PDA

View Full Version : I got a testimony.

dremarshall
10-18-2006, 01:05 PM
Yo what's up fam. Yo me & my wife have been talking lately, and I've been expressing to her the importance of the word, and how it is not just for devotional reading. I have been a student of the word, but my wife had been taught some things, and also lead to believe some things, that are just not biblical. Good but not biblical. So anyways I have just been sharing with my wife the burden of really getting into God's word, and knowing Him for who He really is. She went to Moody bible college, and left with nothing but stories. But anyway lately I hipped her to carm.org and she has really been diggin' into her word, not just about random things, but also the truth. Basically she has developed a desire for God's word, where now when we speak it's not onesided, but we acutally are discussing the word together. This was a huge desire of mine, cause I could always talk to my boys, and other people, but could never really get into detail or really expound with her on things. But all praise to God because now we talk about what the word says, and it has helped in every area of our marriage, ESPECIALLY COMMUNICATION, seeing that the bible is my favorite book, and I love talking about God soo much!!! Just wanted to share that with ya'll.

StreetSermonz
10-18-2006, 01:07 PM
Hallelujah! That is a Blessing Dre, I'm glad to hear that. I know when I talk to my wife-to-be, all I really want to discuss is the Word.

kingsman2ki
10-18-2006, 01:08 PM
Yo what's up fam. Yo me & my wife have been talking lately, and I've been expressing to her the importance of the word, and how it is not just for devotional reading. I have been a student of the word, but my wife had been taught some things, and also lead to believe some things, that are just not biblical. Good but not biblical. So anyways I have just been sharing with my wife the burden of really getting into God's word, and knowing Him for who He really is. She went to Moody bible college, and left with nothing but stories. But anyway lately I hipped her to carm.org and she has really been diggin' into her word, not just about random things, but also the truth. Basically she has developed a desire for God's word, where now when we speak it's not onesided, but we acutally are discussing the word together. This was a huge desire of mine, cause I could always talk to my boys, and other people, but could never really get into detail or really expound with her on things. But all praise to God because now we talk about what the word says, and it has helped in every area of our marriage, ESPECIALLY COMMUNICATION, seeing that the bible is my favorite book, and I love talking about God soo much!!! Just wanted to share that with ya'll.

Praise The Lord!!!! Communication is key in marriage. Communicating with one another about the Word makes marriage that must sweeter.

son of man
10-18-2006, 01:17 PM
that really is a testimony! i been dealing with a similar situation with my wife. she has a number of beliefs that aren't exactly biblical. like many, she has a cursory knowledge of the word (which is good to a certain extent). but i believe the Lord wants us all to grow beyond that. sure, it's good to know what the word SAYS, but what does it MEAN? many fail to make it to that point and as a result misuse the bible by quoting things out of context.:(

dremarshall
10-18-2006, 01:20 PM
that really is a testimony! i been dealing with a similar situation with my wife. she has a number of beliefs that aren't exactly biblical. like many, she has a cursory knowledge of the word (which is good to a certain extent). but i believe the Lord wants us all to grow beyond that. sure, it's good to know what the word SAYS, but what does it MEAN? many fail to make it to that point and as a result misuse the bible by quoting things out of context.:(

You know I've been faulty of this too, what has helped me is being on here with people who don't just accept anything. But each person is different. The bad thing too, is sometimes we live off of what we know instead of constantly being dilligent. I heard this dude Nasir Sadiki say that if you can rightly divide the word of truth, then you can wrongly divide it. So I am working on rightly dividing the word.

bc_jc
10-18-2006, 01:25 PM

Praise God!!! It is indeed an awesome testimony. I certainly hope you guys continue to grow together in the Word!!!

God Bless Fam!
B

Shirverlion
10-18-2006, 01:28 PM
Glory to God Dre. Black love is beautiful, but black love that's centered in Christ is just :D

eve
10-18-2006, 01:34 PM
Mat 5:25-27: "Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless."

you bless me, Dre (and all the other husbands here) when you offer this kind of testimony. you're rightfully doing for your wife as Christ does for the church. that is such a benefit to the kingdom, your wives, your families, and your own spiritual lives.

this is great testimony of continual obedience to God's Word concerning marriage. excellent example.

keep on keeping on!

son of man
10-18-2006, 01:55 PM
Mat 5:25-27: "Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless."

you bless me, Dre (and all the other husbands here) when you offer this kind of testimony. you're rightfully doing for your wife as Christ does for the church. that is such a benefit to the kingdom, your wives, your families, and your own spiritual lives.

this is great testimony of continual obedience to God's Word concerning marriage. excellent example.

keep on keeping on!
u just spoke a mouthful of truth right there.:) i used to believe those verses meant that a husband was supposed to do everything he could to make his wife happy. (atleast that's what alot of women would have men believe...lol)

but a couple of weeks ago the Holy Spirit spoke to me and told me the truth. He said that as husbands we are the priests of our households. therefore, we're responsible for leading and guiding our families spiritually. just like Christ is the head of the church and intercedes on our behalf as far as our relationship with the Father, husbands ought to play a similar role in helping to develop their wives relationship with Christ.

just as Christ encourages, strengthens and at times rebukes His body, husbands must do the same. that's not to say us hubbies shouldn't do those nice things that our wives love, but the more we focus on what's really important spiritually, the more that opens up doors for the other things.

StreetSermonz
10-18-2006, 02:06 PM
Glory to God Dre. Black love is beautiful, but black love that's centered in Christ is just :D
White love is beautiful too, especially if it is black and white love centered in Christ. :rolleyes:

albraggs
10-18-2006, 03:23 PM
Wow that is amazing

DLO
10-18-2006, 05:16 PM
Thats whats up my dude.Praise God.I hope yall continue to grow in the Lord together.Get at me fam.Holla-Luyah.LOL.

montenell
10-18-2006, 05:52 PM
thats wonderful man praise God

naijagirl
10-18-2006, 06:01 PM
Amen...that's truth, bro. I remember going to this workshop during a retreat this weekend, and one of the things I wrote as an attribute of my future husband is that he be the spiritual leader of the home and I don't want to be the one teaching him. That doesn't mean I should be lax now and then when I'm married I say "Ok, teach me about the Word"...

I wrote a blog about what ladies should do, sorry if I'm a bit OT...Click here (http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=32369152&blogID=169515861&MyToken=5eb7a21d-cf88-4833-813f-e22259e002f3)

BlackCalvinist
10-18-2006, 08:44 PM
Praise God.

Prayer works.

Let me keep my word and get this Bible to you.

shekinahsmoke
10-18-2006, 08:48 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: HAAAALLLLLELLUUYAAAAHH!!

invisible man
10-19-2006, 07:20 AM
Word up. Praise be to God!