forgot Tmac! I think he's better suited to allowing Battier to be the vocal leader while he becomes a leader by example. The Battier pick up is going to make Tmac a better player in the long run.

Yeah I agree but at first I thought it was stupid when they traded Rudy Gay (probably because he played with one of my former youth in high school so I had been following Gay for a mintue now) but I think Battier would be a better fit for a team that already has 2 stars.

Redeemed
10-26-2006, 03:03 PM
Yeah I agree but at first I thought it was stupid when they traded Rudy Gay (probably because he played with one of my former youth in high school so I had been following Gay for a mintue now) but I think Battier would be a better fit for a team that already has 2 stars.

If they would have kept Gay, Tmac would have been thrusted into the mentor role. With the aquisition of Battier, Tmac gets a much needed mentor.

Rudy is still in a great positon. He gets to talk to and learn from the LOGO (Jerry West), Eddie Jones (excellent vet), and battle Warwick athletic freak.

I'm casting my homer vote for Rudy to win Rookie of the Year.

Quiet storm
10-26-2006, 03:06 PM
If they would have kept Gay, Tmac would have been thrusted into the mentor role. With the aquisition of Battier, Tmac gets a much needed mentor.

Rudy is still in a great positon. He gets to talk to and learn from the LOGO (Jerry West), Eddie Jones (excellent vet), and battle Warwick athletic freak.

Word I agree I have been impressed with his game since high school I hope he does well in the league.

jeyjey34
10-26-2006, 03:06 PM

Why would TMac need a mentor? He and Shane are just about the same age and TMac's been in the league longer.

CHRISTion
10-26-2006, 03:11 PM
Well, I often here people talking about how Kobe doesn't pass the ball or that he doesn't like to share, or that he doesn't play well within the team concept, or that he doesn't trust his teammates YET, was it ME, or where they ONE STOP AWAY from going to the 2nd round due to him doing ALL OF THE ABOVE (check the stats for proof). Now, no they didn't win, but HELLO, Kobe had the weakest team in the playoffs-no other team came CLOSE to how weak they were...

Smush
Kobe
Lamah
Brown
Mihm (did they even have him?)-No, I don't think they did...wait...lemme check-NOPE, they didn't, they had LUKE FREAKING WALTON (nuff said)

YET, they still took the 3rd best team in the West to a 7th game. Not bad for someone who doesn't know how to lead :rolleyes:

CHRISTion
10-26-2006, 03:12 PM

I'm waiting to see if Rudy's Jersey will sell ;) (think of his last name and then you'll think this will be a lot funnier)

Redeemed
10-26-2006, 03:16 PM
Why would TMac need a mentor? He and Shane are just about the same age and TMac's been in the league longer.

Age has little to do with one's mental capacity to lead. Shane has proven himself to be a well developed intellectual with a great grasp on inspiring others. He did it at Duke and he's done it at Memphis.

Tracey isn't a kid, but will still be challenged by Shane to approach the game properly. Tracey has a history of disappearing for quarters. Moreover his last year at Orlando he admitted to tanking games and berating teammates. I love Tmac's game and I'm convinced that Shane's influence will challenge him to raise the bar.

Redeemed
10-26-2006, 03:18 PM
I'm waiting to see if Rudy's Jersey will sell ;) (think of his last name and then you'll think this will be a lot funnier)

You're silly!

jeyjey34
10-26-2006, 03:40 PM

That is pretty funny...however look at it this way....people still bought Dick BUTKIS jerseys. :eek:

Quiet storm
10-26-2006, 04:17 PM
Well, I often here people talking about how Kobe doesn't pass the ball or that he doesn't like to share, or that he doesn't play well within the team concept, or that he doesn't trust his teammates YET, was it ME, or where they ONE STOP AWAY from going to the 2nd round due to him doing ALL OF THE ABOVE (check the stats for proof). Now, no they didn't win, but HELLO, Kobe had the weakest team in the playoffs-no other team came CLOSE to how weak they were...

