PDA

View Full Version : Tyra Banks gets boomed by Puritan Women

seal
10-20-2006, 03:21 PM
Yo,

My boi hit me up to let me know about this show Tyra Banks had about hate crimes this particular show was on. So last night I just happened to be flipping through the channels and there it was. There were 3 White women, a mother and her two daughters. Man, these women were straight up preaching God's Wrath and repentance in Jesus Christ. They were bold about saying that God hates Homosexuality. Tyra Banks happens to be a promoter of Homosexual Rights. I was blowed by their zeal and my wife was getting crunk as these women silenced the crowd with they upholding of God's Law on National Television. I was like yo, the PURITANS ARE IN THE HOUSE. Tyra Banks was speechless and times and she kept saying that the woman were so angry. However, the mother (who was the most zealous of the three) kept telling Tyra you just don't want to hear the Truth. Tyra was like God loves us all no matter how we are and those ladies nearly jumped on her like uh no, God's Wrath will be poured out on all Homosexuals. I was like preach that Truth sista's. God's Wrath will be poured out on all sin to take that a step further. It was crazy though. Never have I seen such zeal from women in my life.

Check out the link

http://tyrashow.warnerbros.com/show_recaps/show_recap_thu57.html

Grace and Peace,
seal

topherstyles
10-20-2006, 03:33 PM
:eek:

Danielle
10-20-2006, 03:34 PM
wow, does Tyra consider herself a "christian"?

LifeInReturn
10-20-2006, 03:56 PM
Shirley is a mother who taught her 11 children to hate gay people. She thanked God for the attacks of 9/11 and the devastating effects of the tsunami, because she felt they were acts of God intended to eliminate homosexuals. She said God hated gay people, and they were all doomed to hell. As she shared her beliefs she began raising her voice in anger. Tyra asked why she was getting so angry, and Shirley said Tyra was mistaking her zeal for anger.

Is that who you are referring to ?

LENZ_1
10-20-2006, 04:00 PM
Shirley is a mother who taught her 11 children to hate gay people. She thanked God for the attacks of 9/11 and the devastating effects of the tsunami, because she felt they were acts of God intended to eliminate homosexuals. She said God hated gay people, and they were all doomed to hell. As she shared her beliefs she began raising her voice in anger. Tyra asked why she was getting so angry, and Shirley said Tyra was mistaking her zeal for anger.

I peeped that too. I'm feelin your version of what happened, more than theirs.

desertwoman
10-20-2006, 04:00 PM
Whoa.......:eek:

Danielle
10-20-2006, 04:01 PM

I believe that they distorted her comments, to make people hate her stance against homosexuality, and to make her look bad as a Christian. But unless I am wrong, I don't think that she actually taught her kids to hate. The media loves to spin things to start controversy and to make Christians look bad.

LENZ_1
10-20-2006, 04:04 PM
I believe that they distorted her comments, to make people hate her stance against homosexuality, and to make her look bad as a Christian. But unless I am wrong, I don't think that she actually taught her kids to hate. The media loves to spin things to start controversy and to make Christians look bad.

I feel what your saying, but in the same vein, ther are folks out there that are overzealous with there faith.

desertwoman
10-20-2006, 04:06 PM
Yeah. I was in my Mission and Message of Jesus class, and someone said that we should take all homosexuals and tie them to the back of a truck, and drag them for days. :(

lisajames96
10-20-2006, 04:08 PM
Yeah. I was in my Mission and Message of Jesus class, and someone said that we should take all homosexuals and tie them to the back of a truck, and drag them for days. :(

:eek: ...dang...that's rough...but I can't talk, I feel that way about child molesters and rapist sometimes...And I ALWAYS get convicted by the very grace and MERCY that God has on me...

TrueConvert
10-20-2006, 04:09 PM
They should've said that homosexuality is not God's best. That would've made everyone happy.

desertwoman
10-20-2006, 04:13 PM
:eek: ...dang...that's rough...but I can't talk, I feel that way about child molesters and rapist sometimes...And I ALWAYS get convicted by the very grace and MERCY that God has on me...

Word I feel you.

Tony Stone
10-20-2006, 04:16 PM
The summary on her page seems a little bit LEANED to make Tyra look better.

What's so funny is, you don't see Christians going around killing gays or demanding that they be hunted down. How is that a "crime"? When you compare a KKK with a Christian its obvious its only your concience that's bothering you. I had a guy once tell me that "religion is the root of all evil", citing the middle east conflilcts- but how many murders happen in the world in a year? The majority of them happen because of the love of money (robbing and shooting), envy and malice, hatred, revellings, lusts, and other things that are described as- works of the flesh. Man can't dodge the fact that He's in opposition to the God who made him.

But when touching on these subjects like homosexuality- I try not to single it out. All sin, even heterosexual sins God hates. And if you have rejected the only grace by which we can be saved, you are on a track to hell. Cats feel like you're singling out 1 thing or the other. When talking to people, they think you're trying to say that "islam and other religions" are wrong. Hey, you don't go to hell because you're a Muslim. You don't go to hell because you're a Bhudist. In fact, you could call yourself a non-affiliate to any religous form. But when you go to hell, you went to hell because you have sins, as all men do, and if your sins were not pardoned, you cannot enter in. And the only one pardoning sins is Jesus by grace through faith. So no, you're not going to hell simply "because you're gay". No, you're not going to hell simply "because you're muslim". You could be a strait athiest and you're going to the same place as a bisexual bhudist. You have sins, sir. You have sins, ma'm. And you cannot wash them away by any means except through faith in Jesus Christ. That happens to make you a Christian who abandons the works of the flesh- quite the contrary to a Muslim. quite the contrary to a gay. quite the contrary to an athiest.

Ahhh. Thanks for the heads up seal

eternal
10-20-2006, 04:17 PM
Is that the woman from godhatesfags.com? I think it is from the picture. They are horrible people, really. They protest at soldiers funerals, and blame their deaths on homosexuals, and they were planning on protesting the funerals of the Amish girls who had died a couple weeks back for the same reason. These people are on TV all the time, and they are psychos, and are full of venom and hate.

If in fact these are the same people, NONE of us should be supporting them.

4Sight Sounds
10-20-2006, 04:27 PM
Is that the woman from godhatesfags.com? I think it is from the picture. They are horrible people, really. They protest at soldiers funerals, and blame their deaths on homosexuals, and they were planning on protesting the funerals of the Amish girls who had died a couple weeks back for the same reason. These people are on TV all the time, and they are psychos, and are full of venom and hate.

...agreed....

If they would've come and disrupted the funerals for the Amish (about 45 mins from me), I might've had to go to jail......

seal
10-20-2006, 04:39 PM

Yo,

I do admit that they are a little wacky true. But I'm a Puritan myself so I definitely understand where they are coming from since I am a Theonomist as well. As for the protest of soldiers funerals and them blaming homosexuals for deaths in this country, to each his own. I believe that God is going to have Judgement on America and all these Blasphemous sins will be brought up as the reason. However, Judgement starts in the House of the Lord and I believe that the Faulty Evangelicals are the main problem and reason for God's Future Judgement.

So yeah Eternal I understand your beef with them, however these people don't sugarcoat the Truth and I can't get mad at them for preaching God's Law against sinners who try and justify it. All of the OT Prophets did the samething, so did Paul, Peter, and Jesus (<---- You see what happened to Christ). Therefore can we really blame them for saying God Hates Fags? Well God does Hate Fags, Liers, Fornicators, and etc. I don't believe in these Metaphysicalites that God seperates the Sin from the sinner. If that is the case then no one is guilty of sin because sin is some immaterial thing floating around everyone. Just think about it.

Grace and Peace,
seal

eternal
10-20-2006, 04:44 PM
It is always interesting to me how homosexuality is the sin that always seems to garner our indignation. Why don't we spit as much venom towards the greedy? I mean, greed is far more prevelant in today's world than is homosexuality...and pretty much runs society to boot.

Christian hypocricy, IMO.

seal
10-20-2006, 04:47 PM
It is always interesting to me how homosexuality is the sin that always seems to garner our indignation. Why don't we spit as much venom towards the greedy? I mean, greed is far more prevelant in today's world than is homosexuality...and pretty much runs society to boot.

Yo,

Well brother down here in Tampa we try to bang every thing equally and in depth. Trust me we are all on greed and the Churches that teach people to Covet after the things of the World. God has called everyone to their own sects if you ask me. We try to be as well rounded as possible.

Grace and Peace,
seal

montenell
10-20-2006, 04:48 PM
its one thing to point out evil. but its another to point evil out and still show Godly character

eternal
10-20-2006, 04:55 PM
Yo,

Well brother down here in Tampa we try to bang every thing equally and in depth. Trust me we are all on greed and the Churches that teach people to Covet after the things of the World. God has called everyone to their own sects if you ask me. We try to be as well rounded as possible.

Grace and Peace,
seal

Good. On a side note, I don't think the WOF churches are the worst offendors on this. Rather the Conservative Right who supports day in and day out the unjust policies of the Republican Party. Their upholding of a systemic alleigance to greed far outweighs the gross negligence of the WOF.

Tha God In Me
10-20-2006, 04:57 PM
Saw the show while wifey was watchin' and honestly there biblical stance on homosexuality I co-sign and there demeanor (on the show) was a respectful, zeal one but they were teaching there kids to hate and got them out picketing with signs that say "God hates FAGGOTS!". Now thats putting the 10 on Gods word. They should do what they do minus the spew of hate and childish name calling, Gods word is sufficient. I was embarressed by the over the top hate that they campaign along with Gods word.

ZestD
10-20-2006, 05:01 PM
I've heard of them before and read about their exploits. Unfortunately this type of junk only further polarizes people sometimes for but mostly away from their agenda. Only gives secular and undecided people more ammo to distrust, dislike and disregard these 'christians' and ultimately Christ.

Enlighten
10-20-2006, 05:01 PM
Saw the show while wifey was watchin' and honestly there biblical stance on homosexuality I co-sign and there demeanor (on the show) was a respectful, zeal one but they were teaching there kids to hate and got them out picketing with signs that say "God hates FAGGOTS!". Now thats putting the 10 on Gods word. They should do what they do minus the spew of hate and childish name calling, Gods word is sufficient. I was embarressed by the over the top hate that they campaign along with Gods word.

I agree with that God still calls us to walk in Love and save souls and seeing "God Hate FAGGOTS" is a something that WONt make them open to turn to God. Truth Be Told I feel we as Christian do STUPID things in Defend the faith where just look childish and instead of Bold.

Peace

3SpiritsEM
10-20-2006, 05:02 PM

Do the greedy be marching down main street saying greedy rights, greedy rights
Do the greedy want to teach our kids that greedy is equal to not greedy
Do you see the greedy promoted on TV 24-7. Well that my be so
Even when greedy politician want our votes they at lest pretend righteous

simplyG
10-20-2006, 05:06 PM
Point is:
You can not be in a position of getting your money from public adoration and come out against homosexuality. Orpah--sorry, OPRAH, Tyra, and countless others can not profit from maintaining a Christian hardline on homosexuality.

eternal
10-20-2006, 05:13 PM
Do the greedy be marching down main street saying greedy rights, greedy rights
Do the greedy want to teach our kids that greedy is equal to not greedy
Do you see the greedy promoted on TV 24-7. Well that my be so
Even when greedy politician want our votes they at lest pretend righteous

Yes, Greed PERMEATES everything in our society. It is built into our laws, it is on our TV's undermining the training of our children, it is in our history books, everything. It is severely naive to think otherwise, IMO.

savedbygracealone
10-20-2006, 05:18 PM

people, this lady is named SHIRLEY PHELPS-ROPER(spelling?) and they are from the Westboro "Baptist" Church, and their website is GODHATESFAGS.COM where they proceed to make signs like "THANK GOD FOR 9/11" and "GOD HATES FAGS" among other things... they PROTEST at funnerals... people. c'mon. :( i absolutely CANNOT believe you all are supporting this lady... :( man this REALLY grieves my spirit. :( where is the dicernment?

illuminaticx
10-20-2006, 05:22 PM
She asked for it bringing her and her daughters on the set.

