PDA

View Full Version : Rapping over secular beats: should we or should we not?

Shock~Therapy
10-18-2006, 02:18 PM
Ofcourse a beat in and of it's self is not secular, but I am referring to those beats that have already been made popular in secular songs. Should we (referring to HHH artists, and aspiring artists) continue to rap over these beats in the midst of unbelievers or babes in Christ?

Some things to consider: Will the audience be listening intently to the message that you are delivering or will their minds wander astray to their favorite secular artist when that beat is being played? Wouldn't this be counterproductive to reaching souls with the gospel of Christ?

share your opinions/beliefs...

Enlighten
10-18-2006, 02:36 PM
My Main stance on this is NO, it's a conflict of interest we wish for them to not listen 50 Cent, Jay-Z, and T.I. but we rap over their beats? doesn't make since to me. No disrespect to those who have, cause it's tempting cause I've seen how so beat could have rapped over better. ;)

But Begin an Avdocate of The Theocratic Rule my goal is to takeover those who are againist my Father not condone or approve of their ministry, just like many who dont hate WOF people but dont like the teaching, that's my stance on secular beats.

Psalmist
10-18-2006, 03:07 PM
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

I disagree with it completely. Once lyrics are married to a beat, the beat embodies the lyrics.....meaning the spirit of the lyrics=the spirit of the beat. I don't want angels to battle so that my Godly lyrics (Godly spirit) overcomes the evil beat (heathen spirit)!

mr808
10-18-2006, 03:28 PM
There are now (couldnt always say it with a straight face years ago) plenty of talented producers who would love to aid you in your music. Sow together.

DJ zilla
10-18-2006, 05:09 PM
1) It's not legal
2) Need producers permission
3) Legal way is the best way

Deadmanwalking
10-18-2006, 06:09 PM
Opinions are obsolete in the face of fruit.

I've rapped over secular beats, in and out of the church..souls have gotten saved in and out of the church. It's by GOD's Spirit that souls get saved, not by which beat is who's. It's not even how nice we may be as emcees. It's by GOD's Spirit.

So, again, you can all form opinions...but I've done it...souls got saved...Christians got edified...what is there to discuss?

JusThoughtZ
10-18-2006, 06:13 PM
goood lawd...AGAIN!!!!!?!?!???!?!?:rolleyes:

~JusT~:cool:

CHRISTion
10-18-2006, 06:29 PM
this is a good topic to build on yet I don't think there's a right or wrong...IF u do it, just know it'll hafta be a mixtape. i've done it before becuz I didn't have the scrilla to pay for beats but that was also before I just stepped up & asked the brothers on here to help me and BOY did they look out for me! 1 luv to my brothers who not only looked out 4 me, but also blessed ya boy somethin nice...smoke, excel, brinson, nar8ta, unseen, hizway (elekt), jito el cubano, mac tha D, lesun... man & I still haven't even gotten to pastor Joe, t stone, illuminaticx, witness... I mean just go down to the beat board & talk to em...yeah there's no more need to use those mixtape beats anymore...

Enlighten
10-18-2006, 06:53 PM

I've rapped over secular beats, in and out of the church..souls have gotten saved in and out of the church. It's by GOD's Spirit that souls get saved, not by which beat is who's. It's not even how nice we may be as emcees. It's by GOD's Spirit.

So, again, you can all form opinions...but I've done it...souls got saved...Christians got edified...what is there to discuss?

What's The Excuse for using though on Real.

Shock~Therapy
10-18-2006, 07:10 PM
1) It's not legal
2) Need producers permission
3) Legal way is the best way
Well actually it is legal to a certain extent, as long as it's not mass production and not an official album. Other people's beats are used all the time on mixtapes. Not naming names but several recognized christian rappers have put out mixtapes where they rap over secular beats.

I personally didn't expect anyones replies on this subject to be cut and dry. But I asked this question so that we might truly examine or actions and take into account both the positive and negative ramafications.

simplyG
10-18-2006, 07:12 PM
What's a secular beat? Is it a beat used by someone like sean carter or o'shea jackson?

chuck5470
10-18-2006, 07:36 PM
If the secular beat is from something totally ungodly, it doesn't matter what you rap over that beat, the original lyrics to the song will be what reverberates in the minds of those hearing that song. For instance, if someone wanted to uplift Christ in a rap using the beat from Ying Yang twins, no matter what the gospel rap is about, those who have heard and know Ying Yang will hear, in their minds, Ying Yang's lyrics. I think that to prevent compromising the message, original beats are a necessary safe guard.

ZestD
10-18-2006, 07:41 PM
If the secular beat is from something totally ungodly, it doesn't matter what you rap over that beat, the original lyrics to the song will be what reverberates in the minds of those hearing that song. For instance, if someone wanted to uplift Christ in a rap using the beat from Ying Yang twins, no matter what the gospel rap is about, those who have heard and know Ying Yang will hear, in their minds, Ying Yang's lyrics. I think that to prevent compromising the message, original beats are a necessary safe guard.

If it's such a deal, simply use less-known beats. Face it, 90% of kiddies and suburban kats only hear what is on the radio. They dl that song only and don't know what else is on any particular album.

I was listening to RedCloud's mixtape and it has Dre's 'Deep Cover' beat. At first I thought of the original but as long as the song is done right, it can be 'their' song.

Poetik
10-18-2006, 08:25 PM
For Mixtapes:
1.) It's cheap!
2.) Audience apt to listen
3.) Sometimes it's way better than the original
4.) Sometimes the artist is more about ministry, than promotion
5.) There are no "original" beats (For example: Some Christian music sounds like the "Blues")

Against Mixtapes:
1.) Some Christian producers will be more than happy to provide FREE BEATS to an artist for a mixtape.
2.) It's not a stumbling block for some.
3.) Sometimes Christian rappers aren't creative enough
4.) Many times it's more about promoting oneself, other than Christ.
5.) God is the master creator, so if you seek HIM he can provide you with a sound that's beyond HOTT
6.) Sometimes it sends the wrong message...

Bonus Info on Mixtapes:
*God must be consulted before you do a mixtape!
*Don't do because everyone else is doin' it, or just because you like the beat!
*You can become a stumbling block even if you rap on Christian beats...

from ybic,
poetik

Brinson
10-18-2006, 09:22 PM
folks just need to save they money and Buy a Beat from 4Sight Sound, Nar8ta, And Unseen.

Poetik
10-18-2006, 09:36 PM
folks just need to save they money and Buy a Beat from 4Sight Sound, Nar8ta, And Unseen.

True that!

C.A.J.E ILLS
10-18-2006, 09:46 PM
http://www.myspace.com/raptureminded

This Kat does it for HIM, He's like the wierd Al Yakovich of Holy Hip Hop...except He's serious...

chuck5470
10-19-2006, 12:28 AM
so how will you know what's a "little known" beat or not?? why take a chance on using something you thought was a "little known" beat and end up using something that bangs in the strip club every week??

Psalmist
10-19-2006, 03:13 AM
Thats quite a crazy statement. Just because fruit is produced doesn't mean it's God's will. There is negative fruit produced by the secular....in the face of fruite opinions are obsolete???Never!

I understand this...but still if you have recorded over the beats there is still a question of legality. Also, Heaven rejoices when souls are saved, so praise God for the souls. But what about the souls that have been led astray? What about the souls that weren't able to get over the secular connections to the beat? What about the souls that while you were rapping over 'Juicy' were quoting every Notorious Big line? I KNOW good brother, that while good fruit was reaped, negative seeds were also planted! The good fruit came because the angles went into war just to overcome the negative message (biblical backing coming soon....just gotta find my notes) and b/c the hearts had already been softened.

My opinion w/ secular beats is that you can't soften a heart w/ them....the heart needs to be previously softened. Now don't get me wrong, if I'm at an event, and they put a beat on and ask me to spit, and I feel led, I'm still gonna spit....but outside of that, I'll never rap over a secular beat again. I want everything that makes my ministry a ministry (the rap and the beats) to be holy and sanctified unto the LORD in every aspect.

Once again, souls get saved, Christ got edified...but was it as effective as it could be? Thats like building a house w/ the wrong tools. You try to build a house w/ a manual skrewdriver (the worlds tools), and I'll do it w/ an electric skrewdrive (God's tools...made by God's beatsmiths)! Which one do you think will be ready to provide shelter first....mine...b/c it was build in GOD's PERFECT WILL, not His permisive one!

Psalmist

nar8ta
10-19-2006, 05:08 AM
If we take it their than ya have to take it all the way and not sample secular records. We all know what drug was prevelant back in the sixtys. Fornication was the norm, freedom of speech was the plit of men. If ya want to be technical the vibe or the moment still enbodies the record, and we in turn sample it! Music is powerful, it can put you back in the moment (Godly or unGodly).

Both cases are extreme! I think many HHH producers take it personnal because they want their beats sold! Regardless, we should alway support our Bredrins in the faith (don't mussle the ox).

I refer Unseen and Witness to people that come to me for tracks all the time (I want my finders fee "joke"), I love sharing the work. Fire is Fire If I can't do it, send it out for it to be done, nothing personal! Kill the Pride and share, then watch what GOD will do! The best way to get is to give, it works try it. Lift someone else up and see what GOD does for you. Trust me it can't loose.

I see you Brinson and Pastor Joe! soon very soon!