Smush
Kobe
Lamah
Brown
Mihm (did they even have him?)-No, I don't think they did...wait...lemme check-NOPE, they didn't, they had LUKE FREAKING WALTON (nuff said)

YET, they still took the 3rd best team in the West to a 7th game. Not bad for someone who doesn't know how to lead :rolleyes:

*yawning* Kobe almost did this Kobe almost did that......lets keep it real the "best player in the league" couldnt get his team to close out a 3-1 series lead against a team that was without arguably their best player. Let me remind you again that Lamar is a BEAST him and Kobe could and should form a dynamtic dual as soon as Kobe learns to play off him. Holla at me when Kobe gets to at least the conference finals. If the Lakers dont make the playoffs this year (which I dont think they will) do you promise to stop being a STAN of Kobe?

jeyjey34
10-26-2006, 04:20 PM
*yawning* Kobe almost did this Kobe almost did that......lets keep it real the "best player in the league" couldnt get his team to close out a 3-1 series lead against a team that was without arguably their best player. Let me remind you again that Lamar is a BEAST him and Kobe could and should form a dynamtic dual as soon as Kobe learns to play off him.

Q, don't you think it's hypocritical for you to make fun of someone calling Kobe the best player in the league, yet you haven't said who is in your opinion? :cool:

Until you come out and say who is the best in your opinion, you have no right to make fun of someone else's thoughts. :)

So, go ahead and say that Lebron is the best like you want to, and we can move on. :rolleyes:

Quiet storm
10-26-2006, 04:22 PM
Review the link I posted a few pages back I agree with the top 3 in order.

uhhh did you miss this?

Quiet storm
10-26-2006, 04:23 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/6049954 <<<Thoughts on this ?

I like this quote

"And we can't help but still feel a little empty after what went down in Game 7 of Los Angeles' first-round loss to the Suns in the playoffs. Everyone in the basketball world was waiting for Kobe to take over and win the game by himself, but it never happened."

:)

I AGREE WITH THE TOP 3 CHOICES IN THIS LINK JEYJEY

joseph29
10-26-2006, 04:27 PM
Man i'm far from a kobe stan, but i'm gonna tell you guys why the lakers lost to the suns. After they went up 3-1 kobe had his second daughter; i think before that dude was focused on proving that he should be mvp instead of nash, but his daughter helped him lose focus. Also kwame brown (who was killing the suns) all of a sudden gets charged with rape the night before the next game; and you all know kwame aint the most mentally tough player out there. so thats why they lost game 5.
The rest of the games kobe was getting mauled everytime dude drove the paint; and he wasnt getting calls; while wade could do the same thing and get almost 30 free throws. I will say kobe should've taken over game 7 when his team needed him and that could've been his defining moment but he lost it; kinda like when pippen sat out against the knicks in the playoffs.

Quiet storm
10-26-2006, 04:30 PM
Man i'm far from a kobe stan, but i'm gonna tell you guys why the lakers lost to the suns. After they went up 3-1 kobe had his second daughter; i think before that dude was focused on proving that he should be mvp instead of nash, but his daughter helped him lose focus. Also kwame brown (who was killing the suns) all of a sudden gets charged with rape the night before the next game; and you all know kwame aint the most mentally tough player out there. so thats why they lost game 5.
The rest of the games kobe was getting mauled everytime dude drove the paint; and he wasnt getting calls; while wade could do the same thing and get almost 30 free throws. I will say kobe should've taken over game 7 when his team needed him and that could've been his defining moment but he lost it; kinda like when pippen sat out against the knicks in the playoffs.

*playing violin*

Aquila
10-26-2006, 04:35 PM
Dang now the hate comes out. I love how people try to say how last years Laker team was great. They didn't show signs of greatness till late, but yet it went away in a snap when the pressure was put on.

I thought it was a team game QS? You've said that earlier, but yet you say the best player in the game couldn't close them out? Not fair and you got the same double standard a lot of others have on Kobe.

We'll see this year what happens, I won't give mad props to Wade or Lebron especially if they continue to get the assistance from David Stern every game to pad their stats.

