PDA

View Full Version : The abomination that causes desolation?

Danielle
10-23-2006, 10:38 AM
I have been studying this out for a minute now, trying to figure out what the abomination that causes desolation is. God had me read one of Daniels visions in Daniel 9 yesterday morning, then that evening God had me read Matthew 24, both passages refer to the abomination that causes desolation, does anyone know specifically what it is?

lisajames96
10-23-2006, 10:42 AM
I don't, but this would be a good self study too.
I guess what I would want to know: Biblically- What is the definition of an "abomination" and what does "desolation" really mean?
Some believe this has already happened in history.

Danielle
10-23-2006, 10:47 AM
I have been studying this topic for a while, then I got frustrated and stoped, but it seemed like God wanted me to come back to this study, maybe because my prayers have been a little bit aimed at restoration of the body, while fully understanding that things are going to have to take place, because it is written and spoken of in the scriptures, so of course thing are only going to get worst, but also praying heavily for a evangilizing spirit upon the children of God. I don't know how all this is related, so I am really seeking to know what is this horrible abomination.

Nahledge
10-23-2006, 11:10 AM
check this out:

http://www.lastdaysmystery.info/the_abomination_that_causes_desolation.htm

The Apostle Paul also describes “the abomination that causes desolation” when he says, “he [Antichrist] sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.” Notice that Paul uses the same expression as Daniel when describing the Antichrist, saying he “will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped.” These similarities certainly refer to the same leader. Compare the two and see for yourself.

Danielle
10-23-2006, 11:22 AM
check this out:

http://www.lastdaysmystery.info/the_abomination_that_causes_desolation.htm

thanks, I am studying this out. btw, how does this cause desolation?

CHRISTion
10-23-2006, 11:22 AM
We just got done reading about that in our church study 2 weeks ago. I don't have my book with me, but when I get it, I can post it. According to the book though, this already happened-it refers to the destruction of Jerusalem that happened in...crap, I forgot the actual dates. I'll hafta get the book

lisajames96
10-23-2006, 11:26 AM
We just got done reading about that in our church study 2 weeks ago. I don't have my book with me, but when I get it, I can post it. According to the book though, this already happened-it refers to the destruction of Jerusalem that happened in...crap, I forgot the actual dates. I'll hafta get the book

70 AD?