Nar

Psalmist
10-19-2006, 07:58 AM
If we take it their than ya have to take it all the way and not sample secular records. We all know what drug was prevelant back in the sixtys. Fornication was the norm, freedom of speech was the plit of men. If ya want to be technical the vibe or the moment still enbodies the record, and we in turn sample it! Music is powerful, it can put you back in the moment (Godly or unGodly).

I agree w/ you to some extent. You see some of the sample based producers (myself included), will mangle a sample beyond recognition (this happens with me on a regular basis)! The problem w/ secular beats is that cats recognize them....if you grab a sound from a secular record and make it into an instrument (I do this regularly), then it won't be as recognizable....I don't know...you bring up an interesting point. And I guess your argument has a ton of merrit. I don't agree that cats only disagree w/ secular beats b/c they want to sell their own (though this might be some of the motivation), I don't know.

I like the fact that the Islamic community will boycott non-Islamic products. They spend a majority (if not all) of their $$$ in Islamic markets (at least thats how it is in Philly)! I think that if Christians began to do the same and only shopped from Christian vendors, eliminating the world and other false religions, we would build the kingdom up on earth. So much of our money goes into unrighteous hands. If it went into the hands of the righteous, at least we could expect an offering to go back into a household of faith.

Just some things to think about.....but I digress.
Psalmist

Brinson
10-19-2006, 09:06 AM
<----------- SAMPLE - LESS Homie

Tell yo favorite HHH Dude to save his funds and Hit up those brothers on the Beat Board ! ! !

temper77016
10-19-2006, 10:39 AM
Of course not man!:eek: Think about it. The world is already ecstatic with the fact that some churches are using their music during offering among other church related functions. We don't want to send the wrong message to the church. I almost made the mistake once and I told God that if I would do anything for him, it would be "GodOriginal". It's not the beats that are bad, it's the source of the beat makers. If we use what belongs to the secular world, then how can God have the glory when he has given us so much talent. I say take what God gave you and make it "GodOriginal". I tell the kids at my church all the time; if you want to take something from the world (secular), switch it up so that God gets the glory. Keep it crunk and "GodOriginal".:D

temper77016
10-19-2006, 10:52 AM
I agree with this man. We don't promote God with something that is from Satan. Then that would mean that we are bitters and We as Christians can't hold our own. What do you think Satan says about that? Christians are even bitting off the secular dances, but that's whole other issue. I totally agree with this dude.:)

Foolish
10-19-2006, 11:02 AM
1) No...not legal unless you have permission to use the beat. Everyone does it and most record companies overlook it...yes...but that doesn't make it ethically right.

2) Souls get saved...to flip that argument back...it wasn't the beat, but the spirit of God, so just rap acapella then.

3) Seen dudes doing songs to secular trax live and it's interesting how the audience normally is mouthing the secular lyrics or imitating what they saw on the video.

4) Would love to see dudes make mixtapes out of HHH trax that have been used (w/ permission of course). Support OUR movement rather than support theirs.

Quiet storm
10-19-2006, 11:11 AM
4) Would love to see dudes make mixtapes out of HHH trax that have been used (w/ permission of course). Support OUR movement rather than support theirs.

I've been saying that for years I would love to see that as well.

Psalmist
10-19-2006, 11:12 AM
1) No...not legal unless you have permission to use the beat. Everyone does it and most record companies overlook it...yes...but that doesn't make it ethically right.

2) Souls get saved...to flip that argument back...it wasn't the beat, but the spirit of God, so just rap acapella then.

3) Seen dudes doing songs to secular trax live and it's interesting how the audience normally is mouthing the secular lyrics or imitating what they saw on the video.

Echo, Echo, Echo

DJ Links
10-19-2006, 11:14 AM
I've been saying that for years I would love to see that as well.

I know of a well known HHH DJ that did this and it was his worst selling cd.

JusThoughtZ
10-19-2006, 11:21 AM

*stifles laugh*

Psalmist
10-19-2006, 11:25 AM
crazy.....no support for our own movement

Poetik
10-19-2006, 11:48 AM
My opinion is this: Do what you want because many of you [no one here specifically] will do what you want anyway...:D

...Just know that every thing you say and do will be judged by the God Almighty, so seriously think before you do it!:cool:

Also, I want to ask the question: would Christian producers be willing to giveaway free beats?

ybic,
poetik

P.S. Check out the history of the Mixtape at: http://www.mtv.com/bands/m/mixtape/news_feature_021003/index.jhtml

Knyce924
10-19-2006, 12:39 PM
I think you CAN but you SHOULD NOT

The beat is linked the secular artist. What Christian rappers could do is rap on other Christian artist's beats. Like it would b kool to hear Shabach rap on the 'Cash or Christ' beat you kno. We shouldnt yolk ourselves with the work of secular artists.

IT IS ok tho if you are making a point using their beat. A VERY good example of this is Kdrama's track "Strugglin"

nar8ta
10-19-2006, 02:42 PM
For once I'm with crazy Psalmist!LOL

Many don't support HHH artist, which is pointless!

There was one well known HHH artist (that I had an issue with in the past). I saw him perform and I decided to sow a little bit of money into his ministry. His CD was $10 and I gave him $8. He thought I wanted his CD and told me, my CD is $10 you can't get it for that, mind you I didn't want his punk CD anyway LOL. I was like Brotha that $8 is for you, keep the CD. He was like, your giving me free money, I was like wow ...................people just don't have a clue on how GOD does things and they are in front of GOD's people, Lord Help us.

GOD is still workin on me, the first thing that came to my mind was to slap all his CD's off the table and tell him "do something" LOLOLOL (I know thats Demonic)

I'm new to this whole HHH thing, I would have never imagined some of the things that go on behind the scenes.

Psalmist pray for ya squid, in the Flesh I'm a loose cannon, I don't wanta go "Goon Mode" on these dudes. They'll be on HCR talkin bout " Brotha Nar8ta broke all my CD's at an outreach. He needs Jesus, I knew him, Corey and Precise wasn't saved, I hate them" LOLOL:D

All Jokes aside!

I said that to say this, support, support, support (if you have it to do so:D )
I may not like the music but you can get $10!

Nar

Brinson
10-19-2006, 02:50 PM
Also, I want to ask the question: would Christian producers be willing to giveaway free beats?

]

Only if the Lord Leads too....

I mean why? your not going to go to DJ Official or Rodney Jerkins or Lee Trubbs from ROCK SOUL and say HEY man i got this mixtape can i have one of your beats............ um hello .......... Hello ....... I think he hung up on me.
Maybe he ain't saved huh?

I think folks got a Respect of persons thing I would hate to hear Spectacular or Big JUST say they stop making tracks cause brothers don't want to sow. What is so hard about paying ? I mean God has lead me to give some away at one point and i believe he lead others to do it. BUT I think there is a problem when people approach these guys with the intent of Getting there work for free. It is all Labor.....

Psalmist
10-19-2006, 02:54 PM
My opinion is this: Do what you want because many of you [no one here specifically] will do what you want anyway...:D

...Just know that every thing you say and do will be judged by the God Almighty, so seriously think before you do it!:cool:

ybic,
poetik

P.S. Check out the history of the Mixtape at: http://www.mtv.com/bands/m/mixtape/news_feature_021003/index.jhtml

Only if God leads....and this means he talks w/ me before anyone contacts me. You see, lots of times cats will tell you to pray on it....I highly doubt if they prayed on getting a free beat from you!

Furthermore, I do dirt cheap beats ($25 on the liquidation page) that are high quality. Bottom line, if you not willing to invest $25 into your ministry, why would I invest free beats into your ministry? If you show me you are serious about your ministry, I'll be more apt to sow into it!

witness
10-19-2006, 05:05 PM
be on the lookout for THUNDERGROUND 3 !!!

LOLOLOL lee i'm sorry...i had to...i just had to.

LOLOLOL

ZestD
10-19-2006, 05:09 PM
Too many in the industry and 'christians' in general want junk for free...thinking that b/c it is ministry that they can be cheap. At the same time these people will give large sums to cockneyed faith healers and TBN televangelists who will NEVER have to worrying about money.

nar8ta
10-19-2006, 05:11 PM
be on the lookout for THUNDERGROUND 3 !!!

LOLOLOL lee i'm sorry...i had to...i just had to.

LOLOLOL

LOLOLOLOL Wit your a mess LOLOL! You are so predictable. LOL

Hey, Royal Order Comin soon, fix yall face LOLOLOL

Nar

witness
10-19-2006, 05:17 PM
LOLOLOLOL Wit your a mess LOLOL! You are so predictable. LOL

Nar

WORD UP!!!

GET READY FOR THAT ROYAL ORDER MIXTAPE!!!!

...AND DON'T FORGET ABOUT THUNDERGROUND 3!!!

lee, i was initially gon plug royal order too but i didn't know if you wanted me to put yall on blast LOL. apparently that's cool with you. i'm done debating with catz lol for real...if our music is against your convictions...don't listen to it. ya feel me. lol.

demonic

hollaaaaaaa (ja rule voice)

wit

temper77016
10-19-2006, 05:26 PM
I can't believe you would say that. I understand your frustration but is it enough to ask someone to take their life because of your anger. Not to bite your head but come on somebody's child could be reading your post. In all things, do it in love, even when you are disgusted. This is the number one reason why "CHRISTIANS" have a bad rep for attitudes.:eek:

ZestD
10-19-2006, 05:39 PM
I can't believe you would say that. I understand your frustration but is it enough to ask someone to take their life because of your anger. Not to bite your head but come on somebody's child could be reading your post. In all things, do it in love, even when you are disgusted. This is the number one reason why "CHRISTIANS" have a bad rep for attitudes.:eek:

Where is that coming from?

eyesofphaith
10-19-2006, 05:53 PM
Ofcourse a beat in and of it's self is not secular, but I am referring to those beats that have already been made popular in secular songs. Should we (referring to HHH artists, and aspiring artists) continue to rap over these beats in the midst of unbelievers or babes in Christ?