J =]

simplyG
10-20-2006, 05:22 PM
Not with the women per se, but their stance on homosexuality--and the continuation of famous people to tap dance and sidestep that issue.

savedbygracealone
10-20-2006, 05:29 PM
http://www.wayofthemasterradio.com/podcast/index.php?s=shirley+phelps

listen to this show if you have never heard this lady speak before, if it comes up at a later date, just search for "shirley phelps" and the show will pop up. it is the June 17, 2006 show.

:( :( :( :(

savedbygracealone
10-20-2006, 05:30 PM
oh ya, and "thank God for IED's" (improvised explosive devices... the things that kill the most american soldiers in iraq.)

:( :( :(

i think i may be too emotional on this thread, but i am SO UPSET that anyone would support these people :( :(

jnorman888
10-20-2006, 05:33 PM
Yeah I'm with saved on this one Folks.

I like the Ahmish and they were gonna protest at their funneral man.

Something is wrong with that.

simplyG
10-20-2006, 05:38 PM
http://www.wayofthemasterradio.com/podcast/index.php?s=shirley+phelps

listen to this show if you have never heard this lady speak before, if it comes up at a later date, just search for "shirley phelps" and the show will pop up. it is the June 17, 2006 show.

:( :( :( :(

Listening now...

Tony Stone
10-20-2006, 05:39 PM
lol.. She called the southern baptists unclean dogs. Then called Billy Grahm a false prophet lol.

savedbygracealone
10-20-2006, 05:41 PM
tolja.

simplyG
10-20-2006, 05:45 PM
...at the Billy Graham part, now...

3SpiritsEM
10-20-2006, 05:58 PM
Yes, Greed PERMEATES everything in our society. It is built into our laws, it is on our TV's undermining the training of our children, it is in our history books, everything. It is severely naive to think otherwise, IMO.

Bro, you didn't answer my question. i ask you to show me where a group of people calling themselves the greedy was asking for GREEDY RIGHTS, saying that greedy in normal and equal to being not greedy, and having a greedy pride day and parade. WHERE DO YOU SEE GREEDY PEOPLE SAYING ALL GREEDY PEOPLE COME OUT THE CLOSET BECAUSE GOD MAKE US THIS WAY.

KFB
10-20-2006, 06:00 PM
Interesting that folks would support a cult, becuase that's exactly what westboro baptist is. we gotta be careful siding with folks just becuase they speak some truth.

KFB
10-20-2006, 06:02 PM
Bro, you didn't answer my question. i ask you to show me where a group of people calling themselves the greedy was asking for GREEDY RIGHTS, saying that greedy in normal and equal to being not greedy, and having a greedy pride day and parade. WHERE DO YOU SEE GREEDY PEOPLE SAYING ALL GREEDY PEOPLE COME OUT THE CLOSET BECAUSE GOD MAKE US THIS WAY.

you can't be serious bro? you know darn well that greed is AS big a problem in our country as any other sin. Greed is just more accepted than homosexuality, therefore no need for the marches, ect.

eternal
10-20-2006, 06:11 PM
you can't be serious bro? you know darn well that greed is AS big a problem in our country as any other sin. Greed is just more accepted than homosexuality, therefore no need for the marches, ect.

We don't call them "marches," rather "campaigns." The powerful are much more sophisticated, and thus their actions are often cloaked as being in OUR interests.

It appears to me it is being argued that since the Greedy use more deciet than the homosexual, they are somehow less of a threat?

KFB
10-20-2006, 06:15 PM
So yeah Eternal I understand your beef with them, however these people don't sugarcoat the Truth and I can't get mad at them for preaching God's Law against sinners who try and justify it. All of the OT Prophets did the samething, so did Paul, Peter, and Jesus (<---- You see what happened to Christ). Therefore can we really blame them for saying God Hates Fags? Well God does Hate Fags, Liers, Fornicators, and etc.

Is this the truth in love?:rolleyes:

3SpiritsEM
10-20-2006, 06:18 PM

So you believe that gay pride parades are okay because greed is a bigger problem and more accepted in our country.

KFB
10-20-2006, 06:29 PM
So you believe that gay pride parades are okay because greed is a bigger problem and more accepted in our country.

Nope I believe theyre just as wrong as are unfair trade practices and lack of debt relief.

eternal
10-20-2006, 06:32 PM
Nope I believe theyre just as wrong as are unfair trade practices and lack of debt relief.

Exactly. Yet the single minded outrage coming from the Christian community is surely a witness crying out against us.

Our bigotry is as loud as the sin we are decrying. Our focus on this sin, yet ignoring those we uphold and support institutionaly is certainly an act we will and are being judged for.

Ehh..we'll just blame it on the gays I guess.

Brian
10-20-2006, 06:45 PM
Is this the chick that Sean Hannity called a religious zealot?

apokalum
10-20-2006, 06:55 PM
What the Phelps do would've been normal in the Ancient Near East. I dont see A LOT wrong with it biblically besides lacking discernment of the times and a few other things...

People confuse 'loving' with 'coddling affection'. Biblically the two do not equate.

ZestD
10-20-2006, 06:58 PM
What the Phelps do would've been normal in the Ancient Near East. I dont see A LOT wrong with it biblically besides lacking discernment of the times and a few other things...

People confuse 'loving' with 'coddling affection'. Biblically the two do not equate.

You are correct that 'loving' and 'coddling affection' are not the same.

But alas, she (and followers) aren't even 'civil,' let alone loving. They are more on the path of absolute hatred and bigotry. There is a difference, and what they do isn't even close to Christ-like.

KFB
10-20-2006, 07:02 PM
You are correct that 'loving' and 'coddling affection' are not the same.

But alas, she (and followers) aren't even 'civil,' let alone loving. They are more on the path of absolute hatred and bigotry. There is a difference, and what they do isn't even close to Christ-like.

exactly, noboby is codoning homosexuality, but the use of slurs is the first sign that no love is present.

KFB
10-20-2006, 07:03 PM

hmmm, celebrating AT soldiers funerals and you see nothing wrong with it?

simplyG
10-20-2006, 08:30 PM
Is this the chick that Sean Hannity called a religious zealot?

Now that's ironic; Hannity calling someone a zealot! I actually see an obelisk when he gets on a platform.

seal
10-20-2006, 09:14 PM
Yo,

Where is all this hatred coming from? Why are there people upset with God's Law? I'm not really following the opinions and outright slander that God's Law is not Just. I mean is God's Law Beautiful and Holy and the Standard? For some people to be soooo mad at this woman and her Church I'm a bit fickled about who you are really mad at. You're not really mad at her or what her Church does. Let me tell you who you are mad at.

That would be Paul....

26For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.
28And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. 29They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, 30slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32Though they know God's decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.

So are you guys still fans of Paul now b/c Paul supports everything these guys are saying. How can you argue with that? Does God's Law say what it says?

Who can incriminate this Church for what they believe when it is clearly backed up by Scripture? Remember Christ didn't come and destroy the Law and Paul says that the Law is to be used to judge things Righteously in 1 Timothy 1.

.................................................. .................................................. ...
From the Website www.Godhatesfags.com

SODOMY IS AN ABOMINABLE SIN, WORTHY OF DEATH.
"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." Leviticus 20:13. "Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them." Romans 1:32.
See also Leviticus 18:22, Genesis 19, Romans 1:18-32, I Corinthians 6:9-11, I Timothy 1:10, and Jude 7.
GOD HATES ALL WORKERS OF INIQUITY.
"The foolish shall not stand in thy sight, thou hatest all workers of iniquity." Psalm 5:5.
See also Leviticus 20:23, Leviticus 26:30, Deuteronomy 32:19, Psalm 5:6, Psalm 11:5, Malachi 1:3, Matthew 7:23, and Romans 9:13.
JESUS CHRIST DIED ONLY FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16.
See also John 13:1, John 17:9, Ephesians 5:25, etc.
ONLY GOD'S ELECT HAVE THE CAPABILITY TO BELIEVE.
"Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again, He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them." John 12:39,40.
See also John 10:11,26, Matthew 11:25,26, Acts 13:48, Romans 9:19-24, etc.
SODOMITES ARE PROUD OF THEIR SIN ("GAY PRIDE"), AND IN THAT PRIDEFUL STATE THEY CANNOT REPENT - YOU CANNOT REPENT OF SOMETHING YOU'RE PROUD OF.
"Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush: therefore they shall fall among them that fall: at the time that I visit them they shall be cast down, saith the LORD." Jeremiah 6:15.
See also Jeremiah 13:23, Romans 1:24-32, Ezekiel 16:49-50, etc.
THE SODOMITES' ONLY HOPE IS TO HAVE THE UNAMBIGUOUS TRUTH PREACHED TO THEM, AND PERHAPS GOD WILL SOFTEN THEIR HEARTS AND GRANT THEM REPENTANCE TO DEPART FROM THEIR SIN AND NAME THE NAME OF CHRIST. NOT VERY LIKELY, THOUGH, SINCE GOD HAS GIVEN THEM UP.
"Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity." II Timothy 2:19. "Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness...unto vile affections...to a reprobate mind." Romans 1:24-28.
See also II Timothy 2:24-26, Psalm 5:5, I Corinthians 6:9-11, Acts 17:30, Jude 22,23, etc.
THERE IS A HELL WHERE ALL IMPENITENT SINNERS WILL RESIDE FOR ALL ETERNITY. THAT INCLUDES SODOMITES (CALLED "DOGS").
"And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcasses of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh." Isaiah 66:24. "For without are dogs..." Revelation 22:15.
See also Mark 9:44, Luke 16:23, Revelation 20:15.

KFB
10-20-2006, 09:42 PM
This is sad. Where is anybod upset about God's law? I haven't read anybody on these boards say that homosexuality is not a sin, or not an abomination. My problem, along with others, is the use of childish slurs and lack of love in communicating the message. Also this is a church that goes rejoiced in the death caused by 9/11, Katrina, the tsunami in south asia, and the amish school shootings. They're also racist, but I guess as long as they hate fags, they're cool.

KFB
10-20-2006, 10:00 PM
Phelps claims to be an old school Baptist, which includes embracing John Calvin's doctrine of absolute predestination. This means that "God" has elected certain people for salvation before birth. However, he takes it further so as to say that almost nobody is a member of the elect, and furthermore that he and the members of his congregation (mostly his family) are the only members of the elect, because they are the only ones not afraid to publish the current relevant application of the word of God (that "God hates fags").

During 199394 interviews with the Topeka Capital-Journal, the four Phelps children (out of thirteen) who had left the church asserted that their father's religious beliefs were either nonexistent to begin with or have dwindled down to nearly nothing. They insist that Westboro actually serves to enable a paraphilia of Phelps, wherein he is literally addicted to hatred (this statement would serve as the inspiration for the title of the book about Phelps' life). Two of his sons, Mark and Nate, insist that the church is actually a carefully planned cult that allows Phelps to see himself as a demigod, wielding absolute control over the lives of his family and congregants, essentially turning them into slaves that he can use for the sole purpose of gratifying his every whim and acting as the structure for his delusion that he is the only righteous man on Earth.[14] In 1995, Mark Phelps wrote a letter to the people of Topeka to this effect; it was run in the Topeka Capital-Journal.[15] The children's claim is partially backed up by B.H. McAllister, the Baptist minister who ordained Phelps. McAllister said in a 1993 interview that Phelps developed a delusion wherein he was one of the few people on Earth worthy of God's grace and that everyone else in the world was going to Hell, and that salvation or damnation could be directly obtained by either aligning with or opposing Phelps. As of 2006, Phelps maintains this belief.[14] Phelps and his family picket somewhere every day. They picket about 15 churches every Sunday.[16] taken from wikipedia

Gloria
10-20-2006, 11:24 PM
They should've said that homosexuality is not God's best. That would've made everyone happy.

