PDA

View Full Version : 1st Christian Rapper?

suprarapsarian
10-23-2006, 11:27 PM
Just thought i'd throw up a link to a podcast myself and two friends did on Hiphop & Christianity. Mainly dealing with some objections and also hearing a little from Tony Pomales who had a small Christian crew in 78-79 in the Bronx!

http://thereignofchrist.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=211 (http://thereignofchrist.com)

you may have to copy and paste directly into your address bar to get the link to work.

J-Woods(BangTheory)
10-24-2006, 06:02 PM
the first christian rapper was Stephen Wiley, and the first one to do christian rap for a major label and known as the Godfather of gospel hip hop is michael Peace

J-Woods(Bang Theory Music)

suprarapsarian
10-24-2006, 07:03 PM
"the first christian rapper was Stephen Wiley, and the first one to do christian rap for a major label and known as the Godfather of gospel hip hop is michael Peace"

yeah I'm aware of those dudes, even got some video of Peace....commercially, yes.

by the way, i think it's impossible to try to pinpoint the actual first christian rapper. my thread title was just to peek some interests. but my boy Tony here having a crew in 78 is pretty impressive. I don't think Wiley was that early.

J-Woods(BangTheory)
10-24-2006, 08:29 PM
it wasn't to debate you, i was just stating HOly hip hop history, they were 'known" to start the Holy Hip hop movement, not to discredit ya boy tony and his crew they may very well have rapped at that time, i wouldn't know i wasn't alive i was born in 1982, been saved since 5 in 1987, been followin hip hop and gospel hip hop since, however, those two are primarily known as the father and God father of holy hip hop as we know it, some kats aint been saved that long so some don't even know their holy hip hop history, I mean LPG was doin it a while back to in the seventies i believe so whose to say, i was just breakin you off wit a bit of history fam, Grace and Peace

J-Woods(Bang Theory Music)

Psalmist
10-25-2006, 07:48 AM
I didn't know HHH went back that far.....gotta get these joints to brush up on my HHH history!