Some things to consider: Will the audience be listening intently to the message that you are delivering or will their minds wander astray to their favorite secular artist when that beat is being played? Wouldn't this be counterproductive to reaching souls with the gospel of Christ?

share your opinions/beliefs...

Here's a better question SHOULD WE EVEN RAP?

I mean this genre was USED by secular people first. So is whatever is used by someone else first so tainted with the spirit of that person that it can never be used.

You gonna tell me as I said before that if God can clean out a man full of demons, he can't do the same for a beat that carries a spirit. What's the differnce...bu bu bu but nothin.(LOL)

This is sooooo oooollldd. Both sides have already spoken exhaustively with opinions the law has even been quoted on the topic. So in the words of a world famous dirtbizzle "Yer Done". We could've referred the Shock to the old threads on this topic but but VVVVVIIIIIICCCCCCCK!:D

ROMANS 14 MY BREDREN ROMANS 14

simplyG
10-19-2006, 06:08 PM
I would think that someone who's doing God's mission would at the very least use what God helps them to create, not what a proven heathen has used to go triple platinum.

ZestD
10-19-2006, 06:10 PM
Time and time again in the Bible God makes something intended for evil(or evil itself) holy and edifying.

I refuse to logically accept that there is a 'spirit' attached to combined soundwaves. That is simply ridiculous.

witness
10-19-2006, 06:30 PM
Time and time again in the Bible God makes something intended for evil(or evil itself) holy and edifying.

I refuse to logically accept that there is a 'spirit' attached to combined soundwaves. That is simply ridiculous.

thank you. lol.

simplyG
10-19-2006, 06:34 PM
Here's an idea: use marilyn manson's beautiful people for a hhh song. See what happens.

witness
10-19-2006, 06:35 PM

what up winna...i wasn't posting nothin outta anger. so slow ya roll a lil. but as my man eyesofphaith said....this is a dead horse. and i apologize if you are new to this board but like i said...this is a dead horse. u just gotta learn to agree to disagree with some saints. can't all agree on everything....hence different theologies/denominations. nah mean?

Unseen
10-19-2006, 06:37 PM

Nar
Man people get repetetive with this topic.

yo Lee, im rocking these monitors for a sec. not sure how long i got them, but ima start mixing some of them joints after my midterms next week. ;)

ZestD
10-19-2006, 06:41 PM
Here's an idea: use marilyn manson's beautiful people for a hhh song. See what happens.
Unfortunately your kind of fear of demonic forces is common in church circles. I refuse to give much credit to satan when Christ is Raid and satan is a little ant. Too bad many have the theology or religiousity that there is a demon behind every bush, tv, corner, and whatever. Why live in fear? Romans 8:31. Read it.

I'm not much into hardcore screamo crap rock. Maybe remix or simply using the guitar riffs(which are actually pretty dope) would make a pretty fresh song.

simplyG
10-19-2006, 06:45 PM
Unfortunately your kind of fear of demonic forces is common in church circles. I refuse to give much credit to satan when Christ is Raid and satan is a little ant. Too bad many have the theology or religiousity that there is a demon behind every bush, tv, corner, and whatever. Why live in fear? Romans 8:31. Read it.

I'm not much into hardcore screamo crap rock. Maybe remix or simply using the guitar riffs(which are actually pretty dope) would make a pretty fresh song.

Just do it, videotape it, and post it here. You know what will happen.

thankfull
10-19-2006, 06:51 PM
Man people get repetetive with this topic.

yo Lee, im rocking these monitors for a sec. not sure how long i got them, but ima start mixing some of them joints after my midterms next week. ;)

new folks come and post the repetitive topics. This dead horse has been beat down...:(

ZestD
10-19-2006, 06:52 PM
Just do it, videotape it, and post it here. You know what will happen.
What would happen? Nothing.

You are saying an arrangement of musical chords are inherently evil? I analyze and use logic whenever possible and I can't possibly dumb myself down that much to actually believe it.

If one feels so inclined you could simply pray that the piece would be edifying.

Unseen
10-19-2006, 06:55 PM
new folks come and post the repetitive topics. This dead horse has been beat down...:(

They clone the horse bring it to life til death, get clone again just to beat it to death again and again. :D

simplyG
10-19-2006, 06:57 PM
What would happen? Nothing.

You are saying an arrangement of musical chords are inherently evil? I analyze and use logic whenever possible and I can't possibly dumb myself down that much to actually believe it.

If one feels so inclined you could simply pray that the piece would be edifying.

I understand. You won't do it out of fear...cool.

ZestD
10-19-2006, 07:01 PM
I understand. You won't do it out of fear...cool.

You are implying that somehow God isn't big enough to make what you perceive as evil(mmanson) and use it for good.

In the Bible, God used many people/events/situations that were evil (Paul anyone?) and used them for good.

Don't put God in a box in your mind. He's too big for that.

simplyG
10-19-2006, 07:06 PM
You are implying that somehow God isn't big enough to make what you perceive as evil(mmanson) and use it for good.

In the Bible, God used many people/events/situations that were evil (Paul anyone?) and used them for good.

Don't put God in a box in your mind. He's too big for that.

I'm inferring, not implying.
Hey, I peeped out the PAW dancers as the secular beats hit the sanctuary. The moves became more self-oriented instead of God-centered. I've peeped this out repeatedly.
God can do anything--that doesn't mean He will do it just because we think he should or has.
Manson isn't perceived evil, he's an avowed atheist/satanist. No perception involved their.

ZestD
10-19-2006, 07:11 PM
I'm inferring, not implying.
Hey, I peeped out the PAW dancers as the secular beats hit the sanctuary. The moves became more self-oriented instead of God-centered. I've peeped this out repeatedly.
God can do anything--that doesn't mean He will do it just because we think he should or has.
Manson isn't perceived evil, he's an avowed atheist/satanist. No perception involved their.
True about inferring. Writers infer, readers imply...I just was writing and getting it out there.

The problem evidently is people's reaction to the music then. Not a little music demon or whatever.

I wouldn't say he is evil though. Lost? Yes. Confused? Yes. Passionate about who he is? Yes. Unfortunately that is less than I can say about many 'christians' I know.

simplyG
10-19-2006, 07:14 PM
True about inferring. Writers infer, readers imply...I just was writing and getting it out there.

The problem evidently is people's reaction to the music then. Not a little music demon or whatever.

I wouldn't say he is evil though. Lost? Yes. Confused? Yes. Passionate about who he is? Yes. Unfortunately that is less than I can say about many 'christians' I know.

I never said demon, though that's a good debate...
It's the reaction to the music that raises the question: are they lifted up because it's Parliament or because God is good--and if it's because God is so good, why are they dancing like strippers?
Manson ain't confused--homo/bisexuals are confused. He's commited his life to his master.

ZestD
10-19-2006, 07:21 PM
I never said demon, though that's a good debate...
It's the reaction to the music that raises the question: are they lifted up because it's Parliament or because God is good--and if it's because God is so good, why are they dancing like strippers?
Manson ain't confused--homo/bisexuals are confused. He's commited his life to his master.

Dancing like strippers? According to my viewpoint, that's mostly from the garbage culture that Viacom breeds, along with many other socioeconomic factors (decline of two parent homes, lack of parenting, rise of Tolerance, pluralism, etc.).

I firmly believe manson can be saved. I put his situation and pagans/wiccans/gays/muslims in the same boat. Their action/devotion is appalling, I wouldn't say they are evil though. Perhaps I'm an optimist in that regard, but I know in my heart and in God's power that they can(and manson too) be saved.

witness
10-19-2006, 07:29 PM
http://ser8.imgdump.net/images/10192006/s8_72f66e38ce6811b.gif (http://www.imgdump.net/)

simplyG
10-19-2006, 07:32 PM
http://ser8.imgdump.net/images/10192006/s8_72f66e38ce6811b.gif (http://www.imgdump.net/)

I really like that picutre!

ZestD
10-19-2006, 07:34 PM
I concur.

nar8ta
10-19-2006, 07:37 PM
Only if God leads....and this means he talks w/ me before anyone contacts me. You see, lots of times cats will tell you to pray on it....I highly doubt if they prayed on getting a free beat from you!

Furthermore, I do dirt cheap beats ($25 on the liquidation page) that are high quality. Bottom line, if you not willing to invest $25 into your ministry, why would I invest free beats into your ministry? If you show me you are serious about your ministry, I'll be more apt to sow into it!

:eek: $25 a beat and dudes done what to pay that, tell me I'm reading wrong, that a fish sandwich and a bootleg verse of the Passion at the corner bodega (I'm playing) LOLOL. Man yall sure know how to make new comer HHH producers welcome. $25 is just ridiculous. The electric bill in my crib is $300 a month, I refuse. And people want freebies. Demonic!!!!!!!!!!

