PDA

View Full Version : the NEW WITNESS/EVANGELISM thread (share ur stories)

clayfilms
10-19-2006, 10:47 AM
grace & peace saints....the purpose of this thread is for us to share our experiences that we've had sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with unbelievers and any tips and thinsg that god has shown us about evangelism...so that we can build up and edify one another...

i got 2 things..the 1st is this HILARIOUS VIDEO called the "Evangelism Linebacker"

http://www.sermonspice.com/videos/722/evangelism-linebac/

...the 2nd is a quote from R.A. Torrey about evangelism

"..the Spirit works in the world through the believers to whom He is sent. If we as believers realized the utter dependence of the world upon us for the Spirit's gracious work, would we not be more careful to see that the Spirit found in us an unobstructed channel? How slowly the world comes to know Jesus because of the unfaithfulness of the church."

djHeir
10-19-2006, 11:03 AM
Yes yes ya'll...and for all the newcomers to HCR come on and share your witnessing encounters/advice and/or learn from others as we build each other up to fulfill the great comission!

Quiet storm
10-19-2006, 11:04 AM
i got 2 things..the 1st is this HILARIOUS VIDEO called the "Evangelism Linebacker"

http://www.holycultureradio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10183 :)

courtney (c-dub)
10-19-2006, 11:54 AM
Hey Fam, may the Lord use this thread to his Glory and for his good.

Here is the first one I want to share, The Great Commission click here (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4798454957666839036&q=the+great+commission&hl=en) Not to be taken as an authorative defiinition, but just food for thought.

Knyce924
10-19-2006, 12:29 PM
Yea this is one of the threads we definitely had to start up again. It's a must-have! lol

Knyce924
10-19-2006, 12:32 PM
Hey Fam, may the Lord use this thread to his Glory and for his good.

Here is the first one I want to share Great Commision (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4798454957666839036&q=the+great+commission&hl=en) Not to be taken as an authorative defiinition, but just food for thought.

Hey guys, what is the origin of the Great Commision? Why do they call it that, who came up with it, what's it's history etc. I always hear 'yea the Great commision' I know what it says and is called for but I dont know about it. Just wondering. thanks :)

shekinahsmoke
10-19-2006, 12:33 PM
matt 28:19.

thankfull
10-19-2006, 01:02 PM
Preachers Launch Street 'Invasions' (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/16/AR2006101600319.html)

DALLAS -- The city of Dallas is being invaded, by a group of nearly 500 street preachers spreading the word....

eyesofphaith
10-19-2006, 01:09 PM
grace & peace saints....the purpose of this thread is for us to share our experiences that we've had sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with unbelievers and any tips and thinsg that god has shown us about evangelism...so that we can build up and edify one another...

...the 2nd is a quote from R.A. Torrey about evangelism

"..the Spirit works in the world through the believers to whom He is sent. If we as believers realized the utter dependence of the world upon us for the Spirit's gracious work, would we not be more careful to see that the Spirit found in us an unobstructed channel? How slowly the world comes to know Jesus because of the unfaithfulness of the church."

Tips??? hmmm just put up a new thread with a good tip check it out

clayfilms
10-19-2006, 02:29 PM
THIS IS A DOPE TIP FROM EYESOFPHAITH:

Bangin way to Witness to you classmates
If your school uses blackboard and each of your professors do, you have acess to the email of all your classmates.

Therefore if you are introvert as some of you are ( me I am sometimes, sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes I don't. ooops tangent) Anyway if you are you can send them an email with an attachment of whatever God lays on your heart to tell them. The message they do read can just alert them that you have an attachment that is a spiritual invitation and of course they can have a look or feel free to delete without opening the attachment.

PRAISE GOD!!!! NOW GET BUSY!!!

Knyce924
10-21-2006, 06:56 PM
I need prayer yall. Plz pray for me, for the courage, zeal, & wisdom to share my faith with cats around campus. Its not an issue of pride or laziness. (At least like 5times in the past 2days i've stuffed my pockets with gospel tracts and walked around campus with this very intention. )

Ive read all the books, ive peeped all tha WOTM, ive even taken notes on exactly how Id go about witnessing and put them on my iPod(I always have my ipod on me). So I'd appreciate the prayer, as my heart aches for the lost. payce

btw this was a pretty good tip.

THIS IS A DOPE TIP FROM EYESOFPHAITH:

courtney (c-dub)
10-22-2006, 03:10 PM
Which one would you agree is biblical?:

Rob Bell: First Click here (http://tinyurl.com/w6bc3)

or

Todd Friel: Sec. Click here (http://reformedevangelist.com/?p=220)

What are your thoughts?

shekinahsmoke
10-22-2006, 09:39 PM
Well there were more but I have a special prayer request for two that I led in prayer after they came to Christ.

Becky - Her mother recently passed and her grandmother is now in the hospital. Please keep her family lifted.

LaJear - Brother from a close neighborhood in the area. His wife got saved as well tonight. Please keep them in prayer that they grow in holiness and keep them covered in A WHOLE BUNCH of prayer. Im going to contact the brother this weekend again and introduce him to Brinson and the fam ;)

Also for a little girl who's 12 years old. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE pray for her that she becomes a light amongst her friends. We all know that school is way worse now than it was when we (or maybe I should say I) was growing up. MANY TEMPTATIONS OUT THERE, PLEASE PRAY FOR HER.

MORE TO REPORT AND MORE NAMES TO KEEP LIFTED.

Justin - Met him at Walmart. He was cussing up a storm. I didnt even go there. I handed him a gospel tract and told him it was part of my testimony. He looked surprised. I asked him what his name was and told him "God Bless". Keep him in prayer. He's a younger rocker type axegrind 360 spin skateboard Tony Hawk XGames type dude.. LOL. And I still love him the same. :)

Frank - clean cut dude from the Westside. Reminds me kinda of myself. Educated guy but from ... uhh "da gutter". :) He got saved Friday night I do believe. Great guy. Im hoping to build a relationship with him.

Bobby - He's saved and but has been having some hateful thoughts about his ex. Please pray for him.

clayfilms
10-22-2006, 11:36 PM
MORE TO REPORT AND MORE NAMES TO KEEP LIFTED.
Justin - Met him at Walmart. He was cussing up a storm. I didnt even go there. I handed him a gospel tract and told him it was part of my testimony. He looked surprised. I asked him what his name was and told him "God Bless". Keep him in prayer. He's a younger rocker type axegrind 360 spin skateboard Tony Hawk XGames type dude.. LOL. And I still love him the same. :)

Frank - clean cut dude from the Westside. Reminds me kinda of myself. Educated guy but from ... uhh "da gutter". :) He got saved Friday night I do believe. Great guy. Im hoping to build a relationship with him.

Bobby - He's saved and but has been having some hateful thoughts about his ex. Please pray for him.

i'll be praying smokie..for you and for bobby, frank, justin, becky, lajear and the little girl...

also..please pray for my cousin shanda and her boyfriend raj..they were in nyc this weekend for my grandfather's 80th birthday party..i've been witnessing to her as the Lord leads me over the past year and she has alot of issues with the exclusive claims of Jesus Christ being the only way to God.but praise God that this weekend I was able to give her a copy of "Jesus among other Gods" by Ravi Zacharias and my brother also got to share with her and her boyfriend...please keep them lifted..and keep pressing saints!!

clayfilms
10-22-2006, 11:38 PM
Which one would you agree is biblical?:

Rob Bell: First Click here (http://tinyurl.com/w6bc3)

or

Todd Friel: Sec. Click here (http://reformedevangelist.com/?p=220)

What are your thoughts?

i'll just say that i'm really glad that i never met rob bell when i was dead in my sins..i'd probably still be dead.:eek: :eek:

shekinahsmoke
10-23-2006, 06:32 AM
Will certainly keep rhanda and raj lifted. I just sent up a prayer. :)

clayfilms
10-23-2006, 11:22 PM
MINISTERING THE GOSPEL TO THE MUSLIM WORLD
A Special Seminar with Samy Tanagho

Saturday, November 4th, 2006
9:00am - noon
Calvary Chapel Old Bridge, NJ

All those that interact with and have a burden for Muslims are encouraged to join special guest Samy Tanagho at Calvary Chapel Old Bridge as he explains how to share the Gospel message with the Muslim world.