ZestD
10-26-2006, 04:37 PM
We'll see this year what happens, I won't give mad props to Wade or Lebron especially if they continue to get the assistance from David Stern every game to pad their stats.

Not everything is a conspiracy.

Quiet storm
10-26-2006, 04:39 PM
I thought it was a team game QS? You've said that earlier, but yet you say the best player in the game couldn't close them out? Not fair and you got the same double standard a lot of others have on Kobe.

Lets take a look at what Qs actually said

lets keep it real the "best player in the league" couldnt get his team to close out a 3-1 series lead against a team that was without arguably their best player.

Quiet storm
10-26-2006, 04:40 PM
I won't give mad props to Wade or Lebron especially if they continue to get the assistance from David Stern every game to pad their stats.

Now whose hating? *playing violin*

Aquila
10-26-2006, 04:42 PM
Regardless what you said it's a jab at Kobe. What about Lebron? Lebron pretty much did the same thing against Detroit in that final game. It was even discussed on ESPN post game and they even said no one is gonna say nothing about him but yet Kobe gets thrashed.

Lakers clearly played a better team and should have beaten them. What about Wade? We can talk all day about his parade on the red carpet. Is it because his jumper is weak? Who knows the treatment is outta hand and when it exceeds what Jordan got, you know it's pure cheating.

Quiet storm
10-26-2006, 04:47 PM
Regardless what you said it's a jab at Kobe.

No it wasnt it was the truth? Did Kobe lead his team pass the suns yes or no?

What about Lebron? Lebron pretty much did the same thing against Detroit in that final game. It was even discussed on ESPN post game and they even said no one is gonna say nothing about him but yet Kobe gets thrashed.

Well you do see that Lebron is not number one on my list.

Lakers clearly played a better team and should have beaten them. What about Wade? We can talk all day about his parade on the red carpet. Is it because his jumper is weak? Who knows the treatment is outta hand and when it exceeds what Jordan got, you know it's pure cheating.

awww how cute look at you hating on Wade lol. His weak jumper had him averaging 35 in the finals leading his team back from being down 2-0 in that series.

jeyjey34
10-26-2006, 04:47 PM
Who knows the treatment is outta hand and when it exceeds what Jordan got, you know it's pure cheating.

HAHA! You're funny man. I'm not getting into that conspiracy theory stuff.

D Wade was being super aggressive and he deserved SOME of those calls, but at the same time, some of those calls were TOUCH fouls that NO PLAYER deserves to get.

That didnothing but slow the game down, which ended up in Miami's favor.

Having said that, Dallas should had their chances and they were up 2-0 and should have won, yet they didn't so they can't blame the refs or anyone else.

Aquila
10-26-2006, 05:04 PM
LOL, saying I'm hating on Wade. Like you said above did the Lakers beat the Suns? Yes or No? Were all those calls Wade got justified? Yes or No? If you a real fan of the game, not everything around and in it but the game itself you'll be honest.

I'll say it again, did you watch the FIBA games?

Quiet storm
10-26-2006, 05:17 PM
LOL, saying I'm hating on Wade. Like you said above did the Lakers beat the Suns? Yes or No? Were all those calls Wade got justified? Yes or No? If you a real fan of the game, not everything around and in it but the game itself you'll be honest.

Ummm how does the "treatment" Wade get any different that the "treatment" of Kobe or any other "superstar"?

I'll say it again, did you watch the FIBA games?

I saw the game they lost

P.S. Yes your hating on Wade talking about "Weak Jumper" where was his "weak" jumper in the finals?

illuminaticx
10-26-2006, 05:41 PM
Rockets pre-season looked good.

J =]

Redeemed
10-27-2006, 08:58 AM
Wade destroyed the Mavs inside, outside, and from the line.

The Rockets do look good.

Quiet storm
10-30-2006, 02:57 PM
Are cats ready for tommorow the start of the season? I'm pumped up I live and breathe basketball. Wizards 2007 champions :)

dogfight!
10-30-2006, 03:02 PM
Are cats ready for tommorow the start of the season? I'm pumped up I live and breathe basketball. Wizards 2007 champions :)
I'll say it again...