One thing I learned in life, you will not respect what you don't pay for! A workmen is worth his wage for 1,000,000 time. I'm tellin yall I with Todd on the producers coalition, HHH needs a union! I'ma start puttin the inflatable Rat dolls in front of HHH artist crib with a sign around its neck saying "pay us or don't preach nothing"! LOLOL

http://at.yorku.ca/~elliott/home/giant_rat/rat.html

Nar

Psalmist
10-19-2006, 08:56 PM
:eek: $25 a beat and dudes done what to pay that, tell me I'm reading wrong, that a fish sandwich and a bootleg verse of the Passion at the corner bodega (I'm playing) LOLOL. Man yall sure know how to make new comer HHH producers welcome. $25 is just ridiculous. The electric bill in my crib is $300 a month, I refuse. And people want freebies. Demonic!!!!!!!!!!

One thing I learned in life, you will not respect what you don't pay for! A workmen is worth his wage for 1,000,000 time. I'm tellin yall I with Todd on the producers coalition, HHH needs a union! I'ma start puttin the inflatable Rat dolls in front of HHH artist crib with a sign around its neck saying "pay us or don't preach nothing"! LOLOL

Nar
you hilarious cuz

Gloria
10-19-2006, 09:32 PM

LOL! Funny :D

thankfull
10-19-2006, 09:39 PM

Nar

http://at.yorku.ca/~elliott/home/giant_rat/rat3.jpg

http://img50.photobucket.com/albums/v154/CeeCee73/Smilies/rotfl.gif

nar8ta
10-19-2006, 10:41 PM
http://at.yorku.ca/~elliott/home/giant_rat/rat3.jpg

http://img50.photobucket.com/albums/v154/CeeCee73/Smilies/rotfl.gif

Yup I'm tellin yall, I'm done with these artists, I'ma put the Rat right against the speaker will their performing. Remember when Baalam got rebuke by the donkey the Rats gonna start screaming "Yall short change preachas, Pay them their wage"..................Demonic LOLOL

$25 O I'm so sick of that! LOL

Nar

Deadmanwalking
10-19-2006, 11:37 PM
I apologize in advance; I'll admit I don't read many responses in their entirety.

That being said, I'd like to respond to the brothers who so politely responded to me.

For starters, I'm used to the nitpicky stuff ya'll get into on these boards. I'm a vet of the hhz boards, so this is not unfamiliar territory.

If you'd like me to rephrase: Opinions are obsolete when the result is Spiritual fruit.

The thing is, you still have an opinion based on what you've seen and experienced. I should also state that not everyone can do it. Some people just don't have the strength to pull it off.

Now the reason I make such bold statements is because it's been done. There's no question about who didn't get touched b/c they couldn't get over the secular beat. To GOD be all the glory cuz when it gets done, whether in large or small groups, they hear the message of Christ loud and clear. In fact, the songs I've done have had quite the opposite effect. I've whole crews of dudes roll up on me talking bout "Yo, I thought you was just gonna be another wanna be thug dude who rap Jesus, but yo, you was spitting some truth." Why? B/c the beat is a vehicle to your message. Now if your message is mediocre, then heads are going to focus on the hottest thing you offer them. In other words, if your beat is better than you, heads will stop listening to you and start listening to the beat. So in essence, whether you're spitting over a "Christian" beat or a secular beat doesn't matter cuz no matter what, if you ain't bringing it, heads won't listen to your message.

I have experience to back up what I say. That's why I speak so matter of factly. Not cuz I think it can be done. Again, theories and opinions don't mean much when the proof is there.

I'm done for now. I'll get at ya'll later.

Peace. GOD bless.

Shock~Therapy
10-19-2006, 11:58 PM
yeah this topic is becoming a bit over-done and many comments have jumped off topic. I appreciate everyones responses and feedback, some were very thought out and made me think, other responses were.... well lets just focus on the well thought out responses. :D

Mods could you close this thread now?? I think this subject has been milked for all it's worth

Psalmist
10-20-2006, 06:49 AM
yeah this topic is becoming a bit over-done and many comments have jumped off topic. I appreciate everyones responses and feedback, some were very thought out and made me think, other responses were.... well lets just focus on the well thought out responses. :D

Mods could you close this thread now?? I think this subject has been milked for all it's worth
This aint no dead horse....maybe for you'll b/c your just encountering an inconvenient truth....thats funny...I don't care so its not relevant.....hope you don't treat ministry like that!

4Sight Sounds
10-20-2006, 07:13 AM

Nar

LOL....you are a NUT!

Shock~Therapy
10-20-2006, 08:48 AM
This aint no dead horse....maybe for you'll b/c your just encountering an inconvenient truth....thats funny...I don't care so its not relevant.....hope you don't treat ministry like that!

Ummm... actually not. I am requesting that the thread be locked because people have strayed from the actual subject and appear to be getting emotional in there responses and your reply seems to be further proof of that.

As far an "inconvenient truth", everyone's responses are opinionated, some are more valid than others, but you cannot say one person's response is the truth and every other response is a lie. I have yet to state my opinion in the matter, so you have yet to know where I stand but you assume that I am asking for the thread to be closed because "I don't care so it's not relevant". If I didn't care I would have never started this thread. There has been nothing new said since page 4, and once again this thread has become off topic.

One question: did you pray before typing your response? If not, then please do so in the future. I apologize if I am misconstruing what you are saying but your response seemed more like a personal snipe (i.e. "hope you don't treat ministry like that!") then the truth spoken in love. We must edify and build each other up and not tear each other down.

Mods please close this thread before it becomes anymore off topic and we have a christian royal rumble in here.

Psalmist
10-20-2006, 08:53 AM
Ummm... actually not. I am requesting that the thread be locked because people have strayed from the actual subject and appear to be getting emotional in there responses and your reply seems to be further proof of that.

As far an "inconvenient truth", everyone's responses are opinionated, some are more valid than others, but you cannot say one person's response is the truth and every other response is a lie. I have yet to state my opinion in the matter, so you have yet to know where I stand but you assume that I am asking for the thread to be closed because "I don't care so it's not relevant". If I didn't care I would have never started this thread. There has been nothing new said since page 4, and once again this thread has become off topic.

One question: did you pray before typing your response? If not, then please do so in the future. I apologize if I am misconstruing what you are saying but your response seemed more like a personal snipe (i.e. "hope you don't treat ministry like that!") then the truth spoken in love. We must edify and build each other up and not tear each other down.

Mods please close this thread before it becomes anymore off topic and we have a christian royal rumble in here.

Sorry if you took offense....wasn't meant to be a personal snipe....It was actually aimed at quite a few people.

Back to the subject:
Can anyone show me biblical evidence for why we should use anything secular in our ministry?

witness
10-20-2006, 09:05 AM
Sorry if you took offense....wasn't meant to be a personal snipe....It was actually aimed at quite a few people.

Back to the subject:
Can anyone show me biblical evidence for why we should use anything secular in our ministry?

can you show me biblical evidence for why we should use alter calls in our church services?

ctide
10-20-2006, 09:34 AM
If you'd like me to rephrase: Opinions are obsolete when the result is Spiritual fruit.

In essence I agree with you, however lets just be careful not to confuse fruit with ministry success (not saying you are)

just remember, fruit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentileness, self-control, ect.....

ministy success can happen to unsaved folks "'didnt we prophecy in your name, and in your name perform many miracles?'... 'I never knew you'"

fruit is fruit, our personal lives, how we treat our co-workers and wifes, ministry success is good... but it is not a testimony to our relationship with God. It is our fruit that testifies.

You will know them by there love for one another!

That being said, I love ya'll!!!!!!!!!

saintjoetheservant
10-20-2006, 09:37 AM
can you show me biblical evidence for why we should use alter calls in our church services?

:eek:

wow, man, this is uhmmmmmmmmmm

an alter call is just a call to repentance which is all over the bible (for the record, when I preach I don't give an "altar call" by saying come to the front of the church...rah rah.... but I do give a call to repentance and salvation, but maybe you're speaking on the actual "come up to the front if you want salvation" type thing?...)

yo saints, people will stick to what they wanna do/believe, on both sides, I have a stance on this but I won't knock my fellow saints personally for believing what they do, if my opinion is asked of I will give it, I do feel some put too little emphasis on music, some maybe too much, but spiritual warfare is real and until we understand all the many ways this warfare takes place then a topic like this will never be resolved because many are looking from the natrual, but all in all there is not very much love being shown in this thread, I see people who are looking deeper into the spiritual side of things referred to as religious or scared, and also those who may not look at it that way are subliminally accused of being "un-spiritual"

all the people i've talked to on this I just tell them to seek the LORD, He will reveal it though it may not be what you want to hear, and seeking the LORD and hearing His voice takes practice too because you gotta be ready for Him to tell you that you are wrong ( this is to everyone in general not one side or the other)

but honestly some of the responses in this thread are a little bit scary....

ctide
10-20-2006, 09:43 AM
15"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

witness
10-20-2006, 09:44 AM
:eek:

wow, man, this is uhmmmmmmmmmm

an alter call is just a call to repentance which is all over the bible (for the record, when I preach I don't give an "altar call" by saying come to the front of the church...rah rah.... but I do give a call to repentance and salvation, but maybe you're speaking on the actual "come up to the front if you want salvation" type thing?...)

yo saints, people will stick to what they wanna do/believe, on both sides, I have a stance on this but I won't knock my fellow saints personally for believing what they do, if my opinion is asked of I will give it, I do feel some put too little emphasis on music, some maybe too much, but spiritual warfare is real and until we understand all the many ways this warfare takes place then a topic like this will never be resolved because many are looking from the natrual, but all in all there is not very much love being shown in this thread, I see people who are looking deeper into the spiritual side of things referred to as religious or scared, and also those who may not look at it that way are subliminally accused of being "un-spiritual"

all the people i've talked to on this I just tell them to seek the LORD, He will reveal it though it may not be what you want to hear, and seeking the LORD and hearing His voice takes practice too because you gotta be ready for Him to tell you that you are wrong ( this is to everyone in general not one side or the other)

but honestly some of the responses in this thread are a little bit scary....

nah i wasn't knockin an alter call. i'm 100000% for it. but theres no biblical evidence specifically about an alter call (the whole process)...but it doesn't make it wrong. nah mean? i wasn't tryna mislead.

ctide
10-20-2006, 09:53 AM
secular beats = meat offered to idols!

