PDA

View Full Version : Fasting?

StreetSermonz
10-18-2006, 12:53 PM
Anyone here ever went on a fast, then broke it pre-maturely? That thread about impatience is ringing in my ears right now.

LENZ_1
10-18-2006, 12:59 PM
I have, because I wasn't strong enough. I need to fast now, but I'm nervous about starting one.

Enlighten
10-18-2006, 01:34 PM
I have before because i went to extreme with it I wasnt ready for that kinda of focus yet, now I'm able to fast without a problem if you still on it stay focus and pray when you feel you can't.

Peace

Devin
10-18-2006, 01:36 PM
is it necessary to set the amount of days that you are going to fast?

jnorman888
10-18-2006, 01:37 PM
Anyone here ever went on a fast, then broke it pre-maturely? That thread about impatience is ringing in my ears right now.

Me, I know how you feel....and all I can say is pray and try again next time around.

Shirverlion
10-18-2006, 01:37 PM
I've had fasts where I held strong and fasts that I broke. I also had fasts that I bended the rules for. I'm a lot stronger and wiser now. If I do fast I will not make it outside my own limits.

C.A.J.E ILLS
10-18-2006, 02:58 PM
is it necessary to set the amount of days that you are going to fast?

Yes...cause before you fast you want to ask the Lord to help you through till that specific time is up...whether it be 12 hours 24hours and so on...

Psalmist
10-18-2006, 03:01 PM
I have a few times. I'm not braggin about it, b/c it is shameful in my eyes. My downfall usually comes b/c of someone getting in my ear talking some sort of foolishness.

t-roberts
10-18-2006, 03:42 PM

I have. I feel for you fam.:(

montenell
10-18-2006, 05:47 PM
man i probably have broke fasts more than i have kept them

Knyce924
10-18-2006, 07:32 PM
What do you guys usually do for fasts? What are ur usual parameters as far as like time and other stuff. I've never done multiple days and i've only done one on my own. (as a child we sometimes fasted as a family) So i'm pretty much a rook

Good that this subject comes up, cuz I feel like I'm due for a fast. :)

jnorman888
10-18-2006, 11:25 PM
fasting is hard to do fam so I feel your struggle

Devin
10-19-2006, 02:20 AM
Yes...cause before you fast you want to ask the Lord to help you through till that specific time is up...whether it be 12 hours 24hours and so on...

yeah but why even do that?whats the purpose?most of the ppl in here have broken their fasts......so it doesnt make sense...i would rather ask God for His blessings that i may be able to last as long as He wants me to.....

Psalmist
10-19-2006, 03:01 AM
The longest fast I've completed happened when I was 16. And that was for 40 days....just water. The way to get through it man is to take out that time that you would usually socialize (while eating) and put it into building w/ God. Eating is such a social thing that if we take away the social aspect while fasting, we plug into God's power by building w/ Him dig?

Tarii_2sweet
04-07-2018, 02:50 PM
Bump, I am bumping threads that I want to talk about

LUPE and LIGHT since you two are mostly the active

I call you out. Do you guys fast??

I never fast.