PDA

View Full Version : A Quality HHH artist that gets no love

Shock~Therapy
10-21-2006, 11:47 PM
Omega
http://www.corelinkministries.com/index_4.html

- "Journey into the life" was a classic IMO.

Shock~Therapy
10-22-2006, 12:35 AM
What do you mean? If we dont get music sent to us by the artists... how are we supposed to show love?

I wasn't talking about HCR in particular. I was saying that this was a much neglected album.

Psalmist
10-22-2006, 09:39 AM
I wasn't talking about HCR in particular. I was saying that this was a much neglected album.
I feel you....there are a lot of us (myself included)...don't worry though, God is bringing a new wave of HHH.....enough said!

HCR Zealot
10-22-2006, 02:24 PM
What do you mean? If we dont get music sent to us by the artists... how are we supposed to show love?

Ah, I agree with Vic...

I hear this a lot in our genre:

"Oh this kat is slept on..."

"Man... this dude gets no exposure..."

I've talked to a good friend about this, and he said the one thing that plagues our genre is lack of information dissemination (particularly news).

From a radio DJ persepective Vic sees a lot of artists failing to take advantage of resources (I'm not saying this is this particular artist's case)

For example, besides HCR artists have Sphere of Hip Hop (www.sphereofhiphop.com), a website ran by a very competent PR guy who has spoken at important events (i.e. Flavorfest, etc) that they can use to submit news. That's just one example of the many tools that are available for artists to use. What I see is a lack of involvement on the part of a lot of artists.

We've built a solid reputation of breaking new artists. In fact, Vic started Holy Culture Radio with the basic premise of playing guys that most radio stations refused to play.

Let me get off my soapbox...

DJ zilla
10-23-2006, 02:09 AM
Vic -> lol
Zealot -> Yeah thats true... Rapzilla.com is relaunching Nov 2nd and I'll be back at digging hard for news, artists should just send press releases and that will be a lot easier, not only will they get promoted but the Press would love to promote it instead of digging for the news...

Artists will get no love if they dont try to be loved... Promotion is essential, in your neighborhood, on the internet especially, ... it's a must. It's one way to be found and to be heard of and to get love.

Psalmist
10-23-2006, 05:57 AM
naw we're still haterz though, nothing we do is good enough. :cool:
um...no comment...but you were overly sensative in the post...no one was poking jokes at what you'll do...he just said it was a slept on album.

Shock~Therapy
10-23-2006, 06:02 AM
naw we're still haterz though, nothing we do is good enough. :cool:

lol. I never said that. I feel where you all are coming from about proper promotion. The reason I made this thread was not to debate about whether this artist was being properly promoted, but rather I wanted to draw attention to a good (doctrinally sound) HHH artist, which is becoming increasingly harder to find, outside of CMR, Reach, and Lampmode.

Shock~Therapy
10-23-2006, 06:03 AM
um...no comment...but you were overly sensative in the post...no one was poking jokes at what you'll do...he just said it was a slept on album.

I'm glad someone got it. lol :D

mr808
10-23-2006, 08:56 PM
Omega
http://www.corelinkministries.com/index_4.html

- "Journey into the life" was a classic IMO.

Sphere of Hip Hop was on his stuff from the moment it dropped. He was on our very first compilation albums that went on to move several thousand units. No distro, just alot of hand to hand sales.

Here are some others that were then not too widely known and now are:

Sackcloth Fashion
3NP (now known as MG! the Visionary)
John Reuben (pre-Gotee and pre-skinny lol)
Solseekers (1/2 of the group now goes by JustMe, he started Scribbling Idiots)
Shadow of the Locust
Royal Ruckus
YSG-Timothy
Tre-9
Carriers of the Cross
Labaddics (featured Fab da Eclectic and Fiti Futuristic)
Ricky B
TEST (Im pretty sure this cat is still around)
Subculture Deviants (Nathan Smart has done alot of production)
Vocab Malone (his song featured an at that time unknown emcee named Soulheir the Manchild)
Hazakim (we really helped blow up their dope song Liar Lunatic Lord of Legend which had 100s of thousands of downloads on MP3.com and was #1 on the Christian rap charts for months upon months).

Pretty solid first project :D

HCR Zealot
10-23-2006, 09:01 PM
Sphere of Hip Hop was on his stuff from the moment it dropped. He was on our very first compilation albums that went on to move several thousand units. No distro, just alot of hand to hand sales.

Here are some others that were then not too widely known and now are:

Sackcloth Fashion
3NP (now known as MG! the Visionary)
John Reuben (pre-Gotee and pre-skinny lol)
Solseekers (1/2 of the group now goes by JustMe, he started Scribbling Idiots)
Shadow of the Locust
Royal Ruckus
YSG-Timothy
Tre-9
Carriers of the Cross
Labaddics (featured Fab da Eclectic and Fiti Futuristic)
Ricky B
TEST (Im pretty sure this cat is still around)
Subculture Deviants (Nathan Smart has done alot of production)
Vocab Malone (his song featured an at that time unknown emcee named Soulheir the Manchild)
Hazakim (we really helped blow up their dope song Liar Lunatic Lord of Legend which had 100s of thousands of downloads on MP3.com and was #1 on the Christian rap charts for months upon months).

Pretty solid first project :D

Nuff said. Thanks Plas

mr808
10-23-2006, 09:02 PM
Word and thanks. it's fun to look back and see how far God has brought things along.

HCR Zealot
10-23-2006, 09:04 PM
Word and thanks. it's fun to look back and see how far God has brought things along.

I mean this absolutely goes to show that Sphere of Hip Hop, the ministry that goes on there is not only substantial, but it is helping a lot of artists in our genre. What a luxury it is for an artist to have such a resource at their disposal. Thanks for all you guys do over there.

mr808
10-23-2006, 09:06 PM
I mean this absolutely goes to show that Sphere of Hip Hop, the ministry that goes on there is not only substantial, but it is helping a lot of artists in our genre. What a luxury it is for an artist to have such a resource at their disposal. Thanks for all you guys do over there.

Thanks for the encouragement and for advocating the resource to others. We're on the cusp of some cool stuff.