PDA

View Full Version : firtst a question; second a helpful piece of scriture( i hope)

jeremy lopez
10-23-2006, 01:33 PM
what the name of that track when you go to 32:35 in the theoretically Speaking with dj hazit show. its driving me crazy. i cant stop noding my head to it. :p
anyway, about five six months ago (maybe) someone asked if the bible teaches about people falling after the laying of hands. Does this make sence, i have a hard time explaining things. I guess you can call me Moses.:D
well the bible doesn't teach it but shows it. Here's an example:
john ch. 18:4-6

4. Jesus therefore, knowing all things that would come up to Him, went forward and said to them, "Whom are you seeking."
5. they answered Him, " Jesus of nazareth." Jesus said to them "I am He." And Judas, who betrayed Him, also stood with them.
6. Now when He said to them, "I am He," they drew back and fell to the ground.

as i write this i feel kinda nervous because im not sure how some people react to this. i just entered college so i have to adapt and its way different than high school when you share your beliefs. ok, in verse six it shows after He said His name(in the name of Jesus) they drew back and fell. i hope that helps.

another question, did i post in the right board or does this belong in the theology section?
thanks and God bless :cool:

jeremy lopez
10-23-2006, 01:34 PM
oops, in the tittle i wrote scriture intead of scripture.:D

BlackCalvinist
10-23-2006, 01:58 PM
Where does it say these men, unbelievers, had hands laid on them ?

and how do you deduce 'in the name of Jesus' from 'I AM' (because the greek text doesn't say 'I am He' - 'He' is just added in the english...) ?

Just askin' questions.

jeremy lopez
10-23-2006, 02:10 PM
thanks for the responce black. you gave me some stuff to think about and study. i really need that.:cool:

it doesn't say he put his hands on them( plus it would be wierd if he just went up to soldiers to touch them:D ) but when Jesus said he was whom they were asking for they fell to the ground. if things aren't done in His name you will make no progress. if Jesus never said "I am He" nothing would of happened(maybe). what do you think of this black. im willing to learn, i need to learn. i don't really care i im completely wrong about this, its a good experiance(spelling?) for spiritual growth.:D