PDA

View Full Version : Message To All Christian Emcees!!!

Deadmanwalking
10-18-2006, 06:01 PM
I pray that ya'll read this with discerning eyes because what i'm going to say isn't pretty. In reality, i started off keystyling in the keystyle thread and i just ended up ranting based on something that i've been shy about discussing on hcr for a while. I wanted to remain the level headed dude on the board everyone likes. I wanted to be the quiet killer so to speak. But it's time for ya'll to really know who I am. I'm nuts and I'm done being nice. Here's a piece of my rant...minus the keystyle.

Man...I really could go on....but I ain't got the time. Just be on the lookout. I'm back..and i expect the hate. I am not coming back with the intention of making rap alliances and producer friends...when ya'll hear me, you should know it's about change. It's about focus. It's about knowing your enemy. It's about knowing who you're trying to reach. I'm not trying to rap as if I'm dropping seeds randomly. NO....i'm rapping like I'm popping heat accurately.

And for ya'll corny, hating type Christian rap fan wannabe rapper type dudes; get your resume up. Stop trying to clown and criticize heads that are really doing it when you ain't doing nothing. As far as ya'll go, diplomacy is overrated. I'm done being nice. I imitate the same Christ who gave it to the Pharisees on some serious hardbody attitued. I'm not patty caking w/the Christian rap culture. Ya'll don't even have the right to say what should and shouldn't be done if you aren't making yourself useful as a valuable vessel/weapon for the kingdom of heaven. In other words, stop talking bout saving souls in your raps, if you ain't doing it. Heads that do that are worse than the gangsta rap dudes who talk about killing a million people. At least WE'RE expected to tell the truth. But we got Christian rappers more focused on how many events they have listed on their myspace page than they are on actually saving souls. Heads more focused on trying to make nice w/the world and "keepin it real"; heads that are so focused on being so thelogically deep and lyrically complex that they're alienating souls that are clueless concerning what they say.

Christian rap emcees...we need to get our focus right........................

And now I pick up where I left my rant. Listen to that. Really. If you have any question hit me on my myspace e-mail. www.myspace.com/deadmansmusicpage

Or if some of ya'll avoid myspace, no prob...hit up david.stilladeadman@gmail.com

We can discuss whatever you'd like. But I'm tired of all these fantasy rapping Christians. I'm sick of all these over your head Christians. We need to change. And if 1) you're not willing to change, or 2) GOD told you not to change, then focus on who you can reach w/your gift.

Some of ya'll ain't street. Stop acting like it. Go for the underground. Go for the colleges and coffee shops. Go for the church youth groups.

But if you're saying you're after souls, then you must be all things to all men that some might be saved. Otherwise, the way a lot of ya'll are doing it, ya'll should specify...you're after (enter demographic here)'s souls.

I'm done for now. And for anyone who doesn't read this, it's all good, cuz you will be hearing the songs addressing this topic.

Oh, yeah. I'm back. Hate on me if you'd like. Pray for me if you will. But I've been doing this off the radar for years now and none of your opinions can stop what the LORD has started. HE who has begun a good work...and if you know your WORD, then you should know the rest of that script w/out me saying where it's from.

Peace. GOD bless.

Conviction Music
10-18-2006, 06:18 PM
I pray that ya'll read this with discerning eyes because what i'm going to say isn't pretty. In reality, i started off keystyling in the keystyle thread and i just ended up ranting based on something that i've been shy about discussing on hcr for a while. I wanted to remain the level headed dude on the board everyone likes. I wanted to be the quiet killer so to speak. But it's time for ya'll to really know who I am. I'm nuts and I'm done being nice. Here's a piece of my rant...minus the keystyle.

Man...I really could go on....but I ain't got the time. Just be on the lookout. I'm back..and i expect the hate. I am not coming back with the intention of making rap alliances and producer friends...when ya'll hear me, you should know it's about change. It's about focus. It's about knowing your enemy. It's about knowing who you're trying to reach. I'm not trying to rap as if I'm dropping seeds randomly. NO....i'm rapping like I'm popping heat accurately.