This unique workshop will provide you with the biblical foundation for cross-cultural evangelism and answers from God's Word to questions commonly asked by Muslims. Participants will also learn how to respond to objections and arguments used by Muslims who debate the truth of Christianity.

Samy has traveled throughout the world sharing his knowledge & passion for reaching Muslims with Christ's love. He has ministered to the Muslim world for over 30 years and his internationally published book, Glad News! God Loves You My Muslim Friend, is a powerful evangelistic tool for those seeking to penetrate the Muslim's heart and mind with the Gospel.

Samy's wife, Hala, will also join us to share her story of imprisonment in Egypt for converting from Islam to Christianity.

djHeir
10-24-2006, 09:53 AM
Thats it...I'm moving!!!!!

Are you goin sis?

shekinahsmoke
10-25-2006, 12:21 PM
MORE NAMES FROM THE JUDGMENT HOUSE TO KEEP LIFTED!

Alexander - Could not define what sin was and who God is biblically. I went on to inform him and pray for him. He's a young kid (highschooler) Pray for him that he becomes an outward witness to God's glory.

Jacob - Another Youngster. Churched Kid. What's odd is he COULD define what sin was and why he trusts in Christ. Pray for him as well. I think he's ready for the streets :p

Keith - It's kids day! Lil one who has been in the church program. He's making a commitment to Christ EARLY. I'm thinking he's like 5th grade. Keep him in your prayers. I pray that his parents and the church nurtures him.

Jason - Older guy. New Recruit! Keep him in your prayers that he feeds on God's Word. He's married too. Keep his family lifted. I'm very sure he understands his salvation. ;)

Kateland and Sheryl - Why is that the younger of the two understood what sin was rather than the older??? And this is like 3rd graders lol. Keep them in your prayers. I pray that they won't lose their youth but will still glorify God in their behavior and obedience to their parents.

James Reed - Bad News... rejection of the gospel. Pray for his salvation. If he's elect, may God help him.

clayfilms
10-31-2006, 11:46 AM
Thats it...I'm moving!!!!!

Are you goin sis?

nah ..i'm not going to make it..but i know that brother courtney and maybe a few others who frequent this board will be going and will providing a detailed report..**hint**hint**

clayfilms
10-31-2006, 11:48 AM
MORE NAMES FROM THE JUDGMENT HOUSE TO KEEP LIFTED!

Alexander - Could not define what sin was and who God is biblically. I went on to inform him and pray for him. He's a young kid (highschooler) Pray for him that he becomes an outward witness to God's glory.

Jacob - Another Youngster. Churched Kid. What's odd is he COULD define what sin was and why he trusts in Christ. Pray for him as well. I think he's ready for the streets :p

Keith - It's kids day! Lil one who has been in the church program. He's making a commitment to Christ EARLY. I'm thinking he's like 5th grade. Keep him in your prayers. I pray that his parents and the church nurtures him.

Jason - Older guy. New Recruit! Keep him in your prayers that he feeds on God's Word. He's married too. Keep his family lifted. I'm very sure he understands his salvation. ;)

Kateland and Sheryl - Why is that the younger of the two understood what sin was rather than the older??? And this is like 3rd graders lol. Keep them in your prayers. I pray that they won't lose their youth but will still glorify God in their behavior and obedience to their parents.

James Reed - Bad News... rejection of the gospel. Pray for his salvation. If he's elect, may God help him.

praying for the Holy Spirit to work in the lives of all of these folks...

keep pressing smokie!!

clayfilms
10-31-2006, 11:50 AM
i've been freelancing at a new gig for the last week and i gave a tract to a friendly security guard last week..i'll be following up with her today..please pray..

courtney (c-dub)
10-31-2006, 02:02 PM
nah ..i'm not going to make it..but i know that brother courtney and maybe a few others who frequent this board will be going and will providing a detailed report..**hint**hint**

No Problem sis, I'm sure you will get a thorough write up on the whole deal.

now I have something to share. It is called the " Martyrs of the Catacombs: A Tale of Ancient Rome click here (http://www.ccel.org/ccel/anonymous/catacombs/mp3/) and listen.
Warning: you may feel a strong need to cry.

clayfilms
11-05-2006, 09:10 PM
...bump

shekinahsmoke
11-05-2006, 09:41 PM
OOOPS :)

Me and Invisible Man hit the Florida/Georgia festivities two weekends back. (Big Event in Jacksonville). Pray for Chuck, Brandon, Keith and (names I cant remember or werent told)

1. Guy waiting for the Bus who was Catholic, relying on Mary for his salvation

2. A Presbyterian who questioned Jesus' divinty and holiness:eek:

3. Two females who said they were Christian and didnt have time to talk to us.. lol

4. AND A DUDE WHO LITERALLY TORE UP MY TRACT! MERCY! :eek:

There were a few others who I passed out tracts to and talked to.. keep everyone lifted.

clayfilms
11-05-2006, 09:46 PM
OOOPS :)
Me and Invisible Man hit the Florida/Georgia festivities two weekends back. (Big Event in Jacksonville). Pray for Chuck, Brandon, Keith and (names I cant remember or werent told)
There were a few others who I passed out tracts to and talked to.. keep everyone lifted.

hey smokie it was great to finally meet you this weekend...you encouraged me..know that i'm praying for you

fyi-pray for a chick named kiauna that i got to share with in the airport coming back to ny..she's saved and is looking for a solid church home in florida...

shekinahsmoke
11-05-2006, 09:51 PM
fyi-pray for a chick named kiauna that i got to share with in the airport coming back to ny..she's saved and is looking for a solid church home in florida...

Good stuff .. I just sent one up for her. Is she in the Tampa area.
she can go here: http://churchsearch2.9marks.org/ :)

oh and thanks for praying for a brother. I was very glad to meet you too finally :)

clayfilms
11-13-2006, 11:17 AM
the ted haggard incident has opened up a pretty heated convo myself and a bunch of my friends who are all unsaved and who some are homsexuals...the last bit of the convo ended like this (SEE BELOW)..long story short these guys are getting together for dinner tonight and i had decided not to go...but now i wondering if i should go and see God can use the situation (and lil ole me) for his glory....please pray...

EMAIL SENT TO ME BY UNSAVED FRIEND #1
On Nov 9, 2006, at 6:34 AM, ***** wrote:

<handin' mKw my church fan...makin' my way to the front of the church>

Yolanda, let me say this. You know I love ya and we go back like Pimp Canes and Purple Gators...but honey, stop.

I sign on to the BHG listservfor fun, for discussion, for debate about anything-sometimes about serious issues, yes. Some of you, I've never even met in person, but I truly enjoy laughin' and kee-keein' with you fools every day about the issues of the moment....

But seriously, Yolanda. Every time you make a comment - it feels like we're all being chastised, or taught... and you absolutely come across as Holier than thou - or at least Holier than the rest of us. And I can only speak for myself when I say that God knows my heart and knows what I've been through - and HE himself doesn't make me feel like that, so I no man/woman on earth will ever make me feel like that.