:p

shekinahsmoke
10-20-2006, 11:42 PM

TC. where Im from, we'd say "u's raw for that" lol

Devin
10-21-2006, 01:10 AM
Yo,

Where is all this hatred coming from? Why are there people upset with God's Law? I'm not really following the opinions and outright slander that God's Law is not Just. I mean is God's Law Beautiful and Holy and the Standard? For some people to be soooo mad at this woman and her Church I'm a bit fickled about who you are really mad at. You're not really mad at her or what her Church does. Let me tell you who you are mad at.

That would be Paul....

26For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.
28And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. 29They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, 30slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32Though they know God's decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.

So are you guys still fans of Paul now b/c Paul supports everything these guys are saying. How can you argue with that? Does God's Law say what it says?

Who can incriminate this Church for what they believe when it is clearly backed up by Scripture? Remember Christ didn't come and destroy the Law and Paul says that the Law is to be used to judge things Righteously in 1 Timothy 1.

.................................................. .................................................. ...

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." Leviticus 20:13. "Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them." Romans 1:32.
See also Leviticus 18:22, Genesis 19, Romans 1:18-32, I Corinthians 6:9-11, I Timothy 1:10, and Jude 7.
"The foolish shall not stand in thy sight, thou hatest all workers of iniquity." Psalm 5:5.
See also Leviticus 20:23, Leviticus 26:30, Deuteronomy 32:19, Psalm 5:6, Psalm 11:5, Malachi 1:3, Matthew 7:23, and Romans 9:13.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16.
"Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again, He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them." John 12:39,40.
SODOMITES ARE PROUD OF THEIR SIN ("GAY PRIDE"), AND IN THAT PRIDEFUL STATE THEY CANNOT REPENT - YOU CANNOT REPENT OF SOMETHING YOU'RE PROUD OF.
"Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush: therefore they shall fall among them that fall: at the time that I visit them they shall be cast down, saith the LORD." Jeremiah 6:15.
THE SODOMITES' ONLY HOPE IS TO HAVE THE UNAMBIGUOUS TRUTH PREACHED TO THEM, AND PERHAPS GOD WILL SOFTEN THEIR HEARTS AND GRANT THEM REPENTANCE TO DEPART FROM THEIR SIN AND NAME THE NAME OF CHRIST. NOT VERY LIKELY, THOUGH, SINCE GOD HAS GIVEN THEM UP.
"Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity." II Timothy 2:19. "Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness...unto vile affections...to a reprobate mind." Romans 1:24-28.
See also II Timothy 2:24-26, Psalm 5:5, I Corinthians 6:9-11, Acts 17:30, Jude 22,23, etc.
THERE IS A HELL WHERE ALL IMPENITENT SINNERS WILL RESIDE FOR ALL ETERNITY. THAT INCLUDES SODOMITES (CALLED "DOGS").
"And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcasses of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh." Isaiah 66:24. "For without are dogs..." Revelation 22:15.

you got your panties in a bunch.....nobody is saying anything about God's Law...the people are reffering to the presentation.....yelling things doesnt mean u have zeal...i could yell God's Word out..that dont mean i got zeal...i could say u is a FAG....that dont mean i got zeal.....

Devin
10-21-2006, 01:11 AM
This is sad. Where is anybod upset about God's law? I haven't read anybody on these boards say that homosexuality is not a sin, or not an abomination. My problem, along with others, is the use of childish slurs and lack of love in communicating the message. Also this is a church that goes rejoiced in the death caused by 9/11, Katrina, the tsunami in south asia, and the amish school shootings. They're also racist, but I guess as long as they hate fags, they're cool.

they are?gimme the link homie....

Devin
10-21-2006, 01:35 AM
Yo,

That would be Paul....

im not nocking their passion...im not nocking the fact that they want the TRUTH out there....i think ppl have a problem with other things...like how do we truly know that 9/11 was wrath?or katrina?maybe it was...maybe it wasnt..but Christians were killed in both events...how u gonna say to a homeless,distressed christain man that he got what he deserved when he was living justly?......all im saying is that u gotta use good judgement and not mistaken "emotionanity" or anger or yelling as Zeal...thats NOT zeal like u may think it is...thats just as dumb as all those church ppl that "think" they can feel the annointing or shouting out for no reason...its all "emotionaity"...no difference...thats all im saying...

apokalum
10-21-2006, 03:25 AM
exactly, noboby is codoning homosexuality, but the use of slurs is the first sign that no love is present.

Jesus didn't use slurs/vitriol/insulting language?

Psalmist
10-21-2006, 07:40 AM
ayo....I aint see the show so I can't comment on the content.

However, I can say that just b/c you advocate for homosexual rights doesn't mean you agree with their behavior! You see, I would gladly advocate for every homosexual right (except for homosexual marraige) b/c homosexuals are still people and should enjoy all the rights straight people do (minus homosexual marraige)! I don't know Tyra's stance nor am I pretending to...so I don't know if she holds the same views as me;however, I do know that we must remember that straight/gay/lesbian/bisexual/other we are all people first and all have God-given rights granted to us just because of our human nature!

eternal
10-21-2006, 08:49 AM
May I ask if anyone who is deffending Phelps, has actually WATCHED or LISTENED to any of her interviews? Or is your only knowledge of them this that they are against homosexuality? Just curious.

shekinahsmoke
10-21-2006, 08:58 AM
yeah Ive heard Ms. Phelps on WOTM. I think she's got self-righteous disease. :( she can be right but not righteous. :(

eternal
10-21-2006, 09:05 AM
yeah Ive heard Ms. Phelps on WOTM. I think she's got self-righteous disease. :( she can be right but not righteous. :(

Think there will be any "God hates the covetous" or "God hates the gluttonous" or "God hates the slanderer" or "God hates the idolator" or "God hates the unjust" or "God hates the lustful" or "God hates the drunkard" campaigns in the near future? Seems that these things hit too close to home for the church. It is much easier for us to pour all of God's indignation towards a certain segment of society that we really don't identify with.

I don't think she is right or righteous. I see hypocricy, bigotry, and hate. She doesn't seem to "love her enemies" at all. She doesn't seem to be "repaying evil with good" at all. She seems to be spewing hate and venom and destruction. Did she treat her children the same way as they were growing up and they had not recieved Christ? I doubt it. Does anyone here plan on treating their own children the same way before they accept Christ? TO continualy tell your baby that God hates them, they are going to burn in hell, and to do it with all the vitriol one could muster? To go on the radio and proclaim it?

Somehow I don't see that happening with many people on this board.

DJ Links
10-21-2006, 09:26 AM
http://img50.photobucket.com/albums/v154/CeeCee73/Smilies/popcorn.gif

shekinahsmoke
10-21-2006, 09:31 AM
I agree w/ u eternal. but (UH OH!:eek:) in the same capacity WE shouldnt repay her evil with evil. pray for her and if we can get to her pour some seeds of understanding love in rebuke AND CORRECTION. James Chapter 3 . James 4:1-10. Ephesians 2:1-10 ? maybe :) I think those scripts could pull the card :)

TheRealPae
10-21-2006, 09:33 AM
is just a shame!! They are baptist, and there are about 100 people in their congregation and 80% of them are all family!!

She was on WOTM Todd Friel interviewed her, and he tamed her there! It was her second appearances on WOTM, she is way off!! Check out the 10/9/06 hr 1 heres the link>>>>
http://www.wayofthemasterradio.com/podcast/page/10/

One, Les

4Sight Sounds
10-21-2006, 09:44 AM
Man....I have to disagree with siding with these people from Westboro Baptist, but I'm open to correction. I've grown to love you guys, but I'm a little surprised by the statements in support of Phelps and Crew. Their so called "ministry" is built upon 1st Peter 3:15 gone bad. God has never called us to antagonize the lost for the sake of so-called evangelism. That is nothing but FLESH.

Could someone show me where Christians in the midst of their evangelism chased down the lost and antagonized them in scripture?

Where is the scripture to support arriving at the funeral of folks in mourning, with picketing signs, shouting and creating a disturbance?

You will find Jesus rebuking the scribes and pharisees because THEY would always show up on the scene antagonzing HIM. HUGE difference between these sub-human, self-righteous, ambulance chasers. Jesus had to set the story straight in the midst of his antagonists.

If these idiots are soooooo passionate about the defense of Christ, why don't they go to the mosques throughout the USA and make some noise there? Because they'll get beat down, that's why. They come accross as zealots...well, seems to me that their just like any other cult with a sliver of truth in word, but not much transformation within the person.

God's method of impacting the world is not through waging war in the physical. It's by removing offense from the opposition by living as Christ did.

1st Cor. 4:1
The entire Book of 1st Peter (not just 1st Peter 3:15)
Matt. 5:38-41

We should be mourning over the press these idiots are getting....no matter what comes out of their mouths, their living witness bares very few characteristics of Christ.

Psalmist
10-21-2006, 10:13 AM
ok minister q

DJ Links
10-21-2006, 10:15 AM
is just a shame!! They are baptist, and there are about 100 people in their congregation and 80% of them are all family!!

She was on WOTM Todd Friel interviewed her, and he tamed her there! It was her second appearances on WOTM, she is way off!! Check out the 10/9/06 hr 1 heres the link>>>>

One, Les

I wonder how many cats that are for Phelps will listen and change their position in support of her. Chick is a trip!!

3SpiritsEM
10-21-2006, 11:42 AM
ayo....I aint see the show so I can't comment on the content.

However, I can say that just b/c you advocate for homosexual rights doesn't mean you agree with their behavior! You see, I would gladly advocate for every homosexual right (except for homosexual marraige) b/c homosexuals are still people and should enjoy all the rights straight people do (minus homosexual marraige)! I don't know Tyra's stance nor am I pretending to...so I don't know if she holds the same views as me;however, I do know that we must remember that straight/gay/lesbian/bisexual/other we are all people first and all have God-given rights granted to us just because of our human nature!

Don't they already have rights as an American, if you see some one walking down the street and some one rob and kill him; it's that a crime, would not the person who did this be charged with robbery and murder.

But what you want is special right based on some ones sexual choice, you want to called it a hate crime if its straight vs. gay but a black on black crime is not, although it’s the same crime.

Ok then, tell me these others rights that you’re for beside marriage.

simplyG
10-21-2006, 11:43 AM
That quote from Joel Osteen in connection to this women:

Now that was beyond funny! Sublime! Apropos!
You get a star on the forehead--nope, not there...on the right hand--nope, not there either...you get a Right On!

Quiet storm
10-21-2006, 11:46 AM

lol thou shall not steal

savedbygracealone
10-21-2006, 02:29 PM

One, Les
people please listen to this. this is the SECOND time its been posted in this thread... please listen.

Elekt
10-21-2006, 04:40 PM
The Tyra Banks video clips

Shirlye Phelps

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8-xgvTnxPI

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ24gX_dtpE

Part 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-in16plR9Jk

Part 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x176aI15Y_0

and also peep out that way of the master radio.

Homegirl's theology is all jacked up....pray for her.

Devin
10-21-2006, 05:19 PM
people please listen to this. this is the SECOND time its been posted in this thread... please listen.

wow!!i see why yall love wotm radio so much...hmmmm...i gotta peep this out on a regular...is there a way it can be transfered to an iTunes file?

