PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Fathers

DJ Links
10-20-2006, 10:55 AM
Have you said you love your son or your daughter today?

This morning while I was combing my son's hair and just because I said to him "I love you." I then went on to say "If you don't do good in school I will still love you, if you lie I will still love you, if you make a mistake I will still love you. I love you just because you are my son."

It made me feel good to say this to my son because I never heard my father say I love you to me. So dads if you haven't said I love you to your children today, tell them!!

Psalmist
10-20-2006, 10:58 AM
I tell him at least once a day....usually over 25 though...gotta newborn

ctide
10-20-2006, 11:01 AM
no doubt, lil dudes and lil shortys gotta feel loved by there dads

mothers define a child's sense of safty and a child's self image is formed by how the father sees them

thats why so much healing can come to a person when they see themself for who God sees em

my love for my 2 sons is indescribable... and God's love for us is so much deeper!!!

TrueConvert
10-20-2006, 11:11 AM
Yeah, I tell my chern I love em all the time! It's great too!!! I love em'!
And SE too!!! :)

djHeir
10-20-2006, 11:13 AM
When my son was born I told him that I loved him one time. If anything changes, I'll let him know...

Yeah right:rolleyes: I actually tell my kiddies that I love them several times a day. I do as much as I can to show them a father's love and how much they mean to me. It's crazy cause even in disciplining them, I still strive to be as Christ-like in my actions & words so that they grow to understand how that relationship is supposed to be.

Psalmist
10-20-2006, 01:19 PM
When my son was born I told him that I loved him one time. If anything changes, I'll let him know...
you hilarious family

ctide
10-20-2006, 01:31 PM

same here, with my wife also... i told her i love her when we got married ;)

Psalmist
10-20-2006, 01:33 PM
same here, with my wife also... i told her i love her when we got married ;)
you'll stupider than stupider

djHeir
10-20-2006, 02:01 PM
same here, with my wife also... i told her i love her when we got married ;)Actually I like to tell my wife "ditto" while we make pottery on our spinning wheel and listen to the Righteous Brothers...

Psalmist
10-20-2006, 02:43 PM
Actually I like to tell my wife "ditto" while we make pottery on our spinning wheel and listen to the Righteous Brothers...
man.....if my wife read about me agreeing w/ youll...even though it was in jest, I'd be in the dog house

lisajames96
10-20-2006, 03:49 PM
Actually I like to tell my wife "ditto" while we make pottery on our spinning wheel and listen to the Righteous Brothers...

http://smilieshq.com/smilies/happy0195.gif ...that was funny...this is a good thread.
Good to know you dads are showing the love.

I can't remember one time my dad saying "I love you". Although I knew it cause he was good to us. My mom never said it either(at least not after I was old enough to remember), until my dad died and she says it all the time now...and you know it feel wierd to hear her say it, like I dont know what to do. I have always had a tough time saying to people, except my little sister. Even to my hubby for a long time(never did the ditto thing...lol). But we say it to our children all the time now. SO much so, they will say it strangers they meet sometimes...lol...

desertwoman
10-20-2006, 03:56 PM
I was a weird one as a child. I didn't want to hear my folks or anyone say that they love me. It makes me feel odd, and grimy. We prefer....you aight.

tlr
10-22-2006, 09:41 AM
As fathers we must not just say we love our children but we must also show them love in action. They have got to see what love is. Anytime i start to get an attitude problem, the holy spirit just taps on the shoulder and say look at your children. They smile, call me dad, hug me, i see my wife in them and then God says that is how i love you. My attitude is adjusted back to love walk.

peace

savedbygracealone
10-22-2006, 10:10 AM
awwww *thumbs up* this thread is good stuff!!

lol@ghost reference... hahahahaha