And for ya'll corny, hating type Christian rap fan wannabe rapper type dudes; get your resume up. Stop trying to clown and criticize heads that are really doing it when you ain't doing nothing. As far as ya'll go, diplomacy is overrated. I'm done being nice. I imitate the same Christ who gave it to the Pharisees on some serious hardbody attitued. I'm not patty caking w/the Christian rap culture. Ya'll don't even have the right to say what should and shouldn't be done if you aren't making yourself useful as a valuable vessel/weapon for the kingdom of heaven. In other words, stop talking bout saving souls in your raps, if you ain't doing it. Heads that do that are worse than the gangsta rap dudes who talk about killing a million people. At least WE'RE expected to tell the truth. But we got Christian rappers more focused on how many events they have listed on their myspace page than they are on actually saving souls. Heads more focused on trying to make nice w/the world and "keepin it real"; heads that are so focused on being so thelogically deep and lyrically complex that they're alienating souls that are clueless concerning what they say.

And now I pick up where I left my rant. Listen to that. Really. If you have any question hit me on my myspace e-mail. www.myspace.com/deadmansmusicpage

Or if some of ya'll avoid myspace, no prob...hit up david.stilladeadman@gmail.com

We can discuss whatever you'd like. But I'm tired of all these fantasy rapping Christians. I'm sick of all these over your head Christians. We need to change. And if 1) you're not willing to change, or 2) GOD told you not to change, then focus on who you can reach w/your gift.

Some of ya'll ain't street. Stop acting like it. Go for the underground. Go for the colleges and coffee shops. Go for the church youth groups.

But if you're saying you're after souls, then you must be all things to all men that some might be saved. Otherwise, the way a lot of ya'll are doing it, ya'll should specify...you're after (enter demographic here)'s souls.

I'm done for now. And for anyone who doesn't read this, it's all good, cuz you will be hearing the songs addressing this topic.

Oh, yeah. I'm back. Hate on me if you'd like. Pray for me if you will. But I've been doing this off the radar for years now and none of your opinions can stop what the LORD has started. HE who has begun a good work...and if you know your WORD, then you should know the rest of that script w/out me saying where it's from.

Peace. GOD bless.

Good post

JusThoughtZ
10-18-2006, 06:21 PM
lol

CHRISTion
10-18-2006, 06:56 PM
welcome back DMdub... I just have a Q...it seems to me like you're inviting in the "hate" but I didn't read anything that u wrote that I disagreed with-i mean...if anything it's just your opinion. soooo why all the animosity towards us?????

Mauiboy
10-18-2006, 07:06 PM
this is a good post, as in the focus of the message is excellent.

the wording and approach is NOT.

honestly, it came of as arrogant and overly aggresive. I love your zeal brother!!! But you need to approach everyone in love. Keep harvesting, keep serving, and love.

1 Corinthians 13. If I have all gifts but not _____ I am nothing...you can fill in the blanks brah. Much love. Aloha Ke Akua

ZestD
10-18-2006, 07:43 PM
So this 'Deadmanwalking' is the dopest that none of y'all have heard about?

:rolleyes:

shekinahsmoke
10-18-2006, 08:01 PM
where all these new people coming from .. and what up DMW. (gives him that hood look) u think u's a hotboy. eh?:mad:

NAW LEMME STOP ... ROLFLLFLFLFOOL .. its love.

Bracey
10-18-2006, 08:06 PM
Much truth

Nahledge
10-18-2006, 09:11 PM
Fam you made some good points but like somebody else said, your approach was off. I always say this, it's not what you say but how you say it. When you come off in arrogance, like you've got it all together, you'll cut the ears off the people you're speaking to and no matter how much wisdom your droppin they won't hear it because your approach is speaking louder than your words.

I'm nuts and I'm done being nice.

Statements like that really say alot, and makes a person wonder if they should listen to anything you're saying at all. Those are ear cutting statements.

I'm done being nice. I imitate the same Christ who gave it to the Pharisees on some serious hardbody attitued.

When you're imitating Christ, you don't have to tell people you're imitating Christ. People will see it. That's another one of those ear cutting statements.

But I agree with alot of the things you said, I just think it was presented wrong. God Bless.

mr808
10-18-2006, 10:37 PM
word, good points. Id work on that delivery some. Not meaning a need to candy coat but... you know. God bless you brother.

dremarshall
10-18-2006, 10:40 PM
What uo homie, I met you at kingdomBound right??

mr808
10-18-2006, 10:46 PM
When you're imitating Christ, you don't have to tell people you're imitating Christ. People will see it.

