TheRealPae
10-18-2006, 11:41 AM
Check the site and preview.

http://www.colorofthecross.com/

Lets politic, need I say more??

One, Les!

jnorman888
10-18-2006, 11:45 AM
It seems cool but why is she wearing that arab cloth over her head?

Goose
10-18-2006, 12:34 PM
I could have sworn Jesus was a Jew. Not black or white, but brown. Looking more like Yasser Arafet than dude in the movie.

J Hoyt
10-18-2006, 12:38 PM
I could have sworn Jesus was a Jew. Not black or white, but brown.

I heard that somewhere too...

Whats the point of changing the story of Jesus? I'd be terrified to twist the story around and retell it.

DJ Links
10-18-2006, 12:40 PM
Yes he was a Jew. Study and do some research where the original Jews are from.

lisajames96
10-18-2006, 12:46 PM
Yes he was a Jew. Study and do some research where the original Jews are from.

Can you enlighten us DJ LInks? And when you say original Jews are you also referring to them(originals) as "hebrews" also?

StreetSermonz
10-18-2006, 01:10 PM
It's possible that Jesus was "black", I doubt that he was "white". He was probably somewhere in between. Most people say "olive", I say, does it matter? Nothing wrong with a movie that has a black man portraying Jesus as long as it lines up with the Word.

If color is an issue I have a question: shouldn't the Pharisee's be the same color as Jesus?

This brings me to another question (not that educated yet on Jewish/Hebrew History), did you have to be born a Jew, or could you convert? And if you could convert, were there Jews from all nations like there are today?

ok I just watched the trailor and it kind of disturbed me...

Devin
10-18-2006, 01:11 PM
isnt there such thing as a "black jew"?how can yall determine the race of Jesus?

J Hoyt
10-18-2006, 01:17 PM
It's possible that Jesus was "black", I doubt that he was "white". He was probably somewhere in between. Most people say "olive", I say, does it matter? Nothing wrong with a movie that has a black man portraying Jesus as long as it lines up with the Word.

It's not just that a black guy is portraying Jesus. That wouldn't be a big deal. From what I understand, this movie is asking: What if Jesus was black and race played a significant part in His crucifixion?

StreetSermonz
10-18-2006, 01:24 PM
It's not just that a black guy is portraying Jesus. That wouldn't be a big deal. From what I understand, this movie is asking: What if Jesus was black and race played a significant part in His crucifixion?
yes, I noticed that after I watched the trailer, which is what disturbed me. There were even some things shown that didn't line up, like where are the other two on the cross next to him, and as I said earlier why is Jesus black and the other jews white?

StreetSermonz
10-18-2006, 01:27 PM
isnt there such thing as a "black jew"?how can yall determine the race of Jesus?
Nowadays you can be whatever "race" and still be considered a jew. And we cannot determine the race of Jesus, it doesn't really matter. Historically, because of his potrayal as an "anglo" in popular American culture, people from other ethnic groups, specifically african-american, have tried to counter that image. I can understand the thinking, but I don't agree with it. Basically, people want Jesus to look like they do.

jnorman888
10-18-2006, 01:29 PM
yes, I noticed that after I watched the trailer, which is what disturbed me. There were even some things shown that didn't line up, like where are the other two on the cross next to him, and as I said earlier why is Jesus black and the other jews white?

You have some good points but I'm not sure if all 4 gospels have the other two dudes next to Jesus on the Cross. Well I don't know if all 4 mentions the other two dudes.

but I truely don't know what this movie is about so I won't speak on it anymore until I read up on it or see it.

Danielle
10-18-2006, 01:31 PM
The movie was upsetting, because it stated that it was historically accurate as well as biblically, but I have not seen any speculation in the bible that it was an issue of race, that has nothing to do with Jesus being murdered. The bible does however state that that Jesus had feet the color of bronze and hair like wool. So the issue of his color does not bother me, but the issue that it was motivated by race is in total contradiction to the word of God.

StreetSermonz
10-18-2006, 01:41 PM
The bible does however state that that Jesus had feet the color of bronze and hair like wool. So the issue of his color does not bother me, but the issue that it was motivated by race is in total contradiction to the word of God.
amen. Daniel 10 and Rev 1 and 4 both speak about Jesus having feet like brass (bronze) and his hair being white like wool. But again, you can't take that info and assume he was black. However there is nothing wrong with him being portrayed as a black man, it's about the context of the movie.

DJ Links
10-18-2006, 03:21 PM
Can you enlighten us DJ LInks? And when you say original Jews are you also referring to them(originals) as "hebrews" also?

My bad!!! I just realized how arrogant that sounded. I will try and get back on later today to show my position.

Psalmist
10-19-2006, 08:12 AM
Check the site and preview.

http://www.colorofthecross.com/

Lets politic, need I say more??

One, Les!

Well it is what it is....Doesn't matter what color He was, as long as His blood is Red!