"beats offered to idols" lol

do what your conceince lets you

1Now about food sacrificed to idols: We know that we all possess knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up. 2The man who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know. 3But the man who loves God is known by God.
4So then, about eating food sacrificed to idols: We know that an idol is nothing at all in the world and that there is no God but one. 5For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many "gods" and many "lords"), 6yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

7But not everyone knows this. Some people are still so accustomed to idols that when they eat such food they think of it as having been sacrificed to an idol, and since their conscience is weak, it is defiled. 8But food does not bring us near to God; we are no worse if we do not eat, and no better if we do.

9Be careful, however, that the exercise of your freedom does not become a stumbling block to the weak. 10For if anyone with a weak conscience sees you who have this knowledge eating in an idol's temple, won't he be emboldened to eat what has been sacrificed to idols? 11So this weak brother, for whom Christ died, is destroyed by your knowledge. 12When you sin against your brothers in this way and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ. 13Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother to fall into sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause him to fall.

Psalmist
10-20-2006, 10:50 AM
SO ST. JOE
What is your humble opinion!

deca
10-20-2006, 11:21 AM
what about K-drama song Strugglin. personally i love this song. Didnt he use a secular beat? But i still love the way he flipped it.

Personally,
i tried using secular beats in the ministry. I would sing my original songs and in the middle mix in a secular beat and flip. like when Lean back was popular i flipped and changed the chorus to preach christ.

but im not afraid that people that know fat joe's song will think of the original. i was more concern with people that didnt know lean back but were now asking to hear it (to compare) i was leading more souls to peep the secular then to go to the bible. it kind of defeats the purpose.

Hey love you guys from frontlynaz. when i tried finding holy hip hop mixtapes to spread to unbeleivers, frontlynaz were the first ones i found on soundclick. i mucho respect you guys.

but for once (like somebody else said on the forum,)i'd like to make mixtapes with holy hip hoppers beat.
Like catch Stephen the levite Disconnected beat freestyle over it or something. lets make the secular cats want our stuff instead of the opposite.

Foolish
10-20-2006, 11:41 AM
I'll just restate that it is illegal to use other people's tracks w/out permission. If you read copyright law, it doesn't matter if you're reselling the song or giving it away. It's illegal to affix lyrics to somebody elses work. The industry looks over it for the most part...so what. Still not ethically right.

I posted way back on page 2 my other reasons...flip back if you'd like.

One last thought, Deadmanwalking you stated in your last post that when dude's hear the beat they're drawn to it and then they're whole mentality changes...but in your first post way back on p. 1 you stated that "it doesn't matter whose beat it is", because it's the Spirit of God that draws all men. I know you're probably not going to change your opinion over an internet forum discussion, but I just want you to see your contradiction. I also invite you to reread my responses on p. 2 and maybe hit back some responses on those. Aight dude and the rest of you all...be ez.

4Sight Sounds
10-20-2006, 11:48 AM
Yup I'm tellin yall, I'm done with these artists, I'ma put the Rat right against the speaker will their performing. Remember when Baalam got rebuke by the donkey the Rats gonna start screaming "Yall short change preachas, Pay them their wage"..................Demonic LOLOL

$25 O I'm so sick of that! LOL

Nar

You need halp, fam.....that rat picture is stuck in my head now....:D

nar8ta
10-20-2006, 12:09 PM
LOL....you are a NUT!

LOLOLOL $25, I'm still buggin off that, Man yall done started something!
I'm start slapin CD off tables, talkin bout "bless me brotha, my kids got to eat" LOL no that Demonic! I'm tired of that! $25, that number is from the pit of HELL! $25, the brothas are in the struggle can't get more than $25 a beat, man, saints need Jesus!

Forget the Mix tape beat issue, we have a worst issue at hand, these producers need to be blessed.

Brotha 4Sight Sound got arthritis in his pointer finger from beating a MPC, he now uses a roll of pennys to press the pads and the brotha can't get his Gwop, Demonic. LOL

Brotha Unseen chewed off his arms because he heard voices telling him "there are no MPC's in heaven" LOL

Pastor Joe got bigger issues, the brotha got suicidal roaches in his crib. The roaches just lay down in his raisin bran with a black tuxedo, talkin bout pay me know mind I'm done here, this house is killin me! LOLOL:D hahahaha oooo my stomach LOLOL:D

And Brotha Brinson the brotha done sold his refigerator and bought a water cooler filled with Koolaid, talkin bout "as soon as that dude breaks through my wall, I'm lay hands and cast sugar diabeties out of him, "GIVE GOD Praise" LOL

Please support HHH producer, These brothas are going through. "Tap three people and tell them, to take the duct tape off there wallet and give" LOL

Pray my strength in the Lord as I combat the stingy spirit! LOL

Nar

Brinson
10-20-2006, 12:35 PM
Nar8ta said he is going back his High Top Fade with the Red Dye in the middle if people don't start the madness on these beats. Talkin bout Forget Royal Order He is going to make a ROYAL ALTAR. For all these artist that don't want to Co labor wit Preacher......

Stop Worshiping your Dollar and Get a Track from Nar8ta.......

saintjoetheservant
10-20-2006, 12:37 PM
nah i wasn't knockin an alter call. i'm 100000% for it. but theres no biblical evidence specifically about an alter call (the whole process)...but it doesn't make it wrong. nah mean? i wasn't tryna mislead.

nah I got you fam, I know you wasn't knockin, I was just :eek: at the comparison, I know you fam, and I know your heart, keep it movin!!

saintjoetheservant
10-20-2006, 12:40 PM
I'm start slapin CD off tables, talkin bout "bless me brotha, my kids got to eat" LOL no that Demonic! I'm tired of that! $25, that number is from the pit of HELL! $25, the brothas are in the struggle can't get more than $25 a beat, man, saints need Jesus!

Forget the Mix tape beat issue, we have a worst issue at hand, these producers need to be blessed.

Brotha 4Sight Sound got arthritis in his pointer finger from beating a MPC, he now uses a roll of pennys to press the pads and the brotha can't get his Gwop, Demonic. LOL

Brotha Unseen chewed off his arms because he heard voices telling him "there are no MPC's in heaven" LOL

Pastor Joe got bigger issues, the brotha got suicidal roaches in his crib. The roaches just lay down in his raisin bran with a black tuxedo, talkin bout pay me know mind I'm done here, this house is killin me! LOLOL:D hahahaha oooo my stomach LOLOL:D

And Brotha Brinson the brotha done sold his refigerator and bought a water cooler filled with Koolaid, talkin bout "as soon as that dude breaks through my wall, I'm lay hands and cast sugar diabeties out of him, "GIVE GOD Praise" LOL

Please support HHH producer, These brothas are going through. "Tap three people and tell them, to take the duct tape off there wallet and give" LOL

Nar

hahaha

and cat's still be complainin to my man....25 dollars, let me get 3 for 25 bro, bless a brotha!!! :D

saintjoetheservant
10-20-2006, 12:49 PM
SO ST. JOE
What is your humble opinion!

:D

I've truly sought the LORD on music and it's not just sounds, some may mock but it's been confirmed too many times that music is spiritual, I do think certain things get tied to music, I also believe the LORD can clean whatever He wants to use for His purpose, that doesn't mean He will!!

I believe alot of us just want that hot beat and don't really ask the LORD to clean it because of the lack of understanding to the spiritual side of music, again, not knocking the saints, and I don't think I got some secret knowledge, some just think music is music and lyrics make the difference, but if you study music and it's root in many religions you will see that alot of it is no words, just the instruments. Again, I got nothing but love for my saints and I will not bash my brothers in the LORD.

I can go on further if anyone wants to chat it up but I feel what I have stated is the overview of what I believe on this matter.

Brinson
10-20-2006, 12:52 PM
hahaha

and cat's still be complainin to my man....25 dollars, let me get 3 for 25 bro, bless a brotha!!! :D

LISTEN YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME ! ! ! ! ! ! !

THAT CAN'T BE RIGHT ! ! ! BROTHERS NEED TO BE DELIEVERED ON THE REAL!