Well... unfortunately in Christian internet circles this isnt always accurate. Ive seen many times where the person is and yet still gets flack from some uber self righteous cat. Kind of a head scratcher :D

Psalmist
10-19-2006, 03:20 AM

Peace. GOD bless.
Man I've known you too long not to love you. Get at my email man and stop bumping your gums.

psalmist@fearofthedrum.com

Deadmanwalking
10-20-2006, 12:39 AM
First I'd like to say that I appreciate the feedback. To make a long story short, I've got to say that I'm a bit hesitant to step back and say my approach was off. I do have a delete button. That being said, I know what I typed. And I didn't type it for no reason. At the risk of sounding like i'm back tracking, I'd like to explain some things.

First I'd like to address the statment in which I said I'm imitating Christ.
That served as a foundational example that is in support of my tone.

Also, for the ear cutting statements. I'm nuts. Well, lol, by the standard expectations of the world and the church, I am crazy. I'm not normal. It is what it is. And as far as me not being nice anymore....oh, boy. Well, for those who remember me from the beginning days of hcr, i was a very quiet type. I did my best to communicate valid points in a gentle tone. It didn't work. And I tried being nice to the church. It didn't work.

See, there has to come a time in each one of our lives where we are not only discontent w/ situations but we are enraged by them. I mean, this is the same board I left almost two years ago. The HHH scene is still the same one it was last year...just more money..more people. Where's the revolution that HHH promised. Where's the revolution that HHH should be? Where are the albums that are so filled with conviction that sinners are drawn to it rather than repelled by it? And I'm not talking about the few and far between joints. All that does is add credibility to my opinion that half of HHH artists should quit. I'm so hurt and frustrated and angry w/this situation.

See, my intention is to make you mad. At me? Sure, at first. Truth'll cut you. But when you get to the root of what I'm saying, you need to overlook your preference of delivery and realize who I want you to be mad at. YOU. Not even satan. YOU. I'm mad at me too. Furious!! I'm mad because I haven't been pushing the gospel as hard as these heads are pushing crack. I haven't been flaunting the gospel as flamboyantly as these rap monkeys are flaunting their sin.

I'm not trying to save Christians. We're already saved. We're content. But we need to be discontent w/the amount of souls that we're letting slip. These are the last days but we're carrying on as if we have time to slowly build this HHH machine. NO. We gotta push....we gotta be violent. And we gotta stop patty caking w/these cupcake HHH wanna be artists that ain't called to do it. Really, if you're wack, you're wack. You don't need to rap to be heard. In fact, none of us are effective because we rap. Whoever can be counted as effective it's because we speak the WORD OF GOD. And when we're not rapping, we're still spitting WORD. Besides, grabbing a mic and making a beat is easy. Signing autographs and chit chatting are easy things too. The real ministry is off stage when you plant the seeds of discipline to make disciples. When GOD checks you out, HE ain't gonna say, "Hey, remember the thousand kids that came to your show?" Nah, HE's gonna say "Hey, remember after the show when you talk to Rick? When you talked to Tonya and she was going to get an abortion but she didn't? When you helped Ajay through his depression?" That's what counts anyway. I don't know why so many of ya'll wanna be rappers like that's the illest.

Man, just trust me. I already know a lot of my holy family members arent' going to be too comfortable with my approach. But please trust that I have measured my words well. My intention initially is to agitate you, but the end product of that agitation is change. That's my true intention in the end. To inspire change and inspire soldiers. Soldiers that don't just train, but fight.

If I missed a point that I didn't address, you can e-mail me or just air me out in public. I'm no longer afraid of correction; that's b/c I'm very confident in the heart and the message GOD has given me to share with ya'll.....whether you like it or not.

Again, I'm addressing Christians. This is not how I address the unsaved. But I will address ya'll like this every so often cuz ya'll gotta toughen up. Trust me, the world is harsher than me. IF you can't handle it from a brother, you'll be distressed if it comes from the world who hates you.

PS: When I say ya'll, I'm speaking in generalities. If you felt like I stepped on your toes, it's cuz I did. This is for you. IF you didn't feel my feet on your toes, then it's not for you....but don't try to convince yourself that this ain't for you. Be honest w/yourself and work on that change.