J Hoyt
10-21-2006, 05:27 PM
wow!!i see why yall love wotm radio so much...hmmmm...i gotta peep this out on a regular...is there a way it can be transfered to an iTunes file?
The WOTM shows? They're all MP3's.

www.wotmradio.com
click on the 'podcast' button to download the MP3

Devin
10-21-2006, 05:44 PM
The WOTM shows? They're all MP3's.

www.wotmradio.com
click on the 'podcast' button to download the MP3

thanks....man this is some serious stuff here.....

seal
10-21-2006, 06:41 PM
The Tyra Banks video clips

Shirlye Phelps

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8-xgvTnxPI

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ24gX_dtpE

Part 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-in16plR9Jk

Part 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x176aI15Y_0

and also peep out that way of the master radio.

Homegirl's theology is all jacked up....pray for her.

Yo,

Homie thanks for posting those links b/c I didn't get a chance to see the entire show. But after watching that show I am behind Mrs Phelps even more. She was very articulate that she doesn't think that their Church is the only one saved. She was very articulate that God Hates all sin including Pediphilia. She was very amped about giving God's Glory for all things even those things many would think God had nothing to do with.

Therefore, I must say that I would probably be a member of that Church if I were in that area....LOL....

Someone sent me a p.m. and pretty much slandered that church to me. However, during Mrs. Phelps interview I see that their the ones under attack. She said that they had been shot at, bombed, and etc. I don't see any other churches starting that type of ruckus against this wicked nation. So hat's off for those members at the Westboro Baptist Church.

Someone please show me one thing that Mrs. Phelps said wrong or her daughters and I'll recant this whole thread.

She is definitely on page with both the Father and the Son....

Psalm 45:7
You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.

Hail King Jesus,
seal

montenell
10-21-2006, 06:49 PM
its not the message thats wrong, its the way its handled, ok yes God hates fags, we get it we know this, however whats the point in bombarding someone's funeral? check the scrip in my sig, there we are instructed on how to carry our message to unbelievers/sinners

Devin
10-21-2006, 06:53 PM
Yo,

Homie thanks for posting those links b/c I didn't get a chance to see the entire show. But after watching that show I am behind Mrs Phelps even more. She was very articulate that she doesn't think that their Church is the only one saved. She was very articulate that God Hates all sin including Pediphilia. She was very amped about giving God's Glory for all things even those things many would think God had nothing to do with.

Therefore, I must say that I would probably be a member of that Church if I were in that area....LOL....

Someone sent me a p.m. and pretty much slandered that church to me. However, during Mrs. Phelps interview I see that their the ones under attack. She said that they had been shot at, bombed, and etc. I don't see any other churches starting that type of ruckus against this wicked nation. So hat's off for those members at the Westboro Baptist Church.

Someone please show me one thing that Mrs. Phelps said wrong or her daughters and I'll recant this whole thread.

You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.

Hail King Jesus,
seal

because of your lack of attention(lol) u have failed to notice that NO ONE disagrees with the message...its some of the word play involved...oh and did u peep that wotm clip?or are u just gonna assume its slander like u are doing now?

DJ Links
10-21-2006, 07:01 PM
Yo,

Hail King Jesus,
seal

From this response it is obvious that you have not listened to the WOTM broadcast with Phelps on it. Listen to that and then tell us if you would go to her church.

simplyG
10-21-2006, 07:04 PM
Tyra loves homosexuals--there!@ Someone had to say it!

Seriously, I believe that God is making some judgements on America.

DJ Links
10-21-2006, 07:11 PM

Do you believe that Katrina was God's judgement?

Do you believe that 9/11 was God's judgement?

Do you believe that the Sunami was God's judgement?

seal
10-21-2006, 07:15 PM
its not the message thats wrong, its the way its handled, ok yes God hates fags, we get it we know this, however whats the point in bombarding someone's funeral? check the scrip in my sig, there we are instructed on how to carry our message to unbelievers/sinners

Yo,

I have no beef with you on that Scripture, but I do believe that God used them on Television to preach the Wrath of God upon this sinful nation. The way that Mrs. Phelps handled herself was very respectable and she spoke God's Truth clearly. Tyra was speechless and just kept trying to silence her and then her daughters got on her. Now apart from the Tyra Banks show and their other ventures that's up for question. However their representation on the show that their motives can not be questioned.

Grace and Peace,
seal

simplyG
10-21-2006, 07:16 PM
Do you believe that Katrina was God's judgement?

Do you believe that 9/11 was God's judgement?

Do you believe that the Sunami was God's judgement?

If an earthquake hit Frisco or Atlanta, would that be judgement? I think so.
Sin city was washed away; was that judgement? I believe so.

I'm not going to pretend to understand God's ways and judgements, but I do know that the wages of sin is death--we're still paying for Adam's mistake.

seal
10-21-2006, 07:17 PM
because of your lack of attention(lol) u have failed to notice that NO ONE disagrees with the message...its some of the word play involved...oh and did u peep that wotm clip?or are u just gonna assume its slander like u are doing now?

Well if you don't disagree with the message then what is it that you are talking about.

seal
10-21-2006, 07:18 PM

AMEN, gosh finally someone who sees what I'm seeing...

Devin
10-21-2006, 07:20 PM
Well if you don't disagree with the message then what is it that you are talking about.

i disagree with the word "fag" being used....thats a hate word in society...its no different then say "nig**a" or "dyke"....thats what i was disagreeing with......

DJ Links
If an earthquake hit Frisco or Atlanta, would that be judgement? I think so.
Sin city was washed away; was that judgement? I believe so.

I'm not going to pretend to understand God's ways and judgements, but I do know that the wages of sin is death--we're still paying for Adam's mistake.

Show me in scripture where it is judgement.

Devin
and i didnt agree with tyra...

KFB
10-21-2006, 07:22 PM
Yo,

Hail King Jesus,
seal
lol, you're a proud cat. we can agree to disagree than on the folks of westboro baptist. you think it's cool to cause a ruckus by picketing folks funerals and praising the the attacks of 9/11 and natural disasters. i have a hard time thinking that you're serious, lol. you gotta be pulling our legs :rolleyes:

montenell
10-21-2006, 07:22 PM
[QUOTE=seal]Yo,

I have no beef with you on that Scripture, but I do believe that God used them on Television to preach the Wrath of God upon this sinful nation. The way that Mrs. Phelps handled herself was very respectable and she spoke God's Truth clearly. Tyra was speechless and just kept trying to silence her and then her daughters got on her. Now apart from the Tyra Banks show and their other ventures that's up for question. However their representation on the show that their motives can not be questioned.

ok, i'd have to watch the tyra episode to see what you are saying, i know i have seen this lady on other things where she handled it inappropriatly, but alas people seem to go to one extreme or the other, either we want to excuse people's sins, or we want to cast the first stones

DJ Links
10-21-2006, 07:24 PM
I watched it and saw where her theology was messed up in Part 2 around 3:33 saying how people are saved.

Devin
10-21-2006, 07:25 PM
yall some fag enablers....:D

simplyG
10-21-2006, 07:25 PM
Show me in scripture where it is judgement.

Show me in scripture where it is not.
Or, just peep out story after story of God's judgement on the wicked. I mean, there were probably people when it started raining on them yelling, "Noah, how do we know this is judgement?"
Please.

DJ Links
10-21-2006, 07:26 PM
Or, just peep out story after story of God's judgement on the wicked. I mean, there were probably people when it started raining on them yelling, "Noah, how do we know this is judgement?"
Please.

Welcome to the spin zone.

Can you answer the question?

Devin
10-21-2006, 07:30 PM
the main problem is that shes incorporatinh worldly language(fag came from the world...ask Eminem)and acting as if it works with ministry...and it doesnt...the bible refers to gays as Sodomites....or homosexuals...therefore we should use those terms only....and yes the Gospel is Offensive...but that should be the ONLY thing offensive...not your mouth....

seal
10-21-2006, 07:30 PM
i disagree with the word "fag" being used....thats a hate word in society...its no different then say "nig**a" or "dyke"....thats what i was disagreeing with......

Yo,

The word "Fag" has nothing to do with the word nig**a, but definitely with dyke. The word nig**a is used as slang or deragotory toward a bunch. However Fag and dyke are used toward one specific group of people's sexual orientation. Fag isn't a hate word and Homosexuals aren't a people group homie.

Grace and Peace,
seal

Devin
10-21-2006, 07:31 PM
Yo,

The word "Fag" has nothing to do with the word nig**a, but definitely with dyke. The word nig**a is used as slang or deragotory toward a bunch. However Fag and dyke are used toward one specific group of people's sexual orientation. Fag isn't a hate word and Homosexuals aren't a people group homie.

Grace and Peace,
seal

but its still offensive read my new post so u can see what i mean....

Devin
10-21-2006, 07:32 PM
Yo,

Grace and Peace,
seal

and Ni&&a was aimed at black ppl...so its the same....different applications but still the same

KFB
10-21-2006, 07:34 PM
Yo,

Grace and Peace,
seal
The word fag litteraly means bunch of sticks. The word fag became a term for homosexuals becuase they used to burn them to death. That's why they see it as a slur.

Devin
10-21-2006, 07:37 PM
seal if u wanna hit me up personally then pm me a number or something.....

DJ Links
10-21-2006, 07:47 PM
Please.

Welcome to the spin zone.

Can you answer the question?

Waiting (Jepardy music in the background)

DJ Links
10-21-2006, 07:48 PM
Yo,

Grace and Peace,
seal

Have you listened to the WOTM show yet?

simplyG
10-21-2006, 07:50 PM
Waiting (Jepardy music in the background)

I suppose in your Bible Sodom and Gomorra didn't exist--and before you say "How do you know that they weren't all evil how do you know they weren't?

seal
10-21-2006, 07:52 PM
lol, you're a proud cat. we can agree to disagree than on the folks of westboro baptist. you think it's cool to cause a ruckus by picketing folks funerals and praising the the attacks of 9/11 and natural disasters. i have a hard time thinking that you're serious, lol. you gotta be pulling our legs :rolleyes:

Whatever guy, like I said their picketting is up for question, but their praising the attack of 9/11 and natural disaster I have no problem with. Mrs. Phelps used scripture to back up her statement, how about you?

Psalm 104:34-35

34May my meditation be pleasing to him,
for I rejoice in the LORD.
35Let sinners be consumed from the earth,
and let the wicked be no more!
Bless the LORD, O my soul!
Praise the LORD!

Jeremiah 23:18-20

18For who among them has stood in the council of the LORD
to see and to hear his word,
or who has paid attention to his word and listened?
19Behold, the storm of the LORD!
Wrath has gone forth,
a whirling tempest;
it will burst upon the head of the wicked.
20The anger of the LORD will not turn back
until he has executed and accomplished
the intents of his heart.
In the latter days you will understand it clearly.

Grace and Peace,
seal

DJ Links
10-21-2006, 07:54 PM
I suppose in your Bible Sodom and Gomorra didn't exist--and before you say "How do you know that they weren't all evil how do you know they weren't?

Assumption is based on the lowest level of knowledge.

You still havent answered the question.

seal
10-21-2006, 07:57 PM
The word fag litteraly means bunch of sticks. The word fag became a term for homosexuals becuase they used to burn them to death. That's why they see it as a slur.

Okay there buddy do you think that God had anything to do with a Homosexuals being burned in reflection of his Law. Was God like, "Oh no." Think about it famo. The wages of sin is death. Please tell all Homosexuals to repent before this happens to them.

Grace and Peace,
seal

DJ Links
10-21-2006, 07:59 PM
Okay there buddy do you think that God had anything to do with a Homosexuals being burned in reflection of his Law. Was God like, "Oh no." Think about it famo. The wages of sin is death. Please tell all Homosexuals to repent before this happens to them.

Grace and Peace,
seal

Are you advocating murder now? Earthquake, Tsunami natural disasters. Someone tying someone up and setting them on fire - murder.

DJ Links
10-21-2006, 08:02 PM
Seal please show me in scripture that homosexuals should be burned (set on fire) in scripture in relation to God's judgement. Just curious.

simplyG
10-21-2006, 08:06 PM
Assumption is based on the lowest level of knowledge.