$25 a beat man that is more than a deal that is a give away love offering.
SMH

3 for $25 THE DEVIL IS A LIAR LOL LOL LOL LOL

saintjoetheservant
10-20-2006, 01:01 PM
hahaha!!!

nar8ta
10-20-2006, 01:06 PM
Nar8ta said he is going back his High Top Fade with the Red Dye in the middle if people don't start the madness on these beats. Talkin bout Forget Royal Order He is going to make a ROYAL ALTAR. For all these artist that don't want to Co labor wit Preacher......

Stop Worshiping your Dollar and Get a Track from Nar8ta.......

Preacha don't send them this way I don't do beats, I'm a professional stool investigater for the IRS. I can figure out where you live by what you eat! Yall south boys be eatin Mummy knuckles with lime dip , Demonic! LOLOL Yall southern boys can reck a bowl, This one southern HHH artist came to my crib to record, man the dude stunk-up my mic and tore down my comode, I had to disconnect the the bowl and leave it outside to air out, What yall southern saints be eatin, man! LOLOL:D

Disclaimer to southern HHH artists: I charge extra for studio time, cause yall stomaches are messed up! LOLOL Demonic! LOL

Nar

Psalmist
10-20-2006, 01:25 PM
hahaha

surely do....thats a shame cuz

Psalmist
10-20-2006, 01:26 PM
:D

I've truly sought the LORD on music and it's not just sounds, some may mock but it's been confirmed too many times that music is spiritual, I do think certain things get tied to music, I also believe the LORD can clean whatever He wants to use for His purpose, that doesn't mean He will!!

I believe alot of us just want that hot beat and don't really ask the LORD to clean it because of the lack of understanding to the spiritual side of music, again, not knocking the saints, and I don't think I got some secret knowledge, some just think music is music and lyrics make the difference, but if you study music and it's root in many religions you will see that alot of it is no words, just the instruments. Again, I got nothing but love for my saints and I will not bash my brothers in the LORD.

I can go on further if anyone wants to chat it up but I feel what I have stated is the overview of what I believe on this matter.
ayo...pm me or call me...we need to build on this good brother

4Sight Sounds
10-20-2006, 01:41 PM

Nar

Aw man...this is classic...I almost choked on my food from reading this! :D

Psalmist
10-20-2006, 02:48 PM
Aw man...this is classic...I almost choked on my food from reading this! :D
Off topic again? wow.

Ayo, for those who agree w/ using secular beats....whats your scripture base?

witness
10-20-2006, 04:19 PM
Off topic again? wow.

Ayo, for those who agree w/ using secular beats....whats your scripture base?

Matthew 28:19-20.

Lol...nah but for real. Using secular beats works in some arenas and doesn't in others. For example....in street ministry it is effective. I know that from personal experience. Just because in some isolated incident, someone had a problem about it doesn't necessarily make it a "stumbling block" in biblical terms. Cuz let's be real....somebody may consider the fact that you wear sneakers a stumbling block because someone may have robbed em' of they Jordans the day before.

In some churches, it is ineffective because it may be a distraction or divert the attention. So in those arenas, we choose not to use secular tracks.But I've found in a street setting...street catz just don't care. They're more concerned with what you're saying. God can use anything for His glory...if He could use a donkey...He could use a secular beat.

And to the homeboy who said it was illegal...it isn't. As long as you're not selling it. I forget what the specific law is called...but trust me it's legal. Breaking the law is sin. And ignorance of the law isn't an excuse for sin. So don't think that we're ignorant of the law mang. Just lettin you know.

Oh...and Lee...you're a nut.

Wit

Foolish
10-20-2006, 04:38 PM
Yo Witness! Yea that was me who said it was illegal. I'm still pretty sure it is if you break it down to technicalities. Most labels overlook it fa sho. Selling or not selling I'm almost 100% positive it isn't legit. I can check on that.

Another example of this that's related is when dudes sample...the urban legend is a sample 4 seconds or less is legit. Wrong, copyright law states any sample w/out permission is wrong even a milisecond. Sale or resale doesn't play a part in it at all. What copyright determines is who owns the music...if you use the beat you are jacking ownership regardless of whether or not you make profit or not.

Here's a link to one of many articles about sampling:

http://www.music-law.com/sampling.html

Notice it doesn't mention anything about sales...just using it w/out permission is a violation...for a sample...then imagine how much more so for an entire beat. Like I said, I know tons of dudes that do it and I know most major labels overlook it, but I can't do it.

If you can find me the law that states it's ok, I'd be interested in reading that. Not that I'd start jacking secular beats, but that would at least change the non-spiritual side of of my argument as to why not to use em. Thanks dude! PEEZ!

Brinson
10-20-2006, 04:47 PM
obey the laws of the land

ctide
10-20-2006, 04:52 PM
Yo Witness! Yea that was me who said it was illegal. I'm still pretty sure it is if you break it down to technicalities. Most labels overlook it fa sho. Selling or not selling I'm almost 100% positive it isn't legit. I can check on that.

Another example of this that's related is when dudes sample...the urban legend is a sample 4 seconds or less is legit. Wrong, copyright law states any sample w/out permission is wrong even a milisecond. Sale or resale doesn't play a part in it at all. What copyright determines is who owns the music...if you use the beat you are jacking ownership regardless of whether or not you make profit or not.

Here's a link to one of many articles about sampling:

http://www.music-law.com/sampling.html

Notice it doesn't mention anything about sales...just using it w/out permission is a violation...for a sample...then imagine how much more so for an entire beat. Like I said, I know tons of dudes that do it and I know most major labels overlook it, but I can't do it.

If you can find me the law that states it's ok, I'd be interested in reading that. Not that I'd start jacking secular beats, but that would at least change the non-spiritual side of of my argument as to why not to use em. Thanks dude! PEEZ!

there are fair play laws as well that apply as restrictions to absolue copyright laws

AND

secular emcees put out beat CDs with permission to use in promo tracks only... so there son!!!!

i only learned bout that stuff like 2 weeks ago

J-Woods(BangTheory)
10-20-2006, 05:05 PM
Yet again another complete waste of oxygen, kats are either for it or against it, IM for it, don't care what the nay sayers think or how they attempt to flip the scripture outta context on it and how its illegal or give their opinion on this oh so overdone and tired subject. Souls get saved, God's spirit moves explain that, and then maybe you can talk to me about it, but as for me and the crew i roll wit, its all good! I feel that Witness was on point, works well in some instances and some instances it doesn't, Ive seen this very topic like 80 million times this year already, please stop it only causes problems, there is no proof to prove using them is wrong, haters can hate, but i still love you anyway, Grace and Peace

J-Woods

J-Woods

simplyG
10-20-2006, 05:09 PM
"wu tang in the sanctuary--as long as it saves souls..."
Hmm...

Psalmist
10-20-2006, 05:13 PM
Yet again another complete waste of oxygen, kats are either for it or against it, IM for it, don't care what the nay sayers think or how they attempt to flip the scripture outta context on it, Souls get saved, God's spirit moves explain that, and then maybe you can talk to me about it, but as for me and the crew i roll wit, its all good!

J-Woods
But it do matter if there is a scriptural base either for or against it. So far I've seen a scriptural base against, but have yet to see one for!

J-Woods(BangTheory)
10-20-2006, 05:57 PM
I didn't come on here to be debated, im not budging on this at all, Im in complete agreement on using secular tracks, Im not really feelin peoples reasoning against it, you say there is solid scripture to go against using them, what scripture is that?? Thou shalt not use secular tracks to save souls, and minister in the streets. Kats say there are plenty of christian producers who can make free tracks for mixtapes im all for it, but a lot of producer be given them throw away tracks that aren't quality, no offense but im not into making mixtapes with tracks that are under par, That is not a bash on all christian producers just to clear that up so don't get it twisted, most of the christian producers in here got it goin on......MOST!!!!, but there are also SOME!!! in here that just aren't up on the times(myself not included cuz i just started making tracks about a year ago). Im into quality and you must pay for quality so as a result if i do a mixtape i will use secular tracks for it cuz i can't afford tracks like that. Brinson, 4 sight sounds, St. Joe, Narata, Caje Illes, make nice tracks, ST Joe made 2 tracks for Cram session Vol 2 cuz God told him too for free however they were quality tracks. Im sure there are more producers in here that make tracks, I just haven't heard them nor am i doubtin that anyone here can make hot tracks, so im gonna make this clear: IM NOT BASHING ANYONE IN HERE!!!, if its a free track make it a quality one, if not quality as an emcee im gonna resort to the next best thing, a secular track. Cuz im tryin to do whatever i can to save souls as long as it doesn't violate the word of God. I love everyone in this forum, if you have a problem with somethin i said, PM me, I will not address this publicly on this forum again Thanks you, Grace and Peace

J-Woods(Bang Theory Music)

Psalmist
10-20-2006, 06:13 PM
I didn't come on here to be debated, im not budging on this at all, Im in complete agreement on using secular tracks, Im not really feelin peoples reasoning against it, you say there is solid scripture to go against using them, what scripture is that?? Thou shalt not use secular tracks to save souls, and minister in the streets. Kats say there are plenty of christian producers who can make free tracks for mixtapes im all for it, but a lot of producer be given them throw away tracks that aren't quality, no offense but im not into making mixtapes with tracks that are under par, That is not a bash on all christian producers just to clear that up so don't get it twisted, most of the christian producers in here got it goin on......MOST!!!!, but there are also SOME!!! in here that just aren't up on the times(myself not included cuz i just started making tracks about a year ago). Im into quality and you must pay for quality so as a result if i do a mixtape i will use secular tracks for it cuz i can't afford tracks like that. Brinson, 4 sight sounds, St. Joe, Narata, Caje Illes, make nice tracks, ST Joe made 2 tracks for Cram session Vol 2 cuz God told him too for free however they were quality tracks. Im sure there are more producers in here that make tracks, I just haven't heard them nor am i doubtin that anyone here can make hot tracks, so im gonna make this clear: IM NOT BASHING ANYONE IN HERE!!!, if its a free track make it a quality one, if not quality as an emcee im gonna resort to the next best thing, a secular track. Cuz im tryin to do whatever i can to save souls as long as it doesn't violate the word of God. I love everyone in this forum, if you have a problem with somethin i said, PM me, I will not address this publicly on this forum again Thanks you, Grace and Peace

Ayo fam....first off, I love you cuz.
Secondly, you ever think that the producers that do give away free tracks, or the secular beat makers whose beats are being jacked don't feel like.....dag if you gonna use my track, at least make sure you lace it nicely. Cause no offense, but there are a lot more sub par Christian mixtapes, than joints that I would actually bang to!