I'm not offended at all - and I do welcome whatever you have to say - as you are a member of the group, just like everyone else. BUT I can't help but say that I am often annoyed, because when we're all commenting, debating, whatever - WE seem to be coming from a place of fun, friendship and good-spirited debate, whereas I feel like you are coming from a place of Fire & Brimstone and 'Save Your Dirty Souls, Sinners!' And THAT's the part I can't get with - as when I recall rollin' down Jamaica Ave smokin' blunts and sippin' yak in my backslidin' day...I recall you being right there with me.

I say all of that to say this: Honey, we get it. You are cuckoo for Jesus. (Not trying to be funny, I swear). And I couldn't be happier for you. I love Him, too. But we - or at least I just don't want it thrown in my face in every post.

I truly hope I haven't offended you - and I don't know if anyone else has felt the same way - that's why I addressed this to everyone, instead of just you. But it's something that I feel just needed to be said...

MY RESPONSE
On 11/9/06, clayinhishands@mac.com <clayinhishands@mac.com > wrote:
no doubt *****..i'm really sorry that you feel that way and I apologize for offending you and anyone else. I love you all (especially those of yall that I've actually had a chance to meet) and really enjoy the different things that I learn by reading most of the emails.

on the real-emails aren't the best way to try and dialogue because the intent of the person behind the words can be misconstrued and perceived in a manner that was never intended.--i'm sorry that you felt like you were being "chastised and taught" by my expressing sadness for ted haggard and comparing his downfall and shortcomings to my own..(as well as ALL of my other emails)..i really never meant to make you feel that way and again I apologize.

HERES WHAT I SAID
really don't have much to say about this entire thing except that my heart goes out to this man's poor wife, children and congregation...i'm also moved to pray for the man who exposed the secret life of this pastor...the minister who made the comments about pastor haggard's wife is an idiot and on the real this entire case just shows how crucial it is for believers to be accountable and how destructive sin really is...i dunno...this whole thing just makes me grateful for the forgiveness of God for my own sins--i doubt if i'd ever be able to show my face if my private shortcomings, failures and secrets were exposed to the world..

HERE'S WHAT YOU SAID:
****...ya'll betta go ahead and PREACH.
The main ones hollerin' the name of Jesus the loudest are the ones fighting their own homosexual feelings the strongest. I really believe that. People need to live and let live. Respect other people's right to live their lives their own way. As a Christian, you - we - are not going to convert everybody - and we're not meant to do so. Life is hard enough without the Over Zealous Christian Cheerleading Squad running around trying to check everybody and comment on the next man's shortcomings. That's why there's a significant amount of people who do identify themselves as Christians, but rarely bother to go to church. The judgement is overwhelming. Lastly, I won't even comment on these mega-churches and the corruption that lies therein. Creflo, TD Jakes, none of them get dime the first from me...

I honestly don't think i'm better than anyone. Actually I'm almost positive that you guys are all more patient and more loving than I am...and it's my knowledge of how foul I am apart from the righteousness of Jesus Christ that makes me cling to Him even more. It is only by the grace of God that I'm am saved from the just judgement that I deserve from God. I didn't do anything to deserve the relationship that I have with God...everything that I did merited an eternal death apart from him, but thank God for grace.

more than anything this entire thread has taught me a few things- one i need to spend alot less time online and more on my knees also..I've learned that philosophically you can believe anything, so long as you do not claim it to be true. Morally you can practice anything, so long as you do not claim it's a "better" way. And religiously, you can hold to anything, so long as you do not bring Jesus Christ into it.

i could say alot more but I won't and on that note--if anyone would like to speak to me this topic any further in person or on the phone..i'd be more than glad to build wit you... but i'll take **** advice and stop doing the email back and forth thing as it's not very fruitful

be blessed!!

UNSAVED FRIEND #2 RESPONSE TO ME
Yolanda, you know some people, esp ****, have more colorful ways of expressing themselves than the average person. I wouldn't take offense to this and I KNOW you of all people, do not. Religion, beliefs, spirituality... you know it can bring people together as well as put them at odds... and yeah, some people just don't wanna hear it. I personally, don't ever mind a good debate although I agree that e-mail isn't the best venue for this one just because I find it difficult to put my thoughts on it into writing... it's a hard enough topic just talking about. With that said... I'd LOVE to continue our convo.

naijagirl
11-13-2006, 11:28 AM
*praying*

I'll post more when I get back from class.

Shock~Therapy
11-13-2006, 11:34 AM
clay-
There was absolutely nothing wrong with the way you presented yourself and you did not come off as "holier than thou" as your unsaved friend stated. Your friend was in fact the one seeming to be condescending in his response towards you and christians in general. That could be in part due to your friend rebelling against the conviction of God. Your friend could be "offended" because of your stance for Christ, because it shows that person's own faults. I saw no need for you to apologize in your statement.

P.S. I would never put my phone # on an internet forum for public viewing because you may receive many unwanted and unwarranted calls. - just some advice.

djHeir
11-13-2006, 11:44 AM
wow sis, sounds like God truly has you in the midst of a very intersting battleground. I agree with Shock, while I totally understand and commend your appology for being offensive (i would have appologized too!), I don't think there was anything about you personally that was offensive. It's so amazing to me how many un-saved people preach about how Christians are always passing judgement and trying to convert everyone else when they're sitting there doing the exact same thing. We say, "repent, and put your trust in Christ", while they say, "you should just be accepting like we are and let everyone live their own lives". Who's converting who here????

Crazy, but I'll definitely keep praying for you and those you are witnessing to.

naijagirl
11-13-2006, 01:40 PM
Back, and still praying. I have 30 minutes or so before class, so I'll make this quick.

My roommate will NOT speak to me. Her ex-roommate, one of my acquaintances, told me she did the same to her. So, I slipped 2 Spurgeon tracts under the door, and she put them on the table. So I take one and keep it, and the second one has been on the table for days now. I'm tempted to put it on her desk, but I know she'll put it back on the table. Well, pray for her regardless of her reading the tract or not. She reads devotions and all, but the fruit is not there...plus on the phone she always says she hates being single and is currently with some guy and they spend hours in the dorm room under the covers together :( ...
Her name is Samona.

On another note, a suitemate put one Spurgeon tract I had dropped around on her bulletin board. It makes me laugh everytime I see it - there are some Gospel supporters around.

Peace!

Jason718
11-13-2006, 10:24 PM
My cousin had an extra ticket to the wizards/nets game today and she invited me out.

Rather than leave my church in dc to drive back up to baltimore only to have to drive back down to dc, I decided to stay down in dc for 4 hours until the game (got into dc city from my church at 2, the game started at 6)

The bad:
- I spent $11 on a meager portion of chicken and broccoli (in garlic sauce...it's the truth when cooked right). Their "Lunch special $3.90" sign was enticing, but it was a ruse to shake me down for the other $7.

- It got much colder than the forecasted 60...and I was underdressed. I hope I don't get sick or anything.

The good:

- I got to get a lot of reading done at a starbucks ("chosen by God" by RC Sproul)
- I had the most amazing opportunity to share my faith with this girl that sat down next to me in the starbucks.

When she sat down next to me my breathing got heavy. I felt like there was a weight sitting at the bottom of my stomach. Just an all around "not normal" feeling. I felt a strong compulsion to talk to her. Without a doubt it was a compelling from the Holy Spirit to talk to her girl about the matters of God. She was raised in the church, but had a problem with the concept of there being a God as described by the Bible. I'm thankful that God used me to clearly convey the gospel and to have genuine conversation with her about some of her deep concerns. Prayerfully seeds were sewn that will ultimately draw her into a love relationship with Christ. Prayerfully God will work on her heart and allow her to see her sinful nature and her need for a savior. Prayerfully she will fall in love with God as the eternal satisfaction of her soul. I asked all these things in Jesus' name, so...yeah...that was a my prayer. Her name is claire.