You still havent answered the question.

I've answered it with two specific examples of God's judgement on the wicked. How many to you need? I'm not God but I do has a sense of of what happens to a people and a society who refuse to turn from wickedness.
America has not atoned for it's wicked beginnings, and it's a matter of time before more judgements--happenstances for the weak-hearted--fall upon this nation.
Now e-mail me back if you need to know where Noah and Lot are in the Bible--hint: look near the front of the Old Testament.
Beyond that, I suppose in your eyes the question will never be answered.

By the way: World Series is on and I'm watching.

Devin
10-21-2006, 08:12 PM
well seal...what about the christians that were in katrina...some of them are now homeless and displaced?what are they supposed to do now?im not saying it wasnt wrath...but i still feel we should have a hold on our tongue by not using a worldly word like Fag and not considering our bro's and sis's in katrina and tsunami who were affected in those disasters.....

seal
10-21-2006, 08:18 PM
Seal please show me in scripture that homosexuals should be burned (set on fire) in scripture in relation to God's judgement. Just curious.

I didn't say that there was a scripture for homosexuals to be burned. God did that in Sodom and Goma. However there is Scripture for homosexuals to be stoned. C'mon now fam, this is getting a bit out of hand.

I wouldn't burn or stone a Homosexual b/c I am a legislature or in Authority to do so. Only our Gov't could enforce such a thing. Do I believe they should, yes b/c God's Law says so and any person who comes against the Family Institution given by God back in Genesis deserves their just do.

Many people don't agree with me on that point but that's fine with me. However, when all the girls start playing with the girls and all the boys do the same we all die. Word to the wise.

Grace and Peace,
seal

Devin
10-21-2006, 08:21 PM
I didn't say that there was a scripture for homosexuals to be burned. God did that in Sodom and Goma. However there is Scripture for homosexuals to be stoned. C'mon now fam, this is getting a bit out of hand.

I wouldn't burn or stone a Homosexual b/c I am a legislature or in Authority to do so. Only our Gov't could enforce such a thing. Do I believe they should, yes b/c God's Law says so and any person who comes against the Family Institution given by God back in Genesis deserves their just do.

Many people don't agree with me on that point but that's fine with me. However, when all the girls start playing with the girls and all the boys do the same we all die. Word to the wise.

Grace and Peace,
seal

i can see that your passionate with the issue..im not nocking it...although i think if we start stoning homosexuals...then we should do fornicators,adultreres,pornographers and such with them.....ummm.....i just realized something.....if we did that we would all be dead...oops...lol....

but either way...its all good..

Devin
10-21-2006, 08:22 PM

Grace and Peace,
seal

btw...homosexuality is a branch of the tree of sexual sin....we have to get to ALL of the sin...just a thought....

savedbygracealone
10-21-2006, 08:47 PM
seal, i appreciate that you have tremendous zeal for purity. i pray that this is given and accpeted in love and truth.

according to this quote by you, you and your wife should be stoned to death, because you fornicated before marriage, and this undermines the institution of marriage itself.

i'm not trying to put you on blast, but because of the judgment that you are placing on others heads, i figured that it was right and necessary to bring this up.

should not the grace given YOU and your wife, also be extended until the Lord brings His holy wrath against ALL unrighteousness?

Quiet storm
10-21-2006, 08:53 PM
according to this quote by you, you and your wife should be stoned to death, because you fornicated before marriage, and this undermines the institution of marriage itself.

Devin
10-21-2006, 09:10 PM
ouch savedbygracealone......i was trynna be soft when i went there...but man...i used a dirt rock...u used the GRAND CANYON!!!u didnt even try to soften the blow...OUCHYY OUCH!!!!

QS...man lemme pull up a chair and watch too....lol

DJ Links
10-21-2006, 09:28 PM
Ouch too!!!

Jo I guess lifting those moving boxes strengthend up those arms. You throwing folk under the bus now.

http://toole.blogspot.com/uploaded_images/bus6-731855.jpg

CHRISTion
10-21-2006, 09:35 PM
Seriously though, do you guys think this thread should be locked? Or are we continuing to build here?

Jo, I'm not mad at you for going where you went (cuz I see where you're going with it) BUT in a way, I doubt Seal is going to respond back with "Jolene, I see where you're coming from now. I see and I repent of my statements. Thanks for reminding me of a sin that I feel really REALLY bad about from now on I will watch what I say"-yeah, probably not.

btw-a simple statement like "God hates sin" is probably the best way to say what you're trying to say...cuz in reality, God doesn't "hate fags"-He hates SIN.

savedbygracealone
10-21-2006, 09:38 PM
am i in the wrong?

i sincerley apologize and repent, if i am in the wrong. i am open to correction.

KPfaREAL
10-21-2006, 09:42 PM
am i in the wrong?

i sincerley apologize and repent, if i am in the wrong. i am open to correction.

You are not wrong.

Devin
10-21-2006, 10:03 PM
naw jolene...i thought it was a good point....but i agree with chris...i dont think seal is gonna reply to that one....

Quiet storm
10-21-2006, 10:05 PM
i dont think seal is gonna reply to that one....

if only I was a betting man. :)

DJ Links
10-21-2006, 10:15 PM

I bet within the hour.

seal
10-21-2006, 10:34 PM
seal, i appreciate that you have tremendous zeal for purity. i pray that this is given and accpeted in love and truth.

i'm not trying to put you on blast, but because of the judgment that you are placing on others heads, i figured that it was right and necessary to bring this up.

should not the grace given YOU and your wife, also be extended until the Lord brings His holy wrath against ALL unrighteousness?

AMEN sister Jo-Jo and guess who else should be stoned. My parents who both were committing Adultery when I was conceived ;) . Trust me Jo Jo I am not offended by your comment at all and it was needed for me to show a sincere point :D .

When we start teaching people to obey God's Law or face his Judgment we will see these types of things start to be detourred. I do deserve to be stoned and many of us on here probably would have been stoned if God's Justice was rendered on all of us. However let us not think so shallow. It's not about stoning people to death and neither am I asking that there be a mass stoning of Gays everywhere. All I want is for God's Law and Truth to be Upheld so that we as people of God may be capable of doing every good work 2 Timothy 3:16-17.

Change doesn't happen overnight, but we have to start somewhere and I'd hope that the people of God would jump on board in making Righteousness our main goal in all matters of Life. Listen to what Paul tells Timothy.

1 Timothy 1:8-11

8Now we know that the law is good, if one uses it lawfully, 9understanding this, that the law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who strike their fathers and mothers, for murderers, 10the sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers,[b] liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound[c] doctrine, 11in accordance with the glorious gospel of the blessed God with which I have been entrusted.

I'm just stressing Paul's point here. We use God's Law to judge matters as to what is Holy and Acceptable in God's sight. Non of us claim to be the Standard, but God's Law is the Standard in which we all fall short of either in thought or deed. However we see here that the Law isn't for the Just but the Lawless. Therefore Mrs. Phelps is just using the Law to lead the Homosexuals into repentance. My goodness, that all she was saying on Tyra Banks show, was the need for these people to repent and stop living that Lifestyle. The Law does say that God hates these sins, therefore God's Hate for these sins must be put out in the open so that people who have an ear to hear will come to repentance.

Now those people who are in this case tolerable to the sin of Homosexuality will think that people who say that God hates fags are crazy. But are they really crazy for saying such things. I think not. I do question their picketting of funerals b/c I don't agree with their reasoning, but they are Biblical clear on saying God hates the things that he Hates. Is it mad controversial, heck yeah it is, but maybe this controversy can get people reading their Bibles to see what God actually says. Maybe this can spark people to remember God's Judgments about a society of Abomination who tolerates all types of sin. Maybe God can use this to make people in our country repent b/c God's Wrath is coming. Call me crazy for being a supporter of their tactics but from what I saw on Tyra Banks show, I was throughly impressed.

Once again, I am guilty of being stoned and if it wasn't for the Grace of God Alone I'd be on my way to Hell Fire. However, let us think about these things deeply and understand that God's Moral Law is still binding to us. Here's an article that really sums up my thoughts on this....

http://www.forerunner.com/theofaq.html

Hail King Jesus,
seal

Devin
10-21-2006, 10:37 PM

lol...

seal
10-21-2006, 10:39 PM
naw jolene...i thought it was a good point....but i agree with chris...i dont think seal is gonna reply to that one....

QS would have won some mega bucks from you if he were a betting man...LOL...;)

J Hoyt
10-21-2006, 10:39 PM
he'll probably say something like "yall guys are going against the word....yall are mad at her for being on fire...yall dont agree with what the Word says...this aint about MY SIN...im regenerated...im the elect....yall are just against real preaching"

even though we never disagreed the homosexuality is a sin....and we never said that u shouldnt preach God's Wrath...and the ONLY REASON why his past sin was brought up was so that the same measurement of judgement that he uses would be brought back on him..........i certainly hope im wrong...im just joking...but i certainly hope that it come out like this..:)
Looks like you were mistaken ;)

DJ Links
10-21-2006, 10:40 PM
I've answered it with two specific examples of God's judgement on the wicked. How many to you need? I'm not God but I do has a sense of of what happens to a people and a society who refuse to turn from wickedness.
America has not atoned for it's wicked beginnings, and it's a matter of time before more judgements--happenstances for the weak-hearted--fall upon this nation.
Now e-mail me back if you need to know where Noah and Lot are in the Bible--hint: look near the front of the Old Testament.
Beyond that, I suppose in your eyes the question will never be answered.

By the way: World Series is on and I'm watching.

I asked you to show me in scripture where what has happened today is judgement. You have yet to do so. As for your other comments; you're boring me.

Devin
10-21-2006, 10:41 PM
AMEN sister Jo-Jo and guess who else should be stoned. My parents who both were committing Adultery when I was conceived ;) . Trust me Jo Jo I am not offended by your comment at all and it was needed for me to show a sincere point :D .

When we start teaching people to obey God's Law or face his Judgment we will see these types of things start to be detourred. I do deserve to be stoned and many of us on here probably would have been stoned if God's Justice was rendered on all of us. However let us not think so shallow. It's not about stoning people to death and neither am I asking that there be a mass stoning of Gays everywhere. All I want is for God's Law and Truth to be Upheld so that we as people of God may be capable of doing every good work 2 Timothy 3:16-17.

Change doesn't happen overnight, but we have to start somewhere and I'd hope that the people of God would jump on board in making Righteousness our main goal in all matters of Life. Listen to what Paul tells Timothy.

1 Timothy 1:8-11

8Now we know that the law is good, if one uses it lawfully, 9understanding this, that the law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who strike their fathers and mothers, for murderers, 10the sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers,[b] liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound[c] doctrine, 11in accordance with the glorious gospel of the blessed God with which I have been entrusted.

I'm just stressing Paul's point here. We use God's Law to judge matters as to what is Holy and Acceptable in God's sight. Non of us claim to be the Standard, but God's Law is the Standard in which we all fall short of either in thought or deed. However we see here that the Law isn't for the Just but the Lawless. Therefore Mrs. Phelps is just using the Law to lead the Homosexuals into repentance. My goodness, that all she was saying on Tyra Banks show, was the need for these people to repent and stop living that Lifestyle. The Law does say that God hates these sins, therefore God's Hate for these sins must be put out in the open so that people who have an ear to hear will come to repentance.

Now those people who are in this case tolerable to the sin of Homosexuality will think that people who say that God hates fags are crazy. But are they really crazy for saying such things. I think not. I do question their picketting of funerals b/c I don't agree with their reasoning, but they are Biblical clear on saying God hates the things that he Hates. Is it mad controversial, heck yeah it is, but maybe this controversy can get people reading their Bibles to see what God actually says. Maybe this can spark people to remember God's Judgments about a society of Abomination who tolerates all types of sin. Maybe God can use this to make people in our country repent b/c God's Wrath is coming. Call me crazy for being a supporter of their tactics but from what I saw on Tyra Banks show, I was throughly impressed.