Saying that you won't budge is admitting your stiff necked! Be careful cuz...stiffnecked is just a step away from a hardened heart. I don't believe the heart of God is to use secular tracks.

A lot of cats use that don't be unevenly yolked verse when talking about friends and dating, etc....but animals were yolked to DO WORK! When you put a mixtape w/ secular tracks, like it or not, you are working with that producer! So when you are working w/ secular producers that might not want anything to do w/ the gospel, you are definately yolking yourself w/ an unbeliever.....its really plain to see!

Can't wait til cats stop compromising and accepting God's permissable will isntead of pressing into His perfect will.

Psalmist

J-Woods(BangTheory)
10-20-2006, 06:28 PM
First off Psalmist you my man, I got mad love for you...

btw what ever happened to that track with all the emcee's on it we were supposed to do a while back you never got back to me on it. Get at me..anyway.....

Stiffnecked....I am very much so maybe stubborn at times but not when it comes to the things of God and what he's tellin me, and if God tells me its okay, then its okay, i have yet to feel convicted about it, and my heart isn't close to being hardened, Im honestly good, my heart is in good condition at this time. So your saying that a secular producer couldn't make a song for a christian emcee?? half of my friends are unbelievers, so are we to neglect the unbelievers then?? Whose to say that a secular producer wanted to do a christian hip hop song with a christian emcee??, what if God put that emcee there to minister to that unbelieving producer?? I do feel that scripture is aimed at relationships and marriage, i don't necessarily feel that it applies here, cuz if Dj premier or Kanye comes my way and says yo J-Woods i feel your rhymes and what your about im gonna throw a track your way for your Christian hip hop album, im takin it and im workin with him cuz thats an open door for me to minister to them not too mention a dope track too. I don't compromise the gospel, i won't make secular music. I do what God says, i consult him before decisions, and if he tells me yo J-Woods i don't think you should use secular tracks anymore then ill stop, until then, Im using them. Im done........

Grace and Peace

nar8ta
10-20-2006, 07:21 PM
Like I said before, If yall want to be extreme stop sampling all together, cause yall know yall are not callin up Harry fox for a mechanical license. Regardless how ever you put it, if you chop something from a record it came from somewhere, if you mangeled it, it still came from somewhere and someone. If you steal an egg from the store and you made a cake with it, sure the outcome is different but the ingredients still contain that egg.

If the original recording artist isn't saved than guess what, that liitle piece that you stole is not of GOD either, and the 3 second rule is a myth.

This sounds extreme right, then If we stand for righteousness on the Mixtape issue, stand for righteousness all across the board. I don't terrorize anyone about it but when we take a stand with the sword of truth recognise, the sword of truth has a double edged and It cuts everyone.

Nar

Psalmist
10-20-2006, 07:29 PM
Stiffnecked....I am very much so maybe stubborn at times but not when it comes to the things of God and what he's tellin me, and if God tells me its okay, then its okay, i have yet to feel convicted about it, and my heart isn't close to being hardened, Im honestly good, my heart is in good condition at this time.
Stiffnecked Might've Been to strong a word

So your saying that a secular producer couldn't make a song for a christian emcee?? half of my friends are unbelievers, so are we to neglect the unbelievers then?? Whose to say that a secular producer wanted to do a christian hip hop song with a christian song, what if God put that emcee there to minister to that unbelieving producer??
Thats different b/c the producer is trying to do a Christian song as opposed to a secular song that you just nab to do a Christian song w/. The vision of the artist/producer don't match.

btw.....the track is still on, but I gotta get the logistics worked out.

nar8ta
10-20-2006, 07:33 PM
"wu tang in the sanctuary--as long as it saves souls..."
Hmm...

Some of them are my Homies and one soon to be saved, Producer wise! You may hear a Wutang sound in the church pretty soon LOL. My man uncle "MIZZA" is a problem (he's the real creator of C.R.E.A.M). I try to keep the Light of CHRIST close to him!

Nar

simplyG
10-20-2006, 08:25 PM
Some of them are my Homies and one soon to be saved, Producer wise! You may hear a Wutang sound in the church pretty soon LOL. My man uncle "MIZZA" is a problem (he's the real creator of C.R.E.A.M). I try to keep the Light of CHRIST close to him!

Nar

Cash Rules Everything Around Me--dollar-dollar-bill-ya'll.
Hope he gets saved, because it's warm there year-round...

jeyjey34
10-20-2006, 08:46 PM
Stephen the Levite: Statutes of Liberty

Let me conclude it with this/
You can prove with the scripts/
That you can do what you wish/
BUT WHAT'S THE FRUIT OF IT, KID?

I know some people are mad/
and won't receive it, in fact/
They hold and squeeze what they have/
There's no freedom in that

witness
10-21-2006, 01:15 AM
a beat is a beat. if you wanna break everything down and say that it has a "spirit" attached to it....then you should burn any ecko or sean john or even nike and reebok products that you own. because the originators aren't living a Godly lifestyle. and what bout the instruments you use for your beats? do you think that mpc's or fruityloops were made by Godly people? possibly...but probably not. whats the difference between these and a secular tracK? nothing. God can use a secular track for His glory. i've shown yall where i stand with this...and i am done because frankly, i don't see this going anywhere and it's becoming a waste of time. so i'ma go do something productive.

wit

Psalmist
10-21-2006, 02:13 AM
a beat is a beat. if you wanna break everything down and say that it has a "spirit" attached to it....then you should burn any ecko or sean john or even nike and reebok products that you own. because the originators aren't living a Godly lifestyle. and what bout the instruments you use for your beats? do you think that mpc's or fruityloops were made by Godly people? possibly...but probably not. whats the difference between these and a secular tracK? nothing. God can use a secular track for His glory. i've shown yall where i stand with this...and i am done because frankly, i don't see this going anywhere and it's becoming a waste of time. so i'ma go do something productive.

wit
I have never quoted that its b/c the originators aren't living godly lifestyles....it was more along the lines with vision and working together w/ someone of a different vision!

Truthfully, I do see both sides of the coin...however I will say for the record, mpc's and fruityloops are just tools to craft a beat, not a crafted beat...so they are completely different things.

Witness, I love you brother ever since I met you last year at that block party on Wayne Ave in Phila(dot)! I hope you aint getting too frustrated w/ this family....Just trying to create a scriptural basis for either side....we must return to the word and its statutes to create a worldview that is Godly.

Far be it from me to not examine something that you might think is so trivial...to me I'm trying to live holy and pure to the utmost...and that means examining this topic...and I brought it to the brothers attention (by responding to the post) to help form a Godly view that is highly examined!

nar8ta
10-21-2006, 03:30 AM
Like I said before, If yall want to be extreme stop sampling all together, cause yall know yall are not callin up Harry fox for a mechanical license. Regardless how ever you put it, if you chop something from a record it came from somewhere, if you mangeled it, it still came from somewhere and someone. If you steal an egg from the store and you made a cake with it, sure the outcome is different but the ingredients still contain that egg.

If the original recording artist isn't saved than guess what, that liitle piece that you stole is not of GOD either, and the 3 second rule is a myth.

This sounds extreme right, then If we stand for righteousness on the Mixtape issue, stand for righteousness all across the board. I don't terrorize anyone about it but when we take a stand with the sword of truth recognise, the sword of truth has a double edged and It cuts everyone.

Nar

Bump

Nar

Psalmist
10-21-2006, 07:29 AM
Bump

Nar
Nar I'm agreeing w/ you....not stop sampling though, but choosing out sample material a lot more carefully! Also, if we use the track...get the right clearances for it.....I might just need to employ a band!

Foolish
10-21-2006, 07:59 AM
I'll post this and move on...Witness summed it up and I think I've stated it. No one is changing their view over an internet forum.

Nar, I agree on the sampling tip as well which is why I don't sample.

Here's the bit on sound recordings and videos...no "fair play clause"...that's urban legend (just like 3 second sampling). If you find it for me though I will stand corrected and count myself educated...love getting education on the industry. Also notice 1, 2, and 3 are separate not intertwined so any of the 3is a violation.

And lastly...stress this...I know a lawyer from any major label will not hunt...will not...hunt you down if you use a beat. I know that people get saved through people using it. That being said, I also know people get saved WITHOUT those beats...so in the end it boils down to us obeying the laws of the United States or not. These laws don't violate God's commandments (like the laws of King Neb w/ Meshac and his homiez), so I'ma obey em (and I think there's scripture for that). That's me.