-The nets won in OT...Vince Carter is an absolute beast. Jason Kidd is also the truth. I may not have a voice tomorrow because of my screaming.

to bed I go. God is awesome.

shekinahsmoke
11-14-2006, 05:29 AM
My cousin had an extra ticket to the wizards/nets game today and she invited me out.

Rather than leave my church in dc to drive back up to baltimore only to have to drive back down to dc, I decided to stay down in dc for 4 hours until the game (got into dc city from my church at 2, the game started at 6)

The bad:
- I spent $11 on a meager portion of chicken and broccoli (in garlic sauce...it's the truth when cooked right). Their "Lunch special $3.90" sign was enticing, but it was a ruse to shake me down for the other $7.

- It got much colder than the forecasted 60...and I was underdressed. I hope I don't get sick or anything.

The good:

- I got to get a lot of reading done at a starbucks ("chosen by God" by RC Sproul)
- I had the most amazing opportunity to share my faith with this girl that sat down next to me in the starbucks.

When she sat down next to me my breathing got heavy. I felt like there was a weight sitting at the bottom of my stomach. Just an all around "not normal" feeling. I felt a strong compulsion to talk to her. Without a doubt it was a compelling from the Holy Spirit to talk to her girl about the matters of God. She was raised in the church, but had a problem with the concept of there being a God as described by the Bible. I'm thankful that God used me to clearly convey the gospel and to have genuine conversation with her about some of her deep concerns. Prayerfully seeds were sewn that will ultimately draw her into a love relationship with Christ. Prayerfully God will work on her heart and allow her to see her sinful nature and her need for a savior. Prayerfully she will fall in love with God as the eternal satisfaction of her soul. I asked all these things in Jesus' name, so...yeah...that was a my prayer. Her name is claire.

-The nets won in OT...Vince Carter is an absolute beast. Jason Kidd is also the truth. I may not have a voice tomorrow because of my screaming.

to bed I go. God is awesome.

Im certainly in agreement wit your prayer. I like the way you post. Are you a writer/novelist? :D

clayfilms
11-14-2006, 07:28 PM
i just came across this as I was reading 2 Chronicles 36

2Ch 36:9 Jehoiachin was eight years old when he became king, and he reigned three months and ten days in Jerusalem. He did what was evil in the sight of the LORD.

when I'm speaking to unbelievers about God, I try to explain to them the infinite holiness and goodness of God's moral character and then get into how our "goodness" compares to God's nature...and usually they bring up little kids and babies and ask how God could judge little kids as sinners??..i know there's a scripture somewhere in the book of psalms that speaks on "total depravity from the womb" i can just never seem to find it..but looky here in the OT here it is..

the flip side is i find that little children are much more receptive to the gospel than adults..thank you Holy Spirit!!

shekinahsmoke
11-14-2006, 08:18 PM
wow. thats amazing Yolanda. I never seen that before. I usually try to explain it by behavior and disobedience. oh, and, guarding that I get over this cold, I will be open air preaching for the first time this weekend. *:S* nerves... :eek:

StreetSermonz
11-14-2006, 08:29 PM
wow. thats amazing Yolanda. I never seen that before. I usually try to explain it by behavior and disobedience. oh, and, guarding that I get over this cold, I will be open air preaching for the first time this weekend. *:S* nerves... :eek:
word up! I'll keep you lifted fam, I wish I was able to accompany you, I really want to do that one day!

clayfilms
11-14-2006, 10:24 PM

that's great otis!! i'll be praying for you!!

StreetSermonz
11-14-2006, 10:30 PM
that's great otis!! i'll be praying for you!!
Yolanda - just to clarify, I'm Otis. Shekinah Smoke is Rodney. :o

clayfilms
11-14-2006, 10:58 PM
Yolanda - just to clarify, I'm Otis. Shekinah Smoke is Rodney. :o

i'm sorry rodney....i said it right in the prayer tho...LOL:)

i'm so excited for you!! what a joy to serve God and to be brought into to a closer and more intimate relationship with him as a result of drawing near to Him in the worship that is obedience!! YEE HAA!!!:)

joseph29
11-14-2006, 11:23 PM
I wanna share with you a story of the 1st time i realized the true power of God, and how when christians unite; there's very little that can stand in our way.

Well A couple of years ago I used to go to this bible study on Friday nights in trenton NJ. One night we were dropping this dude off, and he was talking about how he still feels the need to smoke and drink. Well when we got to the house all 5 of us were talking to him in front of his apartment and we decided to pray for him.
Now where we were was the straight hood; i mean drug dealers on the courners, prostitures, crack heads, you name it. But we just closed up in a circle and my boy led the prayer. And dude got into it and kept getting louder and louder; at first i thought he should keep it down; but I felt it was in God's will. Anyway after the prayer when i opened my eyes it looked like a different street. It was like God just cleaned that joint up with some chloride, cuz all the drug dealers and prostitutes were gone; and u didn't even hear the police sirens anymore.
Even the cats in the apartments above us started asking about God and what it really means to be a christian.I mean i wish there was a way to describe how drastic the change was.

shekinahsmoke
11-15-2006, 05:29 AM
i'm so excited for you!! what a joy to serve God and to be brought into to a closer and more intimate relationship with him as a result of drawing near to Him in the worship that is obedience!! YEE HAA!!!:)

BLAOW!

As I look back on my walk, when I first got the light of Christ, I knew I was a sinner from being Catholic growing up. I dont want to go into the details of why I went wandering searching for the truth, but after coming to Christ all I wanted to do was OBEY. This was before any indepth scriptural theological super etc. etc. All I knew was JOHN 14:6. thass it. I was like, "MY SEARCH FOR THE TRUTH IS OVER!! :eek: :eek: " Somebody was bold enough to make an exclusive absolute claim --> ONE WAY TO GOD. the works followed it. Ive kinda cooled down from my "insanity" (not really as you can see, *scratches my back and :D*) but Im still kinda scarred from my experience wit my last church. I ask God "WHY OH WHY DID I HAVE TO GO THROUGH THAT ????? :( " who knows, I just want to presevere and OBEY.

I mean i wish there was a way to describe how drastic the change was.

the realest thing is that prayer is most effective. you really turn everything over to God and He does His work and gets the MOST glory. amen. Im hopin everything stayed changed.

lisajames96
11-17-2006, 03:52 PM
my fellow witnessing folks, what do yall think about passing out these when you talk to folk? http://www.evangecube.org/epen.html

good, corny?...we are thinking of buying some in a few months...

shekinahsmoke
11-17-2006, 04:39 PM
Lisa, you are to use the evangecubes to do 2 things:

1. Show people the message of the gospel. (you keep the cube, but you can givem away too :))

2. To teach believers how to communicate the gospel.

I have one myself. Its very effective. *BIG THUMBS UP* In fact we used the evangecube during JUDGMENT HOUSE. :D

clayfilms
11-21-2006, 05:49 PM
this past saturday went out with the nj/nyc gnn contingency to staten island to share the gospel, pray for folk...

it was cold. real cold. that said God did his thing yet again. for most of the day i was with brother joe cozzolli, courtney (c-dub) and terrence (sincere the problem)..we sang a hymn or two, engaged in open air preaching and got to share with what ever folk that God placed by the bus stop (strategically in front of a porno shop) that we were at....

the highlight of the day came for me when we decided to head on to the staten island train system and came across three 11 year old boys who were on thier way to thier grandmothers house..suffice to say that we spent about 25 minutes engaging those little guys..they had so many honest questions that we took turns answering and I have to say that I am overwhelmed at how receptive little kids are to the gospel when it's explained to them...by the end of our talk they prayed with us and we sent them on thier way...

something i learned:

1. take the time to just TALK to folk (don't just jump into a 3 point sermon about the depravity of man)..i gave a woman a tract and then just watched as she listened to brother courtney preach...i could sense that she had some questions, but i let her approach me and she did. she started asking me questions about divorce and sin and then started telling me about her husband who had just left her to raise 2 kids...i listened to her and then offered to pray with her...she just wanted a person to talk to...

djHeir
11-21-2006, 05:54 PM
Clay,

It's amazing how your posts are always so bitter/sweat for me.....