Yao + TMac + Battier + Bonzai! + Skip to My Lou = Playoffs!

Add Billy the kid (spanoullis), Novak (dude cant miss from 3), Kirk Snyder, and Juwan Howard and you got an NBA championship.

Jito el Cubano
10-30-2006, 03:11 PM
I'll say it again...

Yao + TMac + Battier + Bonzai! + Skip to My Lou = Playoffs!

Add Billy the kid (spanoullis), Novak (dude cant miss from 3), Kirk Snyder, and Juwan Howard and you got an NBA championship.

Playoffs for the Rockets=maybe, they need a better front line: Juwan Howard is old, and Stromile Swift is overrated (if he even plays there anymore).

Championship=not for another decade :D

I'm rolling with the Pistons, even though they lost Big Ben.

Quiet storm
10-30-2006, 03:13 PM
Yao or Tracy will eventually get injured they always do. If one of them gets hurt then there goes the playoffs.

dogfight!
10-30-2006, 03:14 PM
Playoffs for the Rockets=maybe, they need a better front line: Juwan Howard is old, and Stromile Swift is overrated (if he even plays there anymore).

Championship=not for another decade :D

I'm rolling with the Pistons, even though they lost Big Ben.
lol. No Swift is of the past. Juwan is on the bench, Battier is the starting power foward. On the bench, they have sharp shooting Novak, Chuck Hayes and the "old" Howard that play the '4'. And we all know right now Yao is the best center in the game and TMac is the starting 3. You have a problem with that frontline???

dogfight!
10-30-2006, 03:15 PM
Yao or Tracy will eventually get injured they always do. If one of them gets hurt then there goes the playoffs.
true. but so will Arenas. All that running in a tent in his crib is going to get to his body. lol.

3SpiritsEM
10-30-2006, 03:15 PM

Who are the starting 5 for the Wizz this year?

Quiet storm
10-30-2006, 03:23 PM
Who are the starting 5 for the Wizz this year?

I didnt get a chance to see any preseason games so I am not sure.....probably ummmm Gilbert, Caron, Jamison, Haywood and maybe stevenson or hayes.

Kool-Aid Man
10-30-2006, 08:34 PM
thats almost as funny as the Knicks making it

Hawks > Wizards though.

jeyjey34
10-30-2006, 08:51 PM
I didnt get a chance to see any preseason games so I am not sure.....probably ummmm Gilbert, Caron, Jamison, Haywood and maybe stevenson or hayes.

They said that they are leaning towards starting Etan Thomas over Haywood.

Quiet storm
10-30-2006, 09:06 PM
They said that they are leaning towards starting Etan Thomas over Haywood.

thats dumb

Conviction Music
10-30-2006, 09:12 PM
thats dumb
word, cuz i drafted heywood

Quiet storm
10-30-2006, 09:17 PM
word, cuz i drafted heywood

now that was dumb

Conviction Music
10-30-2006, 09:20 PM
now that was dumb

Are you in the league? if so i'll make sure to thrash your squad

jeyjey34
10-30-2006, 10:26 PM
All of yall scrubs are going down!

My team name says it all..."WIN OR GO HOME" !! :cool:

Conviction Music
10-30-2006, 10:30 PM
All of yall scrubs are going down!

My team name says it all..."WIN OR GO HOME" !! :cool:

I know i checked everybody out. Im Team Go Get EM, and imma GO GET EM!!!!!!!!!!!! son. LBJ-who stoppin my squad foreal?

Quiet storm
10-30-2006, 10:42 PM
Are you in the league? if so i'll make sure to thrash your squad

naw I didnt have time to be in it this year

Conviction Music
10-30-2006, 10:55 PM
naw I didnt have time to be in it this year

scurrrrrrrrrrrrrred

Jito el Cubano
10-30-2006, 10:57 PM
true. but so will Arenas. All that running in a tent in his crib is going to get to his body. lol.

LOL that was funny...

