PDA

View Full Version : hip hop issues

tlr
10-19-2006, 12:10 PM
Hi Folks

What the top issues that holy hip hop can address in our society today?

stay blessed

tlr

sonshine
10-19-2006, 12:11 PM
man basically abortion from a biblical and loving perspective, homosexuality from a loving and biblical perspective. also hypocricy in church and Loving people more

temper77016
10-19-2006, 12:58 PM
I have so many hip hop cds (Gospel) that address different types of issues that even four-year-old kids could understand. It's the basis of the teachings that makes touching on topics of sex, life, and spirituality approachable.

"Music has a way of getting people’s attention. It is the message behind the music that keeps the interest. Everyone can relate to having a problem, in which, they would consider listening to a certain song to help ease the pain. Generally, that song would be what they call today’s Gospel, “inspirational”. In some cases, the word “Gospel” would never cross the minds of today’s youth. If we were to change the sound of Gospel music, no one would recognize that it is Gospel. But after a while, the “tight” beats would begin to fade and the words would become encouragement for nearly everyone. Once they learn through this ministry what God has for them, then they’ll willingly accept Christ, whole-heartedly.

As Christian leaders, we are expected to teach God’s word; if that mission fails, we have to use the resources (“Holy” Hip-hop, etc.) that God provided for us. What we're trying to tell the youth who join this ministry is, it's okay to love hip-hop, but there is a limit when you serve God.

While secular music influences the world to do what makes you happy, the message we're sending is, do what makes God happy. When people notice the difference of progress in this ministry, more will become fascinated and they will furthermore want to experience God. The focus of this ministry is to get through to those who don’t understand ministry as well as those who don’t know God. Before we can teach ministry we must first grasp their minds. "

Written by Temper77016
A*K*A TempERance

tlr
10-19-2006, 02:03 PM
I have so many hip hop cds (Gospel) that address different types of issues that even four-year-old kids could understand. It's the basis of the teachings that makes touching on topics of sex, life, and spirituality approachable.

"Music has a way of getting people’s attention. It is the message behind the music that keeps the interest. Everyone can relate to having a problem, in which, they would consider listening to a certain song to help ease the pain. Generally, that song would be what they call today’s Gospel, “inspirational”. In some cases, the word “Gospel” would never cross the minds of today’s youth. If we were to change the sound of Gospel music, no one would recognize that it is Gospel. But after a while, the “tight” beats would begin to fade and the words would become encouragement for nearly everyone. Once they learn through this ministry what God has for them, then they’ll willingly accept Christ, whole-heartedly.

As Christian leaders, we are expected to teach God’s word; if that mission fails, we have to use the resources (“Holy” Hip-hop, etc.) that God provided for us. What we're trying to tell the youth who join this ministry is, it's okay to love hip-hop, but there is a limit when you serve God.

While secular music influences the world to do what makes you happy, the message we're sending is, do what makes God happy. When people notice the difference of progress in this ministry, more will become fascinated and they will furthermore want to experience God. The focus of this ministry is to get through to those who don’t understand ministry as well as those who don’t know God. Before we can teach ministry we must first grasp their minds. "

Written by Temper77016
A*K*A TempERance
Do we have to grab their attention first before ministry?

Psalmist
10-19-2006, 02:56 PM
I think the one that is overlooked too often is God's love......we too quick to talk about hell fire and brimstone and forget about God's immense love for us!

tlr
10-19-2006, 03:21 PM
I think the one that is overlooked too often is God's love......we too quick to talk about hell fire and brimstone and forget about God's immense love for us!

This is the message that we want to get across both to rappers and to the churches at large. Love them first, do not condem them, then we can move into repentance and forgiveness. Then the new creation, new person is born

tlr

temper77016
10-19-2006, 04:18 PM
Not necessarily, I was really trying to make the point about teaching ministry to the heathen or hell-bound soul. You don't have to grasp the mind of a person before you minister but you do when you are teaching ministry. For some cases, it is the total opposite. I am speaking based on knowledge and experience.;) And I agree with Psalmist. We do overlook the power of God's love. I have come across sooo many teens who hurt because no one takes the time out to love them. I use the method that Jesus birthed.

"Love them first and they will follow you. Teach them and they will respect you. Discipline is for the Father to do. Inspite of the wrong they do, unconditionally love them is what you do."

"While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8)

tlr
10-19-2006, 04:55 PM
is homosexuality a big issue for holy hip hop to tackle and if so how?

simplyG
10-19-2006, 06:14 PM
Doorags...

Psalmist
10-19-2006, 07:05 PM
Glad to see some saints still got their heads on straight!

eve
10-19-2006, 07:10 PM
* stereotypes and the fuility of judging folk by their exterior economic/racial/ethnic apearance.

* racial understanding, helping folk get past the past and assuptions people have about the racial/economic/cultural conclusions they reach (this is close to the first one).

* add on to flame's work (from his first album) on the harmful affects of television images and how our culture's t.v. presents entertainment that is inconsistent with biblical principles.

* political issues (such as the fact that people allow politicians to steer them based on the issue of abortion, but fail to see how unbiblical it is that folk who vote against abortion also vote for budget cuts for the poor).

* testimonies about the effectiveness of discipleship.

* a scriptural text exposition (similar to the way shai did "justified" on his album). we need MORE of those.

temper77016
10-20-2006, 12:02 AM
Homosexuality is a sensitive topic and should only be addressed by someone who has experienced it. I mean don't get me wrong, you can find ways to educate yourself on the subject; however, It's a whole other story when the very people who live this life approach you and begin to ask questions about God delivering you from the struggle. You don't want to get caught in that predicament. I for one have found myself in that situation but I was connected to someone who had received deliverance. You must be able to touch their hearts and let brotherly love continue. The effectual fervent prayer of the RIGHTEOUS availeth much.:)

dremarshall
10-20-2006, 12:08 AM
You speak with authority when you overcome a thing. I think HHH artist should speak what they have lived and overcame, that way we will hit every topic. This also will seperate us from the world, the world creates stories based on fiction. Jesus is true, so let's speak of His power in our life. If you ain't a thug it's OK to smile in your pics!! If you never sold drugs tell that story, stop trying to make your life more than it was. The dopest testimony I once heard was a girl say hey God kept me from all the things you went through. Being saved your whole life is just as cool as hustlin your whole life.

Shock~Therapy
10-20-2006, 12:16 AM
You speak with authority when you overcome a thing. I think HHH artist should speak what they have lived and overcame, that way we will hit every topic. This also will seperate us from the world, the world creates stories based on fiction. Jesus is true, so let's speak of His power in our life. If you ain't a thug it's OK to smile in your pics!! If you never sold drugs tell that story, stop trying to make your life more than it was. The dopest testimony I once heard was a girl say hey God kept me from all the things you went through. Being saved your whole life is just as cool as hustlin your whole life.
- Amen

"I ain't got no horror story/ God kept me in my youth, I give him all the glory// Thought my story wouldn't flow but now I know/ the blood of the lamb kept my soul, that's my testimony//" - Da T.r.u.t.h.