They're bitter (definitely not in a bad way) cause I know that I could do more to get out and witness but I don't. Plus I'm like, "man let's pack up the kids and move to tha east coast so we can get it in with some saints who hit the streets constantly!!!".

They're sweet cause they truly fill my heart with joy and give me so much encouragement. Plus it's good to know that there are people out there receiving the gospel.

Seriously though, I will be praying for those you encountered and that God would continue to provide you guys with opportunities. Thanks for sharing sis!

clayfilms
11-22-2006, 05:46 PM
Seriously though, I will be praying for those you encountered and that God would continue to provide you guys with opportunities. Thanks for sharing sis!

yo man..thanks so much for the prayers and the encouragement..we need it...i'm just so happy that there are cats who are out everyday on their jobs, on the train, bus at the mall, the grocery store etc.. who are sharing thier faith that may not post on this board that are in need of all of our prayer...

on the real man...after i started reading up at the voice of the martys website i got convicted about the awesome oppy and freedom that i have by being an american to share my faith but my apathy at wanting to do it.. when i read about men, women and children overseas who are witnessing to and praying for folk who are scheming on blowing up thier churches and praying for thir prison guards as they are imprisoned i get inspired..i'll be praying for God to open up some doors in your immediate sphere of influence for you to share his glorious gospel. He'll do it if you ask Him! :)

be blessed

we'll be out on friday again "shivering for the gospel"..tryna holler at some of those holiday shoppers.. =)

djHeir
11-22-2006, 11:32 PM
Okay, so I got off work a little early (even though I was still the last one to leave) and decided to go to Guitar Center before I picked my wife up. So I'm getting out of the car and I take a second to pray that God would open the door for me to witness to someone while there. I grabbed a couple of million dollar tracts and put them in my back left pocket (they kinda stuck out a little bit cause I didn't fold them).

So I get in and play with the turntables for a second. I go into the speakers room and notice this cat kinda walkin around waiting. So I left out and came back in the room and decided to kick off a convo. He told me how he was a piano player and that he played jazz & r&b, and also played for three different churches. I noticed that his language was peppered with the n-word and with a few mild curse words. Eventually I ask if he was a member of any of the churches that he played at, to which he said no. I then asked if he was born again and he said that he was, even gave me the exact date and day of the week. In short, his testimony was that he was a church, they watched a video on the rapture, he and his friends got scared so they decided to come down to the prayer line. After that, they had a "tarry service" at which he received Christ and started speaking in tongues.

I let him talk alot and then asked him how I could get to heaven if I walked up to him with a knife in my back and three minutes live. His answer was that I had to believe that Jesus is Christ. I then took him through the good person test but I was so frustrated cause halfway through our convo, the salesman that he was waiting on came back in and started helping him. He told me to hold tight and I did for a few minutes but then I realized that I had to bounce to pick up my wife. I went and told him that I had to run and to think about what we were talkin about.

NOW HERE'S THE AWESOME PART FAM!!!!!!!

When I realized that I had to bounce, I decided that I would give old boy a tract before I left. So I reach into my back left pocket and feel the inside of my pocket kinda hanging out. I dug a little deeper and what did I find? ABSOLUTELY NOTHIN FAM!!!! I can't be 100% sure, but I am almost certain that somone picked my pocket for a million dollar tract that they thought was real money. HOW CRAZY IS THAT FAM!!!!! It's wild cause I immediately started smiling and as I left, I prayed that God would use those tracts to save the person that may or may not have stole them from me.

I mean seriously, could you imagine someone's testimony being that they tried to steal money from somebody and it turned out to be the Gospel that drove them to repentance and faith?

I was so excited as I left cause I had, for the first time in my life, been pickpocketed.....AND THEY STOLE THA GOSPEL FAM!!!!!!

Just had to hop on here tonight and share this....God bless!

thankfull
11-23-2006, 08:34 AM
Thanks Yolanda and DJ Heir for sharing your testimonies with us.

I know if I was living in NY or near there, I'd be out there with ya'll. :p

The DC peeps are supposed to be going out on Saturday. I get a little fearful (you know where that comes from!), so please pray for me that I will not let fear cause me to shrink away from going out.

Does anyone know where I can get some christmas themed tracts, but it has the gospel message clearly? I want to put some in some christmas cards I will be handing out to some of my co-workers.

shekinahsmoke
11-23-2006, 10:24 AM
I mean seriously, could you imagine someone's testimony being that they tried to steal money from somebody and it turned out to be the Gospel that drove them to repentance and faith?

I was so excited as I left cause I had, for the first time in my life, been pickpocketed.....AND THEY STOLE THA GOSPEL FAM!!!!!!

Just had to hop on here tonight and share this....God bless!

oooooooooooooooooohhh!!! WILL BE PRAYING SON! GLORY TO GOD ON THAT! :)

clayfilms
11-26-2006, 10:05 PM
THIS POST WAS LIFTED FROM THE BLOG OF "JASON718"...EnJOY!!!

Black Friday

http://x68.xanga.com/6e30123639c3591356029/m15491978.jpg

The OFFICIAL start of the "holiday" season.

I remember getting upset last year about people taking Christ out of christmas. This year, I'm seeing the issue more clearly through my spiritual eyes.

I'm looking past the stores that put up signs that say "Happy Holidays". I'm looking past the "Holiday Specials" on TV. I'm looking past the materialism and covetousness that abounds. The HEART of the issue IS NOT that we need to force reverence for and acknowledgement of God.

The heart of the issue is that we need to preach Christ so that people can be saved.

Apart from God, people will only make their sinfulness manifest through their actions. So what else should christians expect from the unsaved but irreverence? Are you surprised that people on the fast track to hell don't care about reverencing God? THE ONLY THING THAT THEY ARE CAPABLE OF IS SIN.

EVERY SINGLE ACTION IS SINFUL.

EVERY BREATH. It is by the grace of God that they breathe...the very God that they deny.
EVERY "GOOD" DEED. It is by the grace of God that they do "good acts" to others...the very God that they deny.

Romans 3:9-11 (3:9-18 for the full effect):

"There is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands, no one who seeks God. All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one."

This is why it's important for us to share our faith. Faith comes through hearing.

On black friday, my sister and two of her friends went out to downtown brooklyn (fulton mall) to do some witnessing. It was great. We had the opportunity to have sooo many extended conversations. We also passed out mucho gospel tracts. My sisters friends also did some "open air" preaching...so yes, we were "those people" yesterday. Prayerfully, God will begin a work of salvation in the hearts of the people that we were able to reach yesterday.

Sharing the light of Christ on Black friday .

savedbygracealone
11-26-2006, 10:24 PM
praise Jesus!!! :D

djHeir
12-07-2006, 01:13 PM
Just thought I'd bump this up and see if anybody had any stories to share.

savedbygracealone
12-07-2006, 01:32 PM
Oh ya! definately! i will share what happened this weekend! Jason (Jason 718 or something like that), Christina (nubia something lol), me, and Kofi (a bro from church) went out witnessing this weekend, it was SUCH a blessing!