Quiet storm
10-30-2006, 10:58 PM
scurrrrrrrrrrrrrred

naw it just would be to easy judging by the facts cats on there dont know bball:). You got cats claiming Kobe is the games best player. :rolleyes: I need a challange.

Conviction Music
10-30-2006, 11:06 PM
naw it just would be to easy judging by the facts cats on there dont know bball:). You got cats claiming Kobe is the games best player. :rolleyes: I need a challange.

What? Son I turn down 2 basketball scholarships son.....I was too busy chasin girls.....i know....dumb right :mad:

Kool-Aid Man
10-31-2006, 01:36 AM
You got cats claiming Kobe is the games best player.

Name one player better out their now. And not Bron or Wade cuz Kobe can play consistent D.

Quiet storm
10-31-2006, 11:45 AM
Name one player better out their now. And not Bron or Wade cuz Kobe can play consistent D.

Kobe can play consistent? So then what happend in the Suns series last year? Wade showed everybody the bizness last year I let the results speak for themselves. You must have missed last years playoffs so I will take that in consideration.

Quiet storm
10-31-2006, 11:45 AM
The Knicks relased Jalen Rose somebody better pick him up he can still play.

dogfight!
10-31-2006, 11:50 AM

can he play the 2? If he can the Wiz should pick him up, they need some help at that position.:D

Quiet storm
10-31-2006, 11:52 AM
can he play the 2? If he can the Wiz should pick him up, they need some help at that position.:D

I think yall should pick him up cause he is better suited for the 3 so when Tracy gets hurt (we all know he will) he wil have a replacement.

fresh_disciple
10-31-2006, 11:59 AM
yoo you guys watch out for my toronto raptors in the east, watch they'll surprise some teams...they got a deep team now, good moves in the offseasons...sick lineup...7-1 in preseason...:cool:
1.Tj Ford
2. Anothony Parker
3.Morris Peterson
4. Chris Bosh...:cool:
5. Rasho Nestervic
and got fred jones coming off the bench, (6th man of the year) with other good talent on the bench, real deep..Bryan Colangelo is the smartest gm out there

finally someone to get excited about here in toronto, since the carter days

Quiet storm
10-31-2006, 12:00 PM
yoo you guys watch out for my toronto raptors in the east, watch they'll surprise some teams...they got a deep team now, good moves in the offseasons...sick lineup...7-1 in preseason...:cool:
1.Tj Ford
2. Anothony Parker
3.Morris Peterson
5. Rasho Nestervic
and got fred jones coming off the bench, (6th man of the year) with other good talent on the bench, real deep..Bryan Colangelo is the smartest gm out there

finally someone to get excited about here in toronto, since the carter days

How is that rookie first pick looking?

dogfight!
10-31-2006, 12:06 PM
I think yall should pick him up cause he is better suited for the 3 so when Tracy gets hurt (we all know he will) he wil have a replacement.
Nah, if it does happen we got Bonzai, Snyder, and Battier that can play in that spot.

Redeemed
10-31-2006, 12:08 PM

Their 1st pick is a poor man's Dirk Nowitzki w/o the unearthly consistency on his jumper. The T-dot is deep enough to bring him along slowly, but expect him to play the 3. As I understand it his a face the basket kind of talent. His stats will be modest the 1st 2 years...and then he'll make noise.

The aquisition of TJ Ford makes their team a difficult match up.

They still won't make the playoffs this year, but their headed in the right direction.

Redeemed
10-31-2006, 12:09 PM

Good pick up for the Lakers.

fresh_disciple
10-31-2006, 12:09 PM

oh andrea bargnani, ya he got skills...he's good, he'll be good in the second lineup...guy could do a lot of stuff, inside and outside hard to guard..he's gonna be the best rookie in that draft class down the road, just watch..:) ya we got a european invasion here in toronto...so i can't wait to check the game live and see how he does and the rest of the team.

Quiet storm
10-31-2006, 12:12 PM
he's gonna be the best rookie in that draft class down the road, just watch..:)

I highly doubt that with my man Rudy Gay in the mix but I havent really seen bargnani play so I cant say.