Untill next time....

Peace. GOD bless.

J-Woods(BangTheory)
10-20-2006, 02:22 AM
I felt the post, i honestly don't feel your approach was off at all, but hey some heads in here are easily bothered by things people say or the way they say them, I guess im a bit used to it from you homie, your post was right on to me!

J-Woods(Bang Theory Music)

invisible man
10-20-2006, 02:24 AM
First I'd like to say that I appreciate the feedback. To make a long story short, I've got to say that I'm a bit hesitant to step back and say my approach was off. I do have a delete button. That being said, I know what I typed. And I didn't type it for no reason. At the risk of sounding like i'm back tracking, I'd like to explain some things.

First I'd like to address the statment in which I said I'm imitating Christ.
That served as a foundational example that is in support of my tone.

Also, for the ear cutting statements. I'm nuts. Well, lol, by the standard expectations of the world and the church, I am crazy. I'm not normal. It is what it is. And as far as me not being nice anymore....oh, boy. Well, for those who remember me from the beginning days of hcr, i was a very quiet type. I did my best to communicate valid points in a gentle tone. It didn't work. And I tried being nice to the church. It didn't work.

See, there has to come a time in each one of our lives where we are not only discontent w/ situations but we are enraged by them. I mean, this is the same board I left almost two years ago. The HHH scene is still the same one it was last year...just more money..more people. Where's the revolution that HHH promised. Where's the revolution that HHH should be? Where are the albums that are so filled with conviction that sinners are drawn to it rather than repelled by it? And I'm not talking about the few and far between joints. All that does is add credibility to my opinion that half of HHH artists should quit. I'm so hurt and frustrated and angry w/this situation.

See, my intention is to make you mad. At me? Sure, at first. Truth'll cut you. But when you get to the root of what I'm saying, you need to overlook your preference of delivery and realize who I want you to be mad at. YOU. Not even satan. YOU. I'm mad at me too. Furious!! I'm mad because I haven't been pushing the gospel as hard as these heads are pushing crack. I haven't been flaunting the gospel as flamboyantly as these rap monkeys are flaunting their sin.

I'm not trying to save Christians. We're already saved. We're content. But we need to be discontent w/the amount of souls that we're letting slip. These are the last days but we're carrying on as if we have time to slowly build this HHH machine. NO. We gotta push....we gotta be violent. And we gotta stop patty caking w/these cupcake HHH wanna be artists that ain't called to do it. Really, if you're wack, you're wack. You don't need to rap to be heard. In fact, none of us are effective because we rap. Whoever can be counted as effective it's because we speak the WORD OF GOD. And when we're not rapping, we're still spitting WORD. Besides, grabbing a mic and making a beat is easy. Signing autographs and chit chatting are easy things too. The real ministry is off stage when you plant the seeds of discipline to make disciples. When GOD checks you out, HE ain't gonna say, "Hey, remember the thousand kids that came to your show?" Nah, HE's gonna say "Hey, remember after the show when you talk to Rick? When you talked to Tonya and she was going to get an abortion but she didn't? When you helped Ajay through his depression?" That's what counts anyway. I don't know why so many of ya'll wanna be rappers like that's the illest.

Man, just trust me. I already know a lot of my holy family members arent' going to be too comfortable with my approach. But please trust that I have measured my words well. My intention initially is to agitate you, but the end product of that agitation is change. That's my true intention in the end. To inspire change and inspire soldiers. Soldiers that don't just train, but fight.

If I missed a point that I didn't address, you can e-mail me or just air me out in public. I'm no longer afraid of correction; that's b/c I'm very confident in the heart and the message GOD has given me to share with ya'll.....whether you like it or not.

Again, I'm addressing Christians. This is not how I address the unsaved. But I will address ya'll like this every so often cuz ya'll gotta toughen up. Trust me, the world is harsher than me. IF you can't handle it from a brother, you'll be distressed if it comes from the world who hates you.

PS: When I say ya'll, I'm speaking in generalities. If you felt like I stepped on your toes, it's cuz I did. This is for you. IF you didn't feel my feet on your toes, then it's not for you....but don't try to convince yourself that this ain't for you. Be honest w/yourself and work on that change.

Untill next time....

Peace. GOD bless.\

Preach Preacher. Preach.