Once again, I am guilty of being stoned and if it wasn't for the Grace of God Alone I'd be on my way to Hell Fire. However, let us think about these things deeply and understand that God's Moral Law is still binding to us. Here's an article that really sums up my thoughts on this....

http://www.forerunner.com/theofaq.html

Hail King Jesus,
seal

hmm..good point BUT why is she just aiming at one branch on the tree of sin?

thats a question we should ask her...she seems to cover homosexuality alot....but what after that?

Devin
10-21-2006, 10:41 PM
Looks like you were mistaken ;)

ooppssss:D

seal
10-21-2006, 10:44 PM
Seriously though, do you guys think this thread should be locked? Or are we continuing to build here?

Jo, I'm not mad at you for going where you went (cuz I see where you're going with it) BUT in a way, I doubt Seal is going to respond back with "Jolene, I see where you're coming from now. I see and I repent of my statements. Thanks for reminding me of a sin that I feel really REALLY bad about from now on I will watch what I say"-yeah, probably not.

btw-a simple statement like "God hates sin" is probably the best way to say what you're trying to say...cuz in reality, God doesn't "hate fags"-He hates SIN.

Yo,

G, I disagree with you here homie. Sin isn't some entity that floats around people. Sin comes from within and God hates sin, therefore what does God hate? Sinners. You can't seperate sin from the sinner it's metaphysically impossible.

Basically what you are saying is that everyone is innocent and God should only punish this seperate entity sin, not the person. Therefore God is unjust when he punishing a sinner since the person was caught up only in a cross fire between God and the sin. Make sense?

Grace and Peace,
seal

J Hoyt
10-21-2006, 10:45 PM
...long, long post...
Very interesting. Good response. Reminds me a lot of when Cruz was on here many months ago always talking about how the OT laws are still applicable to civil and government matters today. I don't think I've gone a single day since then without thinking about that.

Devin
10-21-2006, 10:45 PM
i gotta question....do you think her preaching would be effective to reaching those that are in homosexual sin?i ask this because gay ppl are use to hate from everywhere...so do u think she would not be helpful in her preaching because of her approach?im not saying she gotta be like olsteen...but maybe she should take some pointers from wotm......because she IS arrogant...if u listen to that radio broadcast she completely acted childish...all todd was trynna do was ask sincere questions and try to understand her..next thing u know shes calling him a 2yr old kid.....

Devin
10-21-2006, 10:48 PM
Yo,

G, I disagree with you here homie. Sin isn't some entity that floats around people. Sin comes from within and God hates sin, therefore what does God hate? Sinners. You can't seperate sin from the sinner it's metaphysically impossible.

Basically what you are saying is that everyone is innocent and God should only punish this seperate entity sin, not the person. Therefore God is unjust when he punishing a sinner since the person was caught up only in a cross fire between God and the sin. Make sense?

Grace and Peace,
seal

i think u maybe confused on that....im not sure Biblically u can prove that one..im not saying u wrong...i dunno...got scripture for that?

i see scripture that says God hating the sin that sinners comit...but not the ppl themselves...im not saying God is all warm and fuzzy and stuff...im just saying..i really never seen an instance where God says i hate u because your a sinner....i might hear something like "i hate your sinful ways and etc"....i dunno....help a brotha out!!!!

seal
10-21-2006, 10:49 PM
Very interesting. Good response. Reminds me a lot of when Cruz was on here many months ago always talking about how the OT laws are still applicable to civil and government matters today. I don't think I've gone a single day since then without thinking about that.

Glory be to God brother. Cruz is a Theonomist as well and we firmly believe that having people meditate on God's Law can bring Righteousness back to society. This is the beauty of God's Law and hopefully people don't mistake us of saying that people can be saved by the Law b/c that's a no brainer. People can and must however be guiding by God's Moral Law.

Hail King Jesus,
seal

DJ Links
10-21-2006, 10:53 PM
Seal I'm still wondering if you listened to the WOTM broadcast yet?

http://www.wayofthemasterradio.com/podcast/page/10

Devin
10-21-2006, 10:56 PM
Glory be to God brother. Cruz is a Theonomist as well and we firmly believe that having people meditate on God's Law can bring Righteousness back to society. This is the beauty of God's Law and hopefully people don't mistake us of saying that people can be saved by the Law b/c that's a no brainer. People can and must however be guiding by God's Moral Law.

Hail King Jesus,
seal

man u aint answered my question...i though u were a Builder?:confused:

:rolleyes: nevamind.....

J Hoyt
10-21-2006, 11:04 PM
i think u maybe confused on that....im not sure Biblically u can prove that one..im not saying u wrong...i dunno...got scripture for that?

i see scripture that says God hating the sin that sinners comit...but not the ppl themselves...im not saying God is all warm and fuzzy and stuff...im just saying..i really never seen an instance where God says i hate u because your a sinner....i might hear something like "i hate your sinful ways and etc"....i dunno....help a brotha out!!!!

I put 'hate' into the search on BibleGateway.com and got these:

Psalm 11:5 (New International Version)
The LORD examines the righteous,
but the wicked [a] and those who love violence
his soul hates
('His' here is referring to God)

16 There are six things the LORD hates,
seven that are detestable to him:

17 haughty eyes,
a lying tongue,
hands that shed innocent blood,

18 a heart that devises wicked schemes,
feet that are quick to rush into evil,

19 a false witness who pours out lies
and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers.

Bible_Man
10-21-2006, 11:17 PM
I put 'hate' into the search on BibleGateway.com and got these:

('His' here is referring to God)

Thank God His love contrabalances that! Who here is righteous in their own right? Who here sought God on their own right? NONE! So to properly use those scriptures one must realize that God's hate/wrath was to be poured out on ALL flesh. However God so loved the world that He sent His Son. Now we can be made righteous through Him and wont face His wrath and hate. While we were yet in sin, Christ commended His love to us. Properly using those Scriptures, all, even those who later on got saved, were in a state of wickedness prior to salvation. Saul who loved violence (he persecuted the church) who devised wicked schemes (he was plotting to bring church members in chains) who along with the other pharisees bore false witness to Jesus and His people, who stirred up dissention in the church- all the definitons pulled by Jhoyts scripture find, this was Saul- but God so loved the world, that even Saul who fit the bill for destruction as all men do, found grace in Christ. So taking a few scriptures and not understanding them in context will make you hyperextend thoughts that aren't really taught in scripture. Even in saying that God hates the wicked from a scripture stand point is not the complete idea that scripture is saying. All were born wicked, and so by strict definition, God hates everybody, with a hate that's not like how we're talking about here or like how we see the woman on the show have a "hate" about. His hate is His holy wrath that He has not poured out yet. His love poured out is the highlight. We want to make His hate the highlight.

seal
10-21-2006, 11:20 PM

Yo,

lil bro, this is something I can't really give you a defense for other then that God Loved Jacob and Hated Esau. Also check out...

Psalm 11:4-6

4The LORD is in his holy temple;
the LORD's throne is in heaven;
his eyes see, his eyelids test, the children of man.
5The LORD tests the righteous,
but his soul hates the wicked and the one who loves violence.
6Let him rain coals on the wicked;
fire and sulfur and a scorching wind shall be the portion of their cup.

Proverbs 6:16-22

16There are six things that the LORD hates,
seven that are an abomination to him:
17haughty eyes, a lying tongue,
and hands that shed innocent blood,
18a heart that devises wicked plans,
feet that make haste to run to evil,
19a false witness who breathes out lies,
and one who sows discord among brothers.

I'll try to find more scriptures for you tomorrow, but I have to study some more for a test I have Wednesday. This is a more Philisophical Argument more then anything.

Grace and Peace,
seal

seal
10-21-2006, 11:26 PM
Seal I'm still wondering if you listened to the WOTM broadcast yet?

http://www.wayofthemasterradio.com/podcast/page/10

I was listening to it but it is a very long show. Maybe I can finish it tomorrow. Tom Friel is a very funny guy and I liked a lot of things he was saying to those callers. However, where is the interview part of the show, is it in the beginning, the middle, or the end.

Grace and Peace,
seal

seal
10-21-2006, 11:35 PM
Thank God His love contrabalances that! Who here is righteous in their own right? Who here sought God on their own right? NONE! So to properly use those scriptures one must realize that God's hate/wrath was to be poured out on ALL flesh. However God so loved the world that He sent His Son. Now we can be made righteous through Him and wont face His wrath and hate. While we were yet in sin, Christ commended His love to us. Properly using those Scriptures, all, even those who later on got saved, were in a state of wickedness prior to salvation. Saul who loved violence (he persecuted the church) who devised wicked schemes (he was plotting to bring church members in chains) who along with the other pharisees bore false witness to Jesus and His people, who stirred up dissention in the church- all the definitons pulled by Jhoyts scripture find, this was Saul- but God so loved the world, that even Saul who fit the bill for destruction as all men do, found grace in Christ. So taking a few scriptures and not understanding them in context will make you hyperextend thoughts that aren't really taught in scripture. Even in saying that God hates the wicked from a scripture stand point is not the complete idea that scripture is saying. All were born wicked, and so by strict definition, God hates everybody, with a hate that's not like how we're talking about here or like how we see the woman on the show have a "hate" about. His hate is His holy wrath that He has not poured out yet. His love poured out is the highlight. We want to make His hate the highlight.

I think I see where you are going. I agree that God should hate all of us. However in his mercy he chose to Love us so that we may Love him. However, the concept that we are using here is that teaching people God's Wrath is a form of teaching people to repent or face it. When we say that God Hates Sin, we are theologically correct. If we say that so God so loved the world that he sent his only son, but don't finish the verse we are theologically incorrect. God loves those whom believe in his son. However, it's true that the World Hates the Light and Christ promised such things. So we are both actually saying the samething. God hates sin, but he loves his son and those who believe in him.

Man I'm getting sleepy and my thoughts are getting scattered....LOL... let me call it a night. Wonderful build though tonight....

Grace and Peace,
seal

Devin
10-21-2006, 11:38 PM

hmmm....makes sense

do u think its a good idea to walk around with signs that say God hates fags?

dont u think the homosexuals may not get it?seeing how theyre not saved anyway they cant understand rightous type hate and confuse with other hate...thats the ONLY reason why im nocking her style of preaching...oh yeah...God wont tolerate sin..let that be known...and if u fit the profile u face judgement...let that be known too....but i dont think its a good idea to walk around with a sign that says God Hates Fags....if ppl keep having to question rather or not its a hate speech then maybe u should seek the Lord to give an approach that CANT BE CONFUSED with the Worlds attitude towards gays...if its hard to tell what u stand for...then umm...that may not be a good thing....

Devin
10-21-2006, 11:39 PM
I think I see where you are going. I agree that God should hate all of us. However in his mercy he chose to Love us so that we may Love him. However, the concept that we are using here is that teaching people God's Wrath is a form of teaching people to repent or face it. When we say that God Hates Sin, we are theologically correct. If we say that so God so loved the world that he sent his only son, but don't finish the verse we are theologically incorrect. God loves those whom believe in his son. However, it's true that the World Hates the Light and Christ promised such things. So we are both actually saying the samething. God hates sin, but he loves his son and those who believe in him.

Man I'm getting sleepy and my thoughts are getting scattered....LOL... let me call it a night. Wonderful build though tonight....

Grace and Peace,
seal

aww come on man...its only 10:40 ova here.....u aint no builder...lol...