CHRISTion
10-31-2006, 12:13 PM
1.Tj Ford
2. Anothony Parker
3.Morris Peterson
5. Rasho Nestervic

finally someone to get excited about here in toronto, since the carter daysROFL...who is Anthony Parker? and MO Peterson? and Rasho? Your'e seriously excited about these guys? Those 3 will combine for 20 pts a night if you're lucky. TJ is a good pg, but he's not gonna get you 15 & 10 either...Chris bosh is certified stud and Fred Jones is a good 6th man...BUT...I got bad news for ya bro...

Toronto will have 30 wins. No more.

dogfight!
oh andrea bargnani, ya he got skills...he's good, he'll be good in the second lineup...guy could do a lot of stuff, inside and outside hard to guard..he's gonna be the best rookie in that draft class down the road, just watch..:) ya we got a european invasion here in toronto...so i can't wait to check the game live and see how he does and the rest of the team.
:eek: What the...? It must be way too cold up there. lol. Brandon Roy, Randy Foye, Novak, Reddick, Tyrus Thomas, marcus williams, etc ???

Quiet storm

True they could use another scorer when Kobe goes to the bench.

fresh_disciple
Their 1st pick is a poor man's Dirk Nowitzki w/o the unearthly consistency on his jumper. The T-dot is deep enough to bring him along slowly, but expect him to play the 3. As I understand it his a face the basket kind of talent. His stats will be modest the 1st 2 years...and then he'll make noise.

The aquisition of TJ Ford makes their team a difficult match up.

They still won't make the playoffs this year, but their headed in the right direction.

i dont know, i predict 7 or 8th spot..:cool:

CHRISTion
10-31-2006, 12:14 PM
I agree...but he's expensive. but having him run the pg position for them would be dope and it will give them a big, strong, and long guy on the defensive end to help out KB24

CHRISTion
10-31-2006, 12:15 PM
:eek: What the...? It must be way too cold up there. lol. Brandon Roy, Randy Foye, Novak, Reddick, Tyrus Thomas, marcus williams, etc ???
LOL-I KNOW I didn't see you mention Reddick and Marcus Williams...and STEVE NOVAK? ROFL...that dude will get like 10 min a game unless T-Mac or Battier goes down.

Now Roy, Foye and Thomas? :cool:

Quiet storm
10-31-2006, 12:15 PM
ROFL...who is Anthony Parker? and MO Peterson? and Rasho? Your'e seriously excited about these guys? Those 3 will combine for 20 pts a night if you're lucky. TJ is a good pg, but he's not gonna get you 15 & 10 either...Chris bosh is certified stud and Fred Jones is a good 6th man...BUT...I got bad news for ya bro...

Mo Peterson is actually kind of nice I watched him play a few games last year and he impressed me. He averaged about 17 last year.

dogfight!
10-31-2006, 12:18 PM
LOL-I KNOW I didn't see you mention Reddick and Marcus Williams...and STEVE NOVAK? ROFL...that dude will get like 10 min a game unless T-Mac or Battier goes down.

lol. Dude! I thought you had good basketball knowledge. Novak is a 4, TMac can't play the 4. Dude's automatic from the 3 point line and it'll be perfect for when Yao is double teamed. Dude hits better from 3 than a lot of NBA cats hit free throws.

Marcus Williams IS THE BEST POINT from the draft. JKidd is getting older so Williams should be their future starter and current back-up.

fresh_disciple
10-31-2006, 12:18 PM
ROFL...who is Anthony Parker? and MO Peterson? and Rasho? Your'e seriously excited about these guys? Those 3 will combine for 20 pts a night if you're lucky. TJ is a good pg, but he's not gonna get you 15 & 10 either...Chris bosh is certified stud and Fred Jones is a good 6th man...BUT...I got bad news for ya bro...

nawww more then 30 wins for sure...and the lineup they got now, they don't need anymore superstars, they got bosh and they surrounded him with good core players that will back him up, and if the starting aint putting out they got a deep enough bench, that will pick up the slack..they got big men and perimeter, good start so far...

