PDA

View Full Version : hip hop or holy hip hop

tlr
10-19-2006, 12:19 PM
Hi folks

How can you tell what is just hip hop or hip hop which is christ centred?. i have listen to a few artistes who claim to be holy hip hop artistes but spiritually they trouble me. HELP ME OUT!!!!!!

TLR

Psalmist
10-19-2006, 03:00 PM
test the fruit....not all ministry will appeal to you, but all ministry will produce good fruit!

mr808
10-19-2006, 04:45 PM
test the fruit....not all ministry will appeal to you, but all ministry will produce good fruit!

word!

tlr
10-19-2006, 05:05 PM
i am not sure that i agree that all ministry will produce good fruit rather that right ministry will produce good fruit. also what about the fruit that will remain

simplyG
10-19-2006, 06:21 PM
Clones aren't necessarily fruit.

Tha God In Me
10-19-2006, 06:35 PM
....who claim to be holy hip hop artistes but spiritually they trouble me.

TLR

I think u answered your question right there.

eve
10-19-2006, 07:21 PM
Hi folks

How can you tell what is just hip hop or hip hop which is christ centred?. i have listen to a few artistes who claim to be holy hip hop artistes but spiritually they trouble me. HELP ME OUT!!!!!!

TLR

hey, fam.

i think you answered your own question.

music that is Christ centered, among other things, will:

* hold biblical scripture in it's proper context to highest esteem.
* check the Text first, then line up it to what they want to communicate in their songs (instead of coming up with a "good idea" and mushing the Text to fit in with their "good idea.")
* rhyme whatever they're going to rhyme with a biblical worldview.

after that, HHH is responsible to the artform to make sure it's quality by:

* being creative (big ups to sivion)
* making sure at least a couple of the beats last at least four bars before it loops! (i wanna hear some MUSIC y'all! big ups to vessels of mercy and amba's band he used at the DVD recording. reminds me of digible planets but 1,000 times better)
* rhymes that are clever
* delivery that keeps the person's individual style but clearly shows that person prctices his craft.

tlr
10-20-2006, 01:56 PM
you see you have to test all things by the spirit. So God spoke to me and made play all the music in the car with my children. Then he said listen to my children. Remember all the atistes in my car are hhh. My son then says to me 'Dad what are they singing about?'. That is when i start to get troubled, why because i am discerning what is spirit and sense led. My kids know exactly what is being said with some artistes while others they want me to fast forward or turn off. When i have unbelievers in my car, some say great beat and nothing about the message while others they sit uncomfortably at both the beat and the message.

I don't know where God is taking me with this by i know at least 30 hhh frontliners who make unbelievers bounce uncomfortable in the car. i know there are alot more out there we just got encourage them, build them up in prayer and support them.

Psalmist
10-20-2006, 02:46 PM
you see you have to test all things by the spirit. So God spoke to me and made play all the music in the car with my children. Then he said listen to my children. Remember all the atistes in my car are hhh. My son then says to me 'Dad what are they singing about?'. That is when i start to get troubled, why because i am discerning what is spirit and sense led. My kids know exactly what is being said with some artistes while others they want me to fast forward or turn off. When i have unbelievers in my car, some say great beat and nothing about the message while others they sit uncomfortably at both the beat and the message.

I don't know where God is taking me with this by i know at least 30 hhh frontliners who make unbelievers bounce uncomfortable in the car. i know there are alot more out there we just got encourage them, build them up in prayer and support them.
thats deep family. I'm beginning to feel more and more: if I wouldn't expose my seed to it, why am I exposing myself to it?

nar8ta
10-20-2006, 03:17 PM

Argree 100%

Disclaimer: Please Don't play any Royal Order Artists (Corey, P, Cel, Rigz, and Hak) to small kids, Please. Some thing are to hard for them.
Certain bible scrip I wouldn't read to my kids.

But lets not forget, all HHH artist don't spit the whole 66 books in one rhyme. Personnally I can't get with that, and most nonbelievers can't either!
Everyone has their nitch ministry wise. I look for a balance of salvation and addressing life's challanges. I like Hard Christ centered "riderman" music. If its mellow, I won't listen to it. I do realize that people like what they like and are at different levels. Some people eat meat, others milk, But as the long as Christ is with ya its all good.

In my Public speaking class, My professor stated "the audience only retains 10-25% of what they hear". "The message recieved is more important that the message intended".

My issue is when some HHH artist are in the public's eye and live a life contrary to the Gospel they preach. Drop the mic homie and come sit down with me in the pews. LOL

Being real, if they trouble you spiritually don't listen to it or buy it. Again Music is a choice, choose what you feel compelled to support.

Nar

tlr
10-22-2006, 09:45 AM
I hear all of that