Man, first of all it was COLD, people. and poor Christina only had on a sweater! i was bundled up in my big ol puffy jacket, head band, gloves... u know how! :D

so anyways, after a couple hours of scouring this parking lot/shopping area and witnessng to a few peeps, (and some guy i was witnessing to who wanted my "number so we can talk about these things" *roll eyes* i gave him a church card! lol) so anyways, i met up with jason and christina and we got a chance to witness to this lady... man. i'm tellin ya, this lady, although not saved, had more dicernment than a lot of Christians! her mother is Muslim, but she had been exposed to Christianity as well. she also had been to some less than sound churches, and knew that that was bogus...

anyways, we talked to her for a good half an hour or so! we went thru the law, and she was genuinely concerned! so we spoke with her about grace, and then we went thru various things that she was wondering about, churches, etc... so prayerfully she is going to come out to our church! even if not, i pray that she definately repented and trust in Him! but it was such a blessing! the Lord doesnt have to show us any sort of "reward" that anyone is receptive, because of course it is Him alone who opens peoples eyes, and we are being obedient to Him for spreading the good news... but MAN i thank God when He allows us to witness what appears to be a fertile ground encounter!!! :D

ok i'm done! :D

nubia7
12-07-2006, 01:43 PM
Oh ya! definately! i will share what happened this weekend! Jason (Jason 718 or something like that), Christina (nubia something lol), me, and Kofi (a bro from church) went out witnessing this weekend, it was SUCH a blessing!

Man, first of all it was COLD, people. and poor Christina only had on a sweater! i was bundled up in my big ol puffy jacket, head band, gloves... u know how! :D

so anyways, after a couple hours of scouring this parking lot/shopping area and witnessng to a few peeps, (and some guy i was witnessing to who wanted my "number so we can talk about these things" *roll eyes* i gave him a church card! lol) so anyways, i met up with jason and christina and we got a chance to witness to this lady... man. i'm tellin ya, this lady, although not saved, had more dicernment than a lot of Christians! her mother is Muslim, but she had been exposed to Christianity as well. she also had been to some less than sound churches, and knew that that was bogus...

anyways, we talked to her for a good half an hour or so! we went thru the law, and she was genuinely concerned! so we spoke with her about grace, and then we went thru various things that she was wondering about, churches, etc... so prayerfully she is going to come out to our church! even if not, i pray that she definately repented and trust in Him! but it was such a blessing! the Lord doesnt have to show us any sort of "reward" that anyone is receptive, because of course it is Him alone who opens peoples eyes, and we are being obedient to Him for spreading the good news... but MAN i thank God when He allows us to witness what appears to be a fertile ground encounter!!! :D

yeah, that woman was Such a blessing in that she was receptive of the Gospel and had been through a lot of experiences myself, jason, and jolene had been through with unsound doctrine and yet still wanted to "learn the Word".Period

clayfilms
12-07-2006, 03:27 PM
yeah, that woman was Such a blessing in that she was receptive of the Gospel and had been through a lot of experiences myself, jason, and jolene had been through with unsound doctrine and yet still wanted to "learn the Word".Period

praise the Lord!! I'm so happy that you guys are being faithful in intentionally sharing the gospel and that God is faithfully preparing you to do it....YEE HAA!!

hey sis..that quote that you've attributed to me in your sig is really just me paraphrasing something that ravi zacharias says in "Jesus among other gods"....it's mad true tho...

naijagirl
12-07-2006, 03:44 PM
Praise the Lord!

*does dance since WoTM is heading to her college town*

Umm, Yolanda, when are you coming down here again? :)

nubia7
12-07-2006, 05:11 PM
praise the Lord!! I'm so happy that you guys are being faithful in intentionally sharing the gospel and that God is faithfully preparing you to do it....YEE HAA!!

hey sis..that quote that you've attributed to me in your sig is really just me paraphrasing something that ravi zacharias says in "Jesus among other gods"....it's mad true tho...

yeah, the LORD is definitely pruning us and preparing us for more "fishing trips."

in reference to the quote, i'm just beginning to listen to him and it does sound like something he would say..but you paraphrase well i might add;)

i changed it.

shekinahsmoke
12-07-2006, 09:43 PM
All I can do right now.. is smile :)

shekinahsmoke
12-08-2006, 11:11 PM
uhh fammmm its been a rough night. LOL!...

1. Witnessing to a new friend of mine named Natalie. She's stationed here. Please pray for her salvation.

2. After I thought the Lord was done with me. :rolleyes: (Hold up ... you hear that? That's Him laughing at me for being naive) I got to witness and share FELLOWSHIP (you know the biblical definition of it :) ) with a homeless guy .. a veteran.. I learned something from him actually LOL .. I gave him my Bible and a paper I printed out about true repentance :o (I just happened to have that in my Bible.. :o ) but anyways pray for Maurice too.

And thats it. Im exhausted .. LOL .. Men's breakfast at my church tomorrow. Graceandzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......

djHeir
12-20-2006, 11:43 AM
God is soooooo awesome fam!!!!!!

So last night we're about to get the kids ready for bed and the phone rings. I pick up and it's a telemarketer trying to sell me a trip to Branson, MO. So he starts his sales pitch and asks me if I have a moment to listen to the rest.

I told him that I would listen to everything he had to say to me on one condition, that he take the good person test. Fam, it was wild cause dude was like, "yeah okay, i'll take the test". So I took him through it, through the law and etc., and during the whole convo, dude was soo open and humble about it. He truthfully answered all my questions and the conversation was anything but confrontational. Towards the end, he thanked me and said that he hasn't thought about "this stuff" in a long while and that he needed to have this talk. He also told me how he used to go to church and how he accepted Christ as a young man but stopped going to church around the time he graduated high school.

Here's the best part fam, after we talked I'm like, "so what'd you have to tell me about?" and dude was like, "man, I don't even know how to talk about that [the trip] after what we just talked about!" That straight cracked me up (in a good way) cause his conscience was so convicted that he couldn't even concentrate on work anymore. Eventually he did continue on, to which I told him that cause of Christmas and whatnot, we wouldn't be in a position to buy for a few months or so.

So please pray for Cordero fam. Also, the next time you get a telemarketing call, if you've got the time try this fam. I'm telling you, most of these people are "salespersons" and they are willing to do a lot to get your business. Why not take them through the law in the process???

God bless fam!

Jason718
12-20-2006, 12:40 PM
God is soooooo awesome fam!!!!!!

So last night we're about to get the kids ready for bed and the phone rings. I pick up and it's a telemarketer trying to sell me a trip to Branson, MO. So he starts his sales pitch and asks me if I have a moment to listen to the rest.

I told him that I would listen to everything he had to say to me on one condition, that he take the good person test. Fam, it was wild cause dude was like, "yeah okay, i'll take the test". So I took him through it, through the law and etc., and during the whole convo, dude was soo open and humble about it. He truthfully answered all my questions and the conversation was anything but confrontational. Towards the end, he thanked me and said that he hasn't thought about "this stuff" in a long while and that he needed to have this talk. He also told me how he used to go to church and how he accepted Christ as a young man but stopped going to church around the time he graduated high school.

Here's the best part fam, after we talked I'm like, "so what'd you have to tell me about?" and dude was like, "man, I don't even know how to talk about that [the trip] after what we just talked about!" That straight cracked me up (in a good way) cause his conscience was so convicted that he couldn't even concentrate on work anymore. Eventually he did continue on, to which I told him that cause of Christmas and whatnot, we wouldn't be in a position to buy for a few months or so.