Redeemed
10-31-2006, 12:22 PM
I agree...but he's expensive. but having him run the pg position for them would be dope and it will give them a big, strong, and long guy on the defensive end to help out KB24

He got waived and his contract was bought out by the Knicks...so he's can be acquired for the vets minimum.

Redeemed
10-31-2006, 12:24 PM

Novak has ridiculous range on his automatic jumper. With a post up threat in Yao & the multiple off the dribble creators on the team...Novak's going to look really really good this year.

CHRISTion
10-31-2006, 12:25 PM
lol. Dude! I thought you had good basketball knowledge. Novak is a 4, TMac can't play the 4. Dude's automatic from the 3 point line and it'll be perfect for when Yao is double teamed. Dude hits better from 3 than a lot of NBA cats hit free throws.

Marcus Williams IS THE BEST POINT from the draft. JKidd is getting older so Williams should be their future starter and current back-up.
dogfight, don't challenge my basketball knowledge. Novak is a SHOOTER, so regardless of what "position" he plays, he doesn't bang under the basket, and still, he won't get any pt. Sorry if it burns slow, but drink some water afterwards, you'll be aight.

And Marcus Williams is HURT and playing behind the BEST PG in the L!! Which means, no playing time for him.

dogfight!
Novak has ridiculous range on his automatic jumper. With a post up threat in Yao & the multiple off the dribble creators on the team...Novak's going to look really really good this year.
:D

fresh_disciple

well weather is alright here now, doesn't get to me too much and doesn't affect my basketball viewing...lol.:) ya roy and williams will be big standouts for sure..but bargnani will turn out good, he knew how to play in europe at a young age and get decent numbers and will translate here in the league after a few seasons, i see him being a quicker dirk down the line..good upside

CHRISTion
10-31-2006, 12:28 PM
Mo Peterson is actually kind of nice I watched him play a few games last year and he impressed me. He averaged about 17 last year.
you're right, he did avg almost 17 a game last year (SHOCKER) but I am not impressed with a guy who puts up big numbers on a wack team. Anybody can do that... let him start to be a winner and then we'll talk.

Quiet storm
10-31-2006, 12:29 PM
you're right, he did avg almost 17 a game last year (SHOCKER) but I am not impressed with a guy who puts up big numbers on a wack team. Anybody can do that... let him start to be a winner and then we'll talk.

So then why are you impressed with Kobe? rotfl:D

dogfight!
10-31-2006, 12:32 PM
dogfight, don't challenge my basketball knowledge. Novak is a SHOOTER, so regardless of what "position" he plays, he doesn't bang under the basket, and still, he won't get any pt. Sorry if it burns slow, but drink some water afterwards, you'll be aight.

And Marcus Williams is HURT and playing behind the BEST PG in the L!! Which means, no playing time for him.
THE BEST PG IN THE LEAGUE?????? ROFLOL. Straight comedy. Either way the comment was about the future of the players not just their perfomance this year, check it...

he's gonna be the best rookie in that draft class down the road, just watch..

down the road. Everybody knows JKidd only has a couple of good seasons left in his knees. max!

And for Novak, he doesnt need someone who bangs under the basket. You might have heard of some dude called Dirk. He doesnt bang either but i'm sure even you can agree that he is argauably a top 10 player in the league.

Quiet storm
10-31-2006, 12:35 PM

Oh my goodness so you mean to tell me Kidd is better than Nash........Chris your on timeout go sit in the corner.

eternal
10-31-2006, 12:44 PM
Golden State, number one with a bullet.

12 year play off drought is OVER!

Warriors > Wizards > Kings

Conviction Music
10-31-2006, 12:45 PM
Golden State, number one with a bullet.

12 year play off drought is OVER!