CHRISTion
10-22-2006, 01:50 AM
Yo,

Grace and Peace,
sealSeal, you and I just happen to disagree with a few things theologically. #1-I DON'T believe the OT laws are still binding becuz I'm not a Jew and those laws were given to Jews. #2-You can argue that God hates the sin AND the sinner, which I guess can be true, however, it must also be understood that EVERY MAN IS A SINNER no matter how many days, months or hours you've went without committing a sin (which btw is not possible, but just for the sake of argument). So basically what I was saying (I will help you out so you don't have to put words in my mouth) is that God hates SIN. Since all of us have it, God hates us, however, due to His Son graciously paying the penalty for it, we no longer have to be slaves to it or have to be condemned for it (Romans 8:1).

I'm like you dude-HAIL KING JESUS,
Grace and Peace,
CM

tlr
10-22-2006, 08:57 AM
Hi Folks
this is one hot topic which always gets christians really mad. I would like to see the same zeal on other topics which in my opinion are more valid such as adultry, wife beating, children abuse, stealing from the house of God just for starters. People of alternative life styles do not change just because you say they should. They will only change through personal conviction and that will come through the love of God reach out to them.

Question what would you do if you found out that your brother or sister that you grow up with was homosexual. Then we would find out how born again you really our. Before i can start getting angry at some one else for their lifestyle i get angry at myself for my lifestyle. My walk with God must first be Love centred. The question then becomes is my lifestyle love centred. Can i look a homosexual in the eye through love or hate.

Peace

desertwoman
10-22-2006, 10:42 AM
LOL!!!!!! She shouldn't share God's kindness

3SpiritsEM
10-22-2006, 12:01 PM
Hi Folks
this is one hot topic which always gets christians really mad. I would like to see the same zeal on other topics which in my opinion are more valid such as adultry, wife beating, children abuse, stealing from the house of God just for starters. People of alternative life styles do not change just because you say they should. They will only change through personal conviction and that will come through the love of God reach out to them.

Question what would you do if you found out that your brother or sister that you grow up with was homosexual. Then we would find out how born again you really our. Before i can start getting angry at some one else for their lifestyle i get angry at myself for my lifestyle. My walk with God must first be Love centred. The question then becomes is my lifestyle love centred. Can i look a homosexual in the eye through love or hate.

Peace

What would you do if your brother or sister were gay because they were told in school that homosexuality was not wrong and to try it for their self and see if your gay?

What about the gays who sued the boy scouts for not having gay scout leaders all the pro gay groups?

You never bring up the fact the there is a group of militant gays trying to teach it as normal. Would it shock me to see you marching hand in hand down Main Street in support of your brother or sister on gay pride day not really?

IT CALLED GAY PRIDE PEOPLE,

Devin
10-22-2006, 12:16 PM
What would you do if your brother or sister were gay because they were told in school that homosexuality was not wrong and to try it for their self and see if your gay?

What about the gays who sued the boy scouts for not having gay scout leaders all the pro gay groups?

You never bring up the fact the there is a group of militant gays trying to teach it as normal. Would it shock me to see you marching hand in hand down Main Street in support of your brother or sister on gay pride day not really?

u need to put your emotionalism away first and try to reread his statement...he said nothing about justifying it....he's talking about how to handle it....

Elekt
10-22-2006, 02:11 PM
like im not totally against this woman, but this is what I am against

she hates the sinner and sin - but I think the bible teaches to love the sinner but hate the sin? (correct me if im wrong)

also, If you listen to WOTM her theology, and interp of scripture is waaay off...

Shock~Therapy
10-22-2006, 02:25 PM
Hi Folks

Peace

Amen. You hit the nail straight on. Sin is sin regardless. All sin is an abomination before God. It is not our job to condemn others but rather allow the Holy Spirit to convict them to change.

- like Elekt said: love the sinner, hate the sin.

Devin
10-22-2006, 02:30 PM
like im not totally against this woman, but this is what I am against

she hates the sinner and sin - but I think the bible teaches to love the sinner but hate the sin? (correct me if im wrong)

also, If you listen to WOTM her theology, and interp of scripture is waaay off...

not to mention she was VERY RUDE to todd when all he wanted was some simple answers...peep out the interview...u cant tell me that theres not one ounce of ARROGANCE in her....

Devin
10-22-2006, 02:38 PM
but the funny part was when the daughter was confronting tyra about her show "americans top model"....the daughter said her show promoted lesbianism and homosexuality...and then tyra asked that if shes so "offended" by it like she says she is.....then how come she was watching it?......and she says what every christian says...."well when u bored.......we was just watching it"...LOLOLOLOL...pure comedy:D

1-Lyfe
10-22-2006, 03:46 PM
ayo this is crazy stuff y'all. lol...i dont mean to laugh but the phelps family is crazy! they're from topeka, kansas. and everyone in topeka hates them (my girlfriend is from topeka so that's how i know). i mean they gotta have security around them everytime they're in public cuz people will sit there and throw stuff at them and stuff like that. ask saintjoe about it...i'm sure he knows. but yeah i read an interview with fred phelps and he said that he was gonna try to sabbatage (sp?) Billy Graham's funeral. twiztid people...

as flame would say.....it's a fallen world.

Elekt
10-22-2006, 04:00 PM
as flame would say.....it's a fallen world.

ROFL!!!!! MAN YOU HAD ME ROLLING BRO!!...LOL...I REMEMBER DUDE SAYING THAT BACK IN STL!!!! ROFL!!

simplyG
10-22-2006, 04:57 PM
America better get ready for more is to come.
We re-elected a president we knew to be a liar by practice, unread by nature.
We continue to allow abortion.
We continue not to atone for centuries of slavery of Africans.
We continue to break, dishonor, and work around treaties signed with Natives.
We continue to honor lotteries in the guise of "helping" education.
We continue to create regressive tax situations which widen the gap between rich and poor.
We continue to dilute the Gospel with style over substance.
We continue to celebrate sin and chastise those who voice opposition to sin.
The sins of the fathers are upon the children.

seal
10-22-2006, 05:04 PM

Yo,

I totally agree homie. Homosexuals are very influential in their political agenda which is to reach equality with Heterosexuals in the since that everyone has to accept us as a people group. A PEOPLE GROUP!!! Now if that doesn't rise up a righteous angry in you then I don't know what to tell you. I can see God's Judgment coming a now :eek: :eek: ....it ain't pretty.

Honestly a lot of Theology is in this subject and a person's Eschatology is really going to show how they feel about this. Since I assume most people are waiting on the Rapture they won't really lift a finger to stand for God's Law and Truth b/c they are waiting on the Rapture to save them from having to work.

However, Mrs. Phelps and company don't hold to such Eschatology and if they are following Puritan Eschatology they are Post Mill like me. Therefore, we believe that God's Law and Truth is powerful enough to make a Righteous Change in this Wicked Society before the Messiah comes back to seperate the Wheat from the Tares. Now this is something that I feel needs to be address the most as well. I don't believe that God gave us his Word to be push overs and just back down when faced with Adversity. One thing about this Generation we live in is that we have definitely out smarted the Martyrs and Saints of Old (As Truth says). We'd rather just sit around and hold hands with everybody whether they bow their knee to King Jesus or not and sing KUMBAYA. Well, I'm not feeling that and I'm rather fed up with it and if this is the type Idolatry people are going to support or just be IDLE ABOUT we'll see your results...Nothing...

Just some thoughts....

Hail King Jesus,
seal

seal
10-22-2006, 05:05 PM
We continue to create regressive tax situations which widen the gap between rich and poor.

AMEN AND AMEN AGAIN.....

seal
10-22-2006, 05:16 PM
but the funny part was when the daughter was confronting tyra about her show "americans top model"....the daughter said her show promoted lesbianism and homosexuality...and then tyra asked that if shes so "offended" by it like she says she is.....then how come she was watching it?......and she says what every christian says...."well when u bored.......we was just watching it"...LOLOLOLOL...pure comedy:D

Tyra Banks is a mad advocate of Gay and Lesbian rights homie and she calls herself a Christian. Now who get the worst rap from that. Christians that preach against Homosexuality but from time to time watch a Homosexual promoting show b/c their bored. Or so called Christians that assist and aid Homosexual in their Lifestyle and calls them normal people just like anyone else who deserve their Gay Rights.... I'll let you be the judge....

Grace and Peace,
seal

Gloria
10-22-2006, 05:21 PM

Sorry...this is off topic and I'll take it to PM if a mod wants me to but....

I agree on some levels. A few questions though...How do we "atone" for centuries of slavery? Are you talking reparations? How do you propose we change the tax system for better? What does "unread by nature" mean? (sorry I'm slow:o ).

Blessings.

simplyG
10-22-2006, 05:38 PM
Sorry...this is off topic and I'll take it to PM if a mod wants me to but....

I agree on some levels. A few questions though...How do we "atone" for centuries of slavery? Are you talking reparations? How do you propose we change the tax system for better? What does "unread by nature" mean? (sorry I'm slow:o ).

Blessings.

The issue arose as a result of questions related to Phelps' response to questions regarding God's judgement on people. I attempted to reference specific judgement from the Bible (Noah's ark, Sodom and Gomorrah) and made a parallel to general judgements one could make based on the sense Gods gave us. This was a bit much for 1 or 2 here, but I happen to believe that God will actually visit the iniquity of the fathers upon the sons and daughters, 3rd and 4th generation.

Unread by nature: not very bright.
Flat tax is cool.
Reparations would be a start.

The ultimate issue was some people if they don't believe what you say, no matter the proof or word choice, they won't agree with you.

Bible_Man
10-22-2006, 05:50 PM
I agree with everything Seal said about taking a stand and pushing the truth in government. In fact, I don't think anybody here disagrees with that. But that's not even the subject. The Phelps aren't doing that. THey just have hate and happen to use the channel of Christianity or a form of it to push that.

They were supporting Al Gore back in the late 90's only because he stood up against homosexuality. They also supported Fidel Castro for the same reason. What you're looking at is a group of people who have a personal hate for gays and not a righteous fury for all unbiblical things. if they did they would be righteously furious at themselves for hating their brethren and slandering millions of Christians and causing the nations to blaspheme the holy name of Christ by their antics in His name.

selah

Gloria
10-22-2006, 06:25 PM
The issue arose as a result of questions related to Phelps' response to questions regarding God's judgement on people. I attempted to reference specific judgement from the Bible (Noah's ark, Sodom and Gomorrah) and made a parallel to general judgements one could make based on the sense Gods gave us. This was a bit much for 1 or 2 here, but I happen to believe that God will actually visit the iniquity of the fathers upon the sons and daughters, 3rd and 4th generation.

Unread by nature: not very bright.
Flat tax is cool.
Reparations would be a start.

The ultimate issue was some people if they don't believe what you say, no matter the proof or word choice, they won't agree with you.

"Unread by nature"=Not bright. Okay. Thanks. I've never heard someone use that phrase before.

Flat tax maybe, reparations, not so much.

invisible man
10-22-2006, 06:26 PM
The Phelps family is a wild bunch.

Originally Posted by simplyG

I agree. For some reason people think Gods judgment for a nation or a people is only reserved for judgment day alone (not so). As if he wouldn't be righteous in judging if he did judge with whatever punishment he deemed to be right. People don't want to think God does anything seen in the OT or would still do such a thing (like judgment). The warning signs are everywhere men still don't want to repent. Yes God does have mercy but there is a time when mercy is exhausted with habitual sin. When does that happen? Only God knows. But don't think it doesn't happen because it is OT or your not of Jewish descent.

Gloria
10-22-2006, 06:27 PM
I agree with everything Seal said about taking a stand and pushing the truth in government. In fact, I don't think anybody here disagrees with that. But that's not even the subject. The Phelps aren't doing that. THey just have hate and happen to use the channel of Christianity or a form of it to push that.