So please pray for Cordero fam. Also, the next time you get a telemarketing call, if you've got the time try this fam. I'm telling you, most of these people are "salespersons" and they are willing to do a lot to get your business. Why not take them through the law in the process???

God bless fam!

:D

eve
12-20-2006, 01:24 PM
that's GREAT, heir!!! thanks for the advice. i'll pray for cordero.

Jason718
12-20-2006, 08:35 PM
After my workout I sat down with a girl and a guy that work at my gym. The girl went to go make me a free smoothie (b/c i tutor her in calculus) and the guy and I got to small talking.

He asked me about my job and how i ended up in baltimore as a new yorker. I told him that I prayed about where to go and that i felt a strong leading to come to baltimore. At some point in the conversation i explicitly stated: "yeah, i'm a christian".

I asked him about his spiritual background and he told me that he was catholic, but that he hasn't been going to mass often because:

-he's busy with work
-his girlfriend
-his new dog
-life in general

I asked him what he thought happens when we die. He said that he believed in heaven and hell. He said that he thought he'd be going to heaven.

I presented the law to him and he showed what was certain contriteness. He was guilty of 4 out of the 10 commands and said that he would certainly go to hell if judged by God.

I shared the gospel with him, spoke about the inability of man to save himself, defined what repentance was and told him that he really needs to be sure that if he were to die that he would know that he would be spending an eternity in heaven with God.

He asked me if i was a minister and I responded with "no" and i told him about how I got saved and let him know what the life of a regenerate believer looks like...again.

The holy spirit definitely lead the entire conversation. I'm thankful that God was glorified and that he used me in the entire interaction. Please be in prayer for Scott.

I'm a little bit nervous that he may hear conflicting messages of salvation if he runs to church on sunday...especially with this being christmas and all. But God is sovereign in all these things.

On a sad note: After i left the gym, I had a conversation with the guy that owns the bar down the block from me and I was introduced to his wife for the first time. She immediately said "Jason, you seem like a smart, nice and normal guy...are you single...I have this friend..."

My immediate answer should've been "Is she a christian? What is her take on ephesians 5? Proverbs 31? the whole bible?"

but i punked out and said..."just email me"...figuring that i would let her friend down over email before ever having a personal encounter. :o

kinda funny how i automatically assume the worst about people. She could be a nice, normal person...nah.

eve
12-20-2006, 09:38 PM
THIS IS A GREAT THREAD!!! very encouraging!

you GO, boy! prayed for Scott. the approach was clearly on point.

that's what it's about, y'all. we're still here not because we need to get saved (hopefully all of us are) but to spread the Word being used as God's vessels to reach the lost. it's an encouragement to see and be around folk who make the most of every opportunity ...

clayfilms
12-20-2006, 10:53 PM
i read this the other day and it's just does wonders for me to read such wisdom with regard to the marvelous and miraculous work of the Holy Spirit in us...i was out witnessing with some brothers & sisters in rockerfeller center on Saturday and God made it so clear that I am SO unqualified to do anything for God without the complete leading and direction and power of His Holy Spirit.

REDEMPTION CREATES THE NEED IT SATISFIES

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him." 1 Corinthians 2:14

The Gospel of God creates a sense of need of the Gospel. Paul says - "If our gospel be hid, it is hid" - to those who are blackguards? No, "to them that are lost: in whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not." The majority of people have their morality well within their own grasp, they have no sense of need of the Gospel. It is God Who creates the need of which no human being is conscious until God manifests Himself. Jesus said - "Ask, and it shall be given you," but God cannot give until a man asks. It is not that He withholds, but that that is the way He has constituted things on the basis of Redemption. By means of our asking, God gets processes into work whereby He creates the thing that is not in existence until we do ask. The inner reality of Redemption is that it creates all the time. As the Redemption creates the life of God in us, so it creates the things belonging to that life. Nothing can satisfy the need but that which created the need. This is the meaning of Redemption - it creates and it satisfies.

"I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto Me." We preach our own experiences and people are interested, but no sense of need is awakened by it. If once Jesus Christ is lifted up, the Spirit of God will create a conscious need of Him. Behind the preaching of the Gospel is the creative Redemption of God at work in the souls of men. It is never personal testimony that saves men. "The words that I speak unto you, they are spirit and they are life." -J. Oswald Sanders

praise God for his sovreignty in the salvation of men like Scott and all that we share the gospel to...I'm praying for him...see you tomorrow jason..drive safe!

shekinahsmoke
12-21-2006, 06:37 AM
Scott and Cordero . got em. Be back later, tell you about what happened on my "urban missions trip" to Kingsland, GA with invisible man. :)

Jason718
01-11-2007, 11:33 PM
I FINALLY got a chance to witness to my roommate.

FINALLY!!!!!

PRAISE GOD!!!!

We've spoken in the past, but he's really big on his agnosticism...and those conversations were never really fruitful.

We started out talking about marriage because he wanted to know what I thought about his relationship with his girlfriend (and he asked about my views on marriage). Then we started talking about the war in iraq and PW's talk last night and what I think about the war.

Then we started to talk about religion and we got to discuss a lot about the holiness of God. We got to discuss grace. We got to discuss the sinfulness of sin. We got to discuss the sinfulness of man. I got a chance to challenge his obstacles to faith. Most importantly, we got to discuss God's forgiveness of sinful men.

He didn't show any contrition for his sin, but I'm glad that the seed was planted.

Our conversation lasted for 1.5 hours!!! I was working on what will be my first sermon and i had a strong desire to finish it tonight, but i'm even more glad that we got to have this conversation.

I'm so grateful to God right now.

please pray for michael!!!

thankfull
01-12-2007, 09:44 AM
I FINALLY got a chance to witness to my roommate.

FINALLY!!!!!

PRAISE GOD!!!!

We've spoken in the past, but he's really big on his agnosticism...and those conversations were never really fruitful.

We started out talking about marriage because he wanted to know what I thought about his relationship with his girlfriend (and he asked about my views on marriage). Then we started talking about the war in iraq and PW's talk last night and what I think about the war.

Then we started to talk about religion and we got to discuss a lot about the holiness of God. We got to discuss grace. We got to discuss the sinfulness of sin. We got to discuss the sinfulness of man. I got a chance to challenge his obstacles to faith. Most importantly, we got to discuss God's forgiveness of sinful men.

He didn't show any contrition for his sin, but I'm glad that the seed was planted.

Our conversation lasted for 1.5 hours!!! I was working on what will be my first sermon and i had a strong desire to finish it tonight, but i'm even more glad that we got to have this conversation.

I'm so grateful to God right now.

please pray for michael!!!

Praise the Lord! I will pray for michael.

sonshine
01-12-2007, 09:49 AM
well if you ever go witnessing in ''The Hood'' dont go there if youve never been there before. when you go you MUST come totally relevant and know what your purpose for being there is. people on the block are out there selling drugs,poppin pills and drinkin 40's. know that the devil has a firm hold on them. come ready and know what you are talking about.

thats my advice

The_Expositor
01-12-2007, 09:52 AM
the gospel is already relevant. they're sinners in need of salvation. Pupose is already established. You should check out Ray Comfort witnessing to these dudes in South Central the other day on WOTM.

sonshine
01-12-2007, 09:57 AM
what i meant by being relevant is, come to the Jews as a Jew type of deal

BondServant
01-12-2007, 09:58 AM
what i meant by being relevant is, come to the Jews as a Jew type of deal

So I should come with blunts in hand?

Just playin, I know you didn't mean that.

sonshine
01-12-2007, 10:01 AM
LOL that would be a sight to see. witnessing with a blunt in ur hand smokin out!!