Warriors > Wizards > Kings

ha

CHRISTion
10-31-2006, 01:07 PM
Oh my goodness so you mean to tell me Kidd is better than Nash........Chris your on timeout go sit in the corner.
Ok, my bad...I meant one of the top 3 pg's in the league, there are you happy? And I don't know why you would think taking Kidd over Nash is such a ridiculous statement. Kidd is stronger, wiser, and surrounded with less talent has done just about the same as Steve nash....don't get me wrong, I think Steve Nash is no doubt a good pg, but he plays NO and I mean NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DEFENSE, he has a hurt back, & last I checked HE never got his team to the finals (unlike JKIDD who did it twice)...

Quiet storm
10-31-2006, 01:13 PM
Ok, my bad...I meant one of the top 3 pg's in the league, there are you happy? And I don't know why you would think taking Kidd over Nash is such a ridiculous statement. Kidd is stronger, wiser, and surrounded with less talent has done just about the same as Steve nash....don't get me wrong, I think Steve Nash is no doubt a good pg, but he plays NO and I mean NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DEFENSE, he has a hurt back, & last I checked HE never got his team to the finals (unlike JKIDD who did it twice)...

Chris are we talking about the old Kidd or the Kidd of today? The Kidd of the pass 2 seasons has played nowhere near as good as Nash has played. How many MVP votes did Kidd get?

Quiet storm
10-31-2006, 01:18 PM
and surrounded with less talent

Oh less talent like Carter and Jefferson :confused:. Besides Marion who did Nash have when they beat the KOBE led Lakers in last years playoffs?

CHRISTion
10-31-2006, 01:39 PM
Kidd had Carter and Jefferson-that's it.

Nash had a TEAM that worked well together-Diaw turned up to be the most improved player, Raja Bell, Eddie House, Tim Thomas, Barbosa and of course, Mr. Everything, Shawn Marion.

Who else did Kidd have? Jason Collins :confused:

let's look at the best pg's and you tell me where he ranks:

Tony parker, Chauncey billups, Heinrich, Sam Cassell, Jason Williams, Jason Terry, Andre Miller, Mike bibby, Steve Nash, Baron Davis, Chris Paul, Jameer Nelson, Gil Arenas, T.J. Ford, Stephon Marbury, & Steve Francis.

eternal
10-31-2006, 01:47 PM
Steve Nash
Baron Davis (admitted Bias)
Gil Arenas
Sam Cassell
Chauncey billups
Tony parker
Chris Paul
Mike bibby
Stephon Marbury
Steve Francis
Andre Miller

Quiet storm
10-31-2006, 01:49 PM
Kidd had Carter and Jefferson-that's it.

Is there a reason you left off Nenad Krstic? He might not be well known but he is a very solid player who did happen to average more points last year than Kidd. hmmmmm

Nash had a TEAM that worked well together-Diaw turned up to be the most improved player, Raja Bell, Eddie House, Tim Thomas, Barbosa and of course, Mr. Everything, Shawn Marion.

Ok which 3 of those guys are better as a unit than Carter, Jefferson and Krstic?.....yeah ummm thats what I thought.

Who else did Kidd have? Jason Collins :confused:

Ive answered that already.

let's look at the best pg's and you tell me where he ranks:

Fam Kidd is old he is not the same player he once was why do u think they drafted a point gaurd and even invited the former Duke star Jay williams to traning camp.

Redeemed
10-31-2006, 03:01 PM
Kidd has been limited secondary to the microfracture surgery he had like 2 years ago. He's 33 years old, which isn't too old when you take into account that he's completely dependent upon his speed to get by. JKidd's size and strength make him a mismatch against most of the league's PG's. He while he may not be the shooter Nash is, he is still every bit as good if not better than Nash.

The league's top 3 are (alphabetical order):

Billups
Kidd
Nash

Quiet storm
10-31-2006, 03:04 PM
He while he may not be the shooter Nash is, he is still every bit as good if not better than Nash.

Hmmm not according to the stats or the MVP voting or his ability to lead a team to the conference finals. The old Kidd was better than Nash there is no argument there but if I was starting a team and I had to pick between the two give me Nash.

Conviction Music
10-31-2006, 03:08 PM
we are talkin kidd now and nash now

nash>kidd