They were supporting Al Gore back in the late 90's only because he stood up against homosexuality. They also supported Fidel Castro for the same reason. What you're looking at is a group of people who have a personal hate for gays and not a righteous fury for all unbiblical things. if they did they would be righteously furious at themselves for hating their brethren and slandering millions of Christians and causing the nations to blaspheme the holy name of Christ by their antics in His name.

selah

ITA.

Devin
10-22-2006, 07:12 PM
Tyra Banks is a mad advocate of Gay and Lesbian rights homie and she calls herself a Christian. Now who get the worst rap from that. Christians that preach against Homosexuality but from time to time watch a Homosexual promoting show b/c their bored. Or so called Christians that assist and aid Homosexual in their Lifestyle and calls them normal people just like anyone else who deserve their Gay Rights.... I'll let you be the judge....

Grace and Peace,
seal

OF COURSE TYRA WAS WRONG MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHY ARE ACTING AS IF IM BACKING UP TYRA?IM CLEARLY NOT.BUT THE TYRA WAS RIGHT FOR SAYING THAT IF THE PHELPS DISAGREE WITH HER SHOW..THEN THEY SHOULDNT WATCH IT..AND I THINK YOURE TRYNNA DOWNPLAY THAT SO YOU CAN MAKE A POINT!!!!

LifeInReturn
10-22-2006, 09:17 PM
Be not quick in your spirit to become angry, for anger lodges in the bosom of fools.
Ecclesiastes 7:9 ESV

Just a reminder to EVERYONE.

3SpiritsEM
10-22-2006, 10:45 PM
OF COURSE TYRA WAS WRONG MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHY ARE ACTING AS IF IM BACKING UP TYRA?IM CLEARLY NOT.BUT THE TYRA WAS RIGHT FOR SAYING THAT IF THE PHELPS DISAGREE WITH HER SHOW..THEN THEY SHOULDNT WATCH IT..AND I THINK YOURE TRYNNA DOWNPLAY THAT SO YOU CAN MAKE A POINT!!!!

Be not quick in your spirit to become angry, for anger lodges in the bosom of fools.

:D :D :D :D :D

Elekt
10-22-2006, 10:46 PM

ditto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBXN1t7K2pY

Devin
10-22-2006, 11:10 PM

sorry:o

authentic
10-23-2006, 12:13 PM
We know that homosexuality and lesbianism is SIN, but even in spite of the sin, there's still a soul that needs to be saved and baptized in the Holy Ghost. That lady on the Tyra Banks show seems to have been driven by almost just hatred for what she was talking about, which is good but i don't know if she explained the other side of the story. From what i read she was just saying that they will all be damned to hell but there's something called mery and grace for those that are in sin. she was sounding like it was just a lost cause and no hope. With loving kindness will God draw sinners. it shouldn't come to a point of making people hell scared in order to receive salvation because hell scared salvation don't last long. it said she taught her children to hate gays and lesbians but it didn't say that she taught them how to minister to the soul of that sinner and cause them to want to turn from their wicked ways, repent, be washed in the blood of Jesus and accept Him as Lord and savior. Sometimes the hell fire and brimstone approach can turn people off and turn them away from receiving Christ. on the other hand the hell fire and brimstone approach is all some sinner understand. I don't, maybe what im saying is not even making since. maybe i'm just babbling. I just thought we hate the sin but love the sinner because they too need to be saved. God bless.

jnorman888
10-23-2006, 01:16 PM
Ok I saw the clips of the show on Youtube, and I heard what she had to say on WOTM Radio and I think she's a bit off. She doesn't care about Truth she only cares about getting her message out and on WOTM she didn't even know how a person became a Christian.

She was a bit civil on TV but she was rude and awfull on WOTM so hey.........

Devin
11-23-2006, 02:42 PM

Grace and Peace,
seal

the puritians get the bad rap....these are the same woman who hate fags...so why watch a show that supports fagism?hypocrisy...thats why.....you cant say you hate idolatry but then buy a jay-z album...so there you have it...CHECKMATE BUDDY!!

seal
11-23-2006, 02:49 PM
the puritians get the bad rap....these are the same woman who hate fags...so why watch a show that supports fagism?hypocrisy...thats why.....you cant say you hate idolatry but then buy a jay-z album...so there you have it...CHECKMATE BUDDY!!

LOL..... son you are crazy!!!

Devin
11-23-2006, 03:00 PM
yeah...i am crazy...but im also right..

d.hyde
06-09-2009, 09:50 AM
:wideeyed:

apokalum
06-09-2009, 10:16 AM
:wideeyed:
smh @ bumping this extra old thread :policeman:

seal
06-09-2009, 10:26 AM
what da heck d.hyde???.....lol......

Lynaz24
06-09-2009, 10:27 AM
"If speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing." I Cor 13:1-3

No matter how true the message is, if its not given in love, with the spirit behind it that desires that a person truly come to know Jesus and be transformed, then its worth nothing.

I can shout God's truth all day from the rooftops, but if people see me holding signs that say "God Hates Fags" then nobody's listening to me..

mzsoulll
06-09-2009, 10:47 AM
:swoon: @ this thread.

sonshine
06-09-2009, 03:22 PM
Homosexuality isnt the biggest sin out there! God's wrath will pour out on anyone who dosent repent and trust in Jesus Christ! one thing i cant stand is when we make homosexuality a bigger sin than what it already is..... ALL SIN IS EQUAL IN GOD's sight! its not just the homosexuals, but it will be liers, and thieves, and adulterers, and idolaters and ALL SINNERS! stop singling out gays and lesbians and focus on all the sins they commit as a whole.....:idea:

Rikki
06-09-2009, 03:39 PM
Homosexuality isn't the biggest sin. However, it is the biggest one that is being rammed down our throats as being OK and whoever doesn't agree with that is marginalized, called names, blacklisted, etc.

I don't see any other sin trying to me made to appear normal as homosexuality is.

mzsoulll
06-09-2009, 03:53 PM
^ theres plenty

Pride...Self Empowerment...Infidelity (celebrated in some instances)...Idolatry(pretty much takes up everything else I'm going to say) Relativism (accepting every religion as true aka religious tolerance aka idolatry), SEXUAL IMPURITIES, Ludeness, LYING (eargo term "white lie" or "fib"), overexcessiveness, immodesty (highly celebrated), abortion......*whistles*

seal
06-09-2009, 03:56 PM
Will you people stop bumping this 2006 post???....LOL....:jimlad:

Rikki
06-09-2009, 03:56 PM
NONE of those are pushed like Homosexuality. Abortion? OK. But that's it. There's no movement to persuade people to tolerate lying, or making pride a thing that all must accept.

You don't see books geared to elementary school kids talkin bout, "Let's all tell a lie!" or "Say it loud, I'm proud and I'm PROUD!" LOL

That's my point.

eternal
06-09-2009, 04:00 PM
NONE of those are pushed like Homosexuality. Abortion? OK. But that's it. There's no movement to persuade people to tolerate lying, or making pride a thing that all must accept.

You don't see books geared to elementary school kids talkin bout, "Let's all tell a lie!" or "Say it loud, I'm proud and I'm PROUD!" LOL

That's my point.

many of those sins are already ingrained as being acceptable. Sex period is case in point. Greed is another. Redemptive violence is another. Homosexuality is one sin that is marganalized and thus we find the backlash.

Rikki
06-09-2009, 04:04 PM
many of those sins are already ingrained as being acceptable. Sex period is case in point. Greed is another. Redemptive violence is another. Homosexuality is one sin that is marganalized and thus we find the backlash.

I agree..but this thing, IMO is WAY more than backlash. It's a purposeful plan to make everyone APPROVE of the lifestyle. The same folk who say "Stay outta my bedroom" are the same folk who are parading their filth and trying to make us say it's ok.

eternal
06-09-2009, 04:14 PM
I agree..but this thing, IMO is WAY more than backlash. It's a purposeful plan to make everyone APPROVE of the lifestyle. The same folk who say "Stay outta my bedroom" are the same folk who are parading their filth and trying to make us say it's ok.

I agree that is their intent. My case was that it isn't alone. The idolater says the same thing. The drunkard, the fornicator, the covetous, the greedy, etc. I don't think the homosexual agenda/philosophy is unique on this point.

mzsoulll
06-09-2009, 04:19 PM

That's my point.

And that's the sad thing. They have already penetrated our homes, which is why there is no need for a parade of it. In fact, it's in the core of our value system. But is that what it takes for us to regard a sin as dangerous? Isn't it more dangerous, when sin is comfortable, and in fact is not regarded as sin but rather a natural and good way of life?

I'm fine with Christians fighting the gay movement...but lets not sleep on the silent movements that have even been the foundation of this country. Homosexuality makes people uncomfortable. Lying doesn't. But whether one is done or the other. Both will fly you to the judgment seat. Eargo my whole point. The other sins are out there alright. But they are sins we commit...and a lot of us are comfortable with those. And just UNCORMFORTABLE with homosexuality. I'd rather people say that, then try to put a red dot on it.

mzsoulll
06-09-2009, 04:23 PM

You're right...they are trying to do that. So how do we respond? With the gospel. I don't see how else that can be countered. But a lot of the gospel gets watered down with our distaste and disgust for them. And that's what's distasteful to me :daydreaming:

and this generation under me is getting the gay message full effect. I'm so willing to get prepared to preach the gospel to all these bisexual females.

Rikki
06-09-2009, 04:24 PM
I agree that is their intent. My case was that it isn't alone. The idolater says the same thing. The drunkard, the fornicator, the covetous, the greedy, etc. I don't think the homosexual agenda/philosophy is unique on this point.

I do not deny that all of those other sins are out there, or that INDIVIDUALS justify them. But until there's a national society of liars, idolaters and the prideful with a planned out agenda, until those things are literally being pushed OPENLY and when even unbelievers have a problem with them...I stand by my point.

Epigone
06-09-2009, 06:24 PM
Homosexuality isnt the biggest sin out there! God's wrath will pour out on anyone who dosent repent and trust in Jesus Christ! one thing i cant stand is when we make homosexuality a bigger sin than what it already is..... ALL SIN IS EQUAL IN GOD's sight! its not just the homosexuals, but it will be liers, and thieves, and adulterers, and idolaters and ALL SINNERS! stop singling out gays and lesbians and focus on all the sins they commit as a whole.....:idea:
What I find though, is that nonbelievers are the ones who usually bring up the issue, at least in my experience. We may be simply talking about the gospel and out of left field will come something like Christianity is so intolerant against homosexuals" and from that a whole onslaught of questions about what my position is.

So it seems like it is the biggest issue for nonbelievers an that's why many times it gets such a huge focus because it goes along with what many people now worship which is "love" and they treat what they view as love as being god thus anything containing "love" must infallibly be good.

1Peter315
06-09-2009, 07:23 PM
I do not deny that all of those other sins are out there, or that INDIVIDUALS justify them. But until there's a national society of liars, idolaters and the prideful with a planned out agenda, until those things are literally being pushed OPENLY and when even unbelievers have a problem with them...I stand by my point.

correct me if im wrong eternal, but i think what he is saying is that there is a national society of liars, idolaters, and etc... It's just that these sins are more subtle than homosexuality but nevetheless just as lethal. You don't see a physical group named national society of idolaters but all you need to do is turn on the tv or radio. you'll then understand that all of these sins are being pushed openly.

Rikki
06-09-2009, 07:32 PM
I know what eternal is saying. I'm not talking about general sin that EVERYONE commits. I'm saying that this homosexuality thing is organized, well-financed and purposely being forced on people. Which is why it gets the most attention, because they keep it in the media.

Nobody has to push lying. Everybody lies. Nobody has to PUSH pride. Everybody is prideful in some way. Nobody has to PUSH idolatry. It's innate to our nature.

But to make homosexuality acceptable, it has to be PUSHED. EVERYBODY AIN'T A HOMOSEXUAL, NOR DOES EVERYONE APPROVE OF IT.