BondServant
01-12-2007, 10:06 AM
LOL that would be a sight to see. witnessing with a blunt in ur hand smokin out!!

I know right

"Yo kid, coughcough, you need Jesus son, (inhale noises), straight up yo, (blows smoke out), you need to turn away from your wicked sins" passes the blunt, "I know right, (inhale noises), I'mma do it soon as I put this blunt down (blows out smoke and takes another puff)

sonshine
01-12-2007, 10:08 AM
Yea Mayne!!

Bus
01-12-2007, 10:44 AM
Clay I'm a bit late to the thread..were there any transacripts, tapes, or DVDs available for purchase from the event..I'd love to get my hands on them if they are.

MINISTERING THE GOSPEL TO THE MUSLIM WORLD
A Special Seminar with Samy Tanagho

Saturday, November 4th, 2006
9:00am - noon
Calvary Chapel Old Bridge, NJ

All those that interact with and have a burden for Muslims are encouraged to join special guest Samy Tanagho at Calvary Chapel Old Bridge as he explains how to share the Gospel message with the Muslim world.

This unique workshop will provide you with the biblical foundation for cross-cultural evangelism and answers from God's Word to questions commonly asked by Muslims. Participants will also learn how to respond to objections and arguments used by Muslims who debate the truth of Christianity.

Samy has traveled throughout the world sharing his knowledge & passion for reaching Muslims with Christ's love. He has ministered to the Muslim world for over 30 years and his internationally published book, Glad News! God Loves You My Muslim Friend, is a powerful evangelistic tool for those seeking to penetrate the Muslim's heart and mind with the Gospel.

Samy's wife, Hala, will also join us to share her story of imprisonment in Egypt for converting from Islam to Christianity.

djHeir
01-12-2007, 10:50 AM
Clay and Courtney....I'm not really callin ya'll out but......yeah, I'm callin ya'll out. I just realized that I hadn't heard from ya'll in a minute and the stories that ya'll share are seriously encouraging.

CHEMAelMC
01-12-2007, 02:36 PM

God bless ya'll.
Two weeks ago I had the chance to share part of my testimony to my sister and her husband. To me it was exciting because when I told my sis I had turned Christian she got kinda mad and told me she felt sorrow because moms (RIP) had taught us Catholicism, and told me to never talk to her about Christianity. So, we was comin' back from a trip and she turned on the radio, and in the radiostation people were takin about Elisha, Isaiah and Jeremiah.... and they started to talk about Isaiah's prophecy quoted on Matthew "behold, a virgin shall conceive... and shall call him Emmanuel"... so my sister asked "Is it Emmanuel or Jesus", so I started to explain what Emmanuel meant, and what Jesus meant... then like 5 or ten minutes passed and my bro in law asked me something about theology, and I end up tellin' them how God convinced me that HE exists (as I used to be atheist), so I told them everything God made me go through in order to convince me... and I told them about this curse I had, and how only Christ ended up with that, and while I was talkin' my sister started to shed tears....and I also told them how I knew my wife was pregnant before she even knew it (God revealed it to me in a dream)... and told them a lot of things they couldn't refute... they haven't accepted Christ yet, but the seed has been planted... everything's in God's hands!

I've also witnessed to my co-worker, I take advantage of everything I can whenever we talk I say a Bible verse related to what we are talkin' about, or any kind of situation.. for example, I have to go once in a while to Beverly Hills with my boss, and where we go there is a lot of Jewish people, and once my boss told me that Jewish prosper in any business, and when he told me that it came to my mind "that's cuz they are God's chosen people".... so I told my co-worker that, and also told her how we Christians are under a better covenant (I believe Hebrews talk about that)... and the seed is in her heart, I take advantage of anything to talk about Christ with her, so suddenly she started to go through some serious problems... and to make a long story short, she accepted Christ, praise God....

those are some of my experiences witnessing....

God bless everybody.

--Chema

clayfilms
01-12-2007, 03:10 PM
ayo praise God Jason I'm so excited for you and for Michael..i'll mos def be rpaying for him...God is FAITHFUL!!!

God bless brother chema..i'll be praying for your family as well...

as for me i recently posted a witnessing "chickening out experience" that occured right after the new year..below is a short recap:
------------------------------------------------------
on new years eve God had me out in the rain stepping over cats lying in they vomit in times square sharing the gospel with cats at 2am really excited to be a witness for my Lord..then i get to work the next day and my coworkers ask me if i did anything cool for new years and like a moron i say i went to church then i went to times square to "hang out with some friends"... :(

arrgghhh!!! now mind you since i started this new job, i've been praying for God to open up a door for me to share the gospel with just one co worker...pride is such a killer..I just praise God for humbling me and showing me how wack i am and that i still give a darn about what people think of me...so in short, this post is dedicated to all of my brothers and sisters in Christ that for some reason or another chicken out when God opens a door for you to look like an idiot in front of man so that he might be glorified.
--------------------------------------------------

since that day i've been praying to God for another opportunity to be a witness for Him and to glorify him in any way..so long story short i mentioned to of my co workers that i was planning to go to orlando on march for a conference and today she asked me what the conference was abotut and it turned into a 5 minute convo on Christian apologetics and the ethics of Christian mission work..she's mad cool so I pray for another opportunity to talk to her about the Lord.

be blessed yall!!!

clayfilms
01-12-2007, 03:12 PM
Clay I'm a bit late to the thread..were there any transacripts, tapes, or DVDs available for purchase from the event..I'd love to get my hands on them if they are.

whaddup brother bus,

courtney aka "cdub" was out there..hopefully he'll come up here and post some info...however you can buy samy tanagho's book, "Glad News my Muslim friend Jesus loves you!" at just about any major online bookstore...IT'S DOPE!!!

shekinahsmoke
02-05-2007, 12:06 PM
any updates? :D

Jason718
02-24-2007, 06:25 PM
went out today with nubia7 and eve.

I got a chance to talk to a dude who was a professing muslim. When he told me that he was a muslim it caught me totally off-guard because he looked like your typical "raised in the church type" dude.

The first thing that came to mind was a book that i read called "Glad news God loves you, my muslim friend"

I quoted surah 2:136

say ye: we believe in allah, and the revelation given to us, and to abraham...and that given to moses and Jesus, and that given to (all) prophets from their Lord: We make no difference between one and another of them

To establish the validity of the law.

Took him through the good person test. Talked about the deity of Christ. Talked about who Muslims claim Jesus to be and what Jesus actually said. Talked about the accuracy and dependability of the Bible. And most importantly, we spoke about where he though he would go when he died.

He was depending on his works righteousness, but I challenged him with the Gospel in light of the holy and righteous nature of God.

I gave him a gospel tract and a card for Calvary Chapel Breath of life. He said that he knew exactly where the church was. I encouraged him to come out.

Please be in prayer for him. I did not catch his name.

j

DJ Wade-O
02-24-2007, 06:53 PM
lol. That was great.

Devin
02-24-2007, 07:10 PM

actually...that sounds like the thing some HHH artists would do.be out smoking a joint and making a beat for that new Ludacris album and at the same time witnessing to his "weedman"...yall know im right!

shekinahsmoke
05-15-2009, 04:09 PM
I remember these days! wow theres so MUCH in this thread! clay, we did meet at FlavorFest 06. and here's the proof. :) <3 <3 <3

shekinahsmoke
05-15-2009, 04:33 PM
if anybody wants to know:

1. Witnessing to a new friend of mine named Natalie. She's stationed here. Please pray for her salvation.

Natalie did get saved!! and she's repping Christ fam! :)