PDA

View Full Version : I'm Going to Be an Author

LaRosa
10-23-2006, 12:12 PM
Yeah, Iím going to be an author. Well, considering I write devotions and reviews on my site, I guess you could already consider me an author. Plus, back in 5th grade I had a haiku poem (along wtih a drawing of an eagle) published in a local publication showcasing the writing abilities of local area youth. But this is on a bigger scale than all of that stuff; Iím going to make my first attempt at writing a full length book.

I donít know why itís taken me so long to get to this point, but I finally feel like Iím ready to write and publish my first work. Over at Trailblazin Ministries, Iíve been doing a devotion series focusing on the armor of God and its practical application in our everyday lives. Well, Friday, while I was on lunch and sitting in the drive-thru at Chik-fil-A waiting to order my lunch, the idea came to me to write a book that really goes in-depth into the subject. While writing the devotions, there were so many things that I wanted to say and touch on that I couldnít even begin to hit on in the devotion, for obvious reasons (length). So, Iím going to write a book and really expound on the subject and get this out there for the Body of Christ.

With that being said, God already has His hands all over this. Iíve already found an author (a close friend of mine who did editing work at her previous job) and a place where I can get it published at a minimal cost. So, Iím going to most likely be spending the remainder of this year researching and outlining the book, and then begin the process of writing it in the beginning of 2007, if not sooner. Iím not sure how long itís going to take me to write the book, but itís going to be thorough and bring out a lot of biblical truth in regards to the armor of God and the beginning stages of waging spiritual warfare.

As soon as the book is done, itíll definitely be available for purchase (in paperback or several e-book formats) and all proceeds will go to furthering Trailblazin Ministries and what it is that God has me doing there.

I truly feel that this is of God and Iím excited about it more than Iíve ever been in the past about doing something like this. I also think that once this first book is done, itíll only be the beginning of me authoring and publishing more books. Itís already in the back of my mind to publish both a book of poetry (psalms) and devotions. All in due time, and this is the start.

Keep this endeavor in prayer as I already know that Iím probably going to encounter many attacks while I try to get this out there. In all things, Christ will be glorified. Iíll be sure to give out more information as it becomes available, such as progess updates, excerpts, and press releases.

http://www.urbanwordz.com/larosa/im-going-to-be-an-author/

lj.

saintjoetheservant
10-23-2006, 01:02 PM
dope!!!

continue to let LORD have His way

Psalmist
10-24-2006, 06:19 AM
doper than dope!