Also, I'm talking bout using the beats W/OUT permission. I'm not talking bout w/ permission. That's different and has more grey area, but I think it's pretty cut and dry what Christians should do if we DON'T have permission.

Believe me though Jand any others FOR it. I really don't care all that much about this issue...just another thing to discuss...and I don't think less of you for it. I'm def not a hata. Someone asked for an opinion...here it is and here's my reasoning for it...it's cool...I've done work for at least 2 artists in NY that use secular trax now and then for mixtapes...we are 100% cool...lol.

§ 1101. Unauthorized fixation and trafficking in sound recordings and music videos
(a) Unauthorized Acts. - Anyone who, without the consent of the performer or performers involved -

(1) fixes the sounds or sounds and images of a live musical performance in a copy or phonorecord, or reproduces copies or phonorecords of such a performance from an unauthorized fixation,

(2) transmits or otherwise communicates to the public the sounds or sounds and images of a live musical performance, or

(3) distributes or offers to distribute, sells or offers to sell, rents or offers to rent, or traffics in any copy or phonorecord fixed as described in paragraph (1), regardless of whether the fixations occurred in the United States,

shall be subject to the remedies provided in sections 502 through 505, to the same extent as an infringer of copyright.

(b) Definition. - As used in this section, the term "traffic in" means transport, transfer, or otherwise dispose of, to another, as consideration for anything of value, or make or obtain control of with intent to transport, transfer, or dispose of.

(c) Applicability. - This section shall apply to any act or acts that occur on or after the date of the enactment of the Uruguay Round Agreements Act.

(d) State Law Not Preempted. - Nothing in this section may be construed to annul or limit any rights or remedies under the common law or statutes of any State.

Peez Familia...you all know how to liven up the place...lol.

Psalmist
10-21-2006, 08:07 AM
thats gospel

Foolish
10-21-2006, 08:08 AM
Hey I found the "Fair Use" section. I'm reading this in context of using beatz for mixtapes w/out getting permission first, not beatz from producers on beat cds or stuff like that:

Section 107 contains a list of the various purposes for which the reproduction of a particular work may be considered “fair,” such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Section 107 also sets out four factors to be considered in determining whether or not a particular use is fair:

1) the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;

2) the nature of the copyrighted work;

3) amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and

4) the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.

The distinction between “fair use” and infringement may be unclear and not easily defined. There is no specific number of words, lines, or notes that may safely be taken without permission. Acknowledging the source of the copyrighted material does not substitute for obtaining permission.

The 1961 Report of the Register of Copyrights on the General Revision of the U.S. Copyright Law cites examples of activities that courts have regarded as fair use: “quotation of excerpts in a review or criticism for purposes of illustration or comment; quotation of short passages in a scholarly or technical work, for illustration or clarification of the author's observations; use in a parody of some of the content of the work parodied; summary of an address or article, with brief quotations, in a news report; reproduction by a library of a portion of a work to replace part of a damaged copy; reproduction by a teacher or student of a small part of a work to illustrate a lesson; reproduction of a work in legislative or judicial proceedings or reports; incidental and fortuitous reproduction, in a newsreel or broadcast, of a work located in the scene of an event being reported.”

Copyright protects the particular way an author has expressed himself; it does not extend to any ideas, systems, or factual information conveyed in the work.

The safest course is always to get permission from the copyright owner before using copyrighted material. The Copyright Office cannot give this permission.

When it is impracticable to obtain permission, use of copyrighted material should be avoided unless the doctrine of “fair use” would clearly apply to the situation. The Copyright Office can neither determine if a certain use may be considered “fair” nor advise on possible copyright violations. If there is any doubt, it is advisable to consult an attorney.

FL-102, Revised July 2006

Psalmist
10-21-2006, 08:10 AM
Hey I found the "Fair Use" section. I'm reading this in context of using beatz for mixtapes w/out getting permission first, not beatz from producers on beat cds or stuff like that:

Section 107 contains a list of the various purposes for which the reproduction of a particular work may be considered “fair,” such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Section 107 also sets out four factors to be considered in determining whether or not a particular use is fair:

1) the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;

3) amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and

4) the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.

The distinction between “fair use” and infringement may be unclear and not easily defined. There is no specific number of words, lines, or notes that may safely be taken without permission. Acknowledging the source of the copyrighted material does not substitute for obtaining permission.

The 1961 Report of the Register of Copyrights on the General Revision of the U.S. Copyright Law cites examples of activities that courts have regarded as fair use: “quotation of excerpts in a review or criticism for purposes of illustration or comment; quotation of short passages in a scholarly or technical work, for illustration or clarification of the author's observations; use in a parody of some of the content of the work parodied; summary of an address or article, with brief quotations, in a news report; reproduction by a library of a portion of a work to replace part of a damaged copy; reproduction by a teacher or student of a small part of a work to illustrate a lesson; reproduction of a work in legislative or judicial proceedings or reports; incidental and fortuitous reproduction, in a newsreel or broadcast, of a work located in the scene of an event being reported.”

Copyright protects the particular way an author has expressed himself; it does not extend to any ideas, systems, or factual information conveyed in the work.

The safest course is always to get permission from the copyright owner before using copyrighted material. The Copyright Office cannot give this permission.

When it is impracticable to obtain permission, use of copyrighted material should be avoided unless the doctrine of “fair use” would clearly apply to the situation. The Copyright Office can neither determine if a certain use may be considered “fair” nor advise on possible copyright violations. If there is any doubt, it is advisable to consult an attorney.

thats gospel again

Foolish
10-21-2006, 08:13 AM
And I think people would get less heated about silly lil issues like this if we came at em w/ less emotion and instead had a more well thought out, well worded, and (I hate to use the word but I will) a whole lot of good ol' logical reasoning as to why we think the way we do. Take out the adrenaline and insert some brain matter. I know I can pretty much discuss any issue (from this one to Benny Hinn to abortion to whatever) and not get heated about it. Take out the emotion.

Foolish
10-21-2006, 08:16 AM
And if you're looking for non-sampled beats, holla at a playa on the skreet when you see him...lol.

Psalmist
10-21-2006, 08:20 AM
And if you're looking for non-sampled beats, holla at a playa on the skreet when you see him...lol.
I'ma hustler...I'ma I'ma hustler homie

witness
10-21-2006, 10:06 AM
No doubt Psalm...it's all love. Got respect for you homie. Keep on pursuing holiness famo. Ain't no hard feelings here...but you know as well as I know that there are some catz who are always looking to discredit someones ministry just because they ain't feelin it. I know that ain't what YOU was doin....but there are catz like that. So I just wanted to make sure it was clear why Frontlynaz uses secular joints from time to time nah mean? Much love to you dawg. Be blessed!

wit

Psalmist
10-21-2006, 10:12 AM
No doubt Psalm...it's all love. Got respect for you homie. Keep on pursuing holiness famo. Ain't no hard feelings here...but you know as well as I know that there are some catz who are always looking to discredit someones ministry just because they ain't feelin it. I know that ain't what YOU was doin....but there are catz like that. So I just wanted to make sure it was clear why Frontlynaz uses secular joints from time to time nah mean? Much love to you dawg. Be blessed!

wit
Thanks family.....this is what I love about this board....we can build w/o tearing down!

nar8ta
10-21-2006, 10:22 AM

100% truth, Unseen posted this info prior!

Nar

nar8ta
10-21-2006, 10:24 AM

wit

Tap three people and tell them "You know thats right" LOL:D

Nar

nar8ta
10-21-2006, 10:25 AM
Thanks family.....this is what I love about this board....we can build w/o tearing down!

100% truth

Blessed are the Peace makers!

Nar

nar8ta
10-21-2006, 10:35 AM
Nar I'm agreeing w/ you....not stop sampling though, but choosing out sample material a lot more carefully! Also, if we use the track...get the right clearances for it.....I might just need to employ a band!

LOLOL tap your Jamaican neighbor and step on three roaches and tell them "Ya dun know thats right" LOLOL

We all aren't convicted by this like we should be, but GOD sees and GOD knows, "we all will have to give an account".

Man, if I could find a bassists, it would be on!

Nar

thankfull
10-21-2006, 10:37 AM
Man, if I could find a bassists, it would be on!

Nar

I could get you the bassist from vessels of mercy (lamp mode) he played the bass on Smile by R-swift. He killed it! (sorry I am off topic)

nar8ta
10-21-2006, 10:42 AM
I could get you the bassist from vessels of mercy (lamp mode) he played the bass on Smile by R-swift. He killed it! (sorry I am off topic)

GGGGGGGGLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOORRRRRRRYYYY em glory em glory em glory LOLOL (dude that got married) LOLOL!

Nar

Brinson
10-21-2006, 04:39 PM
thats gospel

I'm suing you Thats copywritten ! ! !

LOL .... Takes saying back to the altar and ask GOd to forgive my brother for taking a preacher slang LOL

Psalmist
10-21-2006, 07:25 PM
I'm suing you Thats copywritten ! ! !

LOL .... Takes saying back to the altar and ask GOd to forgive my brother for taking a preacher slang LOL
hahahahaha.....wanted to see what you would say

Shock~Therapy
01-06-2007, 03:59 PM
up for more response